• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Help Putting text over a shape

Oceanic Mind

Slowly, and then all at once.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I really wish I knew how to title these but the problem is that I don't know how to explain what I'm doing succinctly. Anyway.

abcdefgG
•••

•••
•••
•••

Code:
[border=0; margin:auto; width:99%; height:300px; display:flex; flex-flow:row nowrap; align-content:center; align-items:center;][border=0; margin:auto; width:50%;]
[border=0; min-height:60px; height:auto; background:#175B64; overflow:hidden; font-size:16px; color:#F4ED05;]abcdefgG [comment]

[/comment][border=0; padding:0 0 0 5px; border-left:3.5px solid #43B6AC; float:right; height:60px; width:6%; display:flex; flex-flow:column nowrap;][border=5px solid #43B6AC; margin:auto; border-radius:50%; height:18px; width:18px; padding:0;][/border][border=0; margin:auto; height:22px; width:25px; background:#F4ED05; color:#175B64; padding:0; text-align:center; font-weight:bold; font-size:15px; letter-spacing:1px;]•••[/border][/border][/border]
[border=0; height:0px; width:30%; float:right; margin-top:-10px; border-top: 45px solid #175B64; border-left: 50px solid transparent; padding:0 0 0 10px; display:flex; flex-flow:row nowrap; justify-content:flex-start; align-items:flex-start; align-content:flex-start;][border=0; height:22px; width:25px; background:#F4ED05; color:#175B64; padding:0; text-align:center; font-weight:bold; font-size:15px; letter-spacing:1px;]•••[/border][border=0; height:22px; width:25px; background:#F4ED05; color:#175B64; padding:0; text-align:center; font-weight:bold; font-size:15px; letter-spacing:1px;]•••[/border][border=0; height:22px; width:25px; background:#F4ED05; color:#175B64; padding:0; text-align:center; font-weight:bold; font-size:15px; letter-spacing:1px;]•••[/border][/border][/border][/border]

I Have Created A Little Trapezoid-Esque Thing, as you can see there. I want the little yellow boxes to go over the shape (not what they're going to be when I'm done, just placeholders atm.) the PROBLEM is that I made the shape via manipulation of the border colors, and I can't figure out how to make the contents overlap the border (probably because... they're not supposed to...) If you have any suggestions/work arounds that would be super cool, I look forward to seeing something I was completely blind to before. Thanks in advance! (also sorry if my code is a wreck)

do you mean like this? It’s because your border top is 45px with zero height - so I just made a border tag around the boxes, and moved the margin up!

abcdefgG
•••

•••
•••
•••

Code:
 [border=0; margin:auto; width:99%; height:300px; display:flex; flex-flow:row nowrap; align-content:center; align-items:center;][border=0; margin:auto; width:50%;]
[border=0; min-height:60px; height:auto; background:#175B64; overflow:hidden; font-size:16px; color:#F4ED05;]abcdefgG [comment]

[/comment][border=0; padding:0 0 0 5px; border-left:3.5px solid #43B6AC; float:right; height:60px; width:6%; display:flex; flex-flow:column nowrap;][border=5px solid #43B6AC; margin:auto; border-radius:50%; height:18px; width:18px; padding:0;][/border][border=0; margin:auto; height:22px; width:25px; background:#F4ED05; color:#175B64; padding:0; text-align:center; font-weight:bold; font-size:15px; letter-spacing:1px;]•••[/border][/border][/border]
[border=0; height:0px; width:30%; float:right; margin-top:-10px; border-top: 45px solid #175B64; border-left: 50px solid transparent; padding:0 0 0 10px;][border=0px; padding:0px; display:flex; flex-flow:row nowrap; justify-content:flex-start; align-items:flex-start; align-content:flex-start; width:100%; margin-top: -35px]

[border=0; height:22px; width:25px; background:#F4ED05; color:#175B64; padding:0; text-align:center; font-weight:bold; font-size:15px; letter-spacing:1px;]•••[/border][border=0; height:22px; width:25px; background:#F4ED05; color:#175B64; padding:0; text-align:center; font-weight:bold; font-size:15px; letter-spacing:1px;]•••[/border][border=0; height:22px; width:25px; background:#F4ED05; color:#175B64; padding:0; text-align:center; font-weight:bold; font-size:15px; letter-spacing:1px;]•••[/border][/border][/border][/border][/border]

since i noticed you used flexboxes, throwing in another solution as well that's slightly more extra but will give the same result!!! in simple terms: splitting your trapezoid into a right-angled triangle and a rectangle, putting the mock-trapezoid into a flex container & having all of your content sit in the rectangle, which is what i believe you were hoping to achieve as well! (* ^ ω ^)

Code:

[border=0; /*the new container! had to eyeball & adjust the width based on your original size, since the borders in your original code added extra width*/ height:auto; width:40%; padding:0; display:flex; flex-flow:row nowrap; margin-top:-10px; float:right;][border=0; /*the triangle of the trapezoid*/ height:0; border-top:45px solid #175B64; border-left:50px solid transparent; padding:0; flex-shrink:0;][/border][border=0; /*the rectangle of the trapezoid aka where your content goes*/ height:45px; flex:1; padding:0 0 0 10px; background: #175B64; display:flex; flex-flow:row nowrap; justify-content:flex-start; align-items:center; position:relative;][border=0; height:22px; width:25px; background:#F4ED05; color:#175B64; padding:0; text-align:center; font-weight:bold; font-size:15px; letter-spacing:1px;]•••[/border][border=0; height:22px; width:25px; background:#F4ED05; color:#175B64; padding:0; text-align:center; font-weight:bold; font-size:15px; letter-spacing:1px;]•••[/border][border=0; height:22px; width:25px; background:#F4ED05; color:#175B64; padding:0; text-align:center; font-weight:bold; font-size:15px; letter-spacing:1px;]•••[/border][/border][/border][/border][/border]

abcdefgG
•••

•••
•••
•••

Uxie Uxie weldherwings weldherwings Thank you both so much!! I imagined there was something I could do with another border tag, but just couldn't figure out what, and I suppose I was just too tired to simply make the shape a different way-- anyway these solutions will work perfectly!! Thank you again :>!! ✨

Users who are viewing this thread

Back