• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Quest OOC

Hey! So the story will start soon. Before we start we need to make teams

One team will be going to a town to get a ship for our party to use. The other team will go to a town that may have an enemy spy there and they will meet the others at the town after completing the mission.

Both teams will have monsters to fight so one mission is not necessarily easier.

Team 1 will go to the town to get supplies and the ship. Team 2 will go to the town with a spy.

You can change teams later when everyone meets at the ship.

Whichever team does not have support I will go with. Everyone needs a healer of sorts, and Erym is almost just healer, but he has some information gathering skill as well. So put him where he will be most useful.

So, today we begin this farce. Let's get some healing in! I hope I get put with the chef... Erym is not that good with the dry rations.

Will you be making an opening post giving us an idea of where we are (town or city, general surroundings, etc.) and what happened before we meet up - general knowledge of the recent past and such - just to give us a bit of context to work from? Since I am completely unsure as to how the world works in which we are playing this - save for there being guns that work with magic, and there is a war on the horizon, and a ruler that wishes to stop this.

Yeah I will.

Just so you all know its a general fantasy setting with people mostly using swords, shields, etc.

Some people have powers. Theres fantasy monsters. And yeah.

Also I made the teams.

So basically there are 5 people on each team. You only have to read what the people on your team is saying. You can write the team you are on at the beginning of your post if you want.

For example:

Recon Team

Tristen danced.

Heres the story

Quest

So I'm fairly new to the whole forum RP thing. What's the etiquette on advancing the story? Obviously I shouldn't write anything like "And then a monster leapt out of the bushes and killed everyone except me because I'm so awesome", but how do we go about actually introducing new events? Does the OP decide everything like a GM in a tabletop game and let us react to it, or can anyone just throw new stuff into the mix so long as there's some logical coherence involved?

While I do not speak for our GM, as it stands, we often interact with each other, keeping the context the same until we are given the get-go to change it. In a directed narrative like this, it is best to interact with the other players, and when directed, move on with the plot. We can add to the narrative by having the characters change or adapt the context, without overthrowing the narrative itself. Thus, we might be in a bar, and we can initiate a bar fight, but not assume one breaks out on its own. In some stories, you will be encouraged to create cannon on the go - but in one such as this, where the story is set in a fixed world, then it is best to not add anything too extensive - as it might undermine the overarching plot. I can't have a monster attack the city, because it is probably cannon that the city is very safe, and monsters have retreated from the area. If I assume that, it undermines the world. Better to have the GM decide what the parameters are.

Just you guys know, Recon Team

Since Juzo, Solfrid and Jenina are going only they can interact with the people by the woods.

Only Tristen and Kuro are near the monsters.

I am going to wait for LEAFY to react before I continue in the SUPPLY Team, just so that everyone gets a chance to react before we unintentionally kill that poor man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back