• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered question regarding hosted projects?

spookie

give 'em hell, kid.
hai,

hopefully i'm not being annoying or anything, but i have a question about hosted projects that i didn't see covered in the hp-related guides or faqs.

i've created a roleplay that i want to become a hosted project and set up an interest check for it that's going pretty well. now normally i would just apply for the hp as the instructions suggest, but the problem is that this roleplay is a reboot, and a hosted project for it technically already exists.

the only real difference between the two roleplays is a main character's name, the plots are nearly identical. now, i created the original hosted project before the site updated and it hasn't been active for about that long, but i think it probably still exists in some way or another as nothing here truly gets deleted.

so should i just apply for the new hosted project as normal and ignore the already existing one, or is having two of the same rps against the rules?

i'm sorry if this has already been covered, but i checked all the links in the hp section and couldn't find anything on this subject...

Was this a HP during the IPS era, or before that? The reason for asking this is most of the HPs from the IPS era didn't not actually need the resources of a Hosted Project. Now, to answer your question, yes you would need to apply for a Hosted Project. It does not matter if it was one before, due to inactivity HP status can be revoked and the content archived. You do not need to 'ignore' your older HP content, it just doesn't guarantee you being approved for an HP based on a previous HP status.

Having you remake/reboot/restart an existing RP you've created is not against the rules in any way.

Yup. Ninja-ed >_>

not the ninjas!

anyway i'm pretty sure it was from the ips era, and i wasn't looking to guarantee i got the hp, just wanted to make sure i wasn't doing anything wrong without realizing it as i know there are rules regarding duplicate threads.

i'll just apply normally, and go from there.

not the ninjas!

anyway i'm pretty sure it was from the ips era, and i wasn't looking to guarantee i got the hp, just wanted to make sure i wasn't doing anything wrong without realizing it as i know there are rules regarding duplicate threads.

i'll just apply normally, and go from there.
It just means I get a stamp on my pirate card, huehuehue~

But yeah, some people do reboots and remakes of older RPs that died or fall into the archive due to inactivity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back