• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Quests and How Not To Lose Them

(KK)

The foxman sighed and stretched, "I suppose you are right."
Ansapi's ears flicked. What was that tone? Was it positive? Negative? Bored? Simply a statement? He couldn't tell. "If we are to be in a group, I believe we should know at least a little more about the other. I can tell you're a foxkin, and that you put work into your physique. Do you primarily employ spells, or are you competent with a mace?" He looked him up and down appraisingly. "On second thought, I doubt you'd need to be competent to use one with any level of efficacy."

"I am efficient with spells, Archery and a Katana. Plus, you have to earn my trust to know about me." Theddeus gave a huff of impatience. He really hated having to give details when he obviously HATED talking.

"A katana?" Ansapi said, his forehead wrinkling as he tried to imitate a raised eyebrow. "Those are hard to make." He'd know - weaponsmithing was a favorite hobby of his. "Where did you get one?"

Theddeus flicked his hands and an arsenal of very shiny Katanas lined up. "I can collect weapons with my ability, Artisan's Arsenal." He informed lazily.

Ansapi's curiosity flared up in spite of himself. "You possess an ability that lets you bring an unlimited number of weapons with you?!" He frowned, his ears flattening. "And you use it to carry swords?"

"Among other things. I also can transform my own body." Theddeus said.

He poofed into...this. Upon transforming, his voice also changed.
"It lasts only for thirty minutes however." He said, his voice now deeper than the ocean.
1624742636186.png

Ansapi stared up at him for a long moment, and then down at his cup.

He made a mental note to expand on his repertoire of abilities at a later date. "Well," He muttered, "Your skills exceed that of the standard folk I meet."

He poofed back. "Yes, well, I have been studying since I was a lil' wee one. Comes with the territory." He laughed handsomely.

What territory? Ansapi wondered, going back to his milk. What sort of place do you come from where that is normal?

"What are your defenses against..." He slid his gaze up. "Poisons?"

"Hmm." Ansapi was glad enough that the question had been delivered without raising any alarms. He had enough poisons and venoms in enough varieties and potencies to kill a dragon, if applied correctly. A status effect dispel wouldn't help at all.

Not that he was planning on backstabbing this particularly interesting specimen, of course. He expected everyone to try and kill him at some point. He quite obviously couldn't overpower Thaddeus, but a slice with a certain venomous knife would definitely end him. An important note.

"You've answered my questions. I suppose you get to ask me one or two."

Hopefully one. Ansapi disliked sharing information about himself. It was too easy to use information against the one who supplied it. Case in point.

"Mmm...Your preference?" Theddeus asked.

The foxman gave a curious smile, with a glint of wonder in his golden eyes.

"My preference of what? Poisons?" Ansapi asked, confused by the question. "I have a number of favorites, most of which I'd rather not reveal to you. Most notable of the ones I don't mind you knowing is diphraxin. It gives the worst of stomachaches, followed by paralysis of the limbs for up to hours at a time. It leaves the victim fully aware throughout the entire process! You can imagine the possibilities."

Last edited:
Theddeus laughed. "No, your preference of gender. Do you prefer men or women. There are no wrong answers."

Ansapi blinked. "I have no interest in either. I've recently identified a method of obtaining immortality, and it is not one that allows for companionship. Between a mate or eternal life, my choice is obvious. But, under the condition that particular method fails... I wouldn't overly mind a few kittens bearing my resemblance."

"Ah. I prefer men myself. Children are nice, but I'd rather be with a man than with a woman." Theddeus said.

Ansapi shrugged. "Your preferences are your own. I don't anticipate seeing you in a few hundred years, after all." Or hopefully, anytime after this job, he added inwardly. "I suppose I was expecting a question more along the lines of my competency."

"Fine by me." He took a sip of his milk, wondering if his throat was going to get hoarse any time soon. He wasn't used to talking for such a prolonged period without an insult or six sprinkled in, but he'd already come to the conclusion that he would get no answers out of Thaddeus with negatvity. "When do we leave?"

"Well, I'm certain that others are surpposed to join us, so, let us wait." Theddeus said.

"You wait. I'm going to go get my claws sharpened." Ansapi slid off his stool, leaving the empty glass of milk. "With any luck, we'll leave tomorrow."

As she walked inside the guild, all eyes started to pose on her as usual. Were her wings out again? No, she hadn't summoned them today, it must be her ears and attire. It's not usual for an adventurer to be wearing such fine dresses and jewels but she had the luck to save the life of an noble woman a few years ago and ever since then she supplies her with clothes and accessories. The attention she got from it was a bit suffocating but she felt pretty, it was nice to wear soft and shiny things instead of peasant clothes all the time. In a way it brought memories of her life in Celestine, her parents were wealthy and she was used to a confortable style of life. "But that's not my life anymore..." She reminded herself, vanishing those thoughts out of her head.

A man approached her, he's the guy that usually gives her the details about her missions. He signaled to the table were the felines were seating, making her gulp immediately. In her head the splatter of blood and screams replayed continuously, people she couldn't save, people she had let down. Seeing her petrified like that he brought her back to earth by speaking. "Are you ok, miss?" He touched her shoulder, making her flinch. "S-Sorry, my bad, i'll leave you alone." People tend to be like that, they think she'll do something to them if they upset her so they run away easily.

Featherine felt the tension in her hands, looking at her claw like nails. They were stained in blood a second ago but now they are perfectly clean, anxiety is playing tricks on her. She relaxed her fingers, she wasn't slashing anyone anytime soon, and walked towards their table. "Greetings, I'm Featherine Arkane. I'm working at your side during this mission, my magic isn't suited for combat so i'll mostly be your healer." Her words were soft but she was a bit nervous, first impressions tend to be the most important and in her case people tend to judge her just by that. She waited for a moment and then seated herself in an empty spot in the table. She didn't like to lie blatantly to their faces but she wasn't risking them knowing the source of her powers. "My sealing magic also allows me to store objects more efficiently than most people, if that's ever relevant to our objectives." She lowered her eyes to the table, she should have read more carefully the details of this mission. However, that was then and this is now so she smiled and looked at both guys. "I hope we get along well." She had to be positive, keeping morale high is also the job of the supports.

Theddeus put an Ice wall in front of the feline and her. He seemed to be the silent type, after all. He sipped his ale with peaceful content.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back