• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Project Unity (Harry Potter)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

fancries1

i was gone and now I’m back
Project Unity

Plot
PLEASE DO NOT POST HERE UNTIL THE RP BEGINS!!

The Wizarding War took the world by storm, destroying everything in its path and leaving a long and dark trail of suffering behind. In its aftermath, it did what the magical world had feared since the beginning of time: expose the reality of all magical beings to those with no magic. The consequences were insufferable, leading to new conflicts between both worlds. It was chaotic. Persecution rose from both sides; muggles using their weapons to attack wizards in fear of their powers and wizards retaliating with magic of their own. Fearing a bigger and bloodier war, wizarding schools from around the world allied with muggle academies to propose a school year unlike the others. For an entire year, students from the 11 most notorious wizarding schools and muggle schools would share classes, living spaces and dorms with muggles around the world, in hopes the project (project unity) would serve as an example of the possibility of harmony between muggles and wizards.

With Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry being chosen for the project, made small groups of 12 students depending on age, in order to make sure students from different schools would spend time together. These groups would live, eat, and study together. Living together is mandatory. Living peacefully, however, is an entirely different subject.

With the defeat of every dark lord comes the rise of a new one. With the same ideas of magical supremacy, the new foe spreads his or her ideas anonymously through popular wizarding newspapers, rallying people and gaining momentum before making their identity public. On the other side, outspoken muggle politicians have also expressed their hatred towards the "hellish" magical beings. With a new war on the horizon and the lives of millions at stake, one can only hope project unity isn't the disaster it has been brought up to be.
--
This will be a very character-driven story that focuses on the characters, their struggles, and how much they learn from each other. Keep this in mind when discussing character relationships. When making your character, please keep in mind that this rp takes place shortly after the war. Your character was most likely affected by it, and how they deal with the aftermath of the war with greatly affect the rp.

There's no much information regarding Ilvermorny's rules and the area that surrounds it, so I will be creating an index for all important locations and school rules. If there is a special place you would like our characters to explore, don't hesitate to tell me. I value everyone's ideas and will take them into consideration. The main reason I chose Ilvermorny is because it allows for some creativity and variety when it comes to the setting, after all.

I would really appreciate if you could invite the ones who you think would enjoy this rp to participate. Remember I will be accepting people into the discord chat before they create their characters in case you guys wanna talk or plan some character interactions or relationships.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Rules
1. No mary or gary sues. Remember I can reject any character if I find them to be flawless.

2. No Godmodding.

3. Try to post at least once a week. I'll understand if you can't, but please tell me and the others if you cant post for whatever reason. I understand real life always comes first and wont be angry.

4. I will be accepting only 12 characters originally, 6 wizards and witches and 6 muggles. This might change in the future depending on how many people are interested.

5. You can play a canon character or someone related to a canon character, but please inform me first.

6. You can only play one character. However, if your character has a sister/friend/lover whatever that you would like to add to the rp as an NPC, I will allow you to make their character sheet. Keep in mind that other characters will also be able to interact with NPCs. You may also create NPC teachers and other adult characters.

7. I will create a discord chat for the rp- please let me know if this is a problem to you (don't worry, I won't get mad if you do and it won't affect whether I accept you or not)

8. At least 1 paragraph per post.

9. Your character can be a vampire, or a werewolf, or a veela, or whatever. But you need to explain why they got these qualities in their backstory. (Bonus points if you include how it has affected them).

10. This is not a first come first served rp. I will be setting up a deadline for characters to be finished and the ones that are accepted will be able to stay. (Again, I might let characters outside the main 12 person group stay depending on how many people sign up).

11. Since the group has to be of people within the same age group, all characters inside the group have to be 15-16 years old.

"Where there is unity there is always victory"
coded by @lorde

3d1c92702522f90fe80683eb8b8ef52b.jpg

f21bd891e7fa8fbd1219b2a0821cd6d1.gif

df284f68835808272fbedc9fbc9d509d.jpg

Last edited:

Veronica Jiménez

Info

The warm sunlight illuminated the bast territory of the park. It was a beautiful morning, with the clouds deserting from the sky to reveal a wonderful blue tone so perfect it almost seemed fake. Almost like nature itself knew that the 1st of September of the year 1999 would be a day like no other, a historical day that simply couldn't be wasted on an ordinary morning. It was the first day of school for Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and, most importantly, the inauguration of the anticipated Project Unity. An attempt at bringing the human and wizarding world together in the times of rising political tensions and the threat of another war looming over the unexpecting citizens of the United States. The relationship between both worlds (and maybe even the fate of the planet) laid in the hands of teenagers from all around the world. Now, as students and faculty members arrived to the park, people all around the world anxiously gathered around their televisions to witness the event- live at Salem Willows Park.

Veronica Jiménez was one of such students. Marching towards the designated meeting post, past the cameras and the family members allowed within the premises, it was clear the girl couldn't contain her excitement. For a muggle, magic was a fascinating subject, and Project Unity was the best chance she would ever get of not only seeing magic firsthand, but learning about it amongst actual witches and wizards. It was a dream come true, and everything was just as magical as she'd expected it to be. All throughout the park, witches and wizards flew around in their sophisticated brooms, making sure everyone was safe and the area was secure. Short creatures that resembled some kind of goblin pushed around carts filled with luggage and owl cages. Robed wizards appeared in clouds of smoke out of thin air, and Veronica could almost swear she saw an old woman turning into a cat at some point. The girl quickly searched her messenger bag for her camera, wanting to document this moment forever, when she heard a familiar warm voice calling out behind her.

"¿Buscando esto?" (looking for this?) the person asked, prompting Veronica to turn around to see her father walking towards her while waving her camera in the air. She smiled warmly, taking her camera back and hanging it around her neck before wrapping her arms around her father.

"¿Cómo sobreviviría sin ti?," (how would I survive without you?) she commented as her father hugged her back. "I'm going to miss you, papá," she whispered, feeling a pang in her heart as she realized she'd forgotten all about her family in all the excitement for the project. According to Project Unity's policy, students would only be able to communicate with family and friends once a week and could only see their family with permission from the Headmaster himself, meaning this could very well be the last time she saw her father before the winter break, and she was spending what little time she had left on her obsession with magic.

"I'll miss you too, Ronnie. Take a lot of pictures for me, will you?" her father replied, now breaking away from the hug as his daughter nodded. With that, the dismal goodbye was over and Veronica continued walking towards the designated post. Taking pictures of everything odd and mystical she found along the way.

Locating her transportation was easy. Ilvermorny had sent a mail to every member of the project a week prior to the inauguration, dictating the number every group was to identify themselves within the duration of the project. According to the letter, she'd been "carefully selected" for group number twelve. Along with 11 other students who she hoped would arrive on time in order to depart for the school as soon as possible. Considering each hot air balloon was decorated with large golden numbers, it didn't take long for Veronica to understand which hot air balloon she was to board.

The balloons themselves were beautiful. With a large woven wicker basket with Ilvermorny banners hanging from the sides. The envelope itself was red and blue, with each group's number on one side and the Ilvermorny logo on the other. The burner, however, was the most fascinating part. In a small, floating metal basket, said a small dragon who was looking around the field, probably restless from being confined to the metal basket all day. The sight of such a magnificent creature took Veronica's breath away, and she hurried to take the dragon's picture. Veronica's excitement and curiosity heightened, like a tourist seeing the Eiffel tower for the first time. Slowly and carefully, Veronica reached over to run her finger over the dragon's head, petting the creature who (much to Veronica's delight) remained calm while being petted by the stranger. As she ran her hand over the dragon's scales, Veronica breathed out the words that would mark her journey to the new world forever.

"I love magic."

The warm sunlight illuminated the bast territory of the park. It was a beautiful morning, with the clouds deserting from the sky to reveal a wonderful blue tone so perfect it almost seemed fake. Almost like nature itself knew that the 1st of September of the year 1999 would be a day like no other, a historical day that simply couldn't be wasted on an ordinary morning. It was the first day of school for Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and, most importantly, the inauguration of the anticipated Project Unity. An attempt at bringing the human and wizarding world together in the times of rising political tensions and the threat of another war looming over the unexpecting citizens of the United States. The relationship between both worlds (and maybe even the fate of the planet) laid in the hands of teenagers from all around the world. Now, as students and faculty members arrived to the park, people all around the world anxiously gathered around their televisions to witness the event- live at Salem Willows Park.

Veronica Jiménez was one of such students. Marching towards the designated meeting post, past the cameras and the family members allowed within the premises, it was clear the girl couldn't contain her excitement. For a muggle, magic was a fascinating subject, and Project Unity was the best chance she would ever get of not only seeing magic firsthand, but learning about it amongst actual witches and wizards. It was a dream come true, and everything was just as magical as she'd expected it to be. All throughout the park, witches and wizards flew around in their sophisticated brooms, making sure everyone was safe and the area was secure. Short creatures that resembled some kind of goblin pushed around carts filled with luggage and owl cages. Robed wizards appeared in clouds of smoke out of thin air, and Veronica could almost swear she saw an old woman turning into a cat at some point. The girl quickly searched her messenger bag for her camera, wanting to document this moment forever, when she heard a familiar warm voice calling out behind her.

"¿Buscando esto?" (looking for this?) the person asked, prompting Veronica to turn around to see her father walking towards her while waving her camera in the air. She smiled warmly, taking her camera back and hanging it around her neck before wrapping her arms around her father.

"¿Cómo sobreviviría sin ti?," (how would I survive without you?) she commented as her father hugged her back. "I'm going to miss you, papá," she whispered, feeling a pang in her heart as she realized she'd forgotten all about her family in all the excitement for the project. According to Project Unity's policy, students would only be able to communicate with family and friends once a week and could only see their family with permission from the Headmaster himself, meaning this could very well be the last time she saw her father before the winter break, and she was spending what little time she had left on her obsession with magic.

"I'll miss you too, Ronnie. Take a lot of pictures for me, will you?" her father replied, now breaking away from the hug as his daughter nodded. With that, the dismal goodbye was over and Veronica continued walking towards the designated post. Taking pictures of everything odd and mystical she found along the way.

Locating her transportation was easy. Ilvermorny had sent a mail to every member of the project a week prior to the inauguration, dictating the number every group was to identify themselves within the duration of the project. According to the letter, she'd been "carefully selected" for group number twelve. Along with 11 other students who she hoped would arrive on time in order to depart for the school as soon as possible. Considering each hot air balloon was decorated with large golden numbers, it didn't take long for Veronica to understand which hot air balloon she was to board.

The balloons themselves were beautiful. With a large woven wicker basket with Ilvermorny banners hanging from the sides. The envelope itself was red and blue, with each group's number on one side and the Ilvermorny logo on the other. The burner, however, was the most fascinating part. In a small, floating metal basket, said a small dragon who was looking around the field, probably restless from being confined to the metal basket all day. The sight of such a magnificent creature took Veronica's breath away, and she hurried to take the dragon's picture. Veronica's excitement and curiosity heightened, like a tourist seeing the Eiffel tower for the first time. Slowly and carefully, Veronica reached over to run her finger over the dragon's head, petting the creature who (much to Veronica's delight) remained calm while being petted by the stranger. As she ran her hand over the dragon's scales, Veronica breathed out the words that would mark her journey to the new world forever.

"I love magic."

[class=Notes] // Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design, these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. These comments must be with in a class or script tags in order to be hidden, from what I know// // Long URls are images # followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes or color codes.// // This code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code When typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press enter it will not show that you did. You'll have to use the
tags// [/class] [class=Lines] border-top:1px SOLID #680b0a; margin-bottom:5px; margin-Top:5px; //This is the line dividers in the code, the tiny ones.// [/class]
[class=Notes] //Above is the background color and main border// //below are the two borders around the image// [/class]
Daniel%20Huttlestone%202.jpg
Gabriel Baker-Scott I Interacting: Open to All I Mentioned: NPCs all I Located: Salem Willows Park
[div class="Lines"]
Gabe's robin's egg blue eyes widened at the sight of it all. He'd expected on some level that there would be wizards and witches and magic things everywhere, but actually seeing it was something else entirely. There were other no-maj there too, of course, but he'd probably be sitting with them while they traveled to the school. The school. A real, actual, magic school! He strangled down a squeal of excitement that was threatening to rise from his throat. He couldn't look like he was freaking out, not in front of all these people. After all, he wasn't six anymore. He was twelve- twice as old, and twice as mature. He couldn't act like some little kid who'd eaten 4 tons of pixie sticks or something. He turned to look back at the area where everyone (well, everyone who wasn't flying in on brooms) had parked, and saw cameras.

Oh crap. People are filming this?!

His freckle-splotched face reddened slightly, and his hand reflexively tightened around the handle of his wheeley suitcase. He turned himself and his focus back towards the crowd. There were people with flowing robes of all colors and cuts, the fabric's edges trimmed with intricate designs like the borders of a sappy Hallmark card someone's grandma would get them for their birthday. Unlike a sappy Hallmark card- which always just made Gabe roll his eyes and give some half-hearted, ingenuine "thanks for the card, Nana"- the robes looked beautiful to him. There were witches wearing pointy hats (So it IS true! he thought), and people with a wide variety of owls, cats, and toads. It suddenly hit him that while he was off at school in God-knows-where, he wouldn't be able to go and feed his geese. Well, not legally his geese, but they might as well have been. Surely his dad or his mom or someone would do it while he was away, right? Had he asked Cassidy to do it like he'd planned to? Surely his geese wouldn't forget about him while he was gone. He'd fed them since he was five, for crying out loud. It's not like a few months away would undo all of that, right?

"Gabe? You feeling okay, bud?"
A hand on his shoulder and his mother's voice jolted him from his thoughts, and he jumped a little in surprise. He turned to her, and saw that his dad was there, too, carrying his little sister in his arms.

"Yeah, Mom. I'm fine. Guess I'm just worried about my geese is all." He replied quietly, nervously scuffing a sneaker against the ground.

"Don't worry about that, short-stuff." His father smiled at him, adjusting his hold on Gabe's sister. "Opal and I will go feed the geese for you every Saturday, right on schedule. Right, Opes?" The four-year-old nodded excitedly.

"Uh-huh! I'm gonna give 'em corn, and sunflower seeds, and lettuce, and MAGIC PEAS!" She declared, squealing the words "magic peas" as loudly as she could.

"Opal! Don't yell in Daddy's ears." His father reprimanded. Opal giggled and kissed her father on the cheek.

"What even are magic peas? What's so magic about 'em?"

"They're magic because they're magic. Ob-vuss-lee." She rolled her tiny blue eyes, and that was all more Opal had to say on the subject. Their mother lowered herself down to his height, kissing Gabe on the forehead and smoothing back his hair.

"Call us when you get the chance, okay? We'll be waiting to hear all about what it's like at Ilvermorny." She smiled, sad yet radiant. "And when you come back for winter break, I'll try to hold Obi-Wan back before he drowns you in dog slobber." The twelve-year-old suddenly lunged forward, hugging his mother tightly.

"I'll miss you, Mom. Dad too." His voice was hoarse, but he was not about to cry. Not around so many people. He couldn't let a bunch of wizards think he was some sort of wimpy cry-baby. Some tears escaped onto his cheeks, but that was not crying. There must've just been something in his eyes.

"We'll miss you too, Gabe. Just remember you won't be gone forever, okay? You can always call us, and, if they don't have phones there or something, you can ask a teacher for an envelope and write to us." His mother slowly pulled back from the hug, wiping the tears off his face with her thumb. "It's not really that long until winter break anyway. You'll be home before you know it." Gabe nodded, putting a hand back on the handle of his suitcase. He stepped back, his dad wordlessly handing over his backpack full of schoolbooks (or at least the schoolbooks from the list that they could find). He gave one last wave to his family, and started off into the crowd.

What would lie beyond the looking-glass? [div class="Lines"][/div]
Code by @AgWordSmith [/div]

Artem Orville-Richardson

Location: Salem Willows Park| Interacting with: - | Mentions: -

The moment Artem stepped into the park, he felt a surge of optimism. The sunlight through the trees was picturesque, almost too perfect. Personally, Artem preferred a little more wabi sabi than Thomas Kinkade in his scenery, but he could make an exception today. Today was special. Not just special, it was big. Way bigger than him.

Lily ruffled his hair, sufficiently pulling him out of his thoughts. "You ready for this? You're going to be in the history books, kid."

Artem shrugged her off with a snort, "Probably not, in all reality... they'll just mention a bunch of kids. I might be in the background of a picture or something. Besides, I'm not doing this to go down in history."

"Aren't you?" Lily challenged, elbowing him as they walked along the path, under splotches of light and shadow from the leaves above.

"I mean, maybe a little. But I don't want the spotlight. I just want to be a part of it."

"Well, if you did want the spotlight, I know a foolproof way to get it." Lily winked, her sleek black ponytail swishing behind her as she walked. She was an inch taller than Artem in flats, and today she'd worn heels, making him feel smaller than ever.

"Oh really? And what's that?"

"Trip. The cameras would be all over that."

Artem snorted, "Thanks. You're always so great with advice, Lil." He'd worn his favorite button-up and a loose vest, but as they came to the epicenter of the park, he began to feel more and more out of place.

People on broomsticks zoomed around overhead, the square was full of carts stacked with caged animals and luggage (was he supposed to bring an animal?) pushed by what he assumed would be his witchy and wizardy fellow students. Hot air balloons loomed ahead, each numbered. Group 12. That one's mine. He thought to himself, taking a deep breath. His heart began to race in his chest, thumping wildly against his ribs. This was happening. He was here, with magical beings of every kind as well as regular people like himself, all about to embark on this 'grand adventure' that could just as easily end in disaster as success.

A squeeze on his shoulder brought Artem back to the present once more. "This is such a wonderful opportunity, Artem." His mother Michele nodded, though he could hear the tension in her voice. She'd always been uneasy around the mere topic of magic users, and being around them was even more difficult for her.

Haley slipped her arm around her wife's waist, "He'll do wonderfully. We're excited for you, honey. This will be a very good thing."

"I know." Artem took a deep breath, trying to still his thundering heart. "A good thing. Yep."

His mothers pulled him into a firm embrace and Artem took solace in the brief affection. They pulled away all too soon, and Lily had taken their place. "You'll be great, bro. Just remember... trip."

"I'm not going to trip." He mumbled back, squeezing her back.

"I'm telling you, they'll remember your name for sure if you do." She pulled away with a smile, "Be nice, make friends with the other kids."

"No promises." Artem chuckled back. The thunder in his chest had calmed to a steady drumbeat now, but it was still far from a resting pace. "Alright, guess this is it. I, uh... I'll see you later." He gave them a little wave and pulled up the handle on his suitcases, one in each hand, then started for balloon number 12.
code by Ri.a

Last edited:
Lotta MacFusty
© southside

date: 1st of September

tags: fancries1 fancries1
Her robes were a muted baby blue, a thin, light material that floated through and around her ankles, careless with each step. Lotta couldn't claim the same blitheness; she was all too, fiercely aware of the crowd that surrounded her.

Their voices together made a symphony; a rushing waterfall of dynamic chatter that Lotta, in all her isolated glory, could barely fathom. But it didn't take much to slow down, to focus on individual sounds and conversations and lives. To her right a man was coughing; it sounded hearty and painful. Her brisk steps left him behind, and a child was yelling nonsense about magic peas. A group of girls were laughing together to her left now, and an elderly couple were holding hands and crooning. There was a swoosh of a broomstick in motion just above her head, and all around her, wherever she went, was the blunt pop of apparition.

Impossible to ignore, too, were the hoards of reporters, muggle and magic alike. They suffocated her, eyes bright and desperate for a place in this moment in history.

And all of them, or at least, a good number of them, were looking for people like her.

She kept her head down.

A hand slipped into her own, the soft familiarity keeping Lotta from jumping. She looked up into the eyes of her mother, and felt her father's warm presence on her other side, and suddenly didn't feel so small anymore.

As per the instructions she had been given, the trio approached the balloon marked with twelve; blue and red, the school's colours. There was only one other person in the basket, and Lotta felt a small pang of relief. It would be easier that way.

"Are you excited?" Her mother asked, her voice puckered. Her father laughed.

"Excited? She looks like she'll keel over any moment, won't you hun?"

Lotta hummed, and her mother pulled her into a quick hug. They had said their goodbyes earlier, in private, away from the flashing cameras. But suddenly that didn't seem enough.

Her father clamped a hand on her shoulder. "Knock em dead, sweetheart." He ordered, "And keep yerself safe, ay?"

"I will." Lotta nodded, squeezing her mother's hand for a final time. "I will."

Fighting to quell the quiver in her hands, Lotta hiked up her robe and half skipped up the steps into the balloon's basket, nerves squeezing her chest and leaving her breathless. Determinedly averting her eyes from the balloon's other occupant - a girl who looked about Lotta's age, if not a little older, with dark auburn hair and wide eyes - she carefully guided her luggage, levitated by her father, into the basket. She caught sight of the balloon's dragon, and felt a pang of homesickness. Then, with a final wave, her parents disappeared into the crowd, and Lotta felt very empty.

In a last ditch effort to not appear rude, she gave the other girl a tight smile and a nod. "Hullo," She greeted, her scottish brogue barely hiding the quiver in her voice. "I'm Lotta."
STATS

[class=wrapper] width:80vw; max-width:300px; height:420px; margin:auto;center; flex-wrap:wrap; border:1px solid #000000; overflow:hidden; background:url(https://scontent-mia3-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/f09da61fb54577707192d8c502bcac09/5C2E7CB9/t51.2885-15/e35/25012929_135653460457285_3646031672111005696_n.jpg); background-size:100%; z-index:3px; [/class] [class=scroll] width:90vw; max-width:310px; height:100%; overflow-y:auto; [/class] [class=textbox] width:80vw; max-width:300px; font-family:Montserrat; font-size:12px; color:#212121; padding:2px; background: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.9); position:relative; top:420px; [/class] [class=overlay] width:80vw; max-width:320px; margin:auto;center; position:relative; top:-461px; left:-10px; font-family:Mali; font-size:23px; color:#050a90; text-shadow:3px 2px 0px #ffffff; z-index:2px; [/class] [class=tags] opacity:0.0; width:80vw; max-width:320px; margin:auto;center; position:relative; top:-490px; left:-10px; text-align:right; font-family:Montserrat; font-size:10px; color:#ccc; z-index:3px; transition: all 0.3s ease; [/class] [class name=tags state=hover] opacity:1.0; transform: translateY(20px); [/class] [class=credit] width:80vw; max-width:300px; opacity:0.5; font-family:Heebo; font-size:8px; margin:auto;center; [/class]
[div class=wrapper][div class=scroll]
[div class=textbox]
Three mildly loud pops startled some of those in the crowd. The muggles stared with wide eyes as three people appeared from thin air. The trio consisted of two adults and a young woman, a family unit no doubt. The reporters were quick to snap pictures. Femi looked towards them and smiled cheekily before turning her attention back to her parents. As she turned around she was pulled into tight hug. She could feel a head lay on top of her own and she groaned. Her father knew how much she didn’t like having her hair touched. “Baba! Did you not just give me a hug before we left the hotel? Honestly, one would think that I won’t come back to you both.” She whined but made to move to escape from the bear hug. As international apparition was dangerous Femi’s parents had flew to America and booked a hotel room to stay in. They had also used the opportunity to spend time with their daughter.

“Hush Ọmọbìnrin mi, let me be. Who knows when I will get the chance to hug you like this again.” Her father had always been the more affectionate parent. He spoiled his daughter when she was younger and still did so now, much to her mother’s dismay. Speaking of her mother she shook her head at her husband and pried the two of them apart. A chuckled made its way past her lips when Femi released a breath. “She will not be gone for that long dear. Before you know it winter break will arrive and she will return to us.” She spoke, giving their daughter a hug of her own. “Remember Ọmọbìnrin we are only a phone or fire call away.” She placed a kiss on her forehead.

“I know I know, I will call you once I have settled. Mo nifẹ rẹ.” Femi grabbed her suitcases and with one last look she went on her way. The first thing that she noticed were the dragons. They were magnificent. Femi had heard stories of them but never in real life had she seen one before. As she made her way into the basket of the hot air balloon she took note of those inside. Two girls around her age stood inside, one with pretty brown hair and the other with shiny black hair. As she settled inside Femi smiled. “E pele o, I’m Femi. Isn’t this exciting?”

Tags: fancries1 fancries1 , karma.chameleon karma.chameleon
Outfit: X
[/div][/div][/div][div class=credit]credits @RI.a[/div][div class=overlay] Femi Abayomi[/div][div class=tags][/div]

Last edited:

Elliot NevilleHe was not having a panic attack, he was not having a panic attack, he was NOT having a panic attack.

He was having a panic attack.

Huddled in the back seat of his parents’ car, Elliot could feel the tightness in his chest swallowing him up. There was not enough oxygen in this car, though his brain was calculating the exact opposite of what his chest was. Having an anxiety disorder while also being classified as a genius really, really sucked.

As Elli tried to reel in his panic attack, his mother searched frantically for the inhaler she kept in her purse. “Don’t worry, Elli, I’ve got it right—oh, no, that’s my lipstick. Darn it. I thought it was right here…”

His father, meanwhile, was trying to make jokes at his expense. “Where can you find pencils? PENNSYLVANIA!” While his mother had always been such a hen around Elliot, his father had tried to take more of the Comforting Parent route, though he was never quite sure how to handle one of Elli’s panic attacks. He left that part to Mom.

Finally, his mother found the inhaler and handed it to him. After a quick couple puffs, Elli started to feel a little better. He still had a tight feeling in his chest, but he recognized that one as overwhelming stress. He was used to that feeling. Hated it, but used to it.

The car stopped, and Elli gazed out the window with an incredibly heavy sense of dread. He couldn’t do this. He wouldn’t. Why was he doing this again? When he’d gotten the news that he was supposed to go to some wizarding school with other—what was the word? Muggles—non-magic people to promote peace between Muggles and wizards. Which was… a good idea, Elli had to admit—after all, shoving two opposing groups together to ease political tension was a method that should be used more often. But still—why him? He’d been homeschooled for most of his life and ever since the fiasco that had been his one year at public school—so why was he back among other teenagers that terrified the living jeebies out of him?

Because his parents thought he needed it.

“Do I really have to go?” Elli whined, not caring if he sounded significantly younger than he was. Apparently, according to his age, he was akin to a senior in wizarding schools. That made no sense! He was far too dependent on his family to even think of going out into the world all by himself yet!

His mother and father were already exiting the car, so he supposed he should do so, too. Otherwise, it would look weird. With a sigh, he followed them to the back of the car, where they were getting his luggage. He barely left home as it was, so he had very few outfits. They had all fit into one suitcase, which a strange goblin-creature was already taking care of. Elli hugged a book to his chest, the only thing currently keeping him from having another panic attack. Sure, A Tale of Two Cities wasn’t exactly calming… but Charles Dickens was better than no Dickens.

Awkwardly, parents and child turned to each other. Elli’s mouth was wavering, and he knew he was very close to crying. He wasn’t sure if he would last an entire year here, but if his parents weren’t going to listen to his protests… he might as well try. I guess. Before he could say anything to them, his mother threw her arms around him. “Oh my baby boy, I’ll miss you. Call us if you need anything, or if you want to come home. You don’t have to stay there if you think you can’t handle it. We’ll come straight here if you really want us to, okay, Elli? I love you so much.”

Elli nearly cried. At least his mother understand how he was really feeling about this. But now he was even more determined to make her proud and stick out the year. “I know, Mom, but I think I’m going to try.” His father joined the hug, and the Nevilles stood there for a while, just hugging.

Finally, they let go, and Elli turned nervously toward the park. He started walking, trying to seem grown up, dignified, like he belonged here. The sad part was, he could see TV cameras everywhere, and that was grating on his nerves a little bit.

So it was no surprise (to him) that he tripped and fell. He heard chuckles and even his mother’s gasp (even from far away), so he knew he had been soundly embarrassed by himself already. At least it probably couldn’t get any worse than this.

Grabbing his book, which had flown from his hands, he hurried toward the weird balloon thing with the number 12 emblazoned on it. Hopefully none of the others of his “group” had seen that. But… they probably had. Great. He had a feeling nobody was going to take him seriously here. Not after that.

When he finally reached the balloon, it took him a full minute to work up the courage to board it. By the time he did, he nearly jumped right back off. There was a dragon. A real life dragon. Okay, he was officially not okay with any of this. He was going to die within the next few minutes. He just knew it. While the three girls in the balloon (oh, great, there were girls here—his worst nightmare), he scrambled to the corner of the basket furthest away from the dragon.

This was already a disaster for his health.

fancries1 fancries1 karma.chameleon karma.chameleon erzulie erzulie
Coding by AnimeGenork AnimeGenork

Artemis Avenatti
Scenario: Goddess of the hunt
With: Veronica, Lotta, Femi, and Elliot
Mentions: N/A
Tags: AnimeGenork AnimeGenork fancries1 fancries1 karma.chameleon karma.chameleon erzulie erzulie

"One describes a tale best by telling the tale. You see?"

Artemis could not find his bag. He'd scoured his bedroom, the living area, and even his siblings' rooms with no such luck, and although he wasn't panicking yet, he was well on his way to getting there.

At the suggestion of his mother on her way out the door, Artemis sat on the recliner and took a breather as he bid her farewell.

"Artemis?"

"Yes, mum?"

She smiled, shrugging on her coat, "Don't lose your head, alright? I'm sure you'll find it." Stephanie walked over to her son's slouched form and pressed a kiss between his brows and made him hold eye contact with him. It was a habit she'd developed to calm him and his siblings down when they were stressing out, and as always, it worked in an instant making Artemis' tense shoulders loosen as he met her warm gaze. "I know it's not just your bag that's got you all worked up, but a little bit of nerves are okay. You're starting a new, and lest us forget magical, boarding school! But one thing I pride myself on is knowing who my babies have become as people, and you, Artemis Joel Avenatti, will do just fine." Artemis rolled his eyes at being referred to as her baby, but there was a smile in the corner of his lips.
'
"When you arrive, don't forget to send a letter, email, or however it works at "wizarding" schools back home, okay. I have to know your safe," She gave him another kiss to his forehead. "I'm sorry dad and I can't be there with you, but I'm sure your brother and sister will give you a warm send-off. You're a brilliant boy! Bye, love you. Be safe. Make friends. And all the other usual things." Mrs. Avenatti flourished out the door sending her son one last wave as she ducked into her car and pulled out of the driveway. He couldn't help but wish she could stay.

"Hey, ready to hit the road, goddess of the hunt?" Artemis scoffed shooting his sister an unamused look.

"I would be if I could only find my bag," he stood up stretching with an unnecessary amount of aggression. "I've searched everywhere for it, and... zilch."

Athena stared at him blankly. "Seriously?"

"What?"

"You put it in my trunk last night, Koalemos."

Artemis frowned, shaking his head. "No, I didn't?"

"Uh, yes you did. You insisted that you didn't want to lug it out to the car the next morning, even though I said you were going to forget it just like how you forget everything else. If I were to bet, you've been looking for it most of the morning." Athena smirked flicking him behind his ear.

"Stop acting like you know everything," Artemis skirted away from her, grabbing his jacket. "And I'm not stupid, so stop calling me Koalemos."

"Well, you sure act like it." Athena mused snatching up her coat and heading out the door with a slight bounce in her step. Artemis followed suit, shrugging the fabric on and heading out the door to find his brother sitting on the trunk of his sister's car. He looked way too pleased with himself at the scowling expression on their sister's face. If Artemis were to bet, she really wanted to shove him right onto the ground... And she did. Apollo hoisted himself up off of the gravel, seemingly unphased, but there was a tick in the left corner of his jaw that gave him away to Artemis; it was the same tick he pointed out on his twin's face whenever he taunted him.

"Is Artie finished scrambling around so we can leave now?"

"Just get in the car, Apollo," Artemis and Athena retorted.

~@~@~@~
After saying his goodbyes to his siblings, and winding up a candid shot for an inconsiderate reporter, Artemis made his way through the park to find the Ilvermorny transportation for Group 12.

On his way to the gathering spot for the students, he spied a kid around his age take a hard hit on the ground and winced. Imagine his surprise when not only did he find his means of transportation (a bloody hot air balloon with a dragon) but also the kid he'd seen earlier scrambling inside. The kid was more of a fleeting afterthought in his mind at the sight of the dragon tucked away in a metal burner. Artemis was slow to board, too caught up in staring in mortified fascination at the creature to move all that much. "Holy hell," he whispered to himself. "I didn't even think that all the hocus pocus creatures could be real too. I hope there's some sorts of magic keeping you in there; seeing a dragon is already a bit of a culture shock. I think I'll have an aneurysm if you come popping out of there too."Finally, he entered the basket and looked around at the others inside. Three girls. One guy. Hopefully, he wasn't the only nonmagical one on board so far...

He took a spot next the kid tucked into the corner and poked him in the shoulder. "Well, how are you going to strike up a conversation from all the way over here?" He turned his attention to the three girls also and mustered a smile. "So this is honestly open to whoever can answer it, but what kind of small talk do wizards make? Is the adults' politics talk just as dull as listening to my aunt and mum every Sunday afternoon?" He paused, before following up with, "I'm Artemis, by the way. Artemis Avenatti, and a native Londoner."

codedbycrucialstar

[class=Notes] // Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design, these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. These comments must be with in a class or script tags in order to be hidden, from what I know// // Long URls are images # followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes or color codes.// // This code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code When typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press enter it will not show that you did. You'll have to use the
tags// [/class] [class=Lines] border-top:1px SOLID #680b0a; margin-bottom:5px; margin-Top:5px; //This is the line dividers in the code, the tiny ones.// [/class]
[class=Notes] //Above is the background color and main border// //below are the two borders around the image// [/class]
Gabriel Baker-Scott I Interacting: Artem, otherwise open I Mentioned: NPCs, Artem I Located: Salem Willows Park I Tags: trousersquid trousersquid
[div class="Lines"]
Maybe magic was a bad idea. Not in general as a concept, probably, but definitely having Gabriel's first ever exposure to it happen at the same time he was supposed to make his way to a fixed point was. He was supposed to be heading towards the back of the park, but he just kept getting distracted. In all honesty, who could blame him there? There were people just appearing out of thin air! He was pretty sure that he'd seen someone turn into a fruit bat and fly away at one point. Who wouldn't be distracted?

He was in the middle of contemplating if there actually were such things as magic peas, when he came to an abrupt stop. Suddenly he was crashed into his wheeley suitcase, and he didn't really know how he'd gotten there. His eyes flicked down to the ground around him. Nothing to trip over, but then again, he wouldn't have gotten into his current body position by just tripping on something. Forward momentum and all that, but then again, he saw some sort of gobliny thing a few second ago so he couldn't rule it out entirely. Following his thoughts, his eyes flicked back up to whoever or whatever he ran into. It was a tall (in comparison to Gabe, at least) vaguely east asian-looking guy, who was wearing- Oh thank god.- normal looking clothes, and carrying suitcases. This must be one of the other No-Magics or whatever they called us who's in the thing. In an effort to look friendly and not like a complete buffoon who somehow never learned to walk despite having full control and use of his legs, he put on his best and brightest "Toby" smile and clambered back to his feet.

"Hi! Sorry I crashed into you, it's just kind of a lot. There's all this stuff and it's magic and it's everywhere. I guess my neurons got overloaded or something and were using the energy for my sight to try and process all of the stuff or something." He brushed off his shirt, a few loose pieces of grass being swept off of him and dropping unceremoniously to the ground. Wow. Nerd alert. Way to look like a know-it-all little snotmuffin the instant you saw your first classmate. Way to go. His beaming stage smile faltered, turning into an awkward half-grinning mess. His eyes flicked away as a soft scarlet tone crept its way into the freckle-forest of his cheeks. He hesitantly put out a hand to shake, unsure of whether minding his manners to an older kid would sacrifice what little coolness he still had after "my neurons ate my sight" escaped his mouth. His voice was now much quieter as he spoke, so basically a halfway normal volume for anyone else. "I'm Gabe..." [div class="Lines"][/div]

Last edited:
Artem Orville-Richardson

Location: Salem Willows Park| Interacting with: Gabe Baker Scott| Mentions: lalas181 lalas181

Artem had his sights set on balloon number 12 when he felt his suitcase jerk behind him, stuck on something out of sight. He paused and looked behind him, a short gasp escaped him as he saw the kid struggling with balance behind him. Artem was certain he must have tripped him, so focused on the balloons and the craziness around him. "I'm so sorry, I was--" He stopped as the boy started to apologize to him instead, which quickly turned into a bit of a ramble. His nervousness was clear, and suddenly Artem felt more at ease himself. He wasn't the only one here that felt like he was floundering.

Laughing softly, Artem nodded in return to Gabe's greeting. "Gabe, nice to meet you. I'm Artem."

Gabe looked quite normal, to Artem's relief. He seemed to be dressed normally (was that offensive to magical-types? Artem couldn't be sure. Best not to say it out loud.) and showed no obvious signs of magic. No wand, broom, or other strange things at hand. Just as he was feeling at ease with Gabe's normalcy, a very short magical looking person shouldered his way in and reached for Artem's suitcase. He stammered and quickly passed the handle along to the strange little man, "Do I need to take a ticket or... Alright." He blinked as the man walked off without a word.

Artem turned back to Gabe, "Sorry, I'm... still trying to figure all this out myself. Glad I'm not the only one. You're not a part of the program, are you?" Gabe looked too young to be a part of his class, but assuming never went well for anyone.
code by Ri.a

Last edited:
Veronica Jiménez​
d9c11e8d7d42dec4499c8a4034d8d9e9.jpg
Location: Park Interactions: [USER=5583]@TheWeirdPhilosopher[/USER] [USER=39718]@AnimeGenork[/USER] [USER=49383]@Rayvian[/USER] [USER=62918]@karma.chameleon[/USER]

Engrossed in the difficult task of taking pictures of the dragon while avoiding burning off her eyebrows, Veronica didn't acknowledge the prepense of the other members of the group until a blonde about her age took a seat next to the only other male in the basket. Slightly embarrassed, she finally looked up from the dragon to face the others. It wasn't hard to distinguish the witches from the no-mages like herself.

"Hey, sorry, I didn't see you guys coming in," Veronica replied, smiling at the two girls and then at the boys, who seemed to have already struck a conversation. "I'm Veronica Jiménez, charmed," she said, chucking at her own, very bad, joke. "I know! Exciting, isn't it? I can't wait to see what a wizarding school looks like. Better than the old High School buildings I'm sure," she paused to focus on the two witches, assuming they wouldn't know what she was talking about. "They're these very big and worn down brick buildings. Trust me, the only interesting place in my school was the bleaches, but only because everyone would skip class to make out there and then make a big deal out of it."

The girl grinned at Artemis' comments regarding wizarding politics. While most people would probably shy away from the topic, especially considering this was their first day being introduced to the wizarding world and there was a plethora of other subjects and elements to discover, her love and interest for politics didn't diminish. Not to mention the "blood supremacy" ideas always intrigued her, especially after the events that took place during the Second Wizarding War. "Oh please, there must be something more interesting than muggle politics. Right guys?" she commented, turning back to the witches. "I mean, this whole project is basically a political move, right? A very good move, but a strategy nonetheless. One can only imagine what other things go down in your governments if they come up with things like this. What's it like? Ooh, do you have goblins in the parliament or something?"

coded by dwale

[class=wrapper] width:80vw; max-width:300px; height:420px; margin:auto;center; flex-wrap:wrap; border:1px solid #000000; overflow:hidden; background:url(https://scontent-mia3-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/f09da61fb54577707192d8c502bcac09/5C2E7CB9/t51.2885-15/e35/25012929_135653460457285_3646031672111005696_n.jpg); background-size:100%; z-index:3px; [/class] [class=scroll] width:90vw; max-width:310px; height:100%; overflow-y:auto; [/class] [class=textbox] width:80vw; max-width:300px; font-family:Montserrat; font-size:12px; color:#212121; padding:2px; background: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.9); position:relative; top:420px; [/class] [class=overlay] width:80vw; max-width:320px; margin:auto;center; position:relative; top:-461px; left:-10px; font-family:Mali; font-size:23px; color:#050a90; text-shadow:3px 2px 0px #ffffff; z-index:2px; [/class] [class=tags] opacity:0.0; width:80vw; max-width:320px; margin:auto;center; position:relative; top:-490px; left:-10px; text-align:right; font-family:Montserrat; font-size:10px; color:#ccc; z-index:3px; transition: all 0.3s ease; [/class] [class name=tags state=hover] opacity:1.0; transform: translateY(20px); [/class] [class=credit] width:80vw; max-width:300px; opacity:0.5; font-family:Heebo; font-size:8px; margin:auto;center; [/class]
[div class=textbox]
Femi watched the crowd as her classmates seemed occupied with something else. She watched as a boy around her age made his way to the balloon. She winced a little when he tripped but he managed to brush it off so she assumed that he was fine. As the stranger came closer he seemed hesitant to come aboard and Femi couldn’t blame him. Muggle or not, seeing a real fire breathing dragon could be overwhelming for anyone. Before Femi could introduce herself he had darted past and lodged himself in the furthest corner. The young witch looked away politely. She wasn’t expecting everyone to adapt to the situation easily. Not long after the first guy another entered after him. Femi smiled when he began chatting them up and turned to face him. “Artemis? Like the Greek goddess right? That’s cool. I’m Femi and I’m from Lagos, Nigeria.” She graced them with a kind smile. “And to answer your question, it’s pretty boring in terms of politics. I only listen so that I can be well informed about what’s going on around me. As for small talk well...my friends and I usually talk about quidditch, which is a magical game. Or we talk about small things like classes or whatever gossip is floating around the school.” She shrugged her shoulders. “It’s pretty mundane if you ask me.”

Femi then turned her attention to the pretty brunette who had been engrossed in getting pictures of the dragon. “It’s fine. Even coming from a magical background, seeing a dragon in real life and so close is pretty amazing.” She leaned against the basket, crossing her arms over her chest. “It’s nice to meet you Veronica.” Femi’s grinned at her, catching on to her little pun. “Yes very exciting. I’ve always wanted to travel and I can’t believe that I’m actually getting the chance.” Femi tried not to show her mild distaste when Veronica described muggle schools. She pursed her lips and nodded. “Ah...that sounds...simple. Sounds like my school in a way with the make out sessions. Though we don’t skip class, there’s plenty of time after and during free periods.” She winked playfully.

“I’m curious as to what Ilvermorny looks like as well. I don’t want to sound arrogant but my school is formidable and grand. Actually it’s the largest wizarding school as well. It’s a beautiful edifice that’s been carved out of a mountainside and it’s always foggy out so it looks like it’s floating. It's really nice.” Femi couldn’t help but brag about her school a little. She straightened as she spoke and held her head high. It was clear that she was a proud student of her own academy. Femi laughed a little when politics are brought up once again. She smiled mysteriously. “Well each wizarding society is different. I know in Europe there are banks ran by goblins. But for whatever reason magical creatures are looked down upon generally. So most establishments are ran by witches and wizards.”
Tags: fancries1 fancries1 , karma.chameleon karma.chameleon , Athens Athens
[/div][/div][/div][div class=credit]credits @RI.a[/div][div class=overlay] Femi Abayomi[/div][div class=tags][/div]

Gabriel Baker-Scott I Interacting: Artem, otherwise open I Mentioned: NPCs, Artem I Located: Salem Willows Park I Tags: trousersquid trousersquid
[div class="Lines"]
Just as Gabe was being set at ease by regular conversation, the suitcase goblins caught him off-guard again. Like clockwork, as the one goblin reached for Artem's case, another reached for the handle of his own. He let the creature grab it, half-glad that he seemed to have run into someone who was shorter than himself for once. They didn't look much like any goblins he'd heard of, more like giant mutant hedgehog-human hybrids, but they looked close enough that he figured that "goblin" would be a safe bet. They probably wouldn't blame him for not knowing what they were called, anyway. After all, it's not like he'd known anything magic existed before now, and that was a very obvious fact.

He'd expected to be questioned about if he was actually supposed to be there or not, but the expectation had kind of gotten buried a little bit by the overwhelming sense of "holy crap magic is real and it's everywhere" that had decided up until then to devour his attention span. He nodded at Artem, replying swiftly.

"Actually, I am here for the program. My school district had me skip a few grades last year, so I'd be in 10th now." The words were precise, practiced. The delivery honed by a whole year of "are you sure you're in the right building"s and "are you here to see an older sibling"s and "I didn't know they reached out to middle schools with auditions this year, that's really nice"s. He looked around, standing on his tip-toes to try and see through the flood of people surrounding them and find wherever it was the two of them needed to go. "You have any idea what we're supposed to be looking for, Artem? I have no clue at all." [div class="Lines"][/div]

Artem Orville-Richardson

Location: Salem Willows Park| Interacting with: Gabe Baker Scott| Mentions: lalas181 lalas181

Artem still wasn't sure what to call the little luggage toting people, but he worried that if he guessed, he'd be offensive at worst, ignorant at best. At times like these, it was often wisest to just let things be and try to focus on the things that made more sense. Like Gabe.

"Dang, so you're one of the smart ones, huh?" Artem smiled at Gabe, following his gaze around the park. People seemed to be gathering either in the hot air balloons or crowded around in a wide arc to watch the show. He blinked and tried to focus harder. Is that a dragon? He watched in wonder (and no small amount of apprehension) as people stood and chatted beneath the creatures in the baskets of the balloons, as if nothing was amiss. Everything in the park was so absurdly magical and yet so... Normal. Everyone bustled about, they had places to go, people to talk to. People were still people, even if they were actually witches and wizards. Or goblins. Or hobbits. Wait, hobbits aren't an actual thing. Right? Just gonna assume no.

Artem clutched his small sketchbook to his side, the one thing he'd kept out of his suitcase. He knew without a doubt there would be things he wanted to capture on paper before he got the chance to unpack. For now, though, he left his pencils and pens in his left pocket. His fingers itched, though. He couldn't be rude. Except he already was, staring off into the park instead of talking with Gabe.

"Sorry," He added quickly, "Got distracted. Am I crazy, or are those dragons? But to answer your question, I think we're supposed to find the balloon with our group number on it. I'm in 12, what about you?"
code by Ri.a

Lotta MacFusty
© southside

tags: fancries1 fancries1 Athens Athens AnimeGenork AnimeGenork erzulie erzulie
Mere moments after Lotta's hesitant introduction, it seemed, things began to get moving. Before the other girl could even respond, the balloon began to fill with other students, and just like that a web of cracks and breakages spread across Lotta's rose tinted glasses. Of course this couldn't be easy. Of course she couldn't just deal with one person at a time. This was going to be so much harder than she had been promised.

Then, mentally, she slapped herself for her wallowing. Nothing good in life was easy; she'd long ago learnt that. Here she had been given a fantastic opportunity; an education, friends, a chance to better the social and political relationship between wizards and muggles, friends... and for that, she could face a few scary social situations.

She forced a smile.

"You're right." She said Femi, the last one who had spoken. "Back home we have Gringotts, and that's run entirely by goblins. They're...well, a bit grouchy, honestly. But yeah, magical creatures and half breeds aren't usually...well, its a bit like the whole pureblood situation. Wizarding culture isn't always the best when it comes to discrimination."

That, she knew all too well. But now wasn't the time to bring that up.

"My school is a wizarding one." She continued, gaining confidence. "Hogwarts. It's a giant castle, and it's got staircases that move and unicorns and a giant squid and secret passages and I love it." She flushed slightly, realising abruptly that maybe that sort of talk was far from pushing the equality angle. "But, uh, your muggle schools sound fantastic as well. I love, uh...bricks." She finished lamely.
STATS

Veronica Jiménez​

Location: Park Interactions: [USER=5583]@TheWeirdPhilosopher[/USER] [USER=39718]@AnimeGenork[/USER] [USER=49383]@Rayvian[/USER] [USER=62918]@karma.chameleon[/USER] [USER=65703]@trousersquid[/USER] [USER=45164]@lalas181[/USER]

"We have that too!" Veronica blurted out, eager to find a common factor between wizarding Europe and no-maj America. "Moving stairs, I mean, we call them escalators. Only they're very expensive, so we don't have them in schools. They're all around malls though," the girl commented with a large grin on her face. The stairs she knew were, of course, incredibly different from the ones in Hogwarts. Still, had she known the truth, Veronica's excitement wouldn't have weakened in the slightest. Magical or not, the idea of movable stairs, while seemingly insignificant, proved the differences between wizards and muggles weren't as impossible to surpass as she'd imagined.

"You don't have to hold yourself back," she commented, addressing the two witches. She'd noticed their lack of detail when it came to describing their schools which was disappointing, to say the least, as Veronica wanted nothing more than to learn as much about their world as possible. "I mean, a school with magic. Actual, legit magic available to all students. Don't you guys take classes for that? There's no way you have to put up with the boring subjects we have to take like calculous, or fucking physics. Wonder what our schedule is going to be like, now that there's magical folk and non-magical folk around."

It seemed like she wouldn't have to wait as long as she feared, for not a minute after she spoke, wizards and witches arranged themselves into a large circle, flying in brooms and reaching the lops of the globes before breaking off and stopping before each balloon. In front of their balloon, stopped a pretty young woman, noticeably younger than her co-workers. The woman looked happy, yet slightly confused and nervous as she gave orders to a flying quill next to her, rapidly writing down what seemed to be her observations of group number 12. After noticing Veronica staring, the witch smiled and gave her a small wave. A gesture followed by a more serious look, and Veronica watched in astonishment as the woman's quill transformed into a megaphone.

"Artem Orville-Richardson, Gabriel Baker-Scott, please come to balloon number 12. I repeat; Artem Orville-Richardson, Gabriel Baker-Scott, please come to balloon number 12. I rather not worry about leaving you behind on your first day," the woman screamed into the megaphone. So loudly Veronica had to wonder how her eardrums were still intact. "Right, sorry about that. I'm your new guide so, if you have any questions, you come to me."

"That was...odd," Veronica remarked, as their new "guide" flew away as soon as she'd introduced herself. "Somehow I have more questions now than I had before, oh well. I guess there'll be time to ask...whoever that was, during the trip.
coded by dwale

Artem Orville-Richardson

Location: Salem Willows Park| Interacting with: OPEN| Mentions: lalas181 lalas181

Artem winced as he heard his name over the megaphone. He glanced over his shoulder to see his sister's hand stuck high in the air with a thumbs up, just visible through the crowd. Gabe's name had been mentioned too, which answered his previous question. "Well, guess we should get going, huh?" He chuckled uneasily, his heart starting to race once again in his chest. Getting called out like that in a huge group was definitely less than ideal.

He hurried along to balloon number 12 and climbed in, making sure that Gabe was never too far behind him. He could relate to feeling nervous, and he could only imagine how it felt for Gabe. It was hard enough feeling like an outsider to all of this magical stuff, not to mention how it must feel being younger than everyone else in the group, too.

Artem clutched his mini sketchbook to his chest as he boarded the balloon, staring up at the dragon above them in wonder. This is definitely happening. Wow. He couldn't hold back anymore. He fished a felt-tip pen out of his pocket and opened up his sketchbook, looking up at the dragon above them to try and capture it on paper. He wanted to capture not only the creature, but the feeling of seeing it for the first time up close like this. He started to scratch out the rough lines forming the body of the dragon, tried to capture the serpentine shape and the way its tail curled in quick gestures. It was beautiful and terrifying all at once.

In the excitement, he completely neglected to greet any of the other occupants of the magical mighty balloon. He finally looked up from his sketch to realize just how many people he'd been ignoring and tried to make himself a little smaller. "Oh, um. Hello. Sorry we were late."

code by Ri.a

Yuzuru Sei

Interactions: Artem trousersquid trousersquid Gabriel lalas181 lalas181 & practically everyone else on Balloon 12
Currently: Bored AF
you have to do a lot more to hurt me
This wasn't the first, nor would it be the last time Sei wandered off from his group, hunched over with his hands in his pockets. An impressive bruise was forming just below his lower lip. The taste of liquid metallic stained his mouth as a pink tongue darted over his split lip. Fucking Richardson and his fucking impulsive hotheadedness.

A low growl rumbled from deep within his chest. A feral sound which was oddly foreign on someone blessed with angelic features like himself. Oh, the living irony.

Well, he can't go back to group 13, given the unfortunate event that transpired. Richardson was likely weaving his story right now, making an ever bigger scene to a petty disagreement.

"And all over little ol' me," Sei thought with a deprecating grin as dark eyes rolled, shifting from the empty shrubbery to a group of teens gathered like his own group. "What a joke."

He wouldn't go back even if he could.

His gaze fluttered momentarily to the sky, noting how balloon 13 had already lifted in the air. Under his breath, he cursed between grit teeth and quickly moved towards balloon 12, casually slinging his arms around one guy clutching a sketchbook and a kid who looked like he couldn't be more than ten.

"Hello, don't mind me," Sei said in a drag, looking at everyone full in the face before holding eye contact with the guide for balloon number 12. Taking a step back, he unhitched himself from the two he had suddenly grabbed onto. "I missed my ride," the ravenhead explained, flicking a hand in the direction of balloon 13.
code inspired by: southside.

[div class=textbox]
“Sorry, it’s a little hard. Not to long ago people were fined or arrested for exposing things about our world.” Femi smiled sheepishly. It was a bit hard getting used too. While her home was a little more accepting than some places, her government still wanted a level of secrecy about the magical community. “We take a lot of magical classes. My favorite is transfigurations, which is basically turning one object into another. There’s self-transformation as well. People use that to turn into animals known as animagus. I don’t want to go into too much detail. It’ll spoil the surprise for you guys once we start classes.” Femi stretched, a chuckle passed her lips while listening to Veronica. Honestly she was giving the magical schools too much credit, or hers at least. “You’d be surprised at how many boring subjects we have. There’s History of Magic. Which is just like muggle history but with magic. We don’t do anything special in that particular subject, no spells or charms or anything of the sort. It’s a great way to catch up on sleep.” She laughed.

Femi watched as their guide appeared in front of their balloon. She figured that the two names were of students who’d gotten lost. It was easy given the large crowd. She could only laugh when Veronica admitted to having even more questions. The next person who entered the balloon was totally focused on the dragon and drawing it apparently. Femi waited patiently for him to acknowledge them. Once he did so the young witch waved at him, offering a kind smile as well. “Hi. Don’t worry about it.” She waved a hand dismissively. “I’m Femi, it’s nice to meet you.”

She was only a little startled when someone else appeared, grabbing onto the newcomers as if they knew one another. Femi looked him over, spotting the bruise below his lip. She met his gaze and once again smiled in greeting. “Hey, I don’t think an extra person will be a problem given our means on transportation.” She glanced up at the dragon. “So tell me about the muggle world. I only know a little.” Despite being a halfblood Femi spent most of her time in the magical world. She only kept up with the other world through her mother and other family members.

Tags: fancries1 fancries1 , karma.chameleon karma.chameleon , Athens Athens , Aster Aster , lalas181 lalas181

Kathryn "Kate" Descoteaux
Hot Air Balloon #12 || Out of breath
Tags: everyone im lazy

tumblr_pih4qkqerp1vqb793_540.jpg

Kathryn had never been the type to get nervous about the first day of school. Even in her youth, it was a day that brought about excitement rather than anxiety. The prospect of meeting new students and reuniting with old friends delighted her. Besides, it meant she'd be spending her day with people; she wouldn't be alone. If she were just transferring schools, she'd be enthralled by the idea that she would be getting a fresh start. No one would no her, so she could be anyone she wanted to be, and she so often wanted to be other people. Going to school and being around people would, normally, be something she'd consider herself quite good at. However, there was something quite different about this particular first day of school: it was magical, and not quite in the way she'd normally describe it. It was literally magical. There were witches and wizards. It was a whole new world. She was jumping into an environment she didn't quite understand. Sure, she had tried to do a bit of preliminary research, but most news sources and journals about witches were full of propaganda and she could hardly trust any of it. In addition to that, she was nervous that she'd get lost in the fray. Kate obviously had no magic abilities herself, so she immediately figured that her magical counterparts would have no interest in her. She'd be rendered mundane. No one would give her a second look. Usually, she could use her personality to get people interested in her, but it seemed with her no-maj status that she'd be at a great disadvantage. She quickly reminded herself that there would be other normal people like herself and, if nothing else, she could befriend them.

A letter had instructed her where to meet the rest of her group, but it was rather confusing. What method of transportation would be in a park? It was a nice day and her parents decided to drive her to the park to send her off. They couldn't stay long because her older sister needed to be driven to the airport so that she could catch a flight to France, where she would be participating in a study abroad during which teaching refugee children - both magic and muggle - English. Kathryn had learned not to be phased by this sort of thing. She was used to getting overshadowed by Adelaide. It was just the way things went. Despite her efforts, the younger girl had gotten her hopes up that for once she'd be the one doing something important, only to get let down. Whatever. It was fine. She wasn't jealous. She never got jealous. Ever. At all. With a sigh, she stepped out of the car, starting her goodbyes to her parents. "Thanks for drivin--" she choked mid-sentence. Were those, DRAGONS? EXCUSE ME? The redhead stood there, slackjawed. So, this was the norm for her new life? Incredible. She said a quick goodbye to her family. There were no waterworks, just good luck wishes and 'do you need have your X's'. Soon enough, she had her luggage and was ready to go.

Apparently, so were some of the balloons. Kate's heart stopped. Was she late? Oh, God. She sprinted, looking for the 12th balloon. Spotting it in the distance, she ran harder, thinking it was about to go up any second. "Wait! Wait!" She shouted as she got within an earshot. She slowed as she got closer and saw that it didn't look like the balloon was taking off. Blue eyes filled with excitement, cheeks reddened from unplanned physical exercise, hair blown about from the wind and her run, Kate carefully stepped into the hot air balloon. "Hey everyone. I'm," a bit of panting made her speak a little slower, "Kate. No-Maj... Group 12. Sorry, I, uh, didn't.... think I'd be late. " She flashed a smile at the group, wanting to seem as friendly and approachable as ever. She pulled her water bottle out, taking a few gulps to quench the thirst running had caused. She looked around the group, taking note of everyone. There were three other girls, who seemed to be in conversation. There were five boys. One of which was like... ten? Eleven? Was someone's younger sibling joining them? Strange. Two pairs of boys were already talking to each other, leaving one alone. Kate's eye was caught by a camera that a cute brunette had. "Sick camera. You a photographer?" She inquired, then her attention was caught by the boy with the split lip. "Shit, are you okay?" she asked whilst stepping closer and immediately reaching out and cupping the boy's jaw with one hand, carefully avoiding touching his lips, inspecting the split lip. Kate really had no concept of personal space. Besides that, she had first aid training. She released his face and unscrewed the top of her waterbottle, which was half full with ice - a good way to keep her water cold while also giving her extra water once it eventually melted. "You want some ice for that?"

Last edited:
Artem Orville-Richardson

Location: Salem Willows Park| Interacting with: Femi & Sei| Mentions: lalas181 lalas181 erzulie erzulie Aster Aster

Artem jumped as a stranger slung his arm over his shoulder, grateful that he didn't have pen to paper at that exact moment. "Oh, um-" He looked around, unsure whether to introduce himself to the person suddenly in contact with him or the one that had greeted him directly. There were so many things happening that his brain couldn't quite keep up.

"I'm, um... I'm Artem. Artem Orville-Richardson. It's a mouthful, but... Yeah. Artem." He nodded, as if confirming with himself that he indeed had introduced himself correctly. First impressions are important and I am absolutely bombing mine. "Femi, you said? Cool. Cool name." He added, mentally kicking himself again. Cool name. That's really all you could come up with? He tried to shake off his second-guessing, and instead remembered to put on his smile. "So, uh, are you one of the magical folk, or... what's the term you guys prefer? Sometimes it's hard to tell if what I've heard is just people being assholes or actually being considerate." He glanced at Femi as he asked, but there were so many people around that he didn't want to exclude anyone, so he looked around, trying to make it clear that anyone could answer. Just in case he'd already completely ruined his first impression with Femi, which was entirely likely.

Gratefully, the stranger let go of him (not that he was holding him against his will, but Artem still wasn't quite sure what was happening) and Artem tapped his sketchbook nervously. "13, huh? Lucky number, right?"
code by Ri.a

Lotta MacFusty
© southside

tags: lalas181 lalas181
"Moving stairs?" Lotta mumbled, half to herself, the rest of Veronica's enthused ramblings being drowned out by her confusion. How in the name of Merlin could muggles get stairs to move? "How does-"

Her disbelief was interrupted by an impatient professor, a breathy interruption from a guide and the sudden rumbling of movement and anticipation as more students joined them in their balloon. It was getting crowded in there, and the air, already warm despite an airy breeze, grew stuffy and cramped with body heat. It was so different to Scotland's secluded isles, open and icy, and yet so familiar in comparability to a dragon's warm scales.

She smiled.

The newest two on board - a dark haired man with angelic features and a dangerous air and a ginger who held herself like she owned the place - moved closer together, and even Lotta, in all her isolated glory, could see where things were going there. She turned her head away, trying to keep her discomfort at the display subtle, and in doing so made eye contact with one of the newcomers; a kid who couldn't have been older than 13. Was he to be in a year all by himself? That seemed a bit callous. Sympathy for the child had her arm raised in a slight wave before she was even aware of it.

"I'm Lotta." She said, joining the thrum of new conversations around her.
STATS

Yuzuru Sei

Interactions: Artem trousersquid trousersquid Kate Sadistic Sweetheart Sadistic Sweetheart Femi erzulie erzulie
Currently: Neutral
you have to do a lot more to hurt me
His eyes skim over earth dressed in sunflower yellow. A pretty little thing, Sei thinks. Prettier still if she hadn't asked about the "muggle" world, labeling them normies as just that. He nearly snorts to himself and every muscle in his body resists the urge to roll his eyes.

Ever since magic was introduced in their lives, everyone he knows seemed to be either obsessing over the majs or plain out discriminating them. Sei is in the small category (which isn't as small as he thought) who couldn't give less of a damn. Yes, it was interesting. Fascinating, even. But aside from this project which he was forced into, it did little to impact him and his secluded, self-deteriorating lifestyle. To put things in short: Sei couldn't give less of a damn.

But he is rather curious, though he'd never admit himself to be.

Before the male could answer, a hand cups his cheek turning his attention to a lovely looking brunette.

He would've forgotten about his bruise, his injuries, if not for the fingers that press into blooming violets. Given his CIP, something that's throbbing in a raw ache is taken in as a tingly itch.

He doesn't step away, instead wondering what would happen if he were to dip his head a fraction lower to let the stranger brush against the split in his lip. The thought sends a shiver down his spine and he nods, before his flickering gaze shifts to the boy who spoke, words rambled, cloaked in discomfort.

He tilts his head back, shoulders slouched as he answers, dull. "13 is an unlucky number, moron." The insult slips past the gate of his lips. Sei's never had any filter to begin with.
code inspired by: southside.

Kathryn "Kate" Descoteaux
Hot Air Balloon #12 || Curious
Tags: Aster Aster trousersquid trousersquid

tumblr_pih4qkqerp1vqb793_540.jpg

Kate looked over to the boy standing to the side, making a remark about the number 13. He'd introduced himself as Artem, a name she'd yet to hear in her life. Apparently the girl he spoke to was named Femi, yet another name she'd never encountered. These were the people she'd be living with and befriending over the course of the year, so she made sure she was on her best behavior for first impressions. She wanted everyone to like her. She needed it. She reached down into her bag and shuffled around for a minute before pulling out a pack of tissues; she liked to be prepared. She pulled one out then put two ice cubes in the center and wrapped them. It was the best makeshift ice-pack she could come up with. She considered herself relatively resourceful. The girl held it out to the injured boy, who's name she'd yet to hear. She did, however, hear him make a negative comment to poor Artem, who seemed a smidge nervous as is. "Hey, play nice. I bet that tongue of yours is what got your lip busted in the first place," Kate scolded, though she kept a bit of a playful smile on her face.

Blue eyes shifted to Artem, who seemed to hold his sketchbook the way a child would hold a safety blanket. "Artem, was it?" She asked, warmly. "Are you like some sort of artist or something?" She inquired, gesturing to the sketchbook. It seemed like the people on this hot air balloon were on the artsy side, which didn't bode well for her as she found even just doodling stressful. Art had never been particularly fun for her. But, then again, maybe her sample was biased. Maybe it was only those two that were the artsy types. Even if she wasn't particularly interested in art, she figured maybe Artem would get more comfortable talking about something he cared about rather than forcing awkward small talk.

At the same time, Kathryn started taking stock of the people around her, trying to figure out who was like her and who wasn't. She knew Artem was a regular guy as he was just asking what to call the magic people. The girl he'd spoken to, a shorter girl with curly black hair, must have been a magic user since he'd asked her what to call them. She wasn't quite sure which was the injured boy went. Wouldn't someone with magic just heal their own injuries? She was leaning towards human for him. Maybe the younger boy was magic and was just making himself look like a kid as a joke or a disguise or something? That sounded like it made sense. The girl with the camera... probably human if she felt the need to photograph this sort of stuff, right? Another girl, this one with short black hair, introduced herself to the little boy as Lotta. There was nothing about her that made her seem like she could go one way or the other.

Veronica Jiménez

Veronica frowned, hearing Femi's remark about the wizarding government's rules. She could understand why they implemented laws against telling no-majes about magic. They were afraid of persecution against their kind, something humans were more than good at. Still, as an aspiring journalist, Veronica couldn't completely accept any law restricting freedom of speech, or any form of censorship. She was about to speak out on the issue, when they were joined by even more people. First, a boy about their age whose first instinct upon entering the basket was to sketch the dragon. An instinct she sympathised with, seeing as she'd done the same thing back when she'd first arrived.

The second newcomer was unexpected, to say the least, and not only because he wasn't even a member of their group. His appearance was rough and mysterious, his scrapes and bruises telltale signs of fighting. He was definitely intriguing, at least he was to the ever-so-curious Veronica. "Rough first day?" she asked playfully, her finger touching her lip in the place where the boy's injury stood, "I agree with Femi, I doubt magical air balloons have the same weight limit as regular ones do. Then again, I've never been in one before so what do I know?" Truth was, despite the initial excitement of being in a dragon-powered balloon, Veronica was less than eager to actually fly all the way to Ilvermorny. She was, after all, deadly afraid of heights, not that the others had to know about that. "They're probably safer too, I hope," she commented softly, more to reassure herself than to the others.

The third newcomer, a pretty ginger girl who'd volunteered to help the boy with the split lip, was quick to make a good first impression, immediately complimenting Veronica's camera as soon as she entered the basket. "Thank you! It's an EOS-1N, isn't it pretty?" she boasted proudly. She couldn't help it, it wasn't every day that people complimented her gear and her camera was certainly not cheap, but it was worth it, "journalist, actually, though I do dabble in photography every now and then. Mostly pretty girls, so I guess I'll be paying more attention to it more than ever judging by what I've seen in this basket," she winked, bright green eyes roaming over Kate.

"Right, how rude of me. I'm Veronica Jiménez. No-maj, clearly," she said, finally introducing herself as the other balloons started taking off. She knew they were about to take off as well, her nerves spiking at the thought of being so high up in the air for who knows how long. "So, Femi, you wanted to know more about our world?" she asked, trying to distract herself from the thoughts of certain death plaguing her mind. "There's quite a lot of cover, though. I could talk to you about our classes, politics, movies, whatever you'd like."
coded by dwale

Users who are viewing this thread

Back