• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Quest for the Lost Treasure of ...

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Quest for the Lost Treasure of …

So many adventures begin with a cliché phrase like this. But cliché or not, that is precisely how this story begins. Our story begins as the captain of the salvage ship, Waverider, begins his search for a crew. He is a young man, not the salty older man one would expect, so young that many will mistake him for a deckhand. But he has lived his whole life as a treasure hunter. His father had been a treasure hunter. That doesn’t mean that your captain had anything handed to him by inheritance. His father disappeared, his death never confirmed. So he never received an inheritance. Instead he had to seek enlightened men to fund his expedition.

Characters
For characters I will be looking for a crew similar to that of Disney’s Atlantis: The Lost Empire. They should be a little larger than life. Secretly they may have dreams that only a treasure could fulfill. They should be decent people at heart. The Captain is a fairly good judge of character. His father was rather mercenary. It was an area that he and his father never agreed upon. That isn’t to say his father was evil. But the Captain is still learning the hard lessons that treasure hunting is a business. His ethics may eventually be challenged as he struggles to keep his business afloat.

Skills will be very important. The Captain can’t just hire a bunch of people with no useful skills. As much time will be spent on the seas as on the ground or in the air. So the characters MUST be able to travel.

The Captain will NOT hire anyone with a background too questionable for them to be used on missions for political or legal reasons. (Known terrorists, mass murderers, etc.).

Mission
The first mission will be a search for something called the Scepter of Kamopichi. Most archeologists consider the thing a myth. Its rumored location is a lost subcontinent not unlike Atlantis. Other sources suggest Thule. The Captain believes both sources are correct and that the Scepter was broken into pieces. He seems obsessed with tracking down the artifact.

Blank CS

I can appreciate the setup. Excellent movie reference choice, by the by. I'm curious, however, as to the time period during which the story takes place. If prior comparisons serve as any indication, would it also take place during the Gilded Age/Industrial Revolution or would it occur via the modern day?

(I ask purely out of interest... Because I'd look really dumb walking around with a laptop containing graphs of tectonic activity in the ocean if laptops haven't been invented yet. 😂)

Contemporary times, today, 21st century. Although I am going to have to make a few changes. Note that I also made this an AU. That was to allow for some theatrical changes to history to allow for some dramatic license.

I see, I see. Well I'm watching this thread and I hope things follow through. You've got something good going and I'm interested! <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back