• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Punk Aesthetic Cyberpunk Anime RP

SomebodyElse

Caught in a storm
Kusanagi City
c805128d657fa63ce7316abbfe934e88.jpg
In 2021, the invention of virtual reality quickly exploded into popularity, from VR video games, communities and even the rise of AI and virtual celebrity identities.
Now your identity is tied to your presence within the VR world. AI and Robots have also been introduced to the world for the last decade, retaining the same rights as normal humans.

Virtual Concerts, performances and VRMMOs have risen immensely. Everything is tied to the Dusknet, the virtual network tying together everything.
One simply needs to buy a Vibro-GEAR_S. A headset allowing one to enter the virtual world.
f3a432e66a4972e325cdcac3afc723f9.jpg
Welcome to Kusagi City. A Futuristic City covered in abundant amounts of grey buildings, ruins, and dark smog.
The futuristic nature of the city means the existence of fantastic technology such as virtual reality, hardlight technology, holographic cellphones and more.

Kyomei Academy
A normal highschool in Japan.
3255112c4b6ae9a02b12971cb6aec166.png
Students have begun disappearing.
A popular myth within the school is about a who steals children. At the same a string of murders around Japan have been taking place.
Students begin to start rumors that a student once died in the 1980s that is the cause of the missing students. They speak of the dead student who wears Neko masks seeking revenge on the school for their death.

Psychic

About 1% of the world's population possesses psychic abilities. The existence of these Psychic Abilities is largely kept secret.
The existence of these abilities arrived around the same time as the Umbrals appeared. Supernatural Monsters that only those who possess Psychic Abilities can see.
Many different Agencies, corporations and other groups have been formed to deal with supernatural events and cases.

FACTIONS
(Playable)

Cat's Eye and Kyomei Academy Students: Play as a normal teacher, staff member, student of Kyomei Academy who will get involved in the crimes involved in the RP, indirectly or directly. Or play directly as one of the students forming the Cat's Eye organization made up of those who possess Psychic Abilities

CyberEnd: Play as a member of the criminal organization CyberEnd who are based under the research of Halycon Labratories.

Kusanagi Police Force
The main Police Force of Kusanagi City. They are quickly racing against the clock to stop the actions of CyberEnd, a criminal organization threatening to cause terror across japan.
Police work, investigations and usage of technology are necessary to solve the case of CyberEnd.

Okay so I want this RP to be a fully simulated open world cyberpunk RP.

You can choose what faction your characters will be from. You could be a regular student or teacher, a police member or a criminal. Your own character's day to day-life is free to you. You can explore all of Kusanagi City or Enter the Dusknet and play games, conduct businesses or pursue careers. I'll discuss the RP in more detail and will allow questions about the RP in

The main plot of the RP will focus on a shadowy criminal organization and uncovering clues about plots to cause terror across Japan. This will be a full on life simulator and there will be a punk/gothic cyberpunk anime aesthetic.

Last edited:
Reminds me of otherland, which is a kind of obsure literary reference, but it looks very interesting!

Last edited:
I would absolutely love to join this!

Do you guys have a discord OOC?

Would you mind if I played a group of 4 characters, a foreign girl band from Europe who recently moved to Kusanagi?

I like this idea, I'll also cautiously declare interest. If you have a CS or CAS lemme know.
CAS?

I would absolutely love to join this!

Do you guys have a discord OOC?

Would you mind if I played a group of 4 characters, a foreign girl band from Europe who recently moved to Kusanagi?
We probably get a discord up let me see how much interest we got. Foreign characters are fine. I was actually planning on having one of my characters be an up and coming dusknet idol.

Reminds me of otherland, which is a kind of obsure literary reference, but it looks very interesting!
Does that mean your interested?

Last edited:
INTERESTED OH MY GOSH SCI FI

Users who are viewing this thread

Back