• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered Question about Quest RPs

TurtlexXxNation

Lady Turtle
I couldn't locate a clear answer to this and it may have been asked before, but I haven't found it...

Are the Quest RPs strictly a 1 person RP where the community chooses what they do, or could they be a group setting where the "party" of characters would vote on where the story goes?

I'm asking because I was wondering where I would place an RP that is based off of something like Dungeons and Dragons, but there would be no dice involved. It would all be purely based on story writing...

So like, people send you what they want their characters to do, and you combine those actions into a coherent story? That's a cool idea actually...

I don't have an answer for what section that would go in unfortunately, but best of luck anyway ^.^

I couldn't locate a clear answer to this and it may have been asked before, but I haven't found it...

Are the Quest RPs strictly a 1 person RP where the community chooses what they do, or could they be a group setting where the "party" of characters would vote on where the story goes?

I'm asking because I was wondering where I would place an RP that is based off of something like Dungeons and Dragons, but there would be no dice involved. It would all be purely based on story writing...
Quest RPs are "choose your adventure" types where the write a post and gives players options to pick from. Generally based upon those votes gives the direction the players (aka party in your case) want to go.

Quest RPs are "choose your adventure" types where the write a post and gives players options to pick from. Generally based upon those votes gives the direction the players (aka party in your case) want to go.

So, would it be one person writing the story, or would a group writing be acceptable?

Example:

--Adventure story comes to decision vote--
--votes cast--
--Players write their character's reactions to the achieved vote--

In essence, a GM controlling the setting/direction the characters need to look, but the characters are each being controlled individually by their respective players. Where the group votes on the direction the story goes as a whole, rather than having each character going off to do their own thing and possibly straying from the intended story...

Would I be correct that this would fall under the Quest RP forum space?

So, would it be one person writing the story, or would a group writing be acceptable?

Example:

--Adventure story comes to decision vote--
--votes cast--
--Players write their character's reactions to the achieved vote--

In essence, a GM controlling the setting/direction the characters need to look, but the characters are each being controlled individually by their respective players. Where the group votes on the direction the story goes as a whole, rather than having each character going off to do their own thing and possibly straying from the intended story...

Would I be correct that this would fall under the Quest RP forum space?
I got some additional clarification, this wouldn't really be a quest RP. You can always have your players post in the OOC area for suggested ways they want to go and integrate that within the RP. But questing is basically one GM with players who vote on a choice and the GM continues the story based on that choice. Here is an example with my own; Realistic/Modern - Doki Doki Vol. 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back