• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Protector Of Two Worlds {3/3; Urban Fantasy Anime-Esque Harem}

GrayDiscipleOfYeet

I snatched up this idea from a writer on Wattpad, ThatDarkCreature. Any and all credit should go to him; I just made changes.

Plot:
In 2008, a village in the Kansai region of Japan was rocked by a brutal murder. An elderly couple, alongside their daughter and son-in-law, were the victims. The only survivor was 9-year old {Muse A}, who narrowly avoided meeting the same fate simply by staying out late. Flashforward to the year 2018: {Muse A} now lives with their aunt and {Muse B}, a (girl/boy) taken in by said aunt, in a part of Tokyo. Aside from the fact {Muse B} is a creature known as a 'yokai' and both {Muse A} and their aunt are what's known as 'Shepherds,' it's a pretty normal situation.

Very rectently, however, {Muse C}, a childhood friend from the village, has moved into that part of Tokyo, and back into {Muse A}'s life. Adding to the ever-growing pile of strange situations in the young (man/woman)'s life.

To better sum up: This is an urban fantasy anime RP involving a young man or woman who is what's known as a Shepherd (Come at me, Nintendo): Individuals who act as protectors to both humans and yokai. While most are regular humans with specialized training, those who come from a certain bloodline have enhanced speed, strength, stamina, and reflexes. Muse A and their aunt come from one of the bloodlines. Alongside her (nephew/niece), the aunt raised the young orphaned yokai Muse B. There's already a strange kind of romantic tension between the adopted cousins when Muse C comes back into Muse A's life.

Rules:
1) Please be able to write three detailed sentences to a paragraph; No one-liners and please have decent grammar.
2) Let me know in advance if you're going to be inactive, leaving the thread, or lost interest.
3) Anime-style pictures should be used for your characters, if you decide to use a picture.
4) While we each have one main character, you're free to create secondary/NPC characters with or without a form. Secondary roles/NPCs will be divided between the three of us.
5) Please try your hardest not to make a Mary Sue/Gary Stu.

Characters:
Muse A (1/1):
Takumi Hamasaki *JungleRainWing*
Main protagonist. A Shepherd-in-training under his aunt.

Muse B (1/1):
Eri Hamasaki *Israel*
Yokai adopted by the elder Shepherd Hamasaki. Love interest to Muse A.

Muse C (1/1):
Tomiko Murata *elderflower*
Human and childhood friend of Muse A. Has moved into A's part of Tokyo with no idea of the supernatural. Love interest to Muse A.

Romance-wise, this plot can go several ways. We could do the traditional "one guy & two girls" harem situation, or we could reverse it with "one girl & two guys." If you really want to experiment, we could even do a same sex variation (three guys or three girls). Really, it's all up to you guys! Just let me know and the most popular option will determine my character's gender.

Sign-Up Sheet:
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
History:
Other:

My Character:
Name:
Takumi Hamasaki
Species:
Enhanced Human
Appearance:
af675f581e7f236c82cf8076fed02ad2.jpg

Personality:
Takumi actually comes off as a pretty normal guy. Friendly to a fault, tries to be fair in his judgements as a Shepherd, and cares deeply for both his family and those he protects. He still has a dose of Survivor's Guilt left over from the incident in 2008. And when he's pushed, he can be very viscous.
History:
Takumi was born in the year 1999, in a village in the Kansai region. In 2008, 9-year old Takumi and his best friend encountered (unknown to the two) a Hachishakusama who had been keeping her eye on the boy for...Unhealthy reasons. By spending time playing late into the evening, Takumi narrowly escaped becoming a victim. However, it came at the cost of most of his family. After this event, Takumi was moved from his village all the way to Tokyo to live with his aunt. He was introduced to Eri when he was 11.
Other:
He still has a faint Kansai dialect when he speaks.
(I'll tell you guys anything if I think it up.)

Last edited:
Ooh color me interested. I'll take either Muse B or Muse C.

As for romance I like the idea of two guys and one girl. I also prefer RPing male characters.

(Here's my precious Eri!)
Name: Eri Hamasaki
Species: Yokai
Appearance:
Human Appearance -
tetoragif.gif
Yokai Appearance -
6YcNLBE.jpg
Personality: Eri is described as a rather friendly and playful individual. Often described as a nonviolent and peaceful Yokai, Eri is still very much an impish rascal. It is hard to tell whether his mischievous personality is due to his Yokai nature or immaturity. At times, he has been proven to be a handful for the Hamasaki family. However he has a strong loyalty towards the two, especially the younger Takumi. Albeit this was more to do with being in love with the other male. As such, Eri is very overprotective of the human and is very needy of the young man’s attention.
History: Due to amnesia, most of Eri’s past life is unknown to him. For the most part Eri lived as a feral child prior to being “adopted” by the Hamasaki family. While it took a few years for Eri to become accustomed to humans, much due to the Hamasaki determination, the young Yokai has flourished in interacting with other humans. As the young Yokai grew up, he realized that his feelings for Takumi were much more than just a kinship. He realized that he held a much more stronger attraction for the young man and had fallen in love with the human. While he isn't sure if Takumi feels the same way, Eri has made the self-commitment to stay by Takumi's side. (Sorry for the short history, but I kind of want it to be a mystery and see where the RP takes us.)
Other: Unlike other Yokai, Eri is actually visible to all humans. It is assumed that he might be a half-Yokai, but it is hard to prove such a thing.
(Will possibly revise in the future.)

I might be jumping the gun a little but this sounds super fun to me so here's my application for character c unless its taken!

Name: Tomiko Murata
Nicknames: Tomi
Species: Human
Apperance:
伊藤里👗③巻発売中 on Twitter.jpg
Personality: Tomiko is like a breeze, you can never really grasp her properly. She's quaint, whimsical and the definition of a free spirit as she rarely the crowd because she much prefers to do her own thing unless she particularly attached to someone which is rare. Tomiko isn't that sociable as she prefers to spend her time alone due to trauma from her, this trauma also causes her to find it difficult to connect with people. So, Tomiko often finds herself alone listening to music and following the breeze to her next adventure. However, the unfeeling and numb person Tomiko has become is more of a self-defence mechanism than her true personality as past her wall lays a sweet girl who smiles, cares for other and desperately doesn't want to be alone anymore however due to her trauma she'd rather not get close to anyone anymore rather than loosing another person she cares about. The final aspect of Tomiko's personality is her courage, Tomiko has stood up for many strangers in the past; she's defended people from their bullies, she's chased down thieves and in her most shocking act of courage she stood up to her father after hurting her mother and this is all due to her strong moral compass.

History: Tomiko grew up in a small countryside town with her mother and grandmother, her father left just after Tomiko's 3rd birthday as he'd fallen in love with his secretary who was pregnant. Tomiko didn't care if her father had left as she lived a happy life with her mother and grandmother, one of her most treasured memories was them sitting around the house eating fruits as they told stories and laughed until their bellies hurt. Tomiko's school life was just as pleasant as she excelled in her school work and she had her best friend Takumi and they would get into all sorts of mischief, Takumi and Tomiko would spend every weekend together playing all sorts of games until their mothers called them home for dinner. They all lived happy lives until that happiness was shattered when Takumi's family was murdered and Tomiko's heartbroke for her best friend who she cherished. Tomiko and her family went to the funerals and did everything in their living power to help comfort the boy whose family had been stolen from him but it wasn't long before his Aunt took him in which meant he left her. The day Takumi left Tomiko cried all day promising one day that she'd see him again, she told him to wait until she was bigger and she would come find him, all he had to do was wait for her to return to his side.

In her 15th year of life Tomiko's Grandmother passed away, it destroyed her mother causing debilitating mental illness that caused Tomiko to become her mother's full-time carer. Tomiko dropped out of school to care for her mother and this caused Tomiko to become resentful towards her mother but she still cared for her and loved her dearly but she would never forget how her mother stole a part of her youth from her. The trauma of loosing both her Grandmother and her Mother to mental illness caused Tomiko to turn cold. The reality of Tomiko's situation was revealed by an old teacher who'd come to check on her and what he found caused the teacher to call social services and they took Tomiko's mother to a mental hospital and custody of Tomiko was handed to her father who took her in with no qualms but the same could not be said about his wife, Tomiko's step-mother and her son, Tomiko's half-brother. Her father tried to connect with her but Tomiko was cold, unfeeling and so her father left her in peace but still he tried. Tomiko moved to Tokyo when she was 17 just about to turn 18 and Tokyo was the place where she would find her life changing forever.

Other:

- Tomiko still wears the friendship bracelet that Takumi made her when they were young, it's now more out of habit than emotional connection.

- Her half-brother often teases her about not being 'girly'

- She loves comfy clothes and prefers to keep her hair short.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back