• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Help Question: Anchors to different posts

Idea

The Pun Tyrant
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Is it possible to use the anchor code to have the anchor jump to a different post on the same thread when clicked?

Is it possible to use the anchor code to have the anchor jump to a different post on the same thread when clicked?
I do not believe so. Each post is made to be self-contained which is very important. Back in IPS where there was no BBCode and just CSS/HTML you hade to ensure that your class names were not the same because the posts were not self-contained, so the style would 'leak' to outside posts and cascade downward.

Since the BBCoding is now contained per post you can't use the BBCode anchor tag to jump to a different section within another post. You would have to have it all contained within the same post for the anchor link to work.

Uhhhh....
discord-vera.png

you can...

Since the Anchor code only relies on url based jumping, you can make it jump to another anchor in another post. But it is highly not recommended do use it as such if you are just linking the post. It would be better to just use the post link that you can get by pressing the button on the top right of the post.

Uhhhh....
View attachment 624675

you can...

Since the Anchor code only relies on url based jumping, you can make it jump to another anchor in another post. But it is highly not recommended do use it as such if you are just linking the post. It would be better to just use the post link that you can get by pressing the button on the top right of the post.
Odd I've tested it a few times and even tested just before answering and it did not work. 🤔

It might be classic Chrome being mean to me like it did back when I experimented with music players in post. FF worked fine, chrome not so.

It would be better to just use the post link that you can get by pressing the button on the top right of the post.
The issue with that would be that clicking that link would reload the page, rather than just jumping, which the way I see it kind of defeats the point.

But it is highly not recommended do use it as such if you are just linking the post.
I'm sorry, I don't understand this sentence.

I did see something about using links in the BBCode guide, but I couldn't get it to work, one of the reasons why I came to make this thread.

not much can be done about the page reload.

Ahh, looks like a typo. I mean to say that if you are just jumping from post to post, and not using a specific section within the post, then it would be better to use the normal page link. This helps to keep bbcode and posts clean and relatively independent.

Looking at the bbcode guide, looks like what its referring to is just using a standard url tag instead of a goto tag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back