• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Quick Start!

SBMWaugh

The Scion of Balance
The concept behind this thread is simple. I shall write some roleplay starters. If you find yourself interested in something that I've written then you are invited to start a conversation where we can continue the roleplay. So here is the first of my starters.

There was a vague sense of weightless drifting. It was the first thing that it could remember ever being aware of. Then it became aware that it wasn't aimlessly drifting anymore, even though it hadn't anything to contrast it with. It just knew that it was being pulled towards somewhere. Then its awareness expanded. It no longer was just thoughts but it could begin to feel itself taking form. It was strange. Cold at first but as it drew nearer to its destination it continually grew warmer. The warmth brought with it its own gifts. Whereas before she had nothing to frame her thoughts, she suddenly discovered language. The more words she learned the more she understood what her purpose was and where she was going.

Then she passed through. Falling to her knee, she knelt in deference to the person before her. She knew nothing of the person. Not their gender, nor their name. Not their purpose, nor intent. The only thing that she knew was that she now belonged to them. Whatever their purpose, it would be her purpose now. She lived to serve and her final gifts had been the been the knowledge and the tools of a warrior in which to better do this. "I am at your service. The name that has been inscribed on my mind is Hana. If it pleases you to call me such then so be it. If not I shall take whatever name you place upon me," she stated in a monotone as she remained knelt with her eyes trained on the ground as she waited for the reply.

Ever since he was a child, Arthur had his head filled with fantastical stories by both his Mother and Father. In hindsight he recognized these to be the freaky roleplays that the two used to keep their marriage fresh. The stories themselves being the foreplay for that which would follow latter, after he had fallen asleep. He had tried not to think about it too much but he couldn't help but wonder which stories led to the conception of his siblings or what story had potentially spawned him. But he never lingered on the subject too long. He didn't need to remember those stories any more. He was now able to live them. Having been picked up by a Knight-Errant when he was still pretty young, the man had trained him and kept him on as his squire before eventually Knighting him. Suffice to say that when the opportunity had knocked on their door, his parents hadn't hesitated to let him pursue his dream. They were quite the romantics. And so he hadn't had the most normal of childhoods.

Now a young man though, he wondered the land helping those in need. It didn't matter to him whether they were paupers or royals, if they were in need and their needs were just then he would help them. In this way he was usually able to keep food in his belly and a roof above his head. In the absence of being granted this kindnesses by his contractors, he usually had some money in his purse to afford accommodations at the local taverns. It was during one of these periods that he had come upon the town of Lorne. Not an insignificant town, the people were troubled by the sudden appearance of a tower a little ways outside the town. Nobody came or went but horrible howling could be heard near the full of the moon. Unnerved by this, the Mayor had put out a contract for the solving of this case. The assumption was that quick to rise, it would be quick to fall if only a soul brave enough to enter would reveal itself.

Hearing of the towns plight, Arthur thought himself such a man. And though a chivalric man, it did not hurt that the mayor had attached a fair amount of coin to the reward to the contract. It made it easier for him to spend his last coin on some food and lodging at the tavern the night before setting out. Come the next morning, he wasted no time and was at the tower before midday. It was larger than he had expected and as far as he could tell, there was only one exit and entrance. Grabbing the knocker on the door, he knocked three times before declaring himself. "My good sir or lady, my name is
Arthur Brasca. I have come on behalf of the townsman of Lorne to inquire into your purpose and intent with having taken up here and to make sure that you are well for strange noises can be heard coming from your home at night. May I come in," he yelled at length, his still slightly boyish and youthful voice projecting enough so that even one at the top of the tower might hear him.

Synthetics. Whereas once it had been a word to celebrate it now was used as a derogatory slang term. Realians were what they were otherwise known as. Technological constructs that could more than adequately simulate the human experience. They could look human. Act human. Nobody could tell the difference, which made it no surprise when they wanted to be treated as humans. They were denied this privileged at first. The general populous couldn't wrap their heads around it. Small conflicts ensued and by the end the synthetics had won their emancipation. Freedom of persecution did not mean freedom from discrimination however.

It had taken her a little while to realized the truth of those words. From the time of her inception to her first incident as she remained the same while others who had thought they had been an age with her became grey with age. This earned her their ire and it wasn't until seeing this pattern unfold a second time that she realized that she couldn't stay in one place for too long. Having been built initially as a hospitality platform, she hadn't thought of any other way of living that didn't involve serving people. But in doing so she became to invested in her charges and didn't like to leave them. Recognizing this about herself, she decided to exist outside of her core programming. It was dangerous but she thought she could handle it.

And so she joined a band of mercenaries who wouldn't care what she was. All that matter was how she served. Thus
Nel Hauser was born.

"This is the Atrapos. I've picked up your S.O.S. and am willing to bring you aboard. If you've any weapons I suggest you leave them aboard your evac pod. I will tow it behind us as we go, so you do not need to worry about leaving anything behind. You are the priority now," she announced over the communicator hoping that the pod still had enough power to receive her message while keeping life support running inside. Connecting her craft to the pod, she then opened the walkway doors and stood, waiting for her guest(s) to arrive on the bridge.

More Starters to come...

Last edited by a moderator:
Test RP post:

Astran turned and scoffed, straining to hide the downturned line of his mouth. It was bad enough, he thought, that She would send him this...creature. But there was nothing he hated more than watching the Agency build and dispose of human lives at their whim and pleasure.

Still, Hana's arrival was fortuitous.

"I will call you by the name imprinted upon you." he replied, turning around to face her. He knelt before her and lifted her chin, where his eyes met hers and greeted her with unexpected kindness. "My name is Astran Valderis. You and I shall work together. Can I count on your assistance, Lady Hana?"

New plot located. Mayhaps the Knight-Errant and the Maiden Fair is more to your liking?

Another new plot up! Synthetic Love may just be the roleplay for you ;D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back