• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern PROJECT: Magical Girls OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
The SCP level misinformation guy division is currently helping Rogues.

Repairer's current state is a poorly thought out and crappily cobbled mess of conflicting concepts, so.his current goals are a mess too XD
Also, we know for a fact they have unnamed Magical Girls.

Zero is a genius, I wouldn't be surprised if he had a few tricks up his sleeve

Also, we know for a fact they have unnamed Magical Girls.

Zero is a genius, I wouldn't be surprised if he had a few tricks up his sleeve
I'd be shocked if the Site didn't have their own intelligence department. Relying slolely on a very not-loyal agent who's in it for an undisclosed reason is downright stupidity lol

We are also going to ignore that Swallowtail is probably an excellent counter to what few combative abilities Repairer does possess. The Dark Site doesn't have countermeasures as long as I say with great gusto

Swallowtail is nearly a good counter to anyone in general.

Unless she can't see them or they can separate their body into multiple segments I guess.

The secret, LostHaven LostHaven , is to have Repairer do Swallowtail plenty of favors. No need to worry about a magical girl if she's in your pocket, so to speak. Alternatively, Swallowtail is Zero's insurance against Repairer, and he's already got Omerta'd.

Severia Severia Orihara Orihara Just to note, but the Silence would exist until after the Giga-Stomp is over, because Swallowtail habitually silences loud attacks. As such, if the plan is to rescue Cinderella before the Stomp, it would be good if the Unkillable Machine did it in a way that didn't involve using her own body, or her heart and her brain would have a bad time due to the whole 'prevents magical communication' thing interfering with her magitech body.

Lord Moldoma Lord Moldoma I'm pretty sure that Grizzly was pretty high up in the air during this, and as a result, Swallowtail would be too. This is important, because that means that the two of them would have gotten out of the way of the foot a good while (relatively speaking) before the foot itself struck the ground, due to being in the sky before this. Subsequently, the whole thing that you wrote about the two of them getting hit by the wave of debris that lifted up as a result of the foot stomp would not have happened.

And yeah, she's good at fighting people who are reliant on magical drones or magical senses, as well as doing 1v1s against people who consider themselves to be 'strategic' fighters.

The secret, LostHaven LostHaven , is to have Repairer do Swallowtail plenty of favors. No need to worry about a magical girl if she's in your pocket, so to speak. Alternatively, Swallowtail is Zero's insurance against Repairer, and he's already got Omerta'd.

Severia Severia Orihara Orihara Just to note, but the Silence would exist until after the Giga-Stomp is over, because Swallowtail habitually silences loud attacks. As such, if the plan is to rescue Cinderella before the Stomp, it would be good if the Unkillable Machine did it in a way that didn't involve using her own body, or her heart and her brain would have a bad time due to the whole 'prevents magical communication' thing interfering with her magitech body.

Lord Moldoma Lord Moldoma I'm pretty sure that Grizzly was pretty high up in the air during this, and as a result, Swallowtail would be too. This is important, because that means that the two of them would have gotten out of the way of the foot a good while (relatively speaking) before the foot itself struck the ground, due to being in the sky before this. Subsequently, the whole thing that you wrote about the two of them getting hit by the wave of debris that lifted up as a result of the foot stomp would not have happened.

And yeah, she's good at fighting people who are reliant on magical drones or magical senses, as well as doing 1v1s against people who consider themselves to be 'strategic' fighters.
Is that better?

What constitutes as a favor?

Buying her Starbucks?

Giving her a cube that's her favorite color?

Collecting Jiggys for her?
Lending her a Nintendo Switch? Do the Dark Site even feed their toys magical girls well? Do they just eat nothing but MREs?

Is buying them some Burger King like a massive favor?

Now we're asking the real questions

Lending her a Nintendo Switch? Do the Dark Site even feed their toys magical girls well? Do they just eat nothing but MREs?

Is buying them some Burger King like a massive favor?

Now we're asking the real questions
If this were a wackier series like one piece, that'd be the only reason the magical girls of dark site want Zoe back. Because she's the only one who can create food that tastes any good.

MREs taste better than Burger King. And MREs are VASTLY preferrable to the cursed image of eating Zoe's mochi. ;3

Really though, it'd probably be important to figure out how Repairer wants to approach this first. Does he see Swallowtail as an enemy that ought to be disposed of post-haste? Because I doubt she even knows he exists right now (unless Zero literally hires her to deal with Repairer).

MREs taste better than Burger King. And MREs are VASTLY preferrable to the cursed image of eating Zoe's mochi. ;3

Really though, it'd probably be important to figure out how Repairer wants to approach this first. Does he see Swallowtail as an enemy that ought to be disposed of post-haste? Because I doubt she even knows he exists right now (unless Zero literally hires her to deal with Repairer).
The only one who explicitly knows he exists is Leigh for some reason that I am not bothered to make up, my headcanon is that a single-digit executive who does know told Leigh as to keep an eye on Repairer. Otherwise, you'd need like Batman level deduction skills to track down Repairer yourself, lmao.

Hopefully Zero doesn't hire an assassin to off Repairer. He doesn't like the Dark Site, but he's not explicitly hostile either. He'll eventually end up as an enemy of the site (This will happen probably far beyond the feasible time frame, I did not think a lot of things through when making this character), but until then he'll ensure that what he puts onto the table outweighs the inconvenience his lack of subordination poses. Given that Yu-Ri seems to just treat her current state of being as just a job, and isn't particularly emotionally invested or has any particular motive to go out of her way to be an obstacle, she isn't a 'kill on sight' threat.

Fuck, somebody who is more rational and less of an emotional shitshow like Rose, half the magical girls etc, may make it far more appealing candidate to establish some sort of mutually beneficial relationship instead of just outright manipulating/deceiving. If the second Dark Site squad returns to pursue mochi titan, they might even receive some support. His current goal is to help his best friend commit die, another magical girl with allegedly very strong connection to their 'entity' can provide some nice lead.

That said, if anyone does decide to off Hildred, that route is entirely on the table as far as I care. An enraged Castaigne, or a Castaigne consumed by grief after discovering their appreciation for fleeting mortal lives far too late sounds like a fun antagonist to play for like two pages before going out in a blaze of glory lmfao

If the second Dark Site squad returns to pursue mochi titan
Giga Gigantor more or less self-destructed due to being unable to hold itself together from Swallowtail's ability. It's a correction that I think will leave everyone happy.

Zoe is going away on foot right now, all that she can defend herself with is presumably Pyuru's Gada. If a second team went out to hunt her down and found her she'd be out of luck.

Her body is still recovering from being on the verge of losing cohesion.

Giga Gigantor more or less self-destructed due to being unable to hold itself together from Swallowtail's ability. It's a correction that I think will leave everyone happy.

Zoe is going away on foot right now, all that she can defend herself with is presumably Pyuru's Gada. If a second team went out to hunt her down and found her she'd be out of luck.

Her body is still recovering from being on the verge of losing cohesion.
The main thing is that she supposedly has a 'high sync' with her 'entity'. Along with something (that I probably misread) read earlier somewhere that she 'sold her soul', she'll probably provide more interesting results through a more 'hands-on' examination rather than simply providing a little push and then simply observing.

That, along with the fact that:
  • For the most part, artificial partners seem to be the ones enabling the Site's 'Magical Girls' to their powers
  • Artificial Partners were created by the site, meaning magical girls outside of the site, which are explicitly stated to exist, probably don't have them
  • Nobody knows for certain the fates of 'artificial partners' if their magical girl dies, so there's probably something sus going on there
Repairer will be interested in Zoe, for all the reasons you don't want one to be interested in you for.

But Zoe will probably come way later, Hildred isn't even entirely aware of what went down in the forest over the other side so far. After offering a hand to the first group of rogues, I'm going after Rose first.

I think the main issue is scale.
It’s funny that I’ve been talking about how Grizzly is an outlier since the start…

Anyways, I’d say that the central issue is more that Gigapudding gives off the impression that she’s invulnerable … so you’d need a pretty esoteric way of fighting her to begin with.

But also Grizzly is still insane. Like, it’s buckwild that she can summon magical bears that can match the speeds of people like Vanguard and Rose…

…this fight is just going to catch the rest of the rogues as collateral damage.
I’m sort of the opinion that GG’s grizzlies would be much more interesting if they had the normal strength of an actual bear. Keep in mind that a regular grizzly bear can still lift 500kg of weight and bites with a pressure of 1100 PSI. That change doesn’t do anything to change GG’s direct power level fighting one-on-one, but it does mean that GG’s use of bears needs to be slightly more tactical just because each one she summons isn’t able to match a regular magical girl in combat.
Mitsuba didn’t have a chance to fight back against the bears — she was overwhelmed by both strength and number. If it was only the bear’s strength or the bear’s number that surpassed her, Cinderella could still fight back and lose and it wouldn’t feel like she was completely steamrolled.
The only other “horde fight” magical is Gutter Queen and she’s got some very interesting potential, outright saying the clones are weaker than the main body but still giving them a lot of tactical room to work with. I don’t think it’s necessarily fair to engineer a character that, with both at base form, when facing a character of a similar skill set, can beat the other easily — that’s a heavy amount of power creep.
It also means that Girlish Grizzly doesn’t have the ability to output magic on a level proportional to several dozen regular magical girls, now that each bear wouldn’t have the same scale of enhanced ability as a regular magical girl. This doesn’t get rid of her direct destructive potential in explosions, but it does mean that her well of power isn’t implied to scale far and away from more physical fighters.

This also means that GG’s own grizzly form can be much stronger and faster than her summoned bears, allowing that option to be much more special in the way that she uses it.

As for Zoe, it seems like she has some very fun power and I greatly agree that the creativity aspect is fun. The scale at which she uses it can be problematic, but engineering weaknesses in magical girls is as important as determining their strengths.
I would like to preface these by saying that they are all suggestions and you do not neccesarily need to take any of them to heart — I had some ideas and wrote them down because I’ve been thinking on how my character’s power level fits into this roleplay for a while now.
Zoe’s already been shown to go to any lengths to win, and she literally stretches herself thin to do so. MP limit is one solution, but another is *physical deformity.* Maybe it takes Zoe a while to reshape her proper magical girl form from a mochi blob form, causing her to temporarily sacrifice one aspect of herself (her dream body) for power.
It also seems like Zoe relies on absorbing the things around her to develop strategies. While it isn’t as immediately relevant right now, maybe certain things like glass or metal can’t be absorbed by the mochi, making it so that she’d have to work a little harder to develop those strategies.
Maybe Zoe doesn’t always have that giant mochi form ready because she wants to lay low, or maybe it’s because she prefers the magical girl form and if it takes a while to come out of kaiju form she’d rather not constantly have it activated. Her fatal flaw *is* that she wants to retain her magical form and she’ll go to any lengths to do it.
Lastly, it could also take time to build up to Kaiju form and other large-spread techniques, making the mochi gain a little more incremental and allowing Zoe to only scale herself up to fight powerful threats where she *needs* to hit that level of physical scale.
I think you mentioned water as a similar weakness, in that it thins Zoe out? If she’s able to create enough mochi at a time, she can circumvent that weakness by making more mochi at a faster rate than the water can dissolve it.
The only one who explicitly knows he exists is Leigh for some reason that I am not bothered to make up, my headcanon is that a single-digit executive who does know told Leigh as to keep an eye on Repairer. Otherwise, you'd need like Batman level deduction skills to track down Repairer yourself, lmao.
Leigh is mostly free to do their own mercenary thing as long as it’s with the permission of an executive, and they’re not known for being in any particular executive’s pocket — sort of just behaving and taking whatever requests they want while snubbing whatever executives try to put them on a death mission. Since they’re technically in hospice care and they’re universally useful to all executives, no one’s really considered offing Blue as a result of insubordination. They’re a careless child of politics.
Given the new lore involving Executives, I think it’s safe to say that both missions have been on different Executives’ dime — one to vaguely “put Repairer in his place” by an Executive that doesn’t care for him, and one to nudge Negev into an Executive’s pocket — not that it ended up working out.
Lord Moldoma Lord Moldoma Lily_G Lily_G

I’m sort of the opinion that GG’s grizzlies would be much more interesting if they had the normal strength of an actual bear. Keep in mind that a regular grizzly bear can still lift 500kg of weight and bites with a pressure of 1100 PSI. That change doesn’t do anything to change GG’s direct power level fighting one-on-one, but it does mean that GG’s use of bears needs to be slightly more tactical just because each one she summons isn’t able to match a regular magical girl in combat.
Mitsuba didn’t have a chance to fight back against the bears — she was overwhelmed by both strength and number. If it was only the bear’s strength or the bear’s number that surpassed her, Cinderella could still fight back and lose and it wouldn’t feel like she was completely steamrolled.
The only other “horde fight” magical is Gutter Queen and she’s got some very interesting potential, outright saying the clones are weaker than the main body but still giving them a lot of tactical room to work with. I don’t think it’s necessarily fair to engineer a character that, with both at base form, when facing a character of a similar skill set, can beat the other easily — that’s a heavy amount of power creep.
It also means that Girlish Grizzly doesn’t have the ability to output magic on a level proportional to several dozen regular magical girls, now that each bear wouldn’t have the same scale of enhanced ability as a regular magical girl. This doesn’t get rid of her direct destructive potential in explosions, but it does mean that her well of power isn’t implied to scale far and away from more physical fighters.

This also means that GG’s own grizzly form can be much stronger and faster than her summoned bears, allowing that option to be much more special in the way that she uses it.

As for Zoe, it seems like she has some very fun power and I greatly agree that the creativity aspect is fun. The scale at which she uses it can be problematic, but engineering weaknesses in magical girls is as important as determining their strengths.
I would like to preface these by saying that they are all suggestions and you do not neccesarily need to take any of them to heart — I had some ideas and wrote them down because I’ve been thinking on how my character’s power level fits into this roleplay for a while now.
Zoe’s already been shown to go to any lengths to win, and she literally stretches herself thin to do so. MP limit is one solution, but another is *physical deformity.* Maybe it takes Zoe a while to reshape her proper magical girl form from a mochi blob form, causing her to temporarily sacrifice one aspect of herself (her dream body) for power.
It also seems like Zoe relies on absorbing the things around her to develop strategies. While it isn’t as immediately relevant right now, maybe certain things like glass or metal can’t be absorbed by the mochi, making it so that she’d have to work a little harder to develop those strategies.
Maybe Zoe doesn’t always have that giant mochi form ready because she wants to lay low, or maybe it’s because she prefers the magical girl form and if it takes a while to come out of kaiju form she’d rather not constantly have it activated. Her fatal flaw *is* that she wants to retain her magical form and she’ll go to any lengths to do it.
Lastly, it could also take time to build up to Kaiju form and other large-spread techniques, making the mochi gain a little more incremental and allowing Zoe to only scale herself up to fight powerful threats where she *needs* to hit that level of physical scale.
I think you mentioned water as a similar weakness, in that it thins Zoe out? If she’s able to create enough mochi at a time, she can circumvent that weakness by making more mochi at a faster rate than the water can dissolve it.

Leigh is mostly free to do their own mercenary thing as long as it’s with the permission of an executive, and they’re not known for being in any particular executive’s pocket — sort of just behaving and taking whatever requests they want while snubbing whatever executives try to put them on a death mission. Since they’re technically in hospice care and they’re universally useful to all executives, no one’s really considered offing Blue as a result of insubordination. They’re a careless child of politics.
Given the new lore involving Executives, I think it’s safe to say that both missions have been on different Executives’ dime — one to vaguely “put Repairer in his place” by an Executive that doesn’t care for him, and one to nudge Negev into an Executive’s pocket — not that it ended up working out.
Lord Moldoma Lord Moldoma Lily_G Lily_G
Zoe has a lot of avenues for her power. It's all in what she needs to think up for the situation.

The nature of the absorbption was by imbedding the Mochi, which is extremely sticky and viscous like puddy in this case, via a complex series of intertwining roots and surface connections. Ie; it holds itself together via the objects that it supposedly "Absorbs" but uses itself as musculature to move those objects simultaneously.

The fact that it looked so human is really just more of a stylistic choice than anything (I really love murata's designs)

More importantly, she can't use her titan form outside of her crisis mode because she needs to be at roughly the same level of power as GG to do it. This was a rare case where her fear overpowered her sensibilities in subconscious terms. Ergo the main reason why she was defeating GG so soundly wasn't purely because of power, it was moreso that GG was in a poor situation which disadvantaged her full power, and Zoe was both more creative, and more willing to abuse the surroundings and any advantage she needed. Some of it was also playing "The Usopp" with GG and combining self rationalization/sacrifice, with intimidation and bluffing.

Afterwards, as you saw. When she emerged again. Her body was seriously screwed up. She looks like if Vomited Fuhrer Ugly had a significantly more attractive daughter (Granted, that's a very low bar.) She pushed herself to her limit and until her body naturally regenerates, it'll be all fucked up and slimy for a while. If you think she's dysphoric normally, you probably haven't experienced her when she looks like she's melting into a pile of vaguely mochi-colored vomit.

Her sync ratio is just high enough that she can be in her magical form and regenerate her Mdrive's energy at a slightly higher rate than she uses it, but the moment she starts using her ability to turn into Mochi, she puts herself on a timer, just like every other magical girl (Except for GG and maybe Vanguard?) And eventually she will have to change back.

Since my last IC post is sort of a GM post, I've addressed a decent number of things

Lord Moldoma Lord Moldoma As I've said, once you have toned down Zoe's power so that she's acceptable to everyone OOC then IC-wise I can and will do anything to help you. I've provided her a perfect excuse to display that power during those posts and then to apply your nerfed version from this point onward. I should have done this right after we had OOC conflict, but by that point I have barely written anything else, so you have my apologize.

Lily_G Lily_G Having a mean of observation is a pretty big issue in this setting and after several attempts I have no other choice but to usurp your Exec character and make her mine. I hope you don't mind that.

Mirai-chan Mirai-chan This is what I meant when I said I would expand on whatever you have written. Now that you are a part of this story, feel free to run into any Dark Site character any time you want I can't wait for GG Vs Alex. Or you can just come party with us at Beecham!

And just saying, but I've finished part 2 since Sunday morning. The reason I made a post this late was because this was originally a 4-parters with a lot of details in part 3 and 4 that I have scrapped because they are inconsistent with the last few posts being made while I was wasting time fine-tuning my long ass one. I'm not saying this to blame anyone. Actual interactions are always better than back and forth dialogues from my chars alone. It's just that part 3 turned out to be too short compared to all the time I spent on it so just feel like explaining myself.

Since my last IC post is sort of a GM post, I've addressed a decent number of things

Lord Moldoma Lord Moldoma As I've said, once you have toned down Zoe's power so that she's acceptable to everyone OOC then IC-wise I can and will do anything to help you. I've provided her a perfect excuse to display that power during those posts and then to apply your nerfed version from this point onward. I should have done this right after we had OOC conflict, but by that point I have barely written anything else, so you have my apologize.

Lily_G Lily_G Having a mean of observation is a pretty big issue in this setting and after several attempts I have no other choice but to usurp your Exec character and make her mine. I hope you don't mind that.

Mirai-chan Mirai-chan This is what I meant when I said I would expand on whatever you have written. Now that you are a part of this story, feel free to run into any Dark Site character any time you want I can't wait for GG Vs Alex. Or you can just come party with us at Beecham!

And just saying, but I've finished part 2 since Sunday morning. The reason I made a post this late was because this was originally a 4-parters with a lot of details in part 3 and 4 that I have scrapped because they are inconsistent with the last few posts being made while I was wasting time fine-tuning my long ass one. I'm not saying this to blame anyone. Actual interactions are always better than back and forth dialogues from my chars alone. It's just that part 3 turned out to be too short compared to all the time I spent on it so just feel like explaining myself.
Alrightio, I'll Get my Post up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back