Advice/Help quest/dice?

cxrlyxo

you are my life now
i’ve been roleplaying for a few years on platforms like tumblr and kik, and only just joined rpn back in july. I’m curious as to what quest/dice role plays are and if they might interest me - can someone give me an explanation of what they are?

Dice roleplays are roleplays which feature dice as a significant mechanic. The kind of RPs you'll see there most commonly are games using some ttrpg system, like Exalted, Pathfinder or Dungeons and Dragons.

As for quest roleplays, those are roleplays in the format of "choose your own adventure" books. Basically, the one running the RP is the only one who writes the RP entries, and they give choices for the players to pick from at the end of each entry- the one running the RP then takes the chosen option and writes the next entry based on that choice.

Dice roleplays are roleplays which feature dice as a significant mechanic. The kind of RPs you'll see there most commonly are games using some ttrpg system, like Exalted, Pathfinder or Dungeons and Dragons.

As for quest roleplays, those are roleplays in the format of "choose your own adventure" books. Basically, the one running the RP is the only one who writes the RP entries, and they give choices for the players to pick from at the end of each entry- the one running the RP then takes the chosen option and writes the next entry based on that choice.
i kinda figured that’s what the quest thing was! so cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back