• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Project X12 [superpower roleplay]

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

So I've been working, but my schedule slowed down a bit today where I can work on my character for this today. If I don't have her up before the night is out since I'll be at my jobs until midnight, she will definitely be up tomorrow afternoon.

Still accepting characters, but stay tuned for a "character relationships" thread/a list of the current accepted characters within the next hour or so. Trying to put it together now but getting distracted as I watch "The Incredibles" for the millionth time in preparation for the new one lol.

Here it is!

Last edited:
Ari Ari From tomorrow until Tuesday I'm not going to be able to post if the rp begins - don't wait for me, Ella can be at a park if the rp begins while I'm away.
I might be able to talk in the ooc, but I can't promise anything... >-<

Ideally, I'll make the first post for this late tonight or tomorrow evening, so please try to finish up WIPs by then : ).

The IC is posted, and I'm excited to see some posts : )!

The opening scene is them moving into the abandoned building that they'll be calling home now. They've been in New York for about two days now (I'm thinking they probably pooled whatever money they had into renting some cheap motel room and piling in), but Sal just made a deal with someone to let them stay in this abandoned building until further notice. The address for the building is 25 W 118th St, New York, NY 10026, so for anyone familiar with NY, it's in the Harlem neighborhood, and the address might be useful if you want to reference landmarks so you know how far it is from where they're staying.

The building that they're staying in will be the Gowanus Batcave. It's kind of a historical site (was actually recently renovated or is in the process of it, I think, but we're going to pretend like that isn't happening), and it's actually located in Brooklyn, NY, but for the sake of this RP, we're going to pretend it's at the address listed above lol. It's a really cool space and I highly recommend Googling it to see more pictures/read about it to familiarize yourself with the space.

This is going to be a pretty character-driven story, so I'm excited to see what you guys come up with. Please post or message me with any questions.

Cure, Destructus, and Girl2Fine2, you're accepted.

Woopsy daisy, I didn't know this started. I'll try and get up a post today

Whew, more people decided to tear into Calm than I'd thought. He was only saying what everyone else was saying~ ^u^;;

;D I think his cockiness just made it come off in a more obnoxious way than the others lol. It’s okay though ;) I’m sure they’ll all eventually grow to love each other.

I appreciate all of the posts so far, and thank you guys for pointing out what I may have missed in the intro, in terms of the fact that they aren’t forcing anyone to stay with the group. Given the point of the story though, we’re working under the impression that it’s basically impossible that anyone would make it out there on their own... if for no other reason than that they’d literally spend their entire lives alone. Even if they created a false identity (which they probably have now - fake IDs and all), it would be impossible for them to ever pass a background check, get fingerprinted, etc, and on top of that, the government is hunting them down. I imagined that they’re probably actually close on their trail (only Sal would have known those few times they came close - and they would have abruptly moved following it). On top of that, they have no money, no family to go back to (because it would definitely put themselves and likely their family in major jeopardy), and possibly most importantly- many of them have very little experience living in the outside world. Education probably didn’t stem past an eighth grade level if that (though I did imagine there would have been a library accessible to them, so a few may have self-taught more advanced things). But yeah, so whether anyone thinks they can survive or not on their own, they truly wouldn’t be able to live a real life. Obviously some may act like they can though ;D which is fun. Gotta have some characters like that ;) . But yes, I just wanted to explain that because I feel like I didn’t make that clear. Long story short, I’m loving the posts and will post for Tori tonight! We have an interesting dynamic so far for sure :)

Considering Azaria wouldn't get out of his cell much more than an hour a day likely. He probably binged books. Likely how he kept what little sanity he has now. XD.

So he's the type that's book smart, with no common sense.

Yeah, as a writer I wouldn't take it to heart anyways, so no worries there. His personality is a bit more complicated than what the others see of the surface, though he does struggle to properly express himself a lot.
Calm is definitely someone who thinks he could make it on his own, but he still has his reasons for staying.

In terms of what he's been doing, he's been locked in his room for a while plotting his escape, which involves hurting people and destroying structures. He'll have read up on the human physiology (such as vulnerable place to target) and construction/architecture (for the same reason). He's good at breaking and building things, basically, and probably has potential to learn medical care as well.

Awesome, awesome : )! He's a character for sure, @Destructus, and it sure beats him being a boring stick in the mud ;D. Keeps the story lively lol.

For obvious reasons, they wouldn't have kept many top-knowledge type of books in the library, but I guess it's common sense when it comes to what you'd expect to find in a top security prison that purposely wants to keep its prisoners weak and knowledge-less, but I'm thinking that they'd all probably have time, a few times a week, to go to the library there.

And as a side note to everyone: if you want, feel free to say Tori pushed your character to read/tried to tutor some of the other kids throughout their time in X12. I definitely see her as that type lol.

As always, just a general reminder that I stated from the beginning, if you're looking at your character and thinking: "hmmm, well, they would have been strong enough to break out of that prison", then they're too strong for this roleplay. Not something that I think we're having a problem with, but just wanted to throw that reminder out there, because in my history of supernatural RPs, you always eventually get that one character who godmods and kind of makes it not fun for anyone else.

I figured the group would walk upon the CVS on the corner. I assumed that's also what a_writer was getting at since they turned left, and maybe Moon as well since they mentioned a convenience store. It's about a 5 minute walk from the building, but I will still wait to post until some others at the building post just bc it's been like 30 seconds lol and idk if the actual shoplifting bit will even take that long, so I don't want it to seem like they made it back in a few seconds when everyone else back home has barely moved

Guys,

I'm incredibly sorry, but I'm going to have to step away from roleplaying for a few weeks. I had a major event in my family happen yesterday, and simply put, the stress from it is going to have me out of commission for a while :(. If someone wants to take over GMing this, please feel free. Again, I'm so sorry. I didn't see this coming and wouldn't leave this unless it was necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back