Answered Question about smut

Thread starter #1
Hello! I'm very aware of the site rules concerning smut and how it's not allowed, which is totally chill with me and I fully respect that.

But...could someone please explain to me what counts as smut?

I've been roleplaying since I was about 12/13. I love writing so much. But, over the years, I have done a few romantic roleplays. I've never faded to black before because things have never gone that far, I honestly think passionate kissing was the furthest I've ever gone; but would this count as smut? I know this must sound like such a stupid question but I just want to make sure I haven't broken any rules haha. I'm paranoid by nature and this has been bugging me for quite a while, because some of my partners have been much older than me and I don't want anyone getting in trouble. I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me what is/isn't allowed. I have quite a few questions :')

JPax

uɐɯoʍpɐɯ ǝʇnlosqɐ ǝɥʇ
Passionate kissing isn't smut.

Fight me mods.

But on a serious note, no, smut is pretty much any sexual intercourse or sexual activities involving genitals. I think. ??

Fyuri

nefelibata
Supporter
-subdues with mighty moderator powers- Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru.

@ShipInTheNight In regards to passionate kissing, the question is, how passionate? Writing about things regarding groping of certain body parts or going into excessive details about how how passionate is very important context. The way to think of smut if is there is sexual tension or desires in the act being written and going explicitly into detail about everything. You can write "They were kissed passionately." You shouldn't write "They were kissed passionately -insert a paragraph detailing borderline sexual conduct or full sexual acts-."

Thread starter #5
I've never been involved in anything you said that I shouldn't write. By passionate I mean like a description of what the other player's character smells like and how their lips feel etc...Never have certain body parts been mentioned or anything like that. I mean, I was in a pirate roleplay once and there were a few flirtatious comments but nothing explicitly dirty. I just want to know the line, really.

if you have additional questions for site rules you might have better luck putting them here Community Hub

This is more the section for discussing roleplaying elements. The above is specifically about asking questions if your confused.

Below are some links for more info.

RpNation Rule Clarification PSA an old PSA from the staff that might help

Help - What is considered erotic content? - wizard ( site admin ) goes into some detail

Hope those help

Fyuri

nefelibata
Supporter
if you have additional questions for site rules you might have better luck putting them here Community Hub

This is more the section for discussing roleplaying elements. The above is specifically about asking questions if your confused.

Below are some links for more info.

RpNation Rule Clarification PSA an old PSA from the staff that might help

Help - What is considered erotic content? - wizard ( site admin ) goes into some detail

Hope those help
I haven't had a chance to move it over >_> -multitasking-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)