• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

JackDoggo

The Doggo-er
Doesn't the world have enough problems? Apparently not, because reports of strange phenomena start to trickle into news sources all over the world, stories that claim a man was seen flying or controlling people with his mind. The world governments are scrambling to both cover up these reports while simultaneously collecting the individuals featured in said reports for their own purposes.

It's a war, a war that earth was dragged into without any knowledge or consent on their part.

IN a neighbouring realm, two gods sought to settle their differences by using a primal world and creating races upon it to do battle on the god's behalf. Over the centuries, they added more and more races, granting further powers to try and counter each other in a proxy war, but all too late they realized that it was spiraling out of control. All the fighting had worn down the barrier between realms and so magic and spirits began to bleed over into our realm and onto Earth, forcibly infusing ordinary folk with amazing abilities. Some even transformed to mimic the race who's spirit they now carried, gaining supernatural abilities.

In this, a young man awakens to discover he has been transformed into a girl, a girl with powers that he - now she - has no idea how to control. And her relatively normal life is forever shattered.

This is a roleplay between Bunesh Bunesh and JackDoggo JackDoggo .

William Drake the Second, a young man burdened with his father's name and the expectations that came with it. Local modern-day nobility, the family image was extremely important, and so having a firstborn son who was overweight, acne-blotted, with poor grades and non-existent physical abilities was more than humiliating.

It was offensive.

William Drake Sr was a man who was proud of his accomplishments and had named his firstborn with the expectation that he would honor the family name, and create a tradition of the first son being named William David Drake. In his mind, Drake sr had the boy's entire life planned out, and rigidly stuck to this mental map with almost religious zeal. But tragically, his son was a far cry from him.

To be fair, William Sr had an overblown sense of self, remembering his own childhood and highschool accomplishments in a more favourable light, but that did little to change his son's situation. Kept on a diet since he was seven, young William jr struggled with his weight, his unpopularity, and terminal shyness. This only brought out the worst in his father, who hid his son away at social gatherings and beat him for any even perceived failing.

That had lead to this night, a night that for most other teenagers would have been one of celebration and excitement: sixteen. But instead of a party to celebrate, the Drake household was quiet, save for the basement where young William jr was curled up, his hands over his head as the belt lashed him like a whip. His father favoured the belt, as it was light and damaging without breaking bones or causing more visible damage that would be hard to explain.

Though, worst comes to worst, the elder William knew he could just pin it on bullying.

William jr didn't cry anymore, he rarely yelped or acknowledged the pain beyond hissing through his teeth on occasion, which only annoyed William sr further as the father had come to rely on his doughy son as a living stress ball when things at work were't going the way he envisioned them. Inevitably, William sr's arm grew tired and his throat raw from yelling every insult he could imagine at his son, and he'd storm out leaving William jr a quivering mass on the ground; shaking from a dark emotional cocktail of depression, anxiety, self-loathing, anger, and humiliation at his own helplessness.

At least the cold cement of the unfinished basement floor provided some relief for his growing bruises and welts.

William jr didn't bother to go upstairs, as that would require effort that he wasn't willing to invest in, and it was easier to remain on the cold stone and recover than force himself up the stairs to eat his quarter-helping of food at an awkward dinner. He'd probably go up somewhere in the middle of the night, steal some food and then make his way to bed, but for now, he took what little solace he could in the silence and solitude that followed these weekly beatings.

He couldn't know how this night would change the course of his life forever, for better... and worse.

It began with a freak thunderstorm that rolled in around ten PM, howling winds clawing at trees while heavy drops of rain battered windows, illuminated by flashes of lightning that raked the sky. The storm continued unabated as the many families of the neighbourhood retired for the night to sleep, it was after all only a Wednesday.

At twelve AM on the second, a strange blue circle appeared in the sky for the briefest of moments and unleashed a torrent of lightning that crashed down upon the neighborhood junction box, blowing out every fuse in the neighborhood.

But int he Drake family house, things were a touch different as though the circuit breakers were tripped, the lightning continued to surge, leaping through the wires in an entirely impossible fashion, following them to the basement and young William jr. The young boy didn't even have time to scream as the voltage collided with him, his body aching and burning, vocal cords paralyzed by pain and electricity as he twisted and writhed. Never before in his life had William jr been so happy for blissful unconsciousness.

---

"It's called SHM," the doctor was saying to the dazed Drake family, "Spontaneous Human Mutation, and it's the fifth case I've had this week." He sat back and watched the family members soak in the information. All of this surrounding the pretty young girl sitting in a hospital gown on the examination table. She had clear, almost translucent skin, with exotic silver hair that carried the faintest hint of an aqua sheen when the light hit it just right. She was short - that hadn't changed - and petite, with slender-looking hands and modest feminine charms. But most alluring and curious of all was - outside of her now knife-shaped ears - was her neon blue eyes.

The eyes were completely void of pupils which should have made her blind, instead of having white sclera and irises of vibrant, vivacious blue that was hard to look away from. There were, of course, other dramatic changes, the gynecology exam having confirmed that she was a fully functioning female, and the doctor had noted that aside from her eyelashes, eyebrows, and the hair on her head, the young girl was otherwise entirely devoid of body hair. He could only guess at the reason but if the parent's story was to be believed - that they had come downstairs and discovered this girl in their son's clothes, laying in a small blast zone on the floor, with every outlet in the house blown out and melted, and long gouges carved into the cement, that it was a result of a massive electrical incident.

However, he could only surmise and theorize at this point as SHM-afflicted individuals - or mutants if you weren't feeling politically correct - were still poorly understood and a fairly recent phenomenon. The government had given up trying to collect these individuals discreetly and instead had instituted a sort of registry program to watch them and track the array of abilities and changes. The media were being pressured to keep stories of SHM to a minimum, though this did little to dam the flood of misinformation drowning the internet.

All he could really do was give the family a few pamphlets and forms and send them on their way, having cleared William Jr - she would definitely need a new name - for school.

And that was how Elektra Claire Drake ended up at school; amidst a whirlwind of rumors and a pun name.

Gerald Fatus held Audrey as she shivered, scratched, and seizure out of control. Her arms and legs flailed wildly, hitting Gerald in the face and flinging his glasses to the wall. Her movement gradually settled until she went completely still. A few moments later, she started drooling and mumbling about ghosts and wars.

Gerald pushed away the virtual reality equipment that littered the floor to clear the way for them. He hoisted her up and calmly walked towards his bedroom. He settled her down softly, tucking her in with his pillow and two of his thick blankets. He kissed her forehead and whispered, “Good night, sister.” He turned around and left her room. He slowly closed the door and when he heard the soft ‘click’, he relaxed.

He leaned against his bedroom door and slowly slid down until his butt touched the floor. His hand quickly went up to his mouth to stop him from vomiting the pasta he had for dinner earlier. “What the hell just happened!” he scream-thought to himself while he felt the aftershock of the situation. Seeing his stepsister flailing around as if she was possessed easily topped the list of scariest events that he had ever experienced. He saw the haunted look on her face as she scratched him and screamed horror.

Luckily, their parents weren’t around to see her in that state. They were out on a vacation and left him in charge of her. Gerald regretted doing that to her, showing her that virtual reality Horror game. Her fear-stricken voice still echoed through his thoughts as he picked himself off the floor. He stumbled towards her room, ready to clean up and fix whatever damage they did to her room.

He had this feeling that he had screwed up big-time.

---
1580301581981.png

The glaring sunlight passed through the window, hitting Audrey with all its brightness. She shifted under her brother’s blanket and tried shielding herself from the annoying light. After a few moments of changing positions, she gave up and sat up. She yawned and scratched her itchy back. She went towards the bathroom and washed her face. With her drowsiness gone, she looked at the mirror and screamed. Staring back at her was a girl with black hair and icy-blue eyes. Mist swirled and poured from an unknown source, surrounding the girl’s body. She felt the coldness of the fog and surprisingly, it felt kind of nice.

1580301760885.png

She brought up a hand to her hair and noticed that the girl in the reflection mirrored her. She screamed, “Gerald! What did you do to me!” She left the bathroom and ran towards her brother’s room. She looked around and realized that this was the room she slept in earlier. “Where are you, Gerald!” She asked, spinning around to try and find her step-brother.

“I’m here,” A tired voice called out from the direction of her room.

Audrey rolled up her sleeves as she stomped her way towards her room, “Just you wait Gerald! I’ll make you pay for dyeing my hair black!” She slammed her door open, breaking the doorknob with just a twist of her hand. Not noticing the damage she did, she stormed towards her brother who was cleaning her room. She curled her hands around his t-shirt and brought him down to her level, “What the hell did you do! I look like Sadako! Don’t you realize how scared I was when I saw myself in the mirror?”

Gerald brought up his hands, “Woah, calm down! I didn’t do anything to you! Where is that fog coming from?” He pointed at the fog surrounding her body. The mist swirled and passed against him, sending shivers throughout his nerves. “And it’s cold. I promise sis. I didn’t do anything,” he said.

Audrey tried to calm herself down by breathing deeply in a rhythmic pattern. One, two, breath in… Three, four breathe out… She repeated this for a few more times before she calmed down a bit. “Bro, this is nuts. I wake up and I suddenly look like this!” she shouted, pointing at her face and her hair. “And look at this!” she pointed at the fog surrounding her body. “It’s a freaking mist! A fog! A tiny cloud! I dunno what it is but it’s there!” She said while her voice wavered.

Gerald quickly picked off a hair strand from her head, eliciting a pained yelp from his sister. He brought it up close to his face and examined it. He twisted it, bent it, and tried rubbing it to remove any traces of hair-dye. After tinkering for a bit, he realized that this hair strand was not tampered with in any way. It was the real deal. For some reason, Audrey had transformed overnight. He instinctively knew that what happened last night was connected to it.

Gerald put down the hair strand and looked at Audrey, “Look, I think I know what’s going on.” He stepped towards her and poked at the mist surrounding his sister. He shivered as he felt the coldness of the mist. “You transformed last night. Something made you mutate into this. I think this mist is ectoplasm… Some kind of spiritual energy…” He said while rubbing his chin.

Audrey sighed and eyed her brother, “So… what do we do now?”

Gerald smiled and beckoned her to follow him.

----

”Her case is very special, Mr. Fatus.” The doctor said as he looked at Audrey’s file. He put her file down and leaned on his table, “Are you sure that this happened overnight?”

Gerald replied, “I am sure it did, doctor. Yesterday she still had her white hair but now, it changed to black and this ectoplasm keeps pouring out of her.”

Audrey nodded energetically to support her brother’s statement.

The doctor eyed the step-siblings for a few moments before looking back at her file. “Increased muscle density, increased muscle flexibility, increased bone strength, increased brain activity… Her physical and mental improvements are phenomenal,” he stated the information from her file. He looked at Audrey, “This is called Spontaneous Human Mutation and it’s the first time I’ve seen it up close. I’ve heard talk about these SHM cases from doctors around the world, it’s very surprising how much change a person can go through in just a moment.” He looked at Gerald and then back to Audrey, “You are one of them. Mutants. But compared to others, your changes are subtle except for the ectoplasm and your hair.”

Gerald interrupted the doctor, “So what? What can we do about this doc?”

The doctor chuckled before he said, “Sorry about that. What I can do for you is to sign you up in a registry program for people who were afflicted with SHM. What do you say?”

Audrey looks at Gerald and silently asks for his opinion. Gerald raises a thumb and nodded, beckoning for her to accept it. She smiled and turned towards the doctor, “I’ll do it.”

Well, this was just great.

Elektra sat in her desk, studiously ignoring the whispering and glances shot her way as she stared into her textbook without really reading it. She knew things were going to be weird when she got to school, but didn't guess on exactly how weird it would be; the teacher had been briefed on the changes and had elected to divulge this information to her class.

Being a science teacher, Miss Law had thought it a wonderful chance for the class to learn more about SHM, since it was slowly becoming more and more common. Instead however, her plan on educating her pupils seemed to have done little more than feeding the rumor mill that now churned out half-baked theories and bold-faced lies about the short, silver-haired girl.

Honestly, Elektra couldn't tell if Miss White was hiding her maliciousness behind naivete, or if she really was dense enough to think that this sudden project would cause anything other than more anxiety and stress for Elektra.

"So, do you still have your dick?" someone called out suddenly, Miss Law looking up for the offender, though that was readily obvious: Luke Murray, a class clown, and stoner who still somehow managed to get good grades. All eyes were on Elektra who shifted nervously glancing up at Miss Law who frowned at Luke's crude question.

"Mr. Murray, that sort of language is inappropriate," she scolded acidly, but Luke looked unapologetic, shooting a glance to the teacher and raising his arms in a shrug of innocence.

"What? Everyone wants to know, I'm jus' sayin' what we're all wonderin'; did his dick get exchanged for that rack?" Elektra faced turned blood red and stared furiously at her textbook, trying to will the bell to ring. Of course in his own way, Luke was right and Elektra knew it: everyone wanted to know the status of her genitals, not that it was any of their goddamn concern!

The pale girl looked away, breathing faster and harder as she felt everyone's eyes on her, staring while the teacher made no move to curb their staring, fingers trembling. She knew she would have to say something eventually if only to head off the possibility of a less verbal and more physical and intimate investigation. Considering the wealth of the families who sent their kids to this school, she didn't doubt that they would get away with it either.

"...No." Her voice was soft and undeniably feminine, she still wasn't used to the lilting tone with a slight English accent that it carried, "No it's... gone." She buried her face further in the book, trying and failing to stop the violent shaking that now racked her body. Luke for his part didn't say anything, nobody did in fact. They were curious obviously, but they didn't know what to do or how to process that information.

"Well, it ain't like she lost something she would've used anyways." Someone declared in a mocking tone, the class cracking into nervous giggles, thankfully Miss Law seemed to remember that she was a teacher and spoke up, loudly.

"Alright, that's enough of that, I will tolerate no more badgering of Miss Drake; back to work."

Somewhat reluctantly, the class returned to their work, though the occasional whisper rose up, no doubt small groups of people were trying to process this newest bit of information. Elektra, however, could feel the heat on her face, it was so intense that she was vaguely surprised she didn't burst into flame, though the wetness on her cheeks may be helping to regulate her temperature.

She was never more glad for the bell to ring, and was the first one out the door, ignoring the calls of her science teacher as she raced to the bathroom, but force of habit sent her into the boys washroom where she locked herself in a stall and began to cry.

The news spread like wildfire, with increasingly more outlandish stories accompanying it, by the time lunch rolled around, the school was filled with claims that Elektra was auctioning off her virginity, while a few guys claimed that they had popped her cherry or gotten blowjobs from her. However, even school rumor mills had a limit to what they were willing to allow, and too many guys making bold claims like that nullified all their claims.

Elektra's nerves were shot, and knew that at least half of the whispers that followed her entry to the cafeteria were about her. However, the former boy had no clue how to deal with these kinds of things, at least before he had been invisible, only noted on occasion for mockery, but she was anything but, and wasn't sure if her normal defensive response of ignoring them would work.

She didn't know that later that day, she'd get her answer...

But for now, Elektra had herself a simplistic meal - she wasn't really hungry - and sat in the corner, trying to read her manga and ignore the world around her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back