• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern PROJECT: Magical Girls OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Ngl that looks much easier to evade than a high speed bowling. Either way I will wait for @ERode to respond before I make another post.
The mochi rebound attack is of higher speed than the high-speed bowling due to the elasticity acting like a high tension spring. But I'm not surly enough to give anything else away.

I feel like some of these magical girls should be a little concerned about how much fuel/mana/MP/magic juice they're using to power their attacks

Head-up, this will be long and likely controversial. I will try to deal with this the best I can, but you have been warned.

So yeah, considering that I have a broken character myself, I don't want to do this. I REALLY don't want to come out and say this. But
I feel like some of these magical girls should be a little concerned about how much fuel/mana/MP/magic juice they're using to power their attacks
in addition to this, I've been receiving a PM from another player (whose identity I will not disclose) expressing their concern over both GG and Zoe and what they are capable of for a while now. I have been defending both characters, saying that it won't be fun without some crazy power ceiling and that the players have enough sense to not ruin the story and power scaling. As time passed, I was proven that I was right on the latter... or rather, half right.

Over a number of posts, Lily_G Lily_G has been implementing various drawbacks and restrictions on GG, Dark Site's absolute control over her, her lack of insight, her vulnerability shown in the last post, to name a few. The more I read, the more I find GG to be likable and sensible, despite the initial absurd impression her seemingly broken power gave off. On the other hand, Lord Moldoma Lord Moldoma , you have been adding nothing but improvement and new flashy moves to Zoe. Heck, Noa even tried to help you, having Kuma saying something like that in their last post. However, that's not enough to convince me, another player who had been PMing me, as well as Nellancholy Nellancholy who already voiced their concern above. And this is why I decided to come out, albeit so reluctantly. Imo, the best way for us to settle this peacefully and happily would be for the players to come up with restrictions acceptable to the rest of us. I know I can do that job, but I will respect the players behind the characters and let them do it first.

Firstly, about the concern over GG's insane firepower which I also share the same opinion to a degree. Having an ability to create a totally-not nuke as something that 'is not even half of her maximum limit' sounds really problematic. However, based on her existed backstory of 'having unnaturally high magical reserve' proven and justified by the absolute control a Dark Site Exec had over her, as well as her established flaws being shown in the later posts, I'm giving GG a chance and ask Lily_G Lily_G to change nothing. So far, you have demonstrated an ability to keep an insane character in check and I'm willing to place my trust on that. However, take this as a warning that you have 'a borderline character with abilities that are concerning to some other players' and I hope you won't make me regret the decision to left her untouched.

Next is... Well, let me first shamelessly say that I'm a writer who favor powers and abilities with insane ceiling over balanced, mundane one, provided that they come with enough drawbacks that keep them in check, or in case of my own character, justified background. However, let's take a brief look at Zoe. She tanked a concerning nuke above unscathed, then keep using large scale moves one after another without any drawback or being exhausted at all. Compare to her opponent who has that rich backstory and now I'm not even sure who is the Dark Site's most destructive magical girl anymore. If you have read until this point and still don't know what I'm saying, then let me make it clear for all of us. I'm not trying to be overbearing or forceful here, but it's clear that Zoe needs a nerf, and likely more than one.

- Her magical reserve aka her MP. In my opinion, she should already show minor sign of fatigue by the time she strengthened her defense against that GG nuke, and if she's dishing out something like that Rollout (And no, I'm NOT biased because I had to spend weeks getting over Miltank and that damn gym when I was a damn clueless kid. I'm totally serious here.) that is strong and fast enough to force an OP character like GG to receive damage, after already creating a fkn colossal titan, then that should be the best she can do. No more grand scale attack like the one you just wrote. But thinking more carefully, I think the issue lie more in the next point

- The output of her power. I will not mention GG here for obvious reasons, but that titan, the ball and then that last jump kick. All these moves are stupidly broken compare to what majority of characters excluding GG can do. And then there is that background of you saying that 'Zoe managed to escape because the Dark Site staffs were careless.' Realistically speaking, if I were a Dark Site member and I have to take care of GG and Zoe with their current abilities, then I would let GG escape without the second thought while I devote all resource to brainwash Zoe and prevent her from escaping. I hope that say enough about their power scaling.

I feel like I can say more, but before this thing turns into a literal wall I will stop here. Lord Moldoma Lord Moldoma I'm not typing this long to say that I dislike your character. Quite the opposite, I like that creative aspect of her. However, when that creativity leads to a brokenness, I think we can agree that something need to be done to not worry other players. I wish you can tell us soon about your opinion on how to fix those issues, specially the 2 points I asked of Zoe to be nerfed.

I only stepped up because two players other than me have expressed their concern. Also
I can leave if you really hate my character that much…
if you are saying this I encourage you to finish reading what I spent almost half an hour typing up first.

I’m making pancakes. I’ll be happy to go delete my posts and destroy the entirety of the plot we have going if it makes whoever wanted to bitch about my writing happy.

Also, if you had a problem with the background, you should’ve said so during the acceptance process.

Also, if you had a problem with the background, you should’ve said so during the acceptance process.
Even now, I still have no problem with that background at all. It only becomes a problem when you considering that background and what she is capable of together

Even now, I still have no problem with that background at all. It only becomes a problem when you considering that background and what she is capable of together
Their carelessness was in underestimating her level of capability. Which I guess she won’t have anymore since you want to tear away something that I thought was neat and that I worked hard on to write.

Lord Moldoma Lord Moldoma I'm not wasting almost an hour of my rare free hours to kick you out of this. A little adjustment to make your character in line with all other characters is all I need.

Lord Moldoma Lord Moldoma I'm not wasting almost an hour of my rare free hours to kick you out of this. A little adjustment to make your character in line with all other characters is all I need.
In line with all of the characters except for the one that can literally create a nuclear blast on command at half power, right?

How do you want me to correct what’s happened in the plot already.
First, just come up with a solution to what I asked. The more balanced version of your character where no one else will dare PMing me or posting here to complain about Zoe being broken ever again. After we have settled on that, I can fix whatever events happened with whatever excuse I want.

In line with all of the characters except for the one that can literally create a nuclear blast on command at half power, right?
I also stated my opinion on that already.

more balanced version of your character where no one else will dare PMing me or posting here to complain about Zoe being broken ever again.
I think the main issue is scale. I wanted to stand a chance and matter in the grand scheme of things and I overstepped my boundaries by wanting to be relevant to the plot instead of running away and waiting for the next event. But if it’s such a problem. I understand and I’ll be happy to hang my character’s established level of power out to dry in order to keep you all happy.

To be honest,my statement was just something I thought of off-handedly,since I myself took a more measured approach towards measuring Vanguard's abilities and the amount of energy she could afford to use to utilize them. It's fairly clear that the power level between all parties was a lot lower overall until the second batch joined in,and when it comes to this kind of roleplay I'm used to having a bit of discussion OOC about how far things will go when things start escalating IC.

Personally,I certainly don't expect past posts to be revised,and I certainly trust all parties involved to not just keep raising the stakes indefinitely (with a tiny bit of consideration towards the players who aren't playing more overtly powerful characters). I think this scene and subsequent uses of the high-powered abilities could be resolved just by slowing things down a bit and keeping the escalation more gradual in the future.

My desire to write my own story was selfish. And frankly I should be punished for it. And if that means making my character less absurd then I’ll take it, as long as it keeps me from being booted from the rp like I am with everything else I get involved in.

People don’t like me so I was on thin ice trying to do this. And I think it came ahead simply enough.

The only issue is scale. I was not fully aware that GG was inherently meant to be peak performance and unbeatable without multiple magical girls working in perfect order to put the hurt on her. (Afterall, she commands an army of nuclear bears with super stength and flight.

I didn’t have any scale for how big and fancy my powers were supposed to be. So I can keep them more reasonable if that’s what you want. I hope you can afford me the same trust to keep my character in line now that you’ve voiced your disdain for my choices and the absurdity of my posts.

I admit I was stretching what I thought my character should be capable of from the start, and was under threat impression that no-one had a problem. I’m sorry for my confrontational response as it was a spur of the moment defense mechanism.

I originally intended for the ability to be much less intense. The titan was kind of an improvisation based on the fact that you seemed to be okay with GG’s level of power and wanted us to “fight the other side.”

Uh its like past midnight and I'm too tired to interject and offer anything useful.

I'm gonna type anyway because I'm braindamaged like that.

An ass load of posting has been done and fucking over hours of writing is just shit for all parties involved. Not even much of an adjustment to power is needed imo, we've got quite a few ridiculous abilities that Rose being the strongest just seems like the evaluator fudged test results for their own benefit lmfao. Just finish up the fight scene and have the mochi monster suffer severe backlash from overuse of MP. That's enough of a restriction lol.

Uh its like past midnight and I'm too tired to interject and offer anything useful.

I'm gonna type anyway because I'm braindamaged like that.

An ass load of posting has been done and fucking over hours of writing is just shit for all parties involved. Not even much of an adjustment to power is needed imo, we've got quite a few ridiculous abilities that Rose being the strongest just seems like the evaluator fudged test results for their own benefit lmfao. Just finish up the fight scene and have the mochi monster suffer severe backlash from overuse of MP. That's enough of a restriction lol.
I’m not interested in letting my character get killed off right afterwards. It’d be out of character for GG not to immediately proceed to beat her to death.

If I suffer a major backlash like a detransformation now, my character will either be crushed by falling debris or beaten to death within the hour.

And before you tell me that maybe I shouldn’tve overused my powers if I didn’t want that, I should remind you that we hadn’t established an issue when this fight started nor until just now, after my posts.

I hardly think there's anything to worry about on that front. If Lily_G Lily_G says that won't happen,it won't happen. We and our characters aren't strictly bound to one path at any time and no one's putting character death on the table at this point. Everyone present in that scene has the chance to contrive a reason for Zoe to not die,this is a collaborative effort.

And if that means making my character less absurd then I’ll take it
I’m glad we can agree on this. For now we have two simplified options

- Keep what Zoe can do, but with less MP (e.g. knocked out after a few minutes of titan)

- Tone down what she can do

LostHaven LostHaven seems to suggest option one while Lord Moldoma Lord Moldoma what you were saying seems to lean more toward option two. Personally, I'm fine with either, so long as a reasonable adjustment has been made. After we have settled on it, I can always blame all the happened event to survival instinct or something more absurd. So there's no need to fix any happened post and you can keep enjoy writing your story with us!

I’m glad we can agree on this. For now we have two simplified options

- Keep what Zoe can do, but with less MP (e.g. knocked out after a few minutes of titan)

- Tone down what she can do

LostHaven LostHaven seems to suggest option one while Lord Moldoma Lord Moldoma what you were saying seems to lean more toward option two. Personally, I'm fine with either, so long as a reasonable adjustment has been made. After we have settled on it, I can always blame all the happened event to survival instinct or something more absurd. So there's no need to fix any happened post and you can keep enjoy writing your story with us!
I intend on toning her down. I didn’t understand that she was meant to be weaker than what she presented herself as here. And for that I am sorry.

Glad we could work this out now,no one needs to give each other a hard time and we can keep at it.

Whenever characters start going against each other,some talk OOC to determine how far things will go is a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back