• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Quick [mxm] search

shoyu

Hiya, I’m shoyu. I’m gonna try and keep this short and sweet, but no promises. I’m looking for someone whose habits and preferences mesh nicely with mine.

NOTE: I'm not able to send messages just yet so please pm me.

sho's profile

• I’m in my early twenties, and I’d prefer that my partners are around the same age range too.
  • I prefer to play switches, and I’m mostly looking to roleplay with other switches. I’m not looking to roleplay with people who only play ukes.
  • Using photos for face claims rubs me the wrong way. Please, no face claims of real people.
  • At most, I’ll probably write replies two times a day on a typical weekday. If I’m going to be unable to post for more than five days, then I’ll be sure to let you know. I’d appreciate it if you’d do the same for me.
  • I am capable of being verbose but I’d really prefer not to. Sure I’m happy to set the scene for the start of a brand spanking new roleplay with a 700-900 word introduction but for every post? Nah. 300-500 words per reply is more reasonable for me.
  • I get burned out easily if I’m doing all the work. Be involved with plotting and don’t be afraid to throw in (reasonable) surprises that haven’t been discussed with me. I freaking love it when my roleplays are unpredictable.
  • I’m not the type to plan for each and every scenario, and I never reveal all my cards at the beginning. If we do profiles, they’ll be concise – barebones even – because I’m still developing my character as we go along.
  • PM’s, threads, and discord are all A-OK with me.
  • Want samples? Just ask.

Plots, plots and more plots

I’m not looking for anything too serious right now, which is a shocker since I usually adore heavier themes. Emotional burn out maybe? In any case, I’m in the mood for something humorous.

C1 and C2 are both members of a k-pop boyband – but they have a rather complicated relationship. Saying that they’re not all too fond of one another is an understatement but they’re willing to put up a front for the sake of their fans – and their careers. But nothing gets past the eyes of their adoring fans, who manage to misinterpret their awkward interactions as romantic tension. Everything goes downhill when news of this increasingly popular “ship” reaches their manager, whose sole concern is to keep the group relevant. The orders are clear: give the fans more material to work with. The ship must sail on.

- I’m actually not heavily invested in the KPOP community so it’s probably best that my partner is. I don’t know a whole lot about the industry, but I figured it’s an entertaining idea and why the heck not.

- Original characters only.

- Looking for someone who’s more than happy to come up with amusing entertainment / variety show situations for the boys with me.

Across the globe, mysterious structures appear overnight. Many curious souls have set foot inside these dungeons, only to get stranded in a world so wondrous and so utterly nonsensical that they never see the light of day again. That is reason enough for the reasonable person to avoid the dungeons, but every now and then people are lured in by tales of riches and grandeur. They say that those who conquer a dungeon leave with more gold that they can expend in a life time. Those who have captured dungeons have been granted power that exceeds the limits of mankind. All you have to do is survive.

Variations

C1 (Aspiring dungeon capturer) x C2 (Rival aspiring dungeon capturer)

C1 (Aspiring dungeon capturer) x C2 (Djinn / master of the dungeon)

- Note: If you choose this one, our characters might not interact directly face-to-face for a considerable length of time. It’ll be more like MC setting challenges for your character to overcome. Their first encounter will possibly be more akin to a protagonist meeting the final boss.

- Inspired by Magi: the labyrinth of magic. I’d be delighted to rp this with any magi fan out there, but you don’t need to know anything about it to enjoy this plot. If you are a fan, take note that I’m not up to date with the manga/anime and spoilers aren’t appreciated. We can take more elements from the show if you like, but if it’s dabbling with anything past the Magnostadt Arc that’s when it’s getting too risky for my liking.

C2 never fails to get on C1’s nerves. He’s sick and tired of being one-upped by C2 all the time. When C1 finds out that C2 is a top ranking player in a virtual reality game (think fantasy MMO) he makes it his personal mission to outrank him. Lady luck, however, has other ideas in mind for him. When he goes to sign up for the game, his avatar is accidently assigned the wrong gender – and he wanders carelessly into a mob of violent beasts. He’s saved from his imminent in game death by C2 who’s kinder to him than usual, likely because he doesn’t recognize C1 at all.

General themes I’m interested in

• Anything to do with omegaverse
    • Arranged marriages
    • Virtual reality / game worlds

I'm not able to send messages yet either just yet, so, I can't PM you.

I was... actually really surprised by how close our preferences and habits match. I'm pretty well known among my friends for either making them cry or making them laugh so hard they can't eat or drink within earshot, so humor is no problem if you don't mind a wide variety of different kinds of humor (mainly irony and really awkward situations). Though I warn you, how interested I can be in my own character is sometimes inversely proportional to how tragic their history....

If you're still looking I'm interested in either the first (though I know literally nothing about K-POP either so... that ought to be interesting) and the last one's set up, but I love fantasy elements to be incorporated like the second plot idea.

Well dang. That's alright, we'll manage fine posting in here for now.

I'm glad that it looks like we'll be a good match! I'm all for different types of humor. Honestly, I don't take my characters too seriously and that's how I have the most fun with them.

Hmm, right now I'm discussing the False Princess idea with someone else. It's in the early planning stages, but if it doesn't go through I'll let you know.

I'm more than happy to do the Kpop idea with you though. Itd be good to have some knowledge but we can struggle through it together. Though let's start with what you do know, so we're on the same page.

Just a note, replies may be delayed. I have class now.

shoyu shoyu

Guess so. Ping me for now then so I definitely get a notification, yeah?

Same. I love tension and conflict, but if it's not broken up with enough hilarity then I get burned out pretty easily. It's been a while since it's been not me just kind of humoring myself though so I'm looking forward to this.

Sure, sure! Let me know. On that note (not saying WE have to do this, but it's an idea I'm throwing out because it just occurred to me) but I had a passing idea having to do with virtual reality/games where character/s die and get offered a sort of "second chance" by being put into game permanently and in secret.

I know that the groups can get pretty large. I know there's a lot of synchronized dancing. I know they do game-shows and interviews a little like celebrities in America. Honestly, I'm more familiar with Japanese/Chinese culture so I have a vague frame of reference there, but I don't know a lot about KPOP specifically.

Eating dinner myself. No worries.

Wrathka Wrathka

Oops, sorry about that. Still getting used to the site.

Damn, well we can forget the kpop idea and chuck it out the window. Yours is much more interesting.

What kind of game do you have in mind? Would the characters be competing with each other? The way I see it, the idea has the potential to be rather dark. I don't mind that, I'm interested as long as it's not downright depressing all the time.

shoyu shoyu

No problem~ I almost forgot anyway.

We could combine them for more comedy? Like, instead of KPOP maybe it's just... like the poster boys of the most popular virtual reality game on the planet, who also kind of function as a band (????) but everyone thinks they're NPCs or more electronic like Vocaloids when in reality! They were living people that either died while in game and ended up stuck somehow and the producers are still trying to secretly fix this (but in the meantime...) or died and were put into the game as a sort of apology if it was caused by one of the higher ups breaking the rules etc.

I don't know, I'm literally making this up as I'm going. I figured kind of an RPG game because my mind immediately goes "woo! Fantasy!" but maybe it's more like just a more fantastical/magic world where you can choose to compete and fight in dungeons or PvP or just live normal lives just in this world etc.

Let me know if things aren't making sense here.

Wrathka Wrathka

Hmm, you've lost me there. We don't have to retain any elements of the KPOP idea, y'know? Not if you don't want to. I like virtual reality / game worlds just fine on its own. And a "gaming afterlife" seems like a concept that will stand up fine on its own. Actually it reminds me of an anime I've watched, and another game I've played.

Though if you want to make it work with the elements of the KPOP plot, then I'm happy to put in the work and do some brainstorming. Just want to check if we're on the same page first.

shoyu shoyu

No, I know! I was just trying to think of something that would help with the fact that this idea is one that has potential to be so dark. There's a manga I've read where the two kind of went hand in hand so that's why I suggested it, that's all.

I think we're on the same page! I'm not particularly for or against combining them, just suggesting it as an option to go along with the "gaming afterlife" premise.

Wrathka Wrathka

Cool cool, was worried that I'd misinterpreted you somehow. I totally appreciate your ideas, heck I'm impressed by what you can come with on the spot.

I reckon there are ways that we could balance a dark plot and still make it amusing. We could have a whimsical "game master" (I figure there's some sentient being responsible for subjecting them to their miserable fate) and we could avoid making characters that veer dangerously into Debbie Downer territory. I don't hate those types of characters, but then the RP usually revolves around the other characters trying to cheer them up all the time.

And I'm guessing that they have to fulfill some objectives in order to keep living? Some of them could be random and nonsensical, so that it's not just danger, danger, death, death all the time.

Or it could be entirely like an actual game, where they have to level up and all. Just throwing some ideas around.

shoyu shoyu

Thank you! It's years of RPing I have to thank for that I suppose.

Ahhh. I know what you mean there. It's sometimes okay to have those characters if the cheering up actually works a little and the character's are able to get a foothold and change, but indefinite misery is just... well, the RP stops being fun then. Who would be the GM in that scenario?

I know this is going to sound like I'm still attached to the idea of combining the two, but what if the condition for them staying alive/in game was they had to stay popular to promote the game. Whether that means making appearances for "events" in game or leveling up or pretending to be a couple because it's the fandom's biggest ship and in order to stay relevant the ship must sail etc. Among those responsibilities maybe there's things like testing prototype updates (which might be hella dangerous because they risk getting deleted or glitchy themselves), sort of gauging player satisfaction and finding out what players would like to see in the game, investigating problems/reported players etc.

Wrathka Wrathka

Hmm, we'll hang onto the idea of there being a GM for a second. Because what you've described in your last paragraph sounds exactly like a GM for a MMO.

I think having them be KPOP stars (whether before their death or after) could be somewhat difficult to work with. What I'm picking up on though, and feel free to correct me if i'm wrong, is that there's still some elements from the kpop idea that you'd like to retain in this idea. Like, the fan service sort of shenanigans. We can totally incorporate that.

My take on this (feel free to make changes to this or dismiss it completely) is that we could have two rival factions. They're not hostile, but they're competitive. Players are either assigned or choose their affiliations, and they participate in challenges for prizes, glory and whatnot. Our characters could be the leaders / poster boys (?) for each faction, on top of all their responsibilities that you've listed. In order to escape / return to the world of the of the living, they need to ensure that the game reaches a certain percentage in popularity across the world. If the game dies, then they also die.

Someone (their in game overlord??) realizes that there's a certain demographic that they're failing to achieve decent numbers in. Women (or fujoshi..more specifically?) And that's where the idea of having them pretend to be a couple come in.

shoyu shoyu

Hmmm~ you're not wrong, it does possess a certain allure I think that made me like the idea despite not knowing much about KPOP whatsoever. You're pretty sharp, Shoyu! Hadn't actively noticed that myself.

The only change I'd make is more than two factions, with maybe theirs as the most popular/iconic/influential for the game. I don't know why, but it makes the virtual world feel much smaller than I imagined. Otherwise I'm all on board with everything you just said there! I especially like the implication of an ending kind of, like they'll either get out of the game or they won't but I think just having a goal towards the end helps whereas I just thought the "game afterlife" would be it and them coming to terms with it. Ups the stakes. I like it!

Wrathka Wrathka

You flatter me, haha. Just taking random stabs in the dark.

Yeah sure, that makes sense. Perhaps not the most popular, but theyre pretty significant and well known.

I figured they need a little more.. Motivation. If not, then there's little reason for them to do such things. Unless one or both of them don't hate each other as much as they claim to.

Any ideas as to what your character will be like? Or would you prefer that we just do complete our profiles and work from there?

shoyu shoyu

That's a good point~ I suppose we'll also have to come up with a reason for why they hate each other to begin with now, unless you think just their personalities rubbing each other the wrong way is enough.

I have a few ideas, but nothing absolutely set in stone yet. And I'm not sure how much you'd prefer we both reveal before we start the RP hm? I like to get to know the character's in action since I find nine times out of ten I end up deviating from the profile I wrote originally when the character becomes more fleshed out by existing in the RP. That and locating a picture of any kind for character reference is the bane of my existence.

Also, on an unrelated note, I think I should be able to PM you now anytime you want to move this over.

Wrathka Wrathka
Personalities could work. We can discuss this further when we finish the profiles.

Honestly, my profiles are very simplistic. They're more useful as a point of reference for describing a character's appearance more than anything. I do prefer drawn references or face claims, but as long as you're sufficiently descriptive then I'll get by. Don't worry too much about it, I don't really like to spend too much time on a profile myself.

As for my own character, I'll only be able to work on him when I get home. Sorry about that.

A pm would be awesome, thanks.

Hildre Hildre

I haven't gotten a reply back from the other person interested in it, so sure! Could you shoot me a pm? And maybe tell me which character you'd prefer to play?

Hey there, are you still looking for someone to do the K-Pop/"For Your Eyes Only" plot? I'm really interested in it, and I've been looking for someone to rp with regarding that kind of AU! And don't worry, I'm pretty invested in the entertainment news and stuff so I can help you out!

As for habits and preferences, my characters are usually uke(?) but their personalities tend to be pretty strong and not the kind that are submissive or weak or whiny or any of that sort, so they're categorized as switches in my opinion! For replies, I'm pretty busy with college stuff and my exam week is also next week (wheezes) but I can reply once or twice a week if that's okay

shoyu shoyu
Now worries. Real life comes first, of course. I'll be around.

I'll PM you with my profile and then you can respond to it with your own before we hash anything else we need to out. Let me know ASAP if there's anything in my profile you absolutely can't live without me filling out, yeah? I'll include the basics, focus on appearance to compensate for a reference photo but include a little personality information.

mindheist mindheist
Yep, that plot is still available. That's great that you know, cause I'm not all too familiar. I just remember watching some variety shows and thinking that they were entertaining.

That should be okay. I'm mostly wary because I tend to play characters who are rather brash, and babying overly sensitive characters whether they be male nor female... isn't my idea of a fun time. As long as your characters aren't the definition of a stereotypical uke then it's all good! I just don't want characters to be completely defined by these positions. And Once or twice a week is all fine by me.

Can you shoot me a pm so we can discuss it in more detail? c:

Wrathka Wrathka

Yeah that would be great. Usually I just include a few personality traits as bullet points for a general idea, then the rest is height, hair and eye color, etc.

I'll be home soon, so I should be able to get a profile done for you fairly soon as well.

mindheist mindheist
Yep, that plot is still available. That's great that you know, cause I'm not all too familiar. I just remember watching some variety shows and thinking that they were entertaining.

That should be okay. I'm mostly wary because I tend to play characters who are rather brash, and babying overly sensitive characters whether they be male nor female... isn't my idea of a fun time. As long as your characters aren't the definition of a stereotypical uke then it's all good! I just don't want characters to be completely defined by these positions. And Once or twice a week is all fine by me.

Can you shoot me a pm so we can discuss it in more detail? c: .

I don't watch too many variety shows but I know some like Weekly Idol, Star Show 360, and Seventeen's One Fine Day so yes I can help out with that!

And oh yes, I definitely understand that. No problem at all, you don't have to worry about babying my characters! I'll shoot you a pm now then !

shoyu shoyu I don't have the ability to send PMS just yet, but I can still respond to them. If you absolutely require me to contact you first, I'll do so whenever I'm able.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back