• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic PROSPER, AS TAU SHALL! (40k Expansionist RP!)

Lon Retheks...

/̵̗͈̺́ṋ̵̫͋̌͑̏s̷͍͚̱̦̿̓̈́͑̀̿̔̀̕3̸̡̛̖̳̝̼̱̆͗͛̏̓̾̉r̸̘͇̒̂̔t̷̜̩̳̃͑̔̈́͂͆̊ Naq/Lon Naq....

----------

Lok Naq....

R̷̠̩̬͕̿̑̈́͋3̷̯͖̜̤͍̪̱͔̌̀̉͊̕a̸͈̹̙̓̀ͅP̶̡̪̙̬̺̹̉̋̒̃͆̊̓̽/̶̧̱̙͚̿͗̽͊̊̔̕͘n̵̡̤͚̪͕͌̈́9̸̢̟͇̦̀....
---------

An/Ihs....

------

Decryption Successful...

Displaying Message.....

Tau'va Por'Sral Kor'Rua Report
Recorded Location....
Scanning......
Scanning.....
Error....
Unable to Determine Location....
Loading Stored Data....

Registered Forces
Shas'Saal Ke'lshan Alesh...
Loading Personnel Records.....
Searching.....
Downloading...
2 Crisis Suits......
1 Tau Fire Caste Taskforce....
50 Registered Personnel.....
Searching......
Downloading....
3 Auxillary Taskforces...
400 Registered Personnel....
Searching.....
Cross-sectioning by Species.....
Human....
Downloading....
Vespid....
Downloading....
Galg.....
Downloading....
Commander's Log found....
Open [Y/N].....
Opening....
Error....
Program Timeout....

Opening in new window....

Commanders Bzzzt... L0g
F0ur1h Bzzt... En1ry

"Damn it"

Alesh snarled under his breath as his datapad crackled and spluttered, the untoward alien environment that the Ya'va Skether'Qan found themselves playing havoc on all their systems. Drained of all power as Manta 99 travelled through the Green Fortresses portal, there was nothing that could be done as they were suddenly eclipsed by some massive entity and swallowed into darkness.

Breathing slowly and deeply from his life support, Alesh looked out at the fleshy vistas and bubbling rivers from the loading bay doors, the metal simmering away as the Manta sat dead in the acidic lake of this foreign realm. Doubt had wormed its way into the Tau Commander, the staunchest believer in the Greater Good and the Ethereal's, his very unit the proud palisade that had swept through countless systems to bring about this greatest of visions.

But all he had met on this latest foray, for the Tau's great uniter's, was Chaos.

Alien Fortresses that bent space to it's alien will, all to fulfil it's ravenous appetite without a care for the Chaos that it left behind as ship and crew struggled to survive picked apart by dispassionate drone and callous claw. And all the Manta's weaponry amounted to nothing in the face of such a being, simply snacks for an alien appetite.

Unease, thick like fog filled Alesh's mind and as it seemed the Renegade may have been correct. Serving with the Farsight Expedition, Alesh's grandfather had seen things during that campaign that had shocked him to his very core. Babbling about ships being turned to glass, ferocious flames that consumed Tau like alchemy and red skinned juggernauts that cleaved apart Crisis Suits and Fire Warriors in waves, it was only when questioned by the Ethereals had he regained his sanity. Still, some of his ramblings had stuck with Alesh since he was a boy, something his grandfather had heard whispered by the Renegade.

"Something lurks behind the material"

But Alesh had buried those words, believing wholeheartedly in the Ethereal's truth. That these 'Molochites' were merely a dangerous alien race. A truth that became so much easier to accept when the Ethereal's branded Farsight a Renegade, his name like poison in Alesh's ear. The proud Tau Fire Commander had devoted himself to becoming the anthesis of the fallen hero, the ultimate guardian to the Greater Good. But everything he had seen in recent months only added credence to the Renegades views.

There was something out there beyond the material. He had already met warriors devoting themselves to some phantom force, something immaterial and not some unknown alien race as the Ethereals would have him believe. His subsequent meeting with Ptah in the featureless void and now this, sitting in the bowels of some blasphemous beast. Was this not proof enough of the Ethereals lies?

He rubbed his temple, the inside of his head a chaotic cacophony of sound. With a deep long breath from his ventilator, Alesh composed himself as best he could.

He would see that his men would get out of this alive. No matter what....

Action 1: Crisis Suits, Vespid, Gue'vesa and Galg Auxiliaries will look for any usable resources/equipment within the bowels of the beast for either repair of Manta 99 or for Taskforce's survival. (Temporary Resentment (Vespid) used if applicable)

Action 2: Fire Team will utilise and reverse engineer Tau/ Green Fortress probes to act as power sources for Life Support Systems as well as aid the former action.

SCANS FROM 0404 -- Subsector "Ujanjag Priti":

With the clearing of the K'Tang Obstruction the wide breadth of points of interests and planetary systems in Ujanjag Priti, formerly only known as 0404, becomes clear:

Outer Rim Asteroid Belt "Bhor 934" :

This Outer ring of debris, ice, and stone in a wide ribbon around the whole system is a dotted with various interesting element signatures. Deposits of popular rare materials like hybrid solids are in above-trace quantities as well as new elements and materials previously unencountered by the Tau.
A substantial number of a race called "The Squats" Populate Bhor 934, seeming to have shattered the original planet in the outermost ring of the system and are in the later stages of stripping the debris for the last scraps of valuables.

Squat Frigates do not seem to have any shields to speak of, but instead armor matrixes that are impervious to asteroid collision and even high end Tau Weaponry. Proceed with Caution.

Space Station "Amsterdam 8" spins independently in the center of the subsector... astride it a huge cancerous biomass that appears to be some kind of Tyrannid "Capillary Ship" that has cybernetically fused with the station. The station is PACKED with "gaunt"-level organisms and ruled by some kind of ancient Carnifex Warform Mind--Node. Defending Amsterdam 8 are nebulic clouds made entirely of "gargoyles" and other flying tyrannid Harvesters. The Tyrannids here seem disconnected from any larger hive fleet and are obviously lost...

Refueling Station "Naturaliste 2" is in a Strange helical orbit around the 3 planetary systems in the subsector -- And apparently is the home to an isolated wing of the Imperial Cult of Humanity. They may have information or keys about the planetary systems, if they are willing to share them...

PLANETARY SYSTEMS IN 0404:

Allgerd :
Atmosphere

Breatheable mix
Temperature
Temperate
Biosphere
No native biosphere -- simple/stable biosphere brought by colonization efforts.
Population
Several million inhabitants
Tech Level
TL3 -- previously capable of space flight, the breakdown of the colony necessitating cannibalization of the craft that got the colonists here. In a bid to make the colony a success, they reaped stagnation, destruction of their FTL capabilities, and a deep slip in the level of dependable technology they have on hand. The Colony consists of several million Cockroach-humanoid analogs that are in constant war with Chameleon creatures previously united in the colony endeavor called "The Capelons" -- non-shaped camoflaging predators that raid what is left of the colony ruins for increasingly lesser tech, and eating the Vreet (Roaches) for Sustenance.

Abandoned Colony​

The world once hosted a colony, whether human or otherwise, until some crisis or natural disaster drove the inhabitants away or killed them off. The colony might have been mercantile in nature, an expedition to extract valuable local resources, or it might have been a reclusive cabal of zealots. The remains of the colony are usually in ruins, and might still be dangerous from the aftermath of whatever destroyed it in the first place.

Enemies:
  • Crazed survivors
  • Ruthless plunderers of the ruins
  • Automated defense system
Friends:
  • Inquisitive stellar archaeologist
  • Heir to the colony's property
  • Local wanting the place cleaned out and made safe
Complications:
  • The colony is crumbling and dangerous to navigate
Things:
  • Long-lost property deeds
  • Relic stolen by the colonists when they left
  • Historical record of the colonization attempt
Places:
  • Decaying habitation block
  • Vine-covered town square
  • Structure buried by an ancient landslide

Planetary System Designation "Bal":

Atmosphere

Breatheable mix
Temperature
Temperate
Biosphere
Tau-miscible (though most creatures are olive or blue in color to blend in with common carpet-lifeforms/moss) -- seismic instability has herds of animals and plant life continuously on the move...
Population
Hundreds of millions of inhabitants -- Cat-like "Mmrshan" population, far flung from any space where their race has been previously detected.
Tech Level
TL4/5 (Mmrshan bio-domes have sophistication to deal, more or less, with the seismic instability of the planet. Level 5 Tech is mostly held or traded by squats who are exploiting veins and erruptions of valuable planetary materials and minerals as the seas slowly boil away and the islands/continents flatten with the sea-level due to intra-mantle pulverization.

Planet Conditions:​

Seismic Instability​

The local land masses are remarkably unstable, and regular earthquakes rack the surface. Local construction is either advanced enough to sway and move with the vibrations or primitive enough that it is easily rebuilt. Severe volcanic activity may be part of the instability.

Enemies:
  • Earthquake cultists -- Mmrshan zealots and apocalypse cult.
  • Hermit seismologist -- Mmrshan certain offworlders are accellerating geological perils (they are correct, the squats are doing this)
  • Burrowing native life form (Chi-Gonger -- very aggressive against anything phermonally from offworld, including squats)
  • Earthquake-inducing saboteur
Friends:
  • Experimental construction firm owner (Squat owned/maintained)
  • Adventurous volcanologist (Again, Squats)
  • Geothermal prospector (Squat Mining Operation known as "Deep Rock Galactic")
Complications:
  • The earthquakes are caused by malfunctioning pretech terraformers
  • They're caused by alien technology
  • They're restrained by alien technology that is being plundered by offworlders
  • The earthquakes are used to generate enormous amounts of energy
Things:
  • Earthquake generator (Possessed by Squats)
  • Earthquake suppressor (Possessed by Mmrshan)
  • Mineral formed at the core of the world -- "Infatiguum" -- may be very valuable
  • Earthquake-proof building schematics
Places:
  • Volcanic caldera
  • Village during an earthquake
  • Mud slide
  • Earthquake opening superheated steam fissures

Kypri Planet:

Atmosphere

Breatheable mix
Temperature
Variable temperate-to-warm
Biosphere
Microbial life
Population
Hundreds of millions of inhabitants -- "Mu-miyah" -- post mortal race that subsists from populations of bacteria that maintain a semblance of life and cerebral activity. Small unifected population constantly hunted down as "Unclean", these human analogs are considered monsters to the diseased mummies that hunt them.
Tech Level
TL4

A savage holy war is raging on this world, either between factions of locals or as a united effort against the pagans of some neighboring world. This war might involve a conventional religion, but has devolved into two primarily two camps. The infected Mu-Miyah who overwhelmed the uninfected population of the world decades ago, and the uninfected who fight them as "Idolators who have never died for their purity."

Enemies:
  • Blood-mad pontiff
  • Coldly cynical secular leader
Friends:
  • Desperate peacemaker
  • Hard-pressed refugee of the fighting
  • Peaceful religious leader who lost the internal debate
Complications:
  • The targets of the war really are doing something diabolically horrible
  • The holy war is just a mask for a very traditional casus belli
  • The leaders don't want the war won but only prolonged
Things:
  • Sacred relic of the faith
  • A captured blasphemer under a death sentence
  • Plunder seized in battle
Places:
  • Massive holy structure
  • Razed community of infidels
  • Vast shrine to the martyrs dead in war

Most above information is cursory. Further probes with specific inquiries will be required. Population in this subsector cannot be ignored and may be the sweetest spot for life, by population, in the entire sector...

502209-Character%20Art%2C%20Digital%20Art%2C%20General%2C%20Portrait%2C%20Tau.jpg
manta_textured_perspective_HD.jpg

Taskforce Nebulus
1x Shas'El Commander (Marx) - (T'King of the K'Tang)
1x Manta Starship/Dropship (MANTA-042)
- 1x Mk. III Orbital Laser "The Hadron" (Innovative/Promising/Range 3)
2x K'Tang Battleships
1x K'Tang Cruiser
2x XV8 Crisis Suits
1x Earth Caste Taskforce (50)
1x Thraxian Auxiliary Force (100)
1x Gue'Vesa Auxiliary Force (100)
1x Vespid Auxiliary Force (100)
1x Simulacra Auxiliary Force (100)
1x Ya'Vala Mk. 1 Auxiliary Force (100)
2x K'Tang Punishifiers Auxiliary Force (200)

Savris Delta
Subsector 0404
-Turn V-

Orders

• A Unified Front

-Transmission Start-

A networked message pinged on the holodeck, giving way to the Warden's battle-scarred features.

"Shas'El Marx, this is the Warden. I'm sorry to interrupt any business you may currently have, but I was wondering if you could assist me with a couple of endeavours that I'm facing at the moment. You already heard my warning about the Stratified, and the planet I'm currently focused on has a Stratified AI, and knowing you, I think you may be interested. There's also a dormant robot army," the one-eyed Tau says with an audible smile, clearly trying to get Marx's interest.

Marx swivelled in his command chair, swiping reports of the scans that had just come in from subsector 0404. Equally battle-scarred as he was, his mechanical eye whirred and rotated as the Warden petitioned her case. His normal eye narrowed, the threads of interest forming in his mind.

"Commander, you seem to be a magnet for trouble. My engineers want to know if your luck could be weaponized." Inadvertently phrased as a joke, a few on Marx's bridge laughed under their breath - earning them a hard stare from their commander.

"I have seen the reports of 0605 and received your previous communications," He swiped a hand over the holodeck and the images shifted into a detailed star map of the subsector, numerous points of interest already highlighted and labelled, "...and have already drawn up the necessary plans. Observe."

The star map shifted again as a time-lapse. Simulated reports detailed Marx's mini-fleet jumping into 0605 with further flags representing the Stratus Defence Grid status. Under its status screen was one for the STRATUS-IV station and another for an entirely separate AI named 'Clippy'.

"I have recently acquired my own artificial intelligence. My lead scientist believes it should present enough of a challenge to disable Stratus and grant us access to their global defence systems."

The holodeck then changed again, zooming in on the planet of Chippe 1. Military installations and bunkers were highlighted, as well as all the other locations housing the deactivated droid army. Marx grunted and gestured at the information, "I can have the Earth Caste begin working on reactivation of the lost synthetic army, but it will only buy us little time to absorb Stratus."

The gruff commander stopped and pondered with furrowed brows for a moment, "I would recommend you to find more methods of delaying the Stratified advance. My ships will be used to protect you, but these resources are not ones to be sacrificed to your whims. Work swiftly, Warden."

"I have a couple of strategies of my own, Marx. My Water Caste will help me with both contacting key members of the Sakkra society and with spreading the Greater Good once we start our attack. Speaking of Greater Good, I do wish to specify one thing: Minimize casualties to the Sakkra. This planet has the potential to be astounding, a gem in the sector, and that can't happen if half the population ends up dead," the Warden's expression gets slightly colder. "There is a Slaan on the planet I will be contacting, they should help me with getting more Sakkra rebel leaders. If you can indeed hack the planets AI, our fight will be a whole lot easier, for most of the planets soldiers have equipment they've barely used. This subsector means a lot to me, and I hope you understand that I'm putting a lot of trust in you."

Marx nodded with an approving rumble, "Excellent. The Slaan have helped us before. Their witchcraft is a powerful force."

He gestured for an officer to relay an order before returning his attention to the holodeck. Markers for several major urban centres across Chippe 1 began blinking on the projection.

"Gaining control of Stratus will be my primary objective. I will send auxiliaries in addition to minimise damage to these population centres. With the army of synthetics reprogrammed, I believe the majority of the native population can be saved."

The Warden smiles, “I appreciate it, Marx, as does Taskforce Klaxon. Let it be known that once we are done with 0605, I will help you with 0404. You may be a great engineering mind, but you’ll need a diplomat’s touch to deal with things that are fleshy and non-metallic,” Kir’La chuckles. “Also, thank you for helping me banish the Bloodthirster, I know I thanked you before, but I felt obligated to do so a second time.”

Marx grunted again, brows raised with scrutiny as if sizing up his fellow commander’s abilities with just a glance, “That demonic-abomination presented a worthy target for testing my device. It was fortunate for us both that I could assist.”

With the flick of his hand the holodeck rippled the maps and reports away, leaving just the holo-Commander Kirla once more, “Your diplomats will prove efficient for the mess I have found in this subsector. If our enemies prove tenacious enough to outwit or overpower us, I would ask you to prioritise the safety of the Water Caste over Chippe 1’s inhabitants. Our resources should not be spread so thin they dissolve.”

The Warden gives Marx a cold glare through the holodeck, ”What I do with my Water Caste is none of your business, no matter if we are working together or not. We may be Taskforce Klaxon now, but my Victory mentality still stands. I will enlighten as many of Chippe 1 as possible, even if it’s at the risk of us. I promise you, Marx, we’ll get out of this, and I will help you, just don’t question it. For the Greater Good, for the Tau, for Paradise, I’ll see you soon Marx. Just remember this: That Hadron that you cherish so deeply, that you put so much time into, can consume so many things, it might even consume you. Warden signing off.”

Commander Marx scowled but otherwise did not comment on the matter, “Very well. For the Greater Good.”

-Transmission End-

Order Summary:
Jump to Subsector 0605
(1x Movement)
Scan Subsector 0605: "STRATUS-IV" & "Glork" Relic Ship
(2x Scanning)
Begin localised hacking of STRATUS-IV to seize the "Defence Grid Key" + all other systems
(1x Action + Clippy Mod)
Launch Simulacra & Guevesa Auxiliary Transports for Chippe 1 - Simulacra to take the form of Sakkra and protect major urban centres on under Tau leadership, Guevesa to provide support
(1x Action)
Transport Earth Caste Taskforce to Revive Robotic Warriors on Chippe 1
(1x Bonus Action + Clippy Mod)
Modifiers:
Clippy (Clippy Mod) - Assistance from the AI Clippy. Boosts any task/roll.
Grand Morale (Crew Mod) - Troops test twice against fear/terror/breaking and take the better result, and attack twice in the first round of combat.
(T'King of the K'Tang (Commander Mod) - Ruler of the K'Tang race, won through glorious single combat. May command the K'Tang.

Last edited:
Task Force Valkyrie

Order 1: Seige and Capture Amsterdam 8
Shas'el Naseur looked at one of the tokens the Dark Eldar gave him and then looked at the projected image of Amsterdam 8. He was deep in thought then sighed as he gave an order to the communications offer to establish contact with the Dark Eldar. He will redeem one of the tokens of favor and ask them for help in liberating Amsterdam 8 from the Tyrannid.

The Tyrannid, even disconnected from the hive, is still too powerful for him to take out without massive casualties. And he cannot afford massive losses right now. At the same time, he also gave orders for his mini-fleet to make battle preparations.

Order 2: Repair and Refit
Shas'el Naseur is confident that with the help of the Dark Eldar, they will be able to liberate Amsterdam 8. As such, he also gave orders to gather resources and begin preparations to eventually repair the Space Station once it is liberated.

Its old purpose was a fighter mass production facility and a drydock for massive vessels that carried those fighters. He intends to repair the fighter mass production facility and at the same time, refit the space station to be worthy enough to be a fortress. It will play huge importance as his forward operating base in this sector.

Notes: Bonus 17% on Earth-Case Actions
Note: Earth-Case is Empowered (Forgot the exact term but it was something like this) from resting

Crocodile Crocodile :

Actions
Move: Reposition in Asteroid Cluster for Hyperwave shielding.

There was cause for concern. The Asteroid cluster glimmered with bluish crystals, molecules of Silicoid crystal were leaving Iolos on hyperwave "tides" and creating a crust on some of the larger asteroids and in crevices on smaller asteroids. A major hyperwave band (of which mistrunner's manta was mostly shielded by the ice and rock masses in the asteroid cluster, but still persisted all around them) had begun to push the asteroid cluster into the gravity well of the Rosette...

...It was clear the Silicoids intended to spin the "infected" rocks past the massive gravity well and slingshot these new silicoid colonies out of the subsector.

Silicoids are classified as a "Lithophage" -- or "Rock disease" and alert level is escalated.

Probes: Place Communications Drone in geosynchronous orbit at the North Pole of Iolos to attempt to maintain communication efforts with Silicoids.

Probe above Iolos is destroyed by focused hyperwave bombardment and tearing or the extra-structure of the probe. "Black box" and many internal pieces of the probe could still be recovered, but the probe could not successfully communicate with the surface.

1: Demiurg will construct a Fabrication Base in the Asteroid Cluster to commence planning for dealing with the Silicoids.
2: Gue'Vesa will help provide labor for construction of Fabrication Base to free up Demiurg focus on the major aspects.

The Demiurg (with Gue'vesa help) built a spectacular fabrication base in the Asteroid cluster, cleansing what asteroids they needed that were contaminated with Lithophage and finding mother lode after mother lode of useful materials to fuel the fabrication bases rapid construction.

While the Fabrication base was unable to project it's power outside of the subsector, all technical undertakings could have their dice rerolled in this sector (but the 2nd roll would need to be taken) -- Ships Upgraded at the facility were awarded (dice bonus) upgrades on an experimental level but initial production was extremely impressive.

The Demiurg speculated that the facility could also had considerable numeric advantages on the next three project/patterns they decided to work with... after which it would still remain a solid upgrade, maintenance and fabrication station...

(Fabrication base has three "Project Keys" to spend, add to inventory as a resource. ship upgrades will be addressed on a case by case relative to the size and model of the craft)

Water: Water Caste will continue efforts to decipher Silicoids communications in the hope of trying to at least understand the beings.
The water caste would normally have failed this mission if not for the boons they had reaped in previous exchanges, and the critical nature of the crisis. They estimated will overwhelming focus and considerable stress and overwork -- a short decipherable exchange with one of the "heart clusters" of the silicoids was theorhetically possible.... the risk? If The silicoids attacked with hyperwave during this exchange, the water caste task force would almost certainly be wiped out. It was a risk all were willing, but none were excited at the prospect of taking... (can be attempted in scene)

"Primed" decriptor dissolves on a 3- roll on a d6. Please report results and make any adjustments accordingly.

Twist Twist :

The inside of the greenstone fortress was indeed semi, if not totally organic... The Tau Fireteam jumped from one chunk of inorganic matter to the next, keeping their feet above the line of slowly roiling digestive juices that spanned the ground as far as the eye could see. At seemingly random intervals, great ivory Batholiths fell and decended on chunks of whatever had been languishing in the belly of the beast before the Tau's arrival... a tremor-producing grinding resulting from any matter caught between them... Some crude form of mastication within the stomach of the great green fortress.

Action 1: Crisis Suits, Vespid, Gue'vesa and Galg Auxiliaries will look for any usable resources/equipment within the bowels of the beast for either repair of Manta 99 or for Taskforce's survival. (Temporary Resentment (Vespid) used if applicable)

Action 2: Fire Team will utilise and reverse engineer Tau/ Green Fortress probes to act as power sources for Life Support Systems as well as aid the former action.

The Vespid quickly learned they could not survive outside the Manta here... the acid dissolved in the "air" quickly perforated their wings as was especially effective at dissolving vespid chitin once fallen into the juices. After losing two scout teams, the Vespid were recalled. The Gue'Vesa were more effective -- but even given additional environment and life support gear repeatedly returned with extensive rashes and burns. The Gue'Vesa found an ancient Imperial (Human) Astronomic array that had been picked clean of valuable technology and all hands aboard had been digested except for a floating skull-machine that dully recorded time and watched the perimeter, and a handful of Barely working servitors stripped of flesh spending all their efforts maintaining each other... and occassionally adding to a small stockpile of crystal solid fuels -- likely their last living instruction by the long-dead crew of the array. The Fuel Crystals could be taken easily from these decaying machines... but perhaps there was a better use for them?
Luckily, it was learned that the Galg were strangely and perfectly suited for this alien environment. Their Osmosic layers were pleasantly cleaned by the acid in the environment, and the Galg could easily avoid the crushing batholiths with their sensitivity to vibrations.

The Galg set up as many probes as possible, creating "reserves" of terraformed stomach-scape where tau and other auxillaries could move and work... and from these grounds created crude roads clear of acid (by irritating the lining of the terrain to create areas elevated above the acid) so that the Tau and others could move and work more openly.
The Galg could sense, and eventually find tremendous iris-like sphincters in the ground and cieling of the digestive grounds -- if the manta could be restored to functioning the Tau could decide if they wanted to try to exit in either direction.

It was also quite fortuitous that nearly have of the sophisticated materials stripped from the manta were found in deep acidic "reclaimation pools" which seemed to sift the most technologically advanced materials and devices through the floor and less sophisticated items and alloys were broken down into not less sophisticated, but MORE sophisticated chemical compounds and alloys. 3 units of "Alien Chems" and 4 units of "Alien Solids" were found and recovered by the Galg.

But time passed and while the air got thicker and heavier from life support, The Tau began to notice signs of disease and inflammation as a result of their interventions. The Captain could only wonder what kind of "antibiotic response" they might incite or would incur if they stayed where they are. They needed to get out of here, preferably with aid from outside...

Right. Now.

More Batholiths burst through the floor and ceiling in ever greater numbers, and closer to the downed manta this time. If the Ship was crunched down on, it was likely already over -- the slow beginning to an even slower agonizing demise.

They had to escape... but how?

Kent Kent :

Order 1: Seige and Capture Amsterdam 8

The Dark Eldar were true to their promised effectiveness, if not to the letter of their word. The biomass on Amsterdam 8 was driven off of the station, the capillary ship and the majority of the gargoyle clouds fled with it. Amsterdam station was still infested with gaunts, but the dark eldar purged all signs of non-spacefaring tyrannids from the station, if not the system, in ways both efficient and cruel. The Hierarchical "Mind-node" Bioform evacuated to space with the capillary ship, and the dark eldar stopped chasing it once it left the sector...

one would wonder if these tyrannids would become lost in spacial storms or die out by themselves -- or if they would rear their heads in the subsector again...

Order 2: Repair and Refit

With Amsterdam 8 cleansed, the dark eldar vanished completely without discussion or even remark. The Fighter and Fighter-carrier/tender drydocks were claimed for the Tau and production by the earth case re-resumed immediately forthwith.
Kent Kent air and space forces gain "Close air Support ++" Descriptor, and player is able to construct fighter carriers and fighter tenders in the coming purchase menus.

TURN 5 Auxillary Random Events:

Kloudy Kloudy

GRAND MORALE WEARS OFF.

1x Thraxian Auxiliary Force -- Great news from Thrax: Auxillary unit was selected for in-vitro breeding back on the mantis-folk homeworld. With their genetic succession guaranteed, this unit gains your choice of "Fearless" or "Aggressively Suicidal" as a descriptor. With their genetic heritage guaranteed, these auxillaries no longer have any "F"s to give.

1x Gue'Vesa Auxiliary Force (100) -- Selected for Propaganda Duties: The Ethereals have selected these Humans to be representatives on other Gue'vesa worlds to encourage greater enthusiasm and numbers of humans in the military for the greater good. As such, this unit is considered "Absent" until the start of TURN 8. However, it returns with the "Decorated" descriptor, and gives "Grand Morale" to three other Gue'Vesa units of the commander's choice, as long as they belong to other players (Shining example)

1x Vespid Auxiliary Force (100) -- Revulsion at "The Other" : These Stingwings have developed a phermonally engendered hatred of non-tau forces. This will give them bonuses in combat, but if not exposed to battle to vent this aggression may cause diplomatic incident.

Simulacra Auxiliary Force (100) -- Cultural Acquisitions: Due to experience in the Delta sector these Simulacra have learned many cultural intricacies which make them diplomatically viable and valuable. If you wish to gain the Descriptor "Non Combatant" you also gain descriptor "Hospitality" -- which improves diplomatic relations to situations and problems to which this auxillary is assigned. If assigned to a water caste task force, that task force is 25% more effective.

Ya'Vala Mk. 1 Auxiliary Force (100) -- Return to "the Mother" -- the actions of local unbraked AI grant these robots a primitive but outspoken form of sentience. They wish to only work on/with/in defense of the Hadron (or any ship it is attached to) -- gains descriptor "Housebound: Hadron" -- severe penalties for taking them away from this place of origin.

2x K'Tang Punishifiers Auxiliary Force (200) -- "Stop Touching Me!! / I'm not touching you!" -- K'Tang have developed an insideously viral cultural habit of firing small cruise missiles at each other and proclaiming they're not touching each other. So mature. Repeated Repairs and upgrades are necessary to prevent them from damaging each other, and other races must keep a distance or be truly harmed in the salvoing the K'tang seem to need to fling at each other. Gain Descriptor: "Hardened: Explosives" but K'Tang units cannot work together with other auxillaries (only Tau) until Turn 8.

Cosmo Cosmo

Enoulian Auxillary Force (100) -- Tainted by Chaos : These Enoulians, partly powered by hatred of humanity and partly by presumed scrapes with chaos by the commander and a belief in something called "The blind eye of Terror" give This auxillary the descriptor "Chaos cultists" -- More cautious commanders suggest that the auxillary be liquidated immediately, while the more pragmatic officer might suggest the unit be "Spent" in a suicide mission before the cult behavior spreads or intensifies.

Kroot Auxillary Force (200) -- Status Quo : These Auxillaries have no special benefits or maluses befall them.

Tellerian Auxillary Force (200) -- Big Score : The Tellerians have pulled a clandestine heist, some of which they are inclined to share with the commander. You may gain THREE units of:
A) Imperial Indulgences -- Value unknown, but the Imperium take these as a form of "Atonement Currency"
B) Bittergems (little is known about these except that squats make beer out of them... when they can find them, that is)
C) "Lotsa Teef" (Ork currency)
D) Pure Biomass: Has healing properties, attracts tyrannids

Crocodile Crocodile :

Demiurg Auxillary Force (100) -- Bastion inspired: These units are inspired by the new arrival of a large cruiser added to the commanders fleet. You may either give them "Air Caste Affinity" Descriptor, enhancing Destroyer or small craft they are attached to, or Permanently attach them to the Bastion Cruiser making them "Crack boarding forces" (add descriptor)

Gue'Vasa Auxillay Force (200) -- Trade Police : These auxillaries for their involvement in the development in the Delta sector have become versed as customs and trade police. This gives them a bonus to searching operations and they roll a d6 every turn, on a 3+ they make a seizure of 1 unit of random contraband (determined by GM)

Kent Kent :

Elite Tallerian Auxiliary Force (300) -- Top Dog: The mightiest of these auxillaries has become a cult of personality all to themselves, with many Tallerrians swarming to their banner. You may double your Tallerian auxillary forces (to 600) or give existing Elites the "Fanatical" Descriptor along with "Rapid Replacements" Descriptor.
Demiurg Auxiliary Force [Miners] (200) -- Motherlode -- Each 100 Auxillaries can instantly be converted into a mining station at any sector in row 5 or higher. You lose the auxillaries but may gain VP, and logistical advantages as well as development/influence in the sector. If not assigned/used in this manner, give instead the "Rich" descriptor.
Jokaero Auxiliary Force [Culturally Accute] - (100) -- Status Quo: No event/effect

Twist Twist :

Human (100) : Lost to Chaos : This auxillary unit abandoned the Tau cause and becomes a warband of it's own (presently striking out on it's own inside the belly of the green fortress) -- contact with chaotic forces insinuated itself into this unit and it no longer serves the greater good. (Auxillary Lost)
Vespid (100)-- Heroic Rally -- Vespid auxillary swears increased fealty to the greater good and promises to see the commander out of the current disaster at hand. Unit gains "Heroic" Descriptor and grants this descriptor to any additional Vespid units.
Veteran Galg (200) -- Hyperadapted -- These galg have acclimated to the acidic environment of the Belly of the Green fortress and gain leaps of adaptability even beyond that. These Galg ignore terrain penalties and any complexities from environment (alien or otherwise) and get a bonus to fight in zero-G.

CamSkittle CamSkittle :

Que'Vasa (100) : Paragons -- Many individuals in this unit have distinguished themselves as protectors and promoters of the water caste. Attached to a water caste taskforce they are 100% more effective, and give a 10% diplomatic bonus to an attached Tau Taskforce, 20% if that task force is water caste.

Kroot (200) : Stir-Crazy: these units are no longer disrupted, and may not be disrupted in the future.

Vespid (100) : Evolution: These vespid gain 3 biological descriptors, at least one of them being the "Large" descriptor. In addition, all vespid under commander become "Fearless"

Cult-Burners: Status Quo : No change to auxillary.

TURN 6 is officially Open to posts!

Last edited:

Turn 6: An Expanded Dream​

Before the successful integration of Chippe 1, right after the successful evacuation of Dokuamo. Private operations deck of commander Kir'La, located beneath her private quarters, close to the emergency bridge on the spine of the manta where the ship has the best structural integrity.

Jin requests entry to this sanctum of Kir'La, bringing stacks of reports on inventories and populations and varying cultures of the Sakkra. She carries all these tome-like reports in a series of compu-tablets, but upon placing the information on her strategic holo-table, she unconsciously steps forward and takes Kir'La's fingers in her hand, and blushes tremendously for a split second before recovering her countenance and snapping to attention, though with her head slightly bowed and her eyes on Kir'la's chin... or perhaps her lips.

"I have completed my debriefings for the embassy defense debacle, Kir'La. It was very tense down there on the surface before you arranged extraction. I felt at any moment our... your vision -- of a bloodless operation could have vanished at any second... and feeling the weight of the safety of the entire Water Caste Taskforce, the stakes were too high to fail. It makes one... contemplative, commander."

"Your work was exemplary Jin, you did well under immense pressure few could've handled it properly. Also, it is OUR vision. I may be the Por'El of this taskforce, but all of us are working towards the same goal. You have been amazing in helping accomplish that, and for that, I do thank you." Por'El gives a smile and nods her head. "In fact, I wanted to reward you with something."

Jin stiffens slightly but again regains her composure, she tilts her head to the side, her dark hair falling off her shoulders and she unconsciously waves her hair away from her face blinking in surprise... her pulse quickens at this surprise, but she catches her breath. There is too much unsaid, and too little to hope for...

"I was thinking about the Death Jester we got from the Imperial Noble, and initially I thought we should try to wake them up and convince them to work with us. Thinking about how much can go wrong, I have decided to instead execute the Jester.....and give their equipment to you. It's highly advanced and it'll take time to train with, but you deserve the best." Por'El smiles with her teeth this time and comes in to hug Jin. "I couldn't be more proud of the work you do, Jin."

Jin's hands seize up when first embraced, but she quickly returns the affection, this small physical gesture being more than she could hope for, taking in the scent of Kir'La in returning the hug with genuine affection before she even processes what these gifts would mean... her excitement at the chance to use such powerful tools for the greater good, for the protection of Kir'La, is almost overwhelming. "I will begin training immediately, commander -- (ahem) -- once the necessary preliminaries have been dealt with. Are you sure such exotics are best placed in my control, commander? Is this what you see as the Greater Good?"

"Yes, in fact, I see no better person for them, you're the best candidate. Maybe Jta could've been but he'd probably try eating the gun." Kir'La chuckles. "I know you'll master it soon enough, and what you'll do for the Tau'va will be astounding."

Jin's eyes gleam with pride, and deeper within, hidden away, delight. she almost averts her gaze from Kir'La... it was unfamiliar to her to be bashful, but she felt very close to Kir'La in this moment, and her excitement was getting the better of her. Rather than look away... she locks eyes with Kir'La and takes her hand this time, meshing their fingers with her other hand... staring at Kir'La... praying, hoping, and searching for any kind of reaction. "When failure was so close, and death so near, I must confess commander that my thoughts kept returning to you, Sa'cea Eldi Kol Fu'Tol M'ont Mont'Dor Kir'La --" Jin fights to get any of her thoughts, her feelings, free, then catches herself. "I mean... Por'El Kir'La, commander. I talk out of turn... I should go."

"Before you leave, you don't need to use Por'El, Jin, and.....you mean a lot to me, I think of you like my right eye now that it's gone. You give me so much information and you're always reliable. I'll see you soon, Jin." Kir'La nods her head before returning to the reports Jin gave her.

Jin goes to take her leave, but stops at the door before it slides open and turns her head to look over her shoulder. She reflected on the exchange... wishing there had been more. She wondered about Kir'La, feared for her... it was said in classified reports that Chaos had... marked her. However Jinshi left as she was bidden to, she took with her concern for her close friend and superior, as well as what was rapidly growing from within that concern... care growing just a touch more than a protector should have for her Ward... and then a touch more again. the door slid shut behind Jin in the brightly lit hallway of the ship spine. Jin exhaled a breath that she felt like she was holding for centuries. Kir'La didn't take her breath away, she thought... Kir'La put it back... But her soldier's poise in the light of the hallway kicked in, and her excitement at her new gear to train with overtook her. She ran with excitement to the quartermaster to retrieve Kir'La's "Gifts" as quickly as possible.
As Kir'La stares out of the Manta and into Chippe 1, she still can't process what has truly happened. Not that long ago, a planet she put into saving all died due to Chaos forces, scarred her face, marked her for death, changed her goal. Now, she stands before a new planet under the T'au Empire, a planet inhabited by hundreds of millions of people now ready to serve the Greater Good. Kir'La cups her hand instinctly to where her right eye previously was. This is reality, she saved a planet. Thanks to the efforts of her, Marx, and both the Water and Earth Caste, Chippe 1 shall finally start to prosper, and Kir'La realizes the first step. She looks towards one of her Water Caste, diligently working on comms.

"I need to send a request to the Ethereals, which hopefully will be reasonable considering what has transpired."

"Yes Por'El! What will be the request?" He looks at Kir'La with wide eyes, the kind of look she once had towards her surperiors.

"I want to have a base on Chippe 1, what I call the "Tau Representative Complex". This complex will be the Sakkran's line to the greater T'au Empire, and I want it to be guidance for how to advance their technology, help with logistics, and to connect them with Tau trade routes."

"Writing request, Por'El, but couldn't we do that?" The Water Caste looks up to the Por'El, before suddenly flinching. "I-I didn't mean to challenge your-"

"Don't worry about it, it's a reasonable question," the Por'El smiles slightly, trying to soothe the communicator's nerves, "We are going to set up an observation post on Chippe 3, with a dual purpose of it being a bridge to the Ursine's relations, oh, and send in a request for an Earth Caste taskforce."

"I will ready orders to fellow Water Caste once I am done sending the request to the Ethereals." The comms agent starts to focus on his task, Kir'La nods her head and looks back to Chippe 1.

"You will be the gem of this system, Chippe 1....." Kir'La turns her head back towards the comms agent. "Can you also send a message to the Sakkran government to see if they can do a poll to determine what their planet name will be? Chippe 1 sounds too scientific."

"Noted, Por'El."
Kir'La wanders the Auxilary quarter's halls, checking in on the Vespids, Jack o' Trades, and the Gue'Vesa auxilaries. She looks around for Landon, who's usually sitting around in the mess hall chatting up the other auxilaries. When she checks, a Cult Burner tells her to check the gym. As she enters the gym, Landon locks a fellow Cult Burner in an arm hold, before they eventually tap Landon's arm. Landon picks the guy up and mumbles some advice to him, before noticing Kir'La.

"Ay! What do we have here? A diplomat in the gym? Should I send one of the Vespid guys to the comms station?" Landon laughs, along with the other occupants of the gym. "What do you need, Por'El Kir'La?"

"I was checking on the status of your men, and also to tell you that you will be helping my diplomats on Chippe 3."

"I read the reports, we're ready to protect you, even if it's against psychic whales. Speaking of protection, want to learn some self defense, Por'El?"

"Self defense? Like hand to hand?"

"I know, I know, the Tau typically prefer to stick with long-range combat, and it's definitely highly efficient, but it's always good to have a last resort. Come on, I won't hurt you." Landon gives a grin, the auxiliaries excited for a possible agreement.

"....sure." The auxiliaries around her cheer, gathering in a circle.

"Ok, so first, get into a stance. I prefer a wider stance, knees slightly bent, get my back straight, and then get my arms in position." Landon gets into the stance as he says the steps, Kir'La trying to emulate them, but her legs go to wide and she almost loses balance.

"Feet positioning is very important. Not to far apart, not to close. Easy to trip up if done wrong. Try again."

Kir'La tries a couple of times, before getting a close enough stance. Landon suddenly pulls her arm. "Have to watch out, can't get too unatten-"

Kir'La swipes her leg against Landon's left again, sweeping him to the ground. "Like that?" The auxilaries cheer before Landon grabs her and gets her to the ground. Landon chuckles "Yeah, LIKE THAT!" before giving a massive laugh.

Kir'La stays a bit longer, getting more pieces of information about Gue'Vesa sparring. She leaves, sweaty but satisfied with the experience
Kir'La exits the auxiliary quarters and walks towards the arboretum for Shaper Draktab Jta. The arboretum is a modest but well laid out structure filled with plants and wilds both familiar and alien to the Tau, with areas similar to the habitats of many auxiliaries. She enters with reports of what happened on Chippe 3 in her hand. She looks around for Jta, a concerned look on her face. "Draktab? I need to speak with you."

A guttural groan fills the top of the arboretum when Chippe 3 is mentioned... almost echoing throughout the chamber. High in the canopy of Tau and Alien trees, the bounding of a large beast could be heard closing in on her. A shadow passed over her causing her to turn around quickly... before suddenly she noticed, a moment too late, that Draktab was actually behind her. In the shadow of the overgrowth, she could only sense him and the heat of his breath in time with the trickle of the nearby river.

"It's not something the Kroot wish to talk about. Read the reports. They get inside your mind, like you are watching yourself think. We knew what was going to happen, so we all drew lots. Half of us strapped ourselves to something solid, and half of us wired all our grenades and explosives on a long fuse and watched ourselves wade into that creature's mouth. The Kroot didn't know what they were facing, but in those final moments, those Cetaceans knew they were facing their own deaths. The Kroot weren't eaten, Boss... the Kroot made a sacrifice in the heat of the moment to prove they were not easy prey." The fibers of Draktab's muscles seemed to creak as he stretched to his full height and broadness... his new dermal plating, acquired from consuming Sakkran flesh, almost camouflaged him in the half-light of the simulated wilds. "I had hoped you would instead make mention of my Kauruva, but to ask about the bravery of my people is also fair."

"I was going to get to that poem afterward. I just wanted to check in on you. Even though your Kroot gladly participated in the eating of the Sakkran oligarchs, what you and the auxiliaries went through on Chippe 3..... I just wanted to make sure that you're doing all right." Kir'La looks Jta up and down, never having seen him in such a hunter-like state, blushing a bit despite the somber tone in her voice. "I also wanted to let you know that Shas'El Marx and I are currently working on a long-term solution on Chippe 3, so the Ursine don't have to worry about being hunted. Moving on from Chippe 3......your poem. Would you like to......explain?"

Draktab swirled his black tongue inside his sharp beak and crouched from his overbearing posture closer to the ground, at hip level to Kir'La. Fully taking him in, she saw that he wore little more than a loincloth and a knife... but she could tell he was taking in her outline, her scent, all of her with each breath he took. He grabbed a handful of earth from the ground of the arboretum, grinding it in his hand to separate the alien grass. "Where words fail the Kroot, we often use pictures of words... metaphor. Now I hold this ground in my hand. It is pure. Life and Purpose come from it. When I stand upon this I am great and terrible, and without this soil, I would float without purpose, yet I long to hold it in my hands. To know its power, and to share from it its secrets. It is fertile and though you would think it is contained, its very nature is wild and free. Who do you think I liken to my terra firma? Can you see my picture in your mind?"

He places the dirt between Kir'La's feet and clenches and unclenches all of his talons. a great gust of air escapes his cavernous torso... reminding Kir'La that she is not just in the presence of a confusing would-be poet, but indeed in hands reach of a very real monster."The Lizards are you and I, of course, and the Lizard that is me proclaims that you are as covetable, as succulent and desirable, as the flesh of the Sakkra you willed unto me," some kind of heady pheromone seems to emanate from Draktab Jka, glands under his shoulderblades releasing a kind of intoxicating sweat.

Kir'La's one eye widens, and her face entirely blushed. She stares into the eyes of Jta, the Shaper, the hunter. She let out a large breath, trying to keep any form of composure. "S-succulent and desirable? Are you......flirting with me, Jta? I'm....new to romance, so I just want to make sure." She takes in the pheromone, on the verge of being overwhelmed.

"Flirt is not a word in my culture, Kir'La, the word I would use is "Kroxatoxbrakkikurdi" which in Kroot culture means that we may share "a look that without words is shared by two people who want to initiate something, but that neither will start." It is a special time for the Kroot right now, Something called "The Feed of Intent." During this time you must be brave in the face of what you otherwise might ought not to do... and with you I wish. There is a long pause before he places an impossibly heavy claw on Kir'La's shoulder. "To take what I want. Have we shared this glace, my pearl of price? Tell me I am not lost to illusion, that you feel my heart beating too?" Jta's heart pounds like a violent piston... a machine barely restrained pulsing beside her in the shadows. his eyes glean like a predator in the darkness of the undergrowth, willing her to follow him someplace quiet.

"Jta.....would.....you even want to be with me? Because....we can't....you know, make offspring." Kir'La stutters out, still staring at Jta.

"There is much that you do not know about my Culture. Many shapers already cannot have offspring, pearl of price, we have reached our own genetic dead ends, the darkest fear of our people, and instead, we guide the bloodlines of our Kin in that which we can never hope to possess, so that the rest of our race will not suffer as we have. I have long since divorced myself from the thought of offspring. I want to share blood and water with you, Kir'La. You are mighty. You are strong, It would feel good to feel such strength beneath me." Jta narrows his eyes as he lays a second claw on Kir'La's other shoulder, his force is deliberate but yielding, dragging her down, but constantly seeking her consent to take her down with him. "I wish to hunt you, and in turn be hunted, to know your power. I know like me we are kin to horror and death, yet still can embrace the pleasures of this universe, to make things better, and find beauty in the void. I want to know you in secret ways, and share with you my deepest strength and the depths of the endurance I would spend to exhaustion on an altar of your flesh. Do not turn your tiny heart from mine, Great lord of battle, shining star, and flower of youth, but instead embrace me. Let us both will it."

Kir'La puts her hands on Jta's chest, and moves her head in closer. "I have commanded you for quite a while now, can you do the same for me?" Kir'La kisses the side of Jta's beak.

His strength is upon her now, pressing and exploring that strength, and searching and matching her resistance... a dark laugh emanates from the center of his being, his broad torso flaring in some kind of mysterious and compelling mating ritual. Jta places his reverse jointed foot behind Kir'La's back, pushing in a sort of dip, or dance for her to lay back into, to submit to him. "I have commanded your warriors in your stead, and I have executed your will a thousand times without question, as I have executed your enemies and the obstacles of your cause. I want to ask you to surrender to me only this once. Let me overcome you, Kir'La, and in doing so, show you all the pleasures you deny yourself in the grace that veils what I know to be your animality." Jta pushes harder, rocking her head back and returning her small kiss with his own hissing pecks. "You are my Pech, my world, and within you I seek to find a home. In your tongue..." he paused, searching for her tongue to 'flirt', as she would say, with his. "Kir'La, my Hot Blood flows in you. Let me command you. Kneel in the soil with me."

Kir'La's eye sparkles in a way it never has, like she's in a dream. "You can command me, Shaper Draktab, for today, I kneel to you." Kir'La kisses and "flirts" with Jta's tongue.

A strange gentleness belies Jta's strength as they lay in the heady mix of pheromones and the sweet perfume of the wild flowers, unseen in the darkest reaches of the arboretum, Jta drags Kir'La to the heart of darkness, and where she can see nothing, but feel everything, as he begins his ravishing mating dance. With all his power there hides a gentleness, with all his force he coaxes her deepest consents.

*fade to black*

The two of them lay down in the foliage of the arboretum, looking up to the ceiling, both feeling quite exhausted. Jta looks towards Kir'La, observing the pearl he has gained. Kir'La is lost in a new thought, a new dream. A planet filled with foliage, life, the wild seeming to expand infinitely, and in it, civilized Kroot. She looks towards Jta, giving him a huge smile and a twinkle in her eye.

"I think I have a new idea, one involving the Kroot."

"Whatever you want me to do I shall-"

"Not just you, but involving you. I'm going to get.....a Warsphere."

"A Warsphere? Do you want me to lead a ground invasion, Por'El?"

"Yes....but that won't be its only purpose. Once those Kroot and your Kroot get enough nutrition and traits....you shall inhabit a planet, turn it into a proper Kroot world."

"That is a worthy goal to chase after, and I shall help you reach it, for you will succeed for as long as I work with you." Jta moves closer to Kir'La, arms around her.

"I know, we won't fail, Jta. We shall make a Kroot utopia, a gem for history."
VP Menu- Earth Caste and Kroot Warsphere
Probe 0304
1. Use Ethereal point to build a Tau Representative Building on Chippe 1, to act as a logistics and trade hub for the planet
2. Use Water Caste to build observation post on Chippe 3, to build relations and understanding with the Ursine population and to assist Marx by studying psychic patterns (far enough away from the shore)
Free Action- Assist Marx if they engage with Stratified fleets

Taskforce Mistrunner
Turn 6

Por'El Tradeflow.jpg

OPERATION GRAND SLAM

Operations were ongiong in the asteroid field. The Fabrication Plant was fully operational and now the time had come to start the serious work. Thankfully it would seem that certain requests put in had been met before they had arrived in system. A Bastion, anchoring two Orcas to itself for FTL travel had arrived. Sha'El Mistrunner was pleased to see the massive cruiser and its Demiurg crew arrive. He had immediately allowed Elder Voidsmith and his Auxilliary to join with the vessel as Elite Boarding Crew. The Demiurg had been reliable and gained experience with him. Now they could work with the far larger contigent of crew to use their vessel's facilities to greatly improve his plans. The meeting was called.

Various figures mustered in the room with Shas'El Mistrunner again at the head of the table as various schematics and holograms came up. The others were looking at them and there was a low chatter before a chime sounded for silence and attention. The Tau, Gue'Vesa and Demiurg present all turned to the Shas'El with rapt attention.

"As many of you know, there is a greater menace out there. The Orehammer brought news with it of the Stratified invasion. We will be joining that fray, after we deal with this far more insidious threat to Sector Security. Por'El Tradeflow, if you please?" Mistrunner asked as he gestured towards the Water Caste Diplomat.

"We have continued to try to engage the Silicoids. They are openly hostile to any communication device and while we could attempt to engage... Shas'El Mistrunner and I have come to the conclusion that the effort would simply be suicide for our diplomatic contingent. Logistical assessment of the area proves this subsector is too valuable to abandon. The Silicoids are also using it to launch their 'spawn' off in asteroid towards other systems. This likely means they area foreign invader or at least an invasive species. I have signed off on the unfortunate plan to proceed with the extermination of this population cluster," Tradeflow said solemnly as he taps a command to present his seal as Diplomat for this taskforce.

"There you have it. Assessment from military and logistical channels suggest a need to terminate what we now must consider an infestation. The species is likely intelligent on some level, even if only from the perspective of a hive species. They are invasive and attempting to spread. This is a danger to the settlement and expansion of this sector into a new Sept. It also is a danger to previous and future Septs as this species show no desire to engage in communication," Mistrunner said with a frown as he made the decision.

"So how are we doing this, lad?" Elder Cragstar asked calmly as he looks over at the Shas'El. He'd take charge as the master of the Demiurg Cruiser Orehammer. "My clan is ready to get to work. Your own Demiurg did a great jobs with the others to get this Fab Plant ready, but now you've got a full Bastion and crew to get this done."

"We're going to repurpose a number of asteroids. They'll be reinforced and shielded to endure the attacks of the Silicoids with their lightning and hyperwave methods. From there we will conceal the resonance devices inside them. The Silicoids will be more focused on trying to avoid the impacts to not realize the true purpose of the asteroids. The resonators won't even activate until impact or their dead-man switch timers trigger," Mistrunner said as the desings were all being enlarged for review.

"Its a brutal approach, but a Kill Blow is required here. The Silicoids must be wiped out or weakened for bombardment. I've got our Gue'Vesa Auxiliaries ready to help as well. This system has to be cleared especially to support the incoming Stratified invasion. We will commence operations."​

Bonuses
Flat 25% bonus to all diplomatic dice rolls for rest of game.

"Primed"
(Bonuses/rerolls if used on offense) -- May wear off if not applied.

Trade Police : These auxillaries for their involvement in the development in the Delta sector have become versed as customs and trade police. This gives them a bonus to searching operations and they roll a d6 every turn, on a 3+ they make a seizure of 1 unit of random contraband (determined by GM)

Bastion inspired: Permanently attach them to the Bastion Cruiser making them "Crack boarding forces" (add descriptor)

"Hardened vs. boarding" -- this descriptor will not wear off, new practices and fortifications for the Manta are established to maximize cost of invasion of the Manta, and minimization of loss of territory and personnel. Ship forces fall back to increasingly concentrated hardpoints, venting life support from areas retreated from to force advance or retreat.​

Probe:
Sweep system for best approach vectors for Asteroid Attack (Operation Grand Slam)

Actions:
1: Gue'Vesa will assist the Demiurg Bastion/Fabrication Facility for Operation Grand Slam
2. Demiurg Bastion /Fabrication plant will generate as man Kill Asteroids as viable and set them on the trajectories for planetary extermination of Silicoids (Operation Grand Slam)
Expending one PROJECT KEY on Operation Grand Slam

Water Action:
-Water Caste will run logistical data to catalogue and select most suitable asteroids for Operation Grand Slam to maximize outcome and potential.

Stratified Event:
-Taskforce Mistrunner will move in support of Shas'el Marx against their selected Stratified Fleet target if possible.​

Fire-Warrior-2.jpg

Turn 6

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

Neemva paced back and forth on the brig of her Manta. Authorization of larger ships had been given, but, for now, she kept her manta. Soon enough, she'd have to move to a larger vessel to deal with the 'Stratified', but she disliked leaving tasks unfinished, so she would do so once Carrizc was part of the Tau Empire. The plan to achieve this was.. desperate, bold and unlikely to work without fail, but what else was new? None of her operations had gone to plan, but few things ever did. But that was part of the hunt, and Neemva was patient. Still, the Enoulians had greatly disappointed her. They had such skill, she had invested time and equipment into them, and they now whispered in the dark, ready to bite the very hand the fed. However, covert as they were, she felt somewhat safe in the knowledge that both of the Tellerians were just as adept in the dark [Covert] and would be able to keep an eye out for any sabotage, and if the Enoulians made a move too early, well, her Kroot would feast. It was regrettable, but it seemed the Enoulians would need to be disposed of during the battle of Mila 5. An unwanted, and unnecessary, risk to an already dangerous operation, but one that had to be dealt with. Why anyone would worship 'Chaos', and abandon the light given by the Ethereal, was beyond her, but their choice had been made and there was nothing to do but watch events unfold as they would.

The dark blue woman stopped to look at her reflection in the window, the steely faced Tau staring back at her looking for more confident then she felt. She had failed the Greater Good already, and this task was growing larger then anticipated, she couldn't help but wonder if the Ethereals regretted giving her this chance at redemption, that they didn't put a more accomplished commander, perhaps a member of the water caste, in charge instead. No matter. What would happen. Would happen. She would redeem herself and regain her honor, or she would not, and she would die in this sector. Either way, her fate was not hers to control... If victory was achieved, she would hand herself over to the Ethereals. The Enoulians worship the Blind Eye of Chaos, she bore the Blinded Eye, perhaps she was tainted by whatever chaotic forces were out there, not that she truly understand it even when given the classified information.

If, when this was over, she must pay with her life so that the Tau'va could be secure, then she would pay it. But, hopefully, after she had delivered this sept.

≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡ ≡≡≡≡≡

Shas'El Vior'La Nem'Sha [Fire Commander from the Vior'la Sept, title: The Defiant]
- Stryxis short list, Blinded Eye of Chaos
1 Manta Starship/Dropship (Base of Operations)
1 Crisis Suit
Fire Caste Taskforce (50)

- "Tandem -- Gue'Vesa"
Enoulians Auxiliary Force (100)
- Covert, Code Red, Blooded, Chaos Cultist
Kroot Auxiliary Force (100)
- Excited, Spoil-Hungry, Endurium Melee Gear, "Roly Poly" (Bonus to charge and retreat), Subdermal plating, Blooded, Heavy Armor
Kroot Auxiliary Force (100)
- Excited, Spoil-Hungry, Endurium Melee Gear, "Roly Poly" (Bonus to charge and retreat), Subdermal plating, Blooded, Assault
Tellerian Pirate Looters (100)
- Blooded, Covert, Covert Looters
Tellerian Pirate Looters (100)
- Blooded, Covert, Covert Looters
Drones/Probes

Current Location

Movement
Move to 0500

System Survey
Send probe to 0401

Actions
1. Open a communications channel with Viconius Bhehet, Master of the Xhivlis Forms, on planet Carrizc

2. Once Carrizc is secure, rebuild Chia mining station and deposit the saved miners to it so they can resume their profession under the Tau Empire.

Bonus Actions
Bonus Fire Caste Deployment

Battle of Mila 5 [Massive boarding lightning strike operation. Will be tied into Action 1].

Miscellaneous Rolls Needed:
Two Tellerian Looters [Covert Looters] tribute something special to the commander [80+ on D100]
(I have 200 Discovery points, so if either of the two rolls is close, let me know! I may spend some discovery to push them into a pass)​

Lon Retheks...

/̵̗͈̺́ṋ̵̫͋̌͑̏s̷͍͚̱̦̿̓̈́͑̀̿̔̀̕3̸̡̛̖̳̝̼̱̆͗͛̏̓̾̉r̸̘͇̒̂̔t̷̜̩̳̃͑̔̈́͂͆̊ Naq/Lon Naq....

----------

Lok Naq....

R̷̠̩̬͕̿̑̈́͋3̷̯͖̜̤͍̪̱͔̌̀̉͊̕a̸͈̹̙̓̀ͅP̶̡̪̙̬̺̹̉̋̒̃͆̊̓̽/̶̧̱̙͚̿͗̽͊̊̔̕͘n̵̡̤͚̪͕͌̈́9̸̢̟͇̦̀....
---------

An/Ihs....

------

Decryption Successful...

Displaying Message.....

Tau'va Por'Sral Kor'Rua Report
Recorded Location....
Scanning......
Scanning.....
Error....
Unable to Determine Location....
Loading Stored Data....

Registered Forces
Shas'Saal Ke'lshan Alesh...
Searching.....
Downloading...
2 Crisis Suits......
1 Tau Fire Caste Taskforce....
50 Registered Personnel.....
Searching......
Downloading....
3 Auxillary Taskforces...
400 Registered Personnel....
Searching.....
Cross-sectioning by Species.....
Human....
Downloading....
Vespid....
Downloading....
Galg.....
Downloading....
Commander's Log found....
Open [Y/N].....
Opening....
Error....
Program Timeout....

Opening in new window....

Commanders Bzzzt... L0g
3rr0r Bzzt... En1ry

"They've taken up position by the Astronomican Array Commander. It seems they're building a temporary command post with the help of the Servitors"

Alesh motioned for the Magnoculars, his comrade in arms dutifully doing so. From their perch on the roof of the Manta, the Commander could just see the Gue'Vasa moving about in the distance as they worked. With many of them on watch, only a handful seemed to help the Servitors with their attempts at construction. Amongst the group of Gue'Vasa, a large lithe shape gesticulated and barked orders, pointing here and there, a rail rifle on her back.

Alesh's rail rife.

Clenching his jaw, the Commander watched as his former student and protégé, Gue Die Anna lead her band with malignant and unknown motive. "What do you think they are doing sir?" asked the young soldier lying beside him.

"I cannot say but I believe they are trying to get the Astronomincan Array working..."

"What would those traitors to Chaos want with a working array...?"

The Tau's question was met with a gaze from Alesh that could melt the hull off Manta 99 just as easily as the stomach fluids it found itself with at this very moment. "WE DO NOT KNOW THAT!" he snarled. "Those are loyal men and woman that served the Greater Good for many tours over there! Each one as dedicated to it's cause as you and I once .. are ... so I will not have you disgrace their good names by branding them as such!"

A tremor from above pulled Alesh from his tirade. Rolling on to his back the Fire Commander and pulled out his sidearm and aimed at the ceiling, his fellow Fire Case following suit. An uneasy few moments trickled by as the pair waited for the batholith to fall but there was nothing.

There was a buzzing of wings from behind them, as a Vespid flew beside them. "We're okay. Just a false alarm." assured Alesh.

The Vespid hissed in understanding before taking off nearer the ceiling and circling the area of the rumble. Within moments he flew back towards Manta 99, screeching at his fellows his findings, the group of Vespid and Crisis Suits marking down the time and location.

There was a sigh of relief from the young Tau beside Alesh, an action that quickly had the infuriated Commander order him out of his sight. Slamming his fist on to the metal of the Manta, Alesh holstered his sidearm. Rolling on to his belly, the Commander looked back through his Magnoculars watching his former brothers and sisters in arms go about their work.

This foray had changed everything for the Fire Commander and his taskforce. For the Galg under his command the change was easily apparent, the acclimated auxiliaries finding themselves quickly adapting to their new environment while the loyal men and woman of Gue'Vasa had abandoned their indoctrinated ideals to strike out on their own, a feeling that Alesh at present found benumbingly understandable. For the Vespid there had been no dramatic change, only a renewed loyalty to their ideals but for their Commander, he found himself increasingly lost.

Every absent moment the same words whispered in his mind, that something lurks behind the material, and with every cycle he remained trapped here, the truth that the Ethereal's had been lying to them all, pulled at his very soul. Something had to be done to free them from this place, he needed to get his men out of here lest he doomed them with his disarray.

All of his men.

Throwing down the Magnoculars, Alesh moved towards the side of the ship. He could not wait any longer for word from the Galg scouting party.

Sliding down from the hull of the Manta, Alesh moved towards the warbands encampment.

Action 1: Fire Team will approach the Auxiliary Warband in attempts to from a truce so both parties may survive and hopefully escape the Green Fortress.

Action 2: Galg auxiliaries will attempt to find a means to allow the taskforce to take over the Green Fortress by travelling up the ceiling sphincter (Control Hub, Brain (?))(David Protocols Hyperadapted keyword used)

Bonus Military Action: Galg, Crisis Suits and Vespid will attempt to buy more time by destroying the encroaching batholiths (Relentless/Temporary Resentment (Vespid)/ Heroic keyword used if applicable). Floating skull-machine/ Timekeeper will be used to measure timing and rate of appearance to aid in the effort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back