• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Quarantine City-- Soft Post-Apoc WIP

cran

Dumb, gay, and ready to play
This is still very much a work in progress but I've been trying to put this idea together for a while and I thought I'd share it to see if anyone would be interested.
--

For a while bets were out on whether it'd be natural disaster, plague, or humanity's own greed collapsing society in on itself that would end the world. In the end, it was all and none of the above.

But humans are resilient little roaches and after the tidal waves and the cyber terrorism and all else have abated, what remains are the urban islands, pockets of densely populated inland cities isolated from each other and whatever else might be out there by countless miles of distance. Distance which has become as untraversable as the deep-darks of the ocean or the far reaches of space. You have to believe there are others out there, other colonies and other survivors, but belief is one thing and reality is another. All you've ever known, all your parents ever knew, all their parents ever knew, is your island: Quarantine City.

Just because the apocalypse is over and you're still standing doesn't mean you can relax. You have a life here in QC, one you might even dare to think of as normal, but between the gangs that rule the streets, the drugs and disease that rule the minds and bodies of the people, and the enforcers who try to rule everything else, it's not exactly what you could call smooth sailing. When you were young every child reverently repeated the fairytale that someone would come from the outside world to save you all, but you know better now. Help has to come from within the borders. So says the voice on the radio, the last one left, who refers to themself as "Master of Ceremonies".

It was that mysterious voice that first led you to your mission, all of you. The only way for order to be restored. You must seek out the long missing mayor of Quarantine City, a man who was supposed to have vanished years ago but whom sources tell you is in fact still somewhere in the city. Follow the clues, find the lost leader, bring order back to QC and maybe even reestablish connections with the other urban islands. All this won't be easy, but at least you'll be in good company.

---

Quick and messy summary:
Players play as surviving descendants of an apocalyptic event that greatly reduced the worldwide population, leaving only a few isolated communities (that we know of) called urban islands, including the players' homeland of Quarantine City which is afflicted by gang violence, drug trade, militant police, and a general lack of order. Despite this its citizens carry on, believing that someday help will come from the outside world, but you (the players) have begun to think differently after listening to the broadcasts of a mysterious radio pirate (the MC, me). Because of this you've come together with the mission to find the former mayor of QC and restore order, but all is not as it seems. And it already seemed pretty bad.

My goal is to fine tune some aspects of the worldbuilding and general story and then be able to play on a fairly regular basis, with all players contributing around once a week on average (because that seems most realistic given my own irl situation). I'm considering implementing a system like the Apocalypse World dice-roller but I'm not totally sure yet, and either way you don't have to worry about being familiar with that system.

I welcome RPers of all levels of experience who might be interested, but 18+ only please. Must be able to post at least a paragraph per response and be a good team player. Bigots and creeps need not reply.

Please let me know if you'd be interested in joining and feel free to ask questions either here or in private. Whatever's most comfortable. Thanks for reading!

Hey! First off thanks to everyone who expressed interest. I've been busy and haven't been to work on this too much but I definitely still want to. There's more like lore/world building stuff I want to put together but I'm worried about getting too wrapped up in that and winding up with something that's too needlessly complex, so for now I'll probably put together some basic ic and ooc threads and then later maybe make a separate thread for more in depth world stuff as it develops.

Hopefully will have something solid up soon so stay tuned.

What kinds of photos do you want us to use? I'm super interested.

You mean for character appearance? It honestly doesn't matter much to me since it's just to get an idea of character appearance to make interactions feel a little more natural. You can use a drawn image or a photo faceclaim, whatever you feel fits.

Hey everyone I kinda let this rp die because I wasn't getting any response on the main threads but if anyone's still interested, feel free to check out what I've put together so far and submit a character sheet (in the replies of the ooc thread pls).

[OOC thread]
[Main IC thread]
[Game log thread]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back