• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
This RP will draw much of its concept from the old White Wolf RPG system. (No, we aren’t using dice.) But I intend to emphasize the use of Fringe Science, rather than magic. The RP will be heavily involved with psionics (TK, ESP, etc) with abilities spelled out.

Our protagonists will be a group of young men and women whose origins are a parallel Earth where the Cold War never ended. Instead a 3 way Cold War was still being waged after decades between the USA, USSR and China. And a Fourth Reich had arisen with the aid of ISIS. It was a very ugly world. But our group was shielded from most of it.

They were bred as warriors to combat the enemies of the American way of life - whatever that was. (They grew up in labs.) They are the result of 21st century versions of the old 1970’s CIA / DARPA experiments with drugs to develop psionic abilities. Their training was forced and cruel. Before they could grow to reach their full potential the world came under an assault by new enemies.

Starting around the late 1990’s to early 2000’s (1998-2004) their world began to face three new enemies. One was the Iron Wind, an order of demonic ‘magi.’ The second was called the Cult of Cthulu. The third was called Matrix, which had all the characteristics of its namesake.

Project Terat was eventually tracked down and targeted for extermination by the Iron Wind. Many of the group didn’t make it, but a few escaped through a breach in reality to an alternate Earth. They arrived during the Krewe of Boo, the Halloween Parade in New Orleans, a party second only to Mardi Gras.

RP Start
Nov 1, 2027
New Orleans, LA
(Or if the group prefers we can pick up during the celebration.)

Characters
Characters should be between mid teens and mid 20’s. Their grandmothers were all pregnant women in the 1980’s who became subjects of experiments. The results of those experiments were mostly unexciting, but a few showed promise. The first members of the group would have been born in the early 2000’s.

For your CS, I will not be including Background. You can always add it if you create a native to OUR Earth. Personality can be left very skimpy and developed in roleplay. Their personalities would not be unlike that of Eleven in Stranger Things in Season 1. She knew next to nothing of life outside of a lab.
Please try not to duplicate one another.
Blank CS
Terat Powers

Posting
3rd person past tense
Semi literate to literate.
Modest length (300 word should be on the low side)

Translation: I am not going to be a grammar and spelling Nazi. Content will be more important than length. Contribution to the story and/or character development is expected. Try to interact with the group. Stick to the plot.

Plot
For plot I am considering adventure along the lines of Stranger Things. That is the sort of atmosphere I am looking for, but set in the very near future.

Realistic or Modern - Project Terat - Characters

Realistic or Modern - Project Terat - OOC

Realistic or Modern - Project Terat - Lore

Users who are viewing this thread

Back