News & Updates PSA: Recruitment Etiquette

With the changes that have come with our new section for Off-site Ads we would like to remind everyone about basic recruitment etiquette as well as the expected manner that off-site recruitment should be handled.

Please remember to always post your recruitment threads in the correct area! We cannot emphasize this enough. If you are ever unsure about where you should post your recruitment thread, never hesitate to ask. A general rule of thumb would be to post in the area you’re most likely going to be roleplaying the most, whether it be on RPN or offsite.

Respect the recruitment threads of others. Please do not go onto other member’s recruitment threads to promote your roleplays or ask those who have replied on another’s thread if they want to roleplay with you. You can easily make your own recruitment thread and should not hijack the thread of someone else.

If the recruitment thread is not in Off-site Ads, it is expected that members do not want to role play offsite. It is why we made the Off-site Ads forum for those who do. If you are looking for fellow members to roleplay offsite with, look there first.

RpNation is a roleplay community. While we understand and encourage members to socialize and make friends, we feel that sharing your contact information should be done cautiously. Sharing your contact information in recruitment threads is not permitted unless it is posted in Off-site Ads.

If you look under your profile options, there is a place under Identities specifically for your information like Discord. So, to sum it up, if it is offsite information it only belongs in your profile or the offsite recruitment forum.

With the changes that have come with our new section for Off-site Ads we would like to remind everyone about basic recruitment etiquette as well as the expected manner that off-site recruitment should be handled.

Please remember to always post your recruitment threads in the correct area! We cannot emphasize this enough. If you are ever unsure about where you should post your recruitment thread, never hesitate to ask. A general rule of thumb would be to post in the area you’re most likely going to be roleplaying the most, whether it be on RPN or offsite.

Respect the recruitment threads of others. Please do not go onto other member’s recruitment threads to promote your roleplays or ask those who have replied on another’s thread if they want to roleplay with you. You can easily make your own recruitment thread and should not hijack the thread of someone else.

If the recruitment thread is not in Off-site Ads, it is expected that members do not want to role play offsite. It is why we made the Off-site Ads forum for those who do. If you are looking for fellow members to roleplay offsite with, look there first.

RpNation is a roleplay community. While we understand and encourage members to socialize and make friends, we feel that sharing your contact information should be done cautiously. Sharing your contact information in recruitment threads is not permitted unless it is posted in Off-site Ads.

If you look under your profile options, there is a place under Identities specifically for your information like Discord. So, to sum it up, if it is offsite information it only belongs in your profile or the offsite recruitment forum.
What if the roleplay itself is taking place on the site but there is a OOC chat on Discord? I see that a lot. Is it allowed to post the invite link to such on the recruitment thread or should we dm every person that showed interest the link instead?

Is there also a rule about only one interest check per RP? I've seen a bunch that have separate threads in the partners and groups categories or in both fandom/fantasy etc.

What if the roleplay itself is taking place on the site but there is a OOC chat on Discord? I see that a lot. Is it allowed to post the invite link to such on the recruitment thread or should we dm every person that showed interest the link instead?

Once your RP is started, it's generally fine to share contact and stuff in the confines of your RP. This mostly targets the Recruitment Areas.

Is there also a rule about only one interest check per RP? I've seen a bunch that have separate threads in the partners and groups categories or in both fandom/fantasy etc.

It is something we are discussing and have received feedback on recently. Stay tuned for any features/announcements in relation to this in the future :).

I should add that it's also not a very good idea to barge into other people's roleplays asking if you can join on the actual page of the roleplay. Me and my boyfriend RP one on one, and we've had several occasions where people have interrupted our writing asking if they can join. It's really quite irritating, as it disrupts our posts/writing flow when the person could've just as easily messaged one of us personally and gotten a response that way.

If it's your thread and you're encouraging it, that's fine. ^33^ This is mainly to prevent thread hijacking, or users talking to each other on a thread without the OP's consent or approval, because that's rude.

Excuse me but why I can't post on the subforum yet? It appears as "Private" to me :/ It's the only reason why I'm still posting my 1x1 requests on the "Looking for Partners" subforum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back