• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Protectors (OC Version of Defenders)

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I have managed to watch the first season of Jessica Jones, Daredevil, Luke Cage, and Iron Fist. I have yet to watch the Defenders. They are refreshingly down to Earth characters. THAT is what I am looking for. However, I plan to center this RP on the west coast, in Los Angeles. In all honesty, San Francisco would make more sense, far more violence there, but I know LA far better.

I am looking for about four heroes. Each with an area they watch over. They should mainly be one trick ponies or a few closely related powers. For example: Daredevil (Matthew Murdock) is a blind lawyer whose other senses were amped up to superhuman levels when he was a kid when radioactive waste was splashed in his eyes. He was trained to fight by a blind martial artist named Stick. Otherwise, nothing really superhuman about him. I do not want any gods like Thor, monsters like Hulk, super genius techs like Tony Stark aka Iron Man. Your characters should have flaws, or weaknesses/limitations. They should have family backgrounds - even if those are dead.

Characters / Setting
One character in should live in the Carson/Torrance area and watch over as far west as San Pedro, south to Long Beach and Seal Beach, north to Hawthorne, west to Paramount. Compton would be his worst city.

Another good territory for a mobile character to cover would be north of mine. West side of LA to Santa Monica, from Inglewood up to West Hollywood. (Those last two places have a history of violence.)

Next would be the area surrounding San Bernardino.

Finally, everything surrounding East LA.

You may two character sheets. One for me. One for the group. (Or if you don't want to be mysterious at all, just the full one.) The one for the group should have pics/description, general knowledge about the character according to the news (unless you want to decide you've met before the group forms). I may run support NPC's - like someone who can make light weight armor similar to what Daredevil gets at the end of the first season, and maybe a hacker, etc.

Villains:
These are going to be NPC's. Each of you should create a nemesis that you have beaten in what amounts to YOUR season one. Again, TWO CS's just like your own hero characters. Then you should decide whether they are still at large, or on the lam and a problem that will come back to haunt you. I will run the Villains - or assign them to other members to run. So be careful what you create. Remember, we do NOT need Thanos, Asgardians, etc.

One thing: I prefer to avoid any sort of Mind Control. I like to keep members in control of their own selves. Putting a gun to the head of a friend or family member and making them choose is fine.

Rules:
Third person, past tense. Reasonable spelling and grammar. I make mistakes too. But your posts shouldn’t be in all caps or no caps.

Post length: My minimum is about 500 words (just over a page in Google Docs using Georgia 12 point font. Anything less means people left me nothing to respond to or I was having a really bad day. I often write about twice that.

PLEASE: No animated gifs - OR hide them in Hiders. I have extremely bad eyes. I finally found out why this past year. I have a tumor behind my right eye. And there are indicators it is spreading to my left. There are two treatments - long term steroid use (bad) - and an infusion that makes a meal of my immune system (also bad with the current Covid pandemic). I am already late for my infusions and I can feel my eyes getting worse. Needless to say, I need to avoid the sort of eyestrain I’d get trying to read around an animated gif. I can click a Hider on and Off easily enough, then read around it.

Please do NOT ghost. If you are going to have to bow out, let us know so we aren’t all waiting on you to post.

Post Frequency. Please do not create a wall of posts that everyone has to spend hours reading to catch up. I had two people do that once - three pages of short paragraphs. Everyone was complaining. I ended up having to boot them as they kept doing it, then ghosted.

Make sure we know what character is in the scene. It wouldn’t hurt to insert a link to your CS every now and then, especially early on.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back