• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Help Question About Ignoring

Lady Warlock

Anime RN
How is it handled by the system if someone you ignore posts in a thread that you own after you ignore them?

There's a person Id like to ignore, but I don't want them jumping into one of my OOC threads doing things and me to be left completely unaware of them because I ignored them and therefore cannot see their posts.

You will not be able to see their posts, however if there is ignored content on any page, there will be a small button near the bottom (Just above where the post box would be, I believe) that will let you see it if you need to. You also won't get any alerts for ignored content either

And it bothers me that things can happen in my thread without me seeing because a person is harassing me.

What if they come into my role play and start trashtalking me? How is it fair that to prevent harassment, I have to ignore them and leave that potential problem wide open with no solution?

And it bothers me that things can happen in my thread without me seeing because a person is harassing me.

What if they come into my role play and start trashtalking me?
You can report them as well, and the staff will look into it

Yes. If people are harassing you, you need to report it, it's against our rules. If you start a RP and are it's creator, you can also ask anyone to leave, it's within your RP creator rights on our site.

I reported a member who would not stop PMing me to ask about roleplaying. I said no. I shouldn't have to say it 5 times.

The response I got to the report was that I should ignore them.

An ignored user cannot PM you anymore. While annoying, that's not exactly malicious. If people are bothering you on the public face of the site, or if they contact you again after you ignored them by making an alt account or getting friends to do it, then they tend to get warned and punished for it.

If people are bothering you on the public face of the site, or if they contact you again after you ignored them by making an alt account or getting friends to do it, then they tend to get warned and punished for it.
My concern is that now that I have ignored this person, should they start trying to poke me in a thread, I will not see it and therefore cannot report it as a continuing issue.

My concern is that now that I have ignored this person, should they start trying to poke me in a thread, I will not see it and therefore cannot report it as a continuing issue.

You can easily see in a thread when ignored posts, start showing up. You'll notice other people reply as well, this is hardly an issue to worry about. If you get harassed in your thread, we got your back :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back