• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Help Question About The Art Section!

xXAestheticallyPeachyXx

She/Her pronouns today
So, I like to make photo edits. Most of which are icons (like the icon I have right now though it was kinda half baked my usual work is much better) but some are things like wallpapers and headers.

This forum has an art section, but could I possibly post my edits there? I know it's not technically artwork, but there isn't really anywhere else I can put them y'know?

Edits are a tricky thing.

Copyright, Sharing, and Plagiarism
Users are prohibited from sharing content that is copyright-protected and explicitly restricted from public sharing. This includes all media, as well as original written works. In the case of original written content created by other users on RpNation, The Staff advises that permission is sought to use this content and credit to the original author included. Plagiarism is strictly prohibited. RpNation will respect legitimate claims for DMCA.

You can post them if you have permission from the original authors to use their works for editing. But many artists don't like when their works are altered and we have received requests to take down some images. While we can't track down every single avatar or banner when used for personal purposes, showcasing such works and offering them for people to use is a different thing that is usually discouraged.

Edits are a tricky thing.

You can post them if you have permission from the original authors to use their works for editing. But many artists don't like when their works are altered and we have received requests to take down some images. While we can't track down every single avatar or banner when used for personal purposes, showcasing such works and offering them for people to use is a different thing that is usually discouraged.
Ah, I see. So what if it's an edit of something canonical such as from an anime or manga?

For example, my avatar contains only one thing that wasn't made by me, which is a cut out of a manga scene from the series Dangan Ronpa Ultra Despair Girls. It's a canon piece of artwork that's showed in the manga, and also used as a sticker across many editing platforms, and also hasn't gained copy right strikes from anyone who uses it.

As for the other stickers used to make it (the demigirl background, fake transparent background, and pansexual heart) I made them on ibis paint x.

So if I were to post something such as the icon I made, would that be alright, or is still an iffy thing that I shouldn't test?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back