• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Puberty, Powers and Survival {Characters}

Other
Here

DarkiusHeavenstein

Creator of my own little Universe
Setting
So survival camp: That is where this roleplay will start with and we will see how much longer we will keep going. Our teenaged characters (16-18 years old) have just finished the first exam period of their Senior year. In order to keep them distracted and give them a fun little break, the whole year will go on a survival week. It is meant to been fun, make sure they won't stress too much over their grades or keep on annoying teacher by asking if they finished marking the tests yet. And perhaps it is also a bit meant to stop the PE teachers from complaining that all the focus on in the intellectual subjects and not on the physical subjects. Anyway, the kids will be send on monday morning and with a bit of luck they will return by Sunday afternoon. No, really, there won't be any harm done to the kids. It is just meant to be a fun week of teambuilding and being in the nature and some secret partying, perhaps. Each team has ten students. The groups of students are made at random by the teachers and cannot be changed! If your group sucks, well, too bad life is unfair.

Okay, bit more information on the powers. As mentioned, powers are a very common thing in the world. Everyone has them, but most adults hardly ever use them. Some jobs however do prefer a certain type of power, or at least require you to keep up with your power, like the police, army and firefighters. Also in hospitals people with healing powers or other medical useful powers are highly encouraged to keep developping. However this does not mean that your power will determine your faith. Having a certain power is not allowed to be a requirement for a job, and discriminating based on someones powers is not allowed. So, how do you get your power? Everyone gets their power during their puberty. And like anything else happening in your puberty when this exactly happens can change from person to person. There are some cases of people starting to show them at the age of 12, but there have also been cases where the first sign of a power didn't show up until 18 years old.

The powers are basically limitless, however that doesn't mean you have full potential immediately. You need to learn and understand your power as well as how to activate it and how to use it. Each power may work differently, some are motion activated, some are voice activated, others follow your thoughts, your imagination or your emotions. It depends on how you are and what power you have. And even someone with the same power can have a completely different way of working with it. Basically through your teenage years and first half of the twenties you will have a lot of accidents and have to learn how to work your powers. By the end of your twenties you should be able to do the basics, and that is when most adults stop with developping their powers and start concentrateing on life and different things. However there are also people devoted to their powers and they have learned much more advanced stuff, sometimes even things that others would think are impossible. It all depends on you how much and how you develop your powers. So are your powers predetermined? Until the '60's people liked to think that powers were hereditary, but (recent) studies have made it very clear there is no link between powers and ones genetic coding. So, while most families member do tend to have the same type of powers and way to work with them, it is completely possible to have something different than your parents. Or even your siblings. So no, having water powers in a fire family doesn't mean you are adopted, or that your mother cheated!
Rules
  1. All rpn-rules apply to this roleplay.
  2. Be respectful and open-minded towards everyone and all characters.
  3. All characters are welcome! The only restriction is that they are between 16 and 18 years old and in their Senior year.
  4. There will be a maximum of 10 characters for this roleplay.
  5. We would like characters to be diverse, therefore there is a max of two people with the same power.
  6. It is up to yourself however you fill out the Character Sheet as long as all information is there. You can do it third person or in character.
  7. Though you are allowed to add whatever stuff you deem necessary, we would like to the point answers. No walls of text and whole background stories.
  8. If something is unclear, or you have a problem, you can contact me, or my lovely coGM iShyShy iShyShy We are available on this thread, through PM and through discord.
Questions and Links
Interest Check: can be found here.
OOC: Send me a PM for the invite
In Character: Hopefully that will come!

The Deadline for sending in and completing characters is Monday 15 June 12:00 GMT+2

Any Questions will be written down here, with their answer.

General

Name

Sex

Sexuality

School

What kind of student are you?

What clique would you say you belong to if you wear in a typical clichy american High School movie?

What do you plan on doing after your senior year?

Do you have any part time jobs?

Looks

How would you describe yourself? (Height, weight, eyes, hair, piercings, tattoos, scars etc)

What kind of clothes do you usually wear? (General attire/style)

What celebrity are you often compared to or confused with? (Face Claim)

Personality

What would you call your best attributes? (max five)

What would you call your worse attributes? (max five)

What are three things that can make your day?

What are three things that can ruin your day?

What do you value most?

What will make you instantly lose respect for a person?

Do you have any petpeeves?

Free Time
Do you have any hobbies?

Any sports you practice? And how good are you?

Name ten things you like?

Name ten things you dislike?

Power

Name

Possibilities with the powers

Weaknesses of the power

How long did you have your power?

How does your power usually show itself?

Relationships

What kind of upbringing have you had?

Any family ties?

Any other noteworthy people in your life?

How far have you gone sexually?

Last edited:

Isaiah Vanderbuys
Sensory Manipulation

• Name
    Isaiah Vanderbuys
    "Don't even think about calling my Izzy!"

"Two minutes older than my babysister!"

Sex
    Male

Sexuality
    Questioning

Last edited:
280full.jpg
Natalie Vanderbuys
Emotional Transformation
General
Name
“I'm Natalie Vanderbuys. You probably know my twin brother but I can assure you that we're both memorable.”

"Please don't ask who was born first."

Sex
Female

Sexuality
Demisexual
School
“I would say I'm studious. I try to do well but I will not go overboard. My sanity is just as important as my education.”

What clique would you say you belong to if you wear in a typical clichy american High School movie?
Groan “If I had to put a label on myself like that I guess it would be the hipster or drifter cliques.”

“College obviously. I need to further my education to help make a difference in the world. I just need to decide how I want to do that.”

“'Technically'.." She makes air quotations. "No. But I assist my brother with his shenanigans when he needs me to and I think I should be paid to do that.”
Looks
How would you describe yourself?
“What is this, a dating app? You're asking a lot about me, stranger.” She pauses for a moment. “Anyway. I'm 5'9 or 5'10. It's rude to ask someone their weight but I'll have you know I am 126 lbs and fit since I work out regularly. My eyes and hair, as you can see, are electric blue and straight dyed light blonde. I tend to dye my hair color with the seasons. My ears are pierced and I have a matching crown tattoo with my twin.”

What kind of clothes do you usually wear?
“I would consider my fashion sense eclectic. It varies depending on my morning mood but I guess generally I tend to gravitate toward things that flow and aren't too snug. I like nice flowing dresses and loose over sized shirts. Once I decide on my top I accessorize and decide from there. Jeans, shorts, stockings, hats, shoes, sandals, whatever. And some jewelry of course.”

What celebrity are you often compared to or confused with?
“It's perfect because I love her and her work. Pyper America Smith”
Personality
What would you call your best attributes?
“I don't like to brag but from what I've been told I'm a good listener, intelligent, and fun. I just need to get comfortable with you so you can confirm that yourself.”

What would you call your worse attributes?
“My brother says I have RBF which I don't see but I detest that it might be true. I'm reserved and I know it so people think I'm self absorbed or narcissistic when that's definitely not the case. I would also say that my hesitation to trust and open up is an issue but you're not my psychologist and I don't want to go into that further. Thanks.”

“Hell yes. Fresh baked cookies, almost any kind really. I also love some nice cloud watching in the bright sun in silence. The last is cheesy and you better not tell him but I enjoy spending time with my brother, as annoying as he can be.”

“Someone invading my personal bubble. Spills of any kind. Having to cover for someone else's faults or problems.”

What do you value most?
“My relationships. Family and friends. If I let you in then you're very important.”

“Close mindedness. If you can't have a civilized conversation to discuss or debate something then you aren't worth my time.”

“Ohhh yes I do. When people do not use their blinker when they want to turn or change lanes. Driving is dangerous and I don't care how comfortable you are with it, it's to help everyone else on the road too. I also cannot stand it when people talk with their mouth full. Disgusting. Please stop.”
Free Time
Do you have any hobbies?
“I like to dabble in things. I guess you could say drawing is my hobby but my artistic talent is nothing to praise. I peruse the internet like any other regular teen and do what I feel like doing.”

“I used to do dance when I was younger. Now I just dance in my room or with people if we're having a good time. I definitely like showing off a bit. Other than that I work out regularly. Sometimes with my brother and sometimes on my own. I prefer the elliptical and light weights and he goes way too hard for me.”

“That's quite a task to be presented with no preparation. I enjoy cinnamon buns, puppies and anything cute, butterflies, my happy music, parks, the beach but without too much wind, so then the ocean of course. Oh! My AI assistant. Me and her are practically best friends and talk every day. Mythology. Mythology is so interesting and fun to learn about. Then... Last but not least, uniforms. I don't need to explain that one.” Happy music would be EDM, pump up, pop music and electroswing.

“I should have guessed. I am not a fan of most bugs, poor hygiene, energy drinks.... uhm... Give me a moment...gore and horror. Those are separately avoided. I can handle them but I'd prefer not. Politics but let's not get into that. Pimples. They're evil. Jello. Whatever that is it's fake and useless. The game truth or dare is the worst invention of a game. That's closely followed by 'Life Hacks'.”
Power
Name
Emotional Transformation: Natalie will undergo physical transformations depending on her mood and emotional status. The transformations will normally directly correlate to her intentions and feelings toward a situation, making her transformations useful for whatever her plan may be.

Once she learns how to control her power she will be able to transform parts of her body at will so she can complete any task she is seeking out to do with the assistance of her power. She will be able to fine tune her emotional control to be able to pinpoint what she needs with full range of thought without being hindered by the emotional thinking block.

Weaknesses of the power
The power only effects herself. Since her power is influenced by her emotions she has little control over the transformations and the thought process she ultimately goes through if she is forced to feel a certain way intentional or unintentionally. Her thinking is not critically effected but it will be influenced by how she feels. I addition, the cascade of going from one emotion to the next quickly will also leave her incredibly tired and lethargic until she can relax and regain energy.

How long have you had your power?
She has only had her power for around three months. She has minimal understanding or control over the power and sees it more as a burden than anything else. She barely understands that her transformations come from her feelings and tries her best to stay neutral at all times.

Physically. Depending on the transformation it will be glaringly obvious or it can be hidden. It can be beautiful or hideous. Since she has only recently gotten her powers most transformations are very noticeable. She has trouble returning to normal because she dislikes transforming and when it occurs she tends to lose grasp over herself.
Relationships
They grew up in a comfortable upper middle class family. Their parents were open minded and understanding about more than Natalie could ever fathom and she has done her best to grow to be like them. When Natalie and her brother turned 13 their parents finally told them that they were actually divorced for years and only stayed together for their sake. Thankfully things worked out well but they realized quickly that they did not want to live their lives together. The only reason they told the twins at 13 instead of later on in life is because their father was getting serious with his new girlfriend and had intentions of moving in with her. Currently they live with their mother until holidays, where they visit their father and his girlfriend. Aside from that they spend time with him on the weekends or whenever group plans are made. Even so, their parents were able to support them extravagantly and the twins grew up accustomed to being able to get the newest technology and gifts whenever they showed interest.

Any family ties?
Mother: Tari Helena Wilson. The most kind and affectionate woman Natalie has ever known. Even though her strict rules while growing up were annoying as a child, Natalie grew to understand and appreciate them. It helped that her power of gravity manipulation made controlling two unruly children easy.
Father: Jonathan Vanderbuys. As it seems for most parents, he actually has super hearing. He was always a patient man who was also gentle but was a man of few words. He could listen to you and give you the perfect answer with the fewest words.

Father's Girlfriend: Samantha Evans. Her power is sand manipulation. She isn't coarse like the sand she controls but in fact a soft person. Natalie has no feelings for or against her.

Her Barely Elder Twin Brother DarkiusHeavenstein DarkiusHeavenstein : Isaiah Vanderbuys. Super senses. Totally ironic because he isn't sensible. Still, he is wonderful and she loves him, and every annoying aspect about him, though she wont admit it. Their bond is incredibly strong even though he knows how to push her buttons the best. She would do absolutely anything for her brother to make sure that he is safe and that he is always happily smiling.

Ex-boyfriend: Shawn Henderson. They were in a serious two year relationship from the age of 14 to 16. They grew up as great childhood friends and she could swear that he probably asked her to be his girlfriend on a dare but they made it work. She enjoyed having someone she could turn to when she needed comfort and affection but there was something pulling at her mind that always held her back. They had only ever kissed twice and nothing more than that. They cuddled and held hands plenty but that was not enough for him. She couldn't blame him but she was just not ready and broke it off. They are still friends but don't have deep conversations like they used to.

She has only kissed her ex-boyfriend twice. She's not a prude but she needs to feel a serious connection to consider going further. To Natalie, letting people into her life is special and she considers sex to be one of, if not the last level of full trust and comfort. She does not mind waiting to find the right person for that special time in her life.

Stealing Dark's code because it's amazing like her and I love her. <3 (She also said I could.)

Last edited:

keanu-01.png

Untitled-1.jpg

• Name:
    Keanu Easton

Sex:
    Male

Sexuality:
    Bisexual

Last edited:

CASPIN LEVY.

hemokinesis; the ability to manipulate human blood.

• Name?
    Caspin Levy

Nicknames?
    Cas, Cassie (using this one would be risky), Pin, Pin-cushion

Age?
    Seventeen

Sex?
    Male

Gender?
    Masculine

Sexuality?
    Caspin doesn't have the time or energy to even think about romance. But if you must know, he's likely bisexual.

coded by natasha.

Last edited:
Charlie Adams
Healing

• Name
    Penelope Charlotte Adams
    They call themselves Charlie, but haven't officially changed their birth name

Sex
    Female

Sexuality
    Asexual

Basics1591708438650.png

Name
Cassandra Cobbs
Usually goes by Cassie, her parents have called her Pea for the longest time. Call her 'Sandra' or 'Sandy' at your own risk.

Sex
Female, Male when she feels like it.

Depends on the time of day, it's usually She/her though.

Sexuality
Bisexual

School

She's the type to turn in her homework late, beg the teacher for extra credit, get the nerd to do it for her, and then continue to blow off future work. Tests were something that just "came" to her, and by that she meant that she studied all through the night before and stayed up during that time like a responsible human being, long enough for her to get passable marks and to pass out for the rest of the school day. It's actually incredibly easy to fall asleep in class when you don't need to have real, functioning eyes.

Instead of focusing on school work, she spends her time on her "after school activities", all of them being entirely recreational or work-related. Cassie prioritizes her time with friends over anything, spending plenty of time in malls or at their houses doing various things, chief among those is "jamming". She's the lead guitarist and vocals for her band, The Unicorns Tribute Band, with her best friend Yvonne on percussion and brother Achilles on bass. It's one of her favorite things, since her abilities are entirely physical, her voice is and will always be her own.

What clique would you say you belong to if you wear in a typical cliquey American High School movie?
She'd definitely fit in the "rich kid" category due to her parents being an A-list actor and a one of a kind SFX artist, and she definitely indulges in that, but that's not the people she always chooses to hang out with. To her, they're too fake and concerned with rumors and gossip to be interesting to talk to.

She actually chooses to hang out with her close group of three or so friends she's kept for years and years. Sure, she's the rich kid of the group who drives the car, but they all have the same interests at the end of the day: each other. And music, and some nerdy shit, but nobody needs to know about that.

Pursuing the acting career her dad is handing her on a plate. It's part of her passion and she can't really say no to something like that. Half of the annoying part about acting (looking the part at all times) is just something she can do on command, the other half (acting the part) is something she enjoys for the most part. Her philosophy is that at the end of the day, you don't need an A in trigonometry to be a successful actor when you can be anybody or anything you want.

She's got a modeling career for obvious reasons. The photoshop work is heavily lessened when you can apply the effects in real life, unrealistic proportions and all. It's not something she doesn't like, but she wouldn't want to do it forever. She's honestly just happy she gets to eat garbage and still be thin when it counts.

"Looks"

How would you describe yourself? (Height, weight, eyes, hair, piercings, tattoos, scars etc)
Cassie would describe herself as a mostly patient person who cares about her friends more than anything, because her appearance shifts too often to have a concrete description of.

However, if you were to ask her, "How would you describe your favorite appearance right now?" that's an entirely different story. First order of business, she's albino by choice. Like, snow white skin, hair, fingernails, even eyes. Everything about her is completely white, except for her clothing. She's got paper white hair that stretches down to her back, and she stands at... 5'2? Usually? That's about the most concrete she can get. Tattoos, scars, weight, and the like are all on-the-spot transformations that can appear whenever she wants, asides from a piercing, which she doesn't really want, asides from the one she got on her tongue. Even then, it wasn't even a real piercing. She simply split her tongue, and had it reform around the piercing. Lots of practice for that.

What kind of clothes do you usually wear? (General attire/style)
Ever heard of "pastel goth"? Mostly black on white clothing with soft colors, with a sort of self-aware grunge aesthetic. Surprisingly, Cassie is colorblind, and finds this style to be easy on the eyes. In addition, her purposefully inhumanly pale, near alien, skin really helps with the aesthetic she's going for. Lots of baggy clothing and hoodies too big for her with little morbid graphics on them. Surprisingly, she doesn't like to show too much skin.

What celebrity are you often compared to or confused with? (Face Claim)
Ever since seeing miss Nastya Zhidkova, she decided that albino people are incredibly aesthetic, and decided that her skin should also follow suit. Her friends think it's a bit strange but could honestly care less.

Personality

What would you call your best attributes? (max five)
"They say honesty is the best quality, and honestly I'm kinda the best, but I'll cut it down to three if you really want.

So we'll keep going with that actually. First off, I'm honest, honest as hell. If your shirt's got a stain on it and people are being too 'polite' to tell you, I'll tell you straight to your face. 'Bro, your outfit's ugly as fuck. Go change it, I don't want to be seen outside with you lookin' like that. Just ask if you want to borrow a sweater first.' Is it cute? Is it nice? No, I don't really care either. I'll tell you how it is, because who the fuck else is? "

"Second, I don't really give a shit about what most people think about me." Cassie never had a concern for what others ever thought of her, and wears that overwhelming self confidence on her sleeve. If she has a problem with somebody, she'll address them personally and unload her entire and full honest opinion unto them. This goes both ways, actually. If she receives the same treatment, she could really care less, and refute with equal and sarcastic energy.

"Surprisingly? Unsurprisingly? I've got a crapton of patience for my friends." Never, has she ever not had an ear to give or a shoulder to lean on. Yes, if one were to come to her for those amenities, she would spit back all their problems in their face in the most blunt and obvious manner. However, she'd give her own hotfix or advice on what she'd do if she had that problem, and the steps she'd take given her friend's circumstance. She's always one to give constructive critism, and finds that it's the fastest (if not most brutal) way to become better at whatever you want.

"So like, I don't know what you're trying to get at. Worst attributes? Really? God, didn't know I had to admit to this shit."

"Yeah, so I get that honesty's a double edged sword sometimes, but I really could give less of a shit." Cassie is honest to a fault, and knows it, and doesn't care. She doesn't really know how to be 'nice' to people in the more conventional sense. She understands other people's emotions deeply, but more than often disregards them on such an extent that it's irrelevant as to how other people feel when she does something. They simply have to take what she dishes out, and whether or not she truly cares about their retort is a matter of separate discussion.

"You might get the wrong idea, but I really don't have the fucking patience for people sometimes." Though she does have a well of patience for her friends, for other people she doesn't really know, she doesn't really care. There's such a utter, purposeful callousness to her when she deals with anybody outside of her circle of friends, that the notion of "No, no, really she's really a nice person once you get to know her!" is usually lost upon others when they first meet her.

"I've heard it, 'Cassie, don't you care?' The answer is no, I really don't, and don't tell me I should. You're not my mom." Often times, if it doesn't immediately concern or entertain her, she lets it slip off to the wayside. People? Parties? If it's a week away, she might not make it because she's got something more pressing happening right then and there, and honestly planning's for nerds anyways. Schoolwork? She can probably pay somebody to finish it for her. She comes off as forgetful or disinterested in most things, and that would be a correct judgement.

"Bro. Getting food. You want to be my friend? Let's go to fuckin' taco bell and get some fuckin' tacos. Then I guess you're okay in my book." She's a simple person. Food makes her happy. You want to make her happy? Go get her some food. Easy as that.

Listening to her type of music makes her day. Whether it's while she's walking around in the mall and Weezer happens to be playing at Hot Topic or she's hanging out with Yvonne after a long day and her bestie puts on their playlist. You know she's having a good day when she's singing along.

Learning new things. Yeah, sounds odd to the standoffish, no-patience Cassandra. She appreciates when people take the time to try and teach her hard headed ass something new for the sake of whatever the hell the reason is they're trying to teach her this thing. A sport? Sure. A history lesson? Fuck it, let's hear it. A game? Sure, never tried that one out before. She'll try it, and appreciates the effort to try and make whatever she's learning entertaining.

Something popping up last minute, whether it be important or responsibility, is something she hates. Though she disregards most things that happen far off, she does actually like knowing when they come up, because she keeps a mental track of these things. When something sidelines her out of nowhere, she is much less excited about doing that thing than she would've been otherwise.

Pop music. Pop music is the absolute fucking worst. The manufactured feel of the songs, how they all sound the same, and the dime a dozen assholes who choose to listen to that shit on a regular basis! Pop music makes her want to throw up, and the parties and people that play it are two things she hates just as well.

Asking her to turn into your favorite character, person, or whatever irritates her to no end. No, she's not going to turn into your fucking waifu so you can jack off to her later on. Ew. No, she's not gonna become some shitty celebrity or your best friend so you can blackmail or whatever the hell you do with pictures of other people you know. She's not your personal doll, go learn blender or some other animation software if you want that sorta stuff. She's been asked this far too much to even take practicing her ability seriously outside of whim.

What do you value most?
"My friends, duh. They're my life dude. I don't know what I'd be like without them. Actually, scratch that, I'd be a rich douchebag asshole who only thinks of themselves without them. Thanks to my friends, I'm a rich douchebag asshole who only thinks of themselves.

"Dude, if you do some stupid shit, and I don't care why, but truly and utterly garbage, no-brain B.S., and you try to defend yourself knowing full well you did that stupid shit on purpose, I don't have respect for you. Own up to your own mistakes, or get the fuck out."

Do you have any pet peeves?
"Yeah, doing stupid asinine shit like answering fucking questions all day."

Free Time

Do you have any hobbies?
"Like, guitar I guess. The stereotype of going to parties with a guitar and getting chicks? It's true, even when I doesn't show up as a guy. I dunno man, I'm not that interesting."
But that would be a lie. She loves to scare the living daylights out of people, because it's funny. It's one of two for her.

Cassie, though she may appear to be more muscular at times, and appears to be lean and mean, is not. She is terrible at sports, and admits to it. She just never had much of an interest in them.

Her brother.
Her friends, she's got a lot of stock on them.
Guitar and singing. Again, something she does with her friends, lots of stock on that as well.
Pranks, jokes, cheap scares. Easy to do when you can shift your form around with a thought.
Style. Doesn't matter what type of style, if it's there and well coordinated, she can appreciate it.
Alone time, usually spent practicing guitar.
Or videogames, for that matter.
Food is always appreciated.
Travel is always fun as well, whenever her parents decide to go on vacation with the twins.
Winning arguments is something she enjoys, but it's almost always one sided as to who "wins" arguments with her.

Wasting time, or doing something she thinks counts as wasting time.
Fighting with her friends is something she does not enjoy. Hell, actually fighting is not something she enjoys. Confrontation is her specialty, but she prefers to end it after she gets her point across.
People, usually.
Pop music. It's manufactured and disgusting.
Cold food. Specifically pizza.
People trying to be her friend. It's fucking weird, she doesn't like people in the first place anyways.
Usage of specifically elemental powers around her. She's a jealous type.
Being asked to turn into a specific character/person.
Any criticism towards TUTB.
Being asked to wait.

Power

Name
Appearance and elemental modification

Appearance modification: Cassie has complete and utter control over her physical form, with the ability to gain or lose weight on a whim, adjust her height, skin tone, eye color, hair length, and other normal human features. However, she also has the ability to grow or lose extra pieces of her body as well. Dragon scales or bird feathers are not uncommon for her if they fit whatever look she's going for at the time, and extra digits, limbs, eyes, and other sensory organs are not uncommon either. Cassie has been known to grow cat ears, a fully functional tail, smooth over her own facial features (mouth, nose, eyes) and grow gills in their place.

Elemental conjuration: In addition to altering her appearance, Cassandra has the innate ability to summon elements (mostly organic materials) from within. Elements include but are not limited to: fire, water, minerals, dirt, wood, gusts of wind, plastic on incredibly rare occasion, blood and more. Usually, these manifest themselves by some sort of 'thematic' output, such as breathing fire, spouting water, or throwing up dirt. These elements have no predetermined source, but do take a toll on Cassie in their own way.

Weaknesses of the power
Cassie, despite being comfortable with shapeshifting, does not know how to do anything more than what was mentioned above. Extra limbs are more for show than anything, as they appear limp and lifeless, evidence that Cassie doesn't know how to control them yet. Extra eyes, fingers, and other extraneous human features are always non-functional as well, as she cannot see through the extra eyes or use her extra fingers. The most she can do with an extra limb is a tail, which while fully functional, is the fullest extent of creating extra limbs. She also cannot alter her form beyond anything humanoid, unlike her father, who is able to turn himself into larger than life monsters and even inanimate objects. In addition, when she does change her physical form, she does not gain whatever projected benefits of whatever she turns into. Hard carapace? Soft as skin. Incredible physique? Still just as strong as she was before. Gills? Those don't actually work, she can't breathe underwater even if she wanted to.

Also, her usage of elements are quite limited. First of all, she only really figured out to summon elements through her mouth. She hasn't really figured out how to summon it through her hands or with her mind like her brother, it all comes out her mouth. In addition, summoning things through her mouth is very unpleasant. Coughing up dirt is fun once or twice, but having to brush your teeth afterwards and accidentally swallowing some is not. Spitting literal fire is always a fun effect, but having to go to the hospital for internal 1st and 2nd degree burns is not fun. The only thing she's only ever done with some regularity is blowing huge gusts of wind or spewing water, which again, takes something out of her to do. As far as she knows, she can do these things for as long as she wants, as long as she holds her breath while doing so. Subsequently, she got pretty good at holding her breath. Her brother takes advantage of this by redirecting the elements she tries to conjure back down her throat. She learned very quickly after trying to mess up his white shirt that eating dirt is not fun, and also very filling.

A year and a half at most. After a few growth spurts and sudden shrinkages, her father took her on a business trip to try and teach her the "feel" to her powers, which she latched onto pretty quickly. After that, she went back to school totally changed in appearance, mostly for fun, somewhat to see everyone's reactions.

Appearance, always. Her power is entirely concerned with her appearance, and it shows with her entirely albino skin. Of course, most of the rest of her features are recognizable if you met her before her power awakened, but they seem to be a little more "perfect" than before. Perfectly symmetrical eyes, a nose bridge that seems to be just the way an artist would draw one, a perfectly rounded chin, etc. It's only unsettling when she does it on purpose, but usually she tries not to accentuate her features so much. In addition, the inside of her mouth is surprisingly blackened with a good number of stitches all over the insides of her cheeks and jaw from the few times she tried to breathe fire. Due to her hurting herself in this way, she doesn't have a gag reflex, but sometimes has trouble swallowing things. If water isn't available, she will pause eating to try and let whatever she's supposed choking on slide down her throat. She usually lets people know if she can't breathe though.

Relationships

Cassie has had a very affluent upbringing. Two loving parents who were never around, and a twin brother with a similarly rooted name in myth, Achilles. The same myth, actually, the Illiad. It was one of the books they were read every night when they were put to bed, which almost always put children to bed, as ancient greek literature was incredibly boring and wordy in the minds of children. She's always had what she wanted, but she's always had to work for it under the conditions that were set for her, the strictness being less levied over time.

She was always a callous and ultimately self-centered person, ever since she was small, and that hasn't changed since the beginning. There was never really any drama within the family, asides from the lack of parents consistently around. At the age of 16, she and her brother no longer had nannies, and were left alone in the house mostly by themselves.

Any family ties?
Her brother, Achilles, she is very close with. He has a sort of similar powerset to her own, manipulation of elements that already exist, and the ability to slightly modify his appearance, a sort of opposite focus to her own.
Her mother and father are work together in the movie industry as an SFX artist and actor respectively, and always are on business trips and the like. Cassie figured that she and her brother were after thoughts to the two adults, and was glad that this thought hadn't really reached anybody else yet. She didn't want to think of it any more than she had to.

Close friends, really. Yvonne is her childhood friend who she never really let go of, and her percussion for TUTB. While Cassie was always the talker, and Evie was the doer. Where Cassie wasn't afraid to speak her mind, Evie wasn't afraid to put those words into action. She's part of the girl's varsity basketball team, and was a tall, mean girl. Didn't take shit, but never started any. Always has Cassie's back when she needed somewhere to run, but always made sure to correct her when she did something wrong. Never said much, and honestly, Cassie wouldn't have her any other way. As far as she knows, Yvonne never developed any powers, but she never really needed one.

By herself? She's tried a lot of things. Being a shapeshifter gives you a lot more options than anybody else could ever have. With other people? She's never held an actual relationship before, and avoids going to parties in her neighborhood like the plague. She'd rather die a virgin than let some loser inside her.

Attachments

• nastya.png
    nastya.png
    583.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

June Yancey
─── ❝ Every next level of your life will demand a different you ❞ ───

5c4ec93c1f20287b083853fa1cd643bb.jpg

bio

Name June Yancey
Age 18
Sex Female
Gender Female; she/her
Sexuality Straight; but some assume she's into women
Height 5'6''
Weight 126 lbs
Eyes Dark Brown
Hair Wavy black hair that reaches mid-back
Piercings/ Tattoos None
Scars Burn scar on the centre of left palm

What kind of clothes do you usually wear?
Anything denim over my legs. I compliment this with hoodies or pull-overs that have inbuilt gloves. I feel self-conscious and uncomfortable otherwise. Oh what about summers? Summers get a little tricky. I have 2 sets of arthritis gloves that I wear or sometimes this neat set of gloves I found at the department store. They really go with everything! Why gloves? Umm...I'm a germaphobe I guess... The gloves don't cover your fingers... Hey now, don't you think you're being a little too nosy. Next question please.

What celebrity are you often compared to or confused with?
Not a celebrity, but I am often told that I am the spitting image of my mum when she was my age.

school

I'd say I'm always one of the top 3 students in class. It's not that I try too hard; studying just comes to me naturally and I love the thrill shooting hoops gives me. I do tend to procrastinate a lot when it comes to assignments and stress out over little details. My professors see me becoming someone big but worry that I'm not focused on pursuing only a certain area of study. "A student possessing great potential but lacking direction."

What clique would you say you belong to if you wear in a typical cliche American High School movie?
Oh I'm definitely what you would call a 'Drifter'. I don't hang out with one group exclusively but tend to jump groups when I feel like. The thought of commitment is boring (and a little scary). Plus, with my part-time job and helping out ol'gramps I don't have time to spare to build deep relationships.

I haven't really given it much thought. Thinking about the future stresses me out. I say, live in the moment! Whatever comes my way I'll take it. After all what's the point in fantasizing about what I want to do when destiny already has its plans in store.

When I'm not with my grandfather helping out in the garage, you can find me waitressing at the local diner "Beanie".

Get to know me better

What would you call your best attributes?
I guess I'm pretty self reliant. I work better by myself and prefer being by myself when it comes to tackling the important things that are to do with self growth. I do not like depending on other people for this because I believe overcoming a hurdle by myself will make me a stronger person. Afterall, at the end of the day you've only got yourself to depend on. But of course, sometimes I don't mind delegating every once in a while to speed things up.
I'm very bold when I want to be. I don't hesitate calling someone out or asking for favors.
Also I'd say due to certain circumstances, I have learned to be a very patient person. I can be unusually tolerant of things that bug me.
I'm also a very trustworthy person. If I consider you a close friend, you can rely on me blindly to help you out of a fix or keep a secret. I'm also there for you if you need to vent but I'm probably not the best person to turn to for comfort or advice.

I think one of worst things about myself is I lack drive and willpower. I may get excited about something and plan things from minute detail to detail but when it actually comes down to going through with it, I back out or I give up halfway. I start losing interest and look for something new to play around with. Another thing is that I've got trust issues. The irony. I find it hard to trust people, even those I consider close. I limit how much I share about myself. The bits I do share, I make it seem like it's something I would only exclusively tell them. It makes the other person feel special plus helps the relationship grow, because a relationship with one-sided confiding never works, does it? Sometimes bottling up my feelings does take a toll on me. My trust issues have made me a very anxious person. I may act callous but deep down every little thing you say eats me on the inside.

1. After a long day, getting some snuggle time with RiceBall, my doggy.
2. Grampa's desserts or any sweet delicacies for that matter. Nobody can make a mean Tiramisu like him.
3. Surprises; like a planned date or a spontaneous trip.

1. When more than one deadline piles up on the same day.
2. When I have to deal with a 'Karen'.
3. No source of coffee.

What do you value most?
My grandfather. He's been with me through a lot of troubling times. I am forever grateful that he stepped up to take me in when my parents decided they didn't want me anymore. But that's a story for another time.

1. If you laugh at people who are struggling to better themselves
2. Treating someone who can't do anything for you like crap

1. Trash-talkers.
2. People who smoke in your face. You can smoke, I don't have a problem. Just not in my face.

Do you have any hobbies?
I like sketching sometimes. I don't actually have the time to pursue hobbies.

I'm a part of the high school basketball team. But because it started becoming too much work with staying back for practice, I requested to become a substitute instead. I'd say I'm pretty good, but lacking the flow I used to have.

Desserts
RiceBall, my little cutie patootie
Trekking
Sketching
Video Games
Coffee
Lizards
Morning jogs
Rainy days
Stargazing

Swimming; my foot has cramped up more times than I can count
Dancing; my body just can't seem to get the rhythm, I'm very stiff
Babies; I find them scary.
Mind-readers
My parents
Karens
When someone contradicts me
People who are unhygenic
People who don't appreciate their parents
Bland food

Power

Name Thermokinesis

My power is ranged and requires me to have a good understanding of the composition of the material I want to channel my energy through. There are two things I can do, so far, with my power. I can determine changes in temperature, thereby able to discern the number of different objects in an environment. I can also channel energy through a material I have mastered to increase or decrease the temperature of an object it is in contact with, such that a change of state is possible. My power works great with runes I think all powers do. Since I have mastered channeling my energy through pebbles, Master Yvonne is teaching me how to channel energy through a rune of healing to obtain methods of healing. However, I will no longer require runes to heal if I am able to master the composition of flesh and muscle. Runes are a great way to amplify or suppress a source.
The pebbles and runes I use suppress my power in case things go out of hand. I usually wear a rune of nullification as a bracelet so that I don't accidentally give out energy surges. Things could go out of hand super out of hand.
Oh, almost forgot to mention. In case things become a little scary for me, since I still don't have a good grip over controlling the energy I give out, I carry a pouch of blast runes. These runes allow me to shoot a ball of fire at an intended target. They don't do much damage but are great to cause a distraction.
Blast runes are all about precision and timing. They are hard to make because the material filling of the impressions is not easy to obtain. To activate a blast rune, I would through it in the air, make incantation signs with my hands, and then shoot my energy the moment the rune is at eye-level or hand-level. When my energy activates the rune, the rune hovers in line with the palm of my casting hand, and I can direct it to the intended target space. The fireball is released when I cut the channel of energy to the rune. Once a blast rune is used, it disintegrates.

Weaknesses of the power
Weaknesses are subjective to the user of this power. There is a lot possible with Thermokinesis but since I have never had a mentor (It's only been 4 months with Master Yvonne) or took the time to learn new methods of making use of my power, I can only do two things I stated in the previous question. Till now, I am only comfortable using my power with inanimate objects. I can only channel my energy through pebbles. Changing the state of an object is near to impossible when I have my nullification bracelet on. Also, I have to have a direct line of range to the object I am going to manipulate.

It first showed signs when I was 7, and that's where my life took a 180 degree turn. However, it did not fully manifest until I was 14 but even after that, instead of understanding and exploring what I was capable of, I only found ways to suppress my power. I got into runecarving 4 months ago.

1. You can feel the change in temperature of an object.
2. You see the effects of the power when I change state of an object.

relationships

Everything was pretty normal until I turned 7. I was loved and pampered; bed-time stories, new dolls whenever I asked for, kisses and cuddles, weekend trips to the park. Then one day the unthinkable happened. I'd rather not speak about it. Long story short, my parents abandoned me all because I lost control of my powers. They thought I was the spawn of the devil because don't your powers only show once you hit puberty? They were terrified of me. It didn't help that I had heat manipulation. They couldn't understand me. I didn't understand myself either. After that my grandfather took me in. I've had a troubled past, but I haven't let that bring me down I think.

Any family ties?
My grandfather. When I was only a little girl of 7 there was a freak accident that made my parents believe I was a threat. I started getting thrown from one parent back to the other and in the end they couldn't stand my presence anymore. Grampa saved me. Had it not been for him I don't know what would have become of me. He is both a mother and a father to me.

Runemaster Yvonne is a daily at Beanie, the diner I part time at. At first I found her intimidating and weird. She is what you'd call the weird witch lady of the town. But like the saying goes, you can't judge a book by its cover. Mrs. Yvonne is a friend, a mentor, and the kind of aunt I've never had. She's taught me the basics of runecarving and I'm very close to mastering how to create a rune of healing and rune of nullification.

Does holding hands count?

gallery

d9cd9np-cb20f4ff-a7d3-4cc8-9eb4-d40e0053f5da.jpg

76ba60ed7c1f454ebe962f99652bfd18.jpg

61gzil30XzL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

code by @GH0STM0TH

Last edited:
amir leonard
—requisite
name: amir marquis leonard
nickname: none
sexuality: asexual

—visage
hair:
amir has black hair that’s styled in short dreadlocks. he keeps them neat for the most part and has them braided every now and then. amir enjoys putting either gold or silver on gold or silver hair jewelry, usually beads or shells.

eyes: dark brown, almost black.
skin: mahogany
height: 5’11”
weight: 155lbs
distinguishing feat: none
body mods: both his ears are pierced and he had a tattoo on his neck.

wardrobe: amir’s style is simple yet stylish. he enjoys wearing graphic tees and hoodies with jeans or sweatpants. amir is definitely a sneaker head, with his favorite brands being Jordan’s and Nike’s. usually he can also be found wearing chains and earrings as accessories.

face claim: abdulayeniang

—persona
positive traits:
laid-back, adaptable, imaginative, intuitive, driven, humble, patient, humorous
negative traits: indecisive, clumsy, scatterbrained, childish, forgetful, escapist
likes: old school rap, art, weed, dogs, junk food, late night rides, cloud watching, tattoos, crime & comedy movies, video games
dislikes: homework, rain, drama, gossiping, cats, school, arrogant people, mornings, pushy people, rushing

hobbies: drawing/painting (anything art related really), gardening, playing video games, baking from time to time, listening to music, cloud watching
quirks: doodling on just able anything, shooting trash into trash cans, making a beat with pencil, pens, and other writing utensil
pet peeves: people rushing him, fake people, drama for no reason

three things that make his day: school letting out early, getting clients, new weed from the plug

three things that can ruin his day: dirtying his shoes (especially if they’re white) , detention, finding all his snacks gone

what he values most: his family & job

what makes him lose respect for someone?: when they try play him for a fool. If they’re causing unnecessary drama.

—abilities
power:
plant manipulation

capabilities: amir can create, shape and manipulate plants, including wood, vines, plants, moss, and parts of the plants, such as leaves, seeds, roots, fruits and flowers.

botanical communication - amir can communicate with plants through touch and telepathically. Plants can tell him of what has happened or what is happening in an area.he can understand the overall well-being and conditions of plants, as well as fully interpret their emotions.

plant constructs - amir can use his plants to create things like shields or armor and weapons like whips. he can create platforms with his powers as well.

future ability: with more practice amir will be able to change and mutate a plant, causing them to have deadly attributes.

weaknesses: amir’s power is influenced by his environment. for example in a place like a desert he would have limited plants to grow and control. his plants are weak to other elements like fire.

how long has he has his power: since he was 14

how does his power usually show itself: his power doesn’t have any tell tale signs

—school
type of student:
amir is far from a model student, he does just enough to get by and nothing more. usually he can be found goofing off with his group of friends or even skipping all together. amir isn’t really interested in what school has to teach him so he doesn’t pay attention.
clique: stoners
graduation plans: amir plans on continuing his job as a tattoo artist and apprentice.
part time job(s): apprentice at his local tattoo parlor

—history
bio:
amir comes from a two parent household. with his father being a janitor and his mother a school nurse they aren’t the wealthiest, they have just enough to get by and not starve. growing up amir has a normal life. growing up an only child meant that he was lonely, though he had plenty of cousins and neighborhood kids to hang out with.

his life changed when he turned 14 and his powers showed itself. it began with his mother’s garden, whenever he was near the plants would suddenly grow and reach out for him. it wasn’t long before his parent figured out what was going on. in the beginning he was teased for having a “girly” power and soon he began to despise it, though as time passed her began to accept and appreciate it.

how far has he gone sexually?: not far at all
relationships:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back