• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Prosper, As Tau Shall... (40k Tau Expansion RP!)

Beckoncall

World-Weaver and servant to the most-holy PC
Supporter
FOR THE GREATER GOOD!

Knowledge of 40k or the Tau is not really required for this RP, but people who like 40k and especially the Tau might find this concept more attractive. The objective of the game is for players to command representatives of the Tau Empire along chaotic and unknown frontiers of space, seek out new cultures and worlds -- and through diplomacy or strength of arms bring them into the Empire and get them to embrace the Tau's philosophy of "The Greater Good."

The game is one part Space Exploration, one part co-operation vs. competition, and one part Model UN --

The Tau explore World after world on a starmap, Each place in various states of crisis, Bedlam or stagnation and must discover the problems that make the various planets troubled and somehow establish peace and a new order so that they can be absorbed into the Tau empire. Tyrrany, Disease, Alien Races and Cultures, and all manner of Crises run rampant everywhere -- but beyond that, the potential for new expansion, assets and resources for the Empire and the Greater Good -- if you are brave, clever, and cunning enough to make peace out of the great disorder among the stars.

Different Tau Castes and Auxillary races are all different tools for solving a variety of problems. Can you choose and use these tools properly to "Prosper, as Tau Shall?"

The Ethereal Leaders, Septs and Castes, and the races that follow them are waiting for your Command!

The players themselves will make OCs that will be their Task force leaders, with the rank of Shas'el. (Commanders), with two crisis suits and several probes.
Each Player will start with ONE Tau Caste Task-force and THREE teams of Non-Tau Auxillaries -- Kroot, Vespid, Humans (Gue'Vesa) , or perhaps other races, each with their own ways of solving problems.

The players themselves will make OCs that will be their Task force leaders, with the rank of Shas'el. (Commanders) with two Crisis Suits and a number of probes.
The Tau Taskforces also approach problems according to their own specializations:
Fire Caste being the best warriors,
Water Caste being best diplomats,
Air Caste being the best with Pilots and messengers,
Earth Caste being the best with construction and Tech.
Limited Involvement of the Ethereal Caste may also be a feature, who have the assets of all castes and are the best peacemakers.

Each World will have it's own challenges to face from convincing the populace to join the greater good to neutralizing threats, disasters, calamity and war and otherwise bringing peace to the stars -- by diplomacy, clever solutions, or force.

Players will compete as well as cooperate to accomplish goals, the most impressive/successful will gain influence and attention of the Ethereal Caste.

This game will take place on RPN forums as well as a group discord to facillitate communication.

are you brave enough to serve the greater good and progress, as Tau shall?

Elucid Elucid Kloudy Kloudy Cosmo Cosmo Crocodile Crocodile Kent Kent Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 Delightful Phantom Delightful Phantom (bumping those with former interest)

Even though I will forever live in terror of Autoresolves to the point I think I will have to actually fight out every single battle in Total War from now until the end of time, yeah, I'm in. Been excited for this forever. Probably gonna do Water Caste leader.

Possible interest? Is this going to be more leaning into the traditional grimdark flavor of Warhammer or will it be different?

Hoping additional people sound off for the interest check, but I think we have enough people to start.

yutohase yutohase -- the Tau represent, more or less, and depending on who you ask, the least grimdark aspects of 40k.
It doesn't make them shiny happy by any extent, but they are the opposite of dark and hopeless.

If you wanted to, tell me what aspects of the game might alienate you (no pun intended) and perhaps we can come up with a role that you'd be most comfortable with.

While the universe is in bad shape, the Tau are all about taking bad situations and making them better -- As friends or confederates of the Tau, of course.

I'll start inviting people to the game discord, and archiving stuff from the beta test.

Elucid Elucid and Kloudy Kloudy who helped develop the "beta" with me will start with a small beta perk, and reputation as commanders who have already absorbed a new Sept into the Tau Empire. One for their gallant absorbtion of the PROPE system, and the other for their heroic efforts on PERO. ;)

yutohase yutohase -- the Tau represent, more or less, and depending on who you ask, the least grimdark aspects of 40k.
It doesn't make them shiny happy by any extent, but they are the opposite of dark and hopeless.

If you wanted to, tell me what aspects of the game might alienate you (no pun intended) and perhaps we can come up with a role that you'd be most comfortable with.

While the universe is in bad shape, the Tau are all about taking bad situations and making them better -- As friends or confederates of the Tau, of course.
Ok, that makes me feel a lot more comforted. I'm just worried about my actions really not mattering in terms of the betterment of the game world. I want what I do to have a positive impact on the environment.

As for what position I might fill, we can work that out, I know I can lean more towards a warrior disposition but I kinda wanna step out of my comfort zone and try something different. Maybe a recon or a search and rescue sort of thing.

Ok, that makes me feel a lot more comforted. I'm just worried about my actions really not mattering in terms of the betterment of the game world. I want what I do to have a positive impact on the environment.

As for what position I might fill, we can work that out, I know I can lean more towards a warrior disposition but I kinda wanna step out of my comfort zone and try something different. Maybe a recon or a search and rescue sort of thing.
I'll hold your place for the 2nd wave. That way you can look on and see if it's really your thing and how you want to contribute.

Starting with 5 people, once the game is agile, I'll add more, or add people as specific characters/entities as well as new commander task forces.

I'll start inviting people to the game discord, and archiving stuff from the beta test.

Elucid Elucid and Kloudy Kloudy who helped develop the "beta" with me will start with a small beta perk, and reputation as commanders who have already absorbed a new Sept into the Tau Empire. One for their gallant absorbtion of the PROPE system, and the other for their heroic efforts on PERO. ;)
Hehe~ I am HEROIC!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back