• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern quick and dirty search for an urban/supernatural fantasy 1x1

Vinegar Bees

flowers & teeth.
6cd76bf1887b4d476f66f160ef0baa2e.jpg

Hello! I'm going to keep this search suuuper simple and straightforward. I'm looking for a very, very casual/lazy-lit RP in a modern urban/supernatural fantasy setting. Big emphasis on the casual/lazy-lit part—I've done tons of stories where the posts were very long and detailed, and those can be amazing (actually, I'm doing some 1x1s like that with some amazing writers right now!), but I also want to put a lot of effort into those posts, and it can take a lot of brainpower/time. I'm really hoping to find another story where I can churn out short, fast posts without worrying too much about all of the details and making it "good" writing. I really just want to have some trope-y fun, you know?

A couple of quick guidelines:
- Please be 21+. I'm in my mid-twenties, and I don't feel comfortable writing with people who are significantly younger than me.
- I'm looking for a modern urban/supernatural fantasy story—so, like our regular, present-day world, but with the addition of supernatural beings like angels/demons, vampires, etc.
- PLEASE be willing to do short, to-the-point posts. I'd say quality over quantity, but honestly, quality doesn't really apply here, either. I just want to be a little lazy with the writing and focus on trope-y fun.
- I'm totally cool with having side characters, but I'm not really looking to "double;" I'd like to focus on having one "main."
- I'd like to play the role of a hunter of the supernatural. You can play any kind of character you'd like!
- I'll be playing a female character. You can play any gender you'd like! I'm down for romance of any kind, but I'm also cool with platonic ships and other types of relationships.
- We don't have to use pictures for our characters, but if we do, I prefer art to real-life photos.

I can also throw out some quick plot ideas, but these are just examples and I'm not limited to these ideas—literally please throw any urban fantasy idea at me!
- A hunter has finally tracked down the demon/vampire/etc. who killed someone important to her and prepares to take her revenge. She quickly discovers, however, that there's a lot more to the story than what she knew, and a strange twist of circumstances has her forced into working with the demon/vampire/etc. instead of against them.
- A hunter is stunned when her latest target turns out to be a familiar face: a childhood friend she thought had died years ago. She quickly discovers that there was a lot more to her friend than she knew as a child.
- A vampire saves a hunter on the brink of death by turning her. Now the hunter has to struggle with her new thirst for blood and becoming one of the creatures she has sworn to hunt.
- A pair of hunters. Just that. Maybe they're partners, or maybe they're rivals.
- A hunter falls in love with an ordinary person and struggles with trying to keep them from getting involved in her dangerous lifestyle. Eventually she begins to consider whether this life is even the one she wants.
- A Buffy the Vampire Slayer-esque plotline involving a Slayer "gift" that chooses one person every lifetime. I honestly just want to be self-indulgent and play a Chosen One character/deconstruct the trope, pretty please?

That's about all! Please feel free to post here or DM me if you're interested!

Last edited:
Would it be correct to assume that this is still open? I'm always down for a good urban fantasy.

hey, this looks pretty cool! i'd be cool to do a vampire x sacrifice who turns out to be his future wife!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back