• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Project Pandora [Darkest Powers Inspired] IGNORE THE POST COUNT, Still looking!

Ariel

The Mermaid Slayer
Supporter

P r o j e c t . P a n d o r a

HcrM6yC.png

celtic-37953_640.png
tumblr_n4uptnRhC41s2ypwgo1_500.gif
celtic-37953_640.png

~

Former Projects
"Dr. Davidoff?"

"Yes?"

"We still have hope yet. You know that, don't you?"

"Yes, but... when you dapple with such evil creatures, it's the equivalent of opening Pandora's box, I hope you understand that."

"The other projects have failed. Remember the one good thing that came from opening Pandora's box?"

"I remember the story well. Some say hope rested at the bottom of that box. I, however, have always been a more realistic man. In any case, let us pray this group truly pays off."

Plot
In this world, there are the supernatural that live among us. There are necromancers and witches, there are werewolves and half-demons, there are even vampires that exist, that are out there living their lives among very normal human beings. Some species come in many, having thousands of its kind. Some are only few in number and are very rare to come by. Some are welcomed in the supernatural community and some are shunned and feared, other supernaturals having gone as far as to kill them to eliminate any danger they may bring.

An organization known as the Edison Group have been dappling with the genes of these creatures, bringing back species that haven't existed in hundreds of years, enhancing powers of the already existing, and now, forcefully creating some of the most evil creatures known to man, some of them supernaturals that have yet to come into existence and are only known through story and folklore. When a project fails, when these supernaturals become too much to handle, sometimes they are eliminated completely. And now... It is a new age of supernaturals, a dark and fearsome age. The Edison Group have made a hefty gamble all in the name of science.

Superpowers in these subjects usually become apparent in adolescence, 13-17. So, our story takes place at a local high school for troublesome kids, the kind of place a judge sends a teen whose has caused far too much trouble but hasn't done quite enough to earn them a place in a juvenile detention center. Students here have committed crimes from battery to theft to public destruction of property. Bars are put on the already bullet proof windows. Metal detectors are set up at all entrances of the school. Police officers patrol regularly, but really, it isn't kept up with all that much. Most of the security is just for show, an excuse to keep funding and the authority there is mild at best. It seems most of the staff hate being there as much as these kids do. These supernatural children have all ended up here because of their secret darker side and love for committing evil acts, and have all ended up here coincidentally it seems... Or have they? What will happen from here on out? Will the Edison group finally succeed? Or will this project fail like it's counterparts?

Species
Banshee

A banshee can receive premonitions of someone's death, hearing voices in their heads that tell them to go to a murder scene. Sometimes they will subconsciously draw or write about this. They also have a damaging sonic scream that holds the possibility of harming others ears and breaking apart nearby objects with the sound waves. Often it can be heard from far distances.

Hellhound

Hellhounds have a subconcious need to protect the other supernatural no matter the cost. They are impervious to fire and, in their true forms, become engulfed in flame. They hold the power of pyrokenisis, the ability to wield fire and generate flames or intense heat from their bodies.

Succubus/Incubus

These creatures are part demon, known best for their power of seduction. Sexual Activity can cause their partner to lose health and even die while the Succubus/Incubus takes their life energy for them self. Even a small bit of energy can be sapped from a kiss. They have rectracable sharp claws.

Trickster

Tricksters are particularly cunning and intelligent, using their wit to deceive others. They have the power of illusion magic, making people see things and hear things that aren't there. Often Tricksters use this power to take on other forms either by looking like someone else or even going as far as to shift into an animal. If one were simply to touch the trickster, the illusion would disappear.

Dark Fae

Dark Fae's especially love to commit naughty deeds. They are a magical type of creature, but are unlike witches and warlocks. They hold the ability to possess other living creatures for short periods of time and are able to manipulate the dreams of others, often to induce nightmares.

Encantado

Encantado are a water species, able to swim very well and hold their breathe underwater for long periods of time. They are known for their superior musical ability, their love of physical attractions, and their passion for partying.

Arachne

Arachne are people especially inclined to spiders. They are able to summon large amounts of spiders (usually from their mouthes), have a venomous bite, and can produce silk webbing from underneath the beds of their nails. Arachne tend to be sadistic.

Important Info

This roleplay is a reboot of something once called Project Shadow, something I worked on with a friend whom I believe has long since left this website. It had a lot of potential then and quite a good deal of people had been interested, but unfortunately, it never had a chance to sprout its wings and take off. I'm hoping this time around it can go much farther, given some motivating factors and some editing. To make sure of that, I will be looking for someone who can Co-GM as I work a fulltime job and want to have someone around to consistently stoke the fire.

This will be a detailed RP, so be prepared for a lot of writing! This story is inspired by the Darkest Powers series written by Kelley Armstrong, a wonderful series I would recommend reading. No prior knowledge is needed to participate in this RP in regards to the series. Any information you, or rather your character will need to know will be added and compiled in a lore section, which is currently in the works. If you have any questions before it goes up however, please feel free to ask! I will only be accepting two characters from each role and ask, for the time being, that each person only submits one character. Some of this is subject to change depending on the level of interest received. For the most part, this mirrors how the original roleplay looked, but I will be making some edits and adjustments before the roleplay goes live! I look forward to seeing interested players!

~

Last edited:
Interested. I really enjoyed reading this book series when I was younger, and it's good to see it getting some rp love! Count me in. :)

This sounds really cool! Especially since I love the Darkest Powers even though it's been so long since I've read it lol.
I'd totally be interested in a Banshee or a Hellhound. or even both lmao
Let me know if I can help out any, but I am totally in!

Definitely, everyone! Spots saved. For the moment, its one character a person but that might be subject to change depending on how many post CS. I will have a CS page up before the night is over!

Bump!
And an update. The max character count per person has been raised from 1 to 2

A bump over here, a bump over there.
Here a bump, there a bump, everywhere a bump, bump.

Bumping again! Deadline for sheets is the sixth.
Currently we're still looking for two succubus and one encantado.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back