• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Answered Question About Indents...

skwerl56767

Hello, I just signed up from another roleplaying site. I was writing a roleplay pitch here, but when I previewed my post I realized all my indents were removed. Some quick digging showed that posts can have indents, via BBCode that can indent an entire paragraph or just one line of it, yet unless the previewer is misleading, the pindent tags (for one-line indentation) need to be used for every paragraph in order for each one to be indented on the first line. It doesn't automatically detect paragraph enters and put in an indent if you put the whole post in pindent tags. Spaces that are next to other spaces are automatically removed, and Tab has a different function on the site. So the question is, is there an easy way to indent the first line of every paragraph in a post that I've missed? If not, will there ever be a feature implemented to allow automatic indentation (or to tell the post editor to not remove redundant characters so I can indent with spaces strung together)? I tend to write large posts, and I break them up in a specific way. Having each paragraph be on its own line looks bad and makes my posts unnecessarily huge, yet it's exhausting to add pindent BBCode for every paragraph when I consistently write posts averaging 7-15 indentations or more per character I'm playing. If there's a better solution to this, I'd love to hear it!

Hola Amiga!

This is the answer to your problem

Indents are indeed included, even without BBcode.
On the top of your post when your typing, there is a small button
image.jpeg

Click on this button, and you should be able to find paragraph indents

Hope this answers your question!

Virus Virus What you circled it actually the BBCode list, not an indent for the first line (it indents the whole section). XD

In regards to your questions skwerl56767 skwerl56767 about an easier way to get an indent per paragraph per first line; there is not. There isn't really a way for it to 'detect' new paragraphs as this isn't a full program like Word. You cannot used the tab button in the RTE and get the first line to indent. It's unfortunately how xenforo programmed their software. We've simply created a way for users to manual code those indents that were previously not even available.

One day as the software is improved upon xenforo may improve their RTE to reflect things like hitting the tab button to instantly indent the first line, we just have to hope and wait for them to do so. Until then we have BBCode.

Darn, that's unfortunate. Well, fingers crossed that the day comes. Thanks for taking the time to answer this! In the meantime I can at least use the BBCode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back