• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern PROJECT: Magical Girls OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Speaking generally, I don't think Wingy should be passively giving such a ridiculous buff just because people happen to be in her vicinity when she's moving at multiple times the speed of sound. In such circumstances, I'm honestly more fine with the idea of Gigapudding going all out at her own expense in order to match a GG that didn't even end up using her 100 Bear Nuke + was handicapped by having to make sure Cinderella didn't get destroyed by inertia and shit.

That being said, Moldoma, if you can't trust the GMs with your character's future plans/upgrades and hijinks, honestly, it'd be best for you to leave and find a RP where you can trust the GM. Having to do PvP is one thing, but if you're out there fighting GMs in the OOC as well, it's not going to be a pleasant setup on either side, because there's no opportunity for you or the GMs to gain any trust in each other. You don't trust the GMs to do right by you if you reveal everything you thought of, and the GMs can't trust that you're not just pulling shit out of your ass if you don't talk to them beforehand. Meanwhile, every other player is looking at this being like "ok, so can we make shit up to explain why our characters are actually super strong as well?" through things that aren't part of the CS that was written down and accepted.

Of course, Severia's out there saying that Wingy was hiding her true power level the whole time and is actually also much stronger than what was written in the CS, so who knows. Maybe that's just expected in the RP.

So yah. My advice is to at least toss your future plans/secret power ups to Heartstorm for approval, and to check with them before you add anything to the lore. If you don't want to do that, then apply for a co-GM position.

Also, on the topic of magical machines vs magical girls, it's simple: the machines are 100% loyal and operate on cold logic, but the girls have greater flexibility and can do the magical girl thing of using emotions as fuel. If you're a criminal organization, the machines obviously seem like the smarter option to go for, after your girls went rogue.

Of course, Severia's out there saying that Wingy was hiding her true power level the whole time and is actually also much stronger than what was written in the CS, so who knows. Maybe that's just expected in the RP.

Also, on the topic of magical machines vs magical girls, it's simple: the machines are 100% loyal and operate on cold logic, but the girls have greater flexibility and can do the magical girl thing of using emotions as fuel. If you're a criminal organization, the machines obviously seem like the smarter option to go for, after your girls went rogue.
Magical machines seem like an interesting plot down the line, but that seems like a leap in the Dark Site's threat level that isn't necessary to be made so early into the current scenario. I'm having fun watching the Magical-on-Magical scrimmage as it is right now -- that being said, with the wild disparity in levels of control and behavior for all of the magical girls, both Rogue and Dark Site-aligned, the idea of an Executive getting the ball rolling to inevitably phase out from a complete reliance on them. Then again, this seems like a second jump in power and stakes that doesn't really feel needed right now; "shaking things up" isn't necessary when we don't have enough to go off of to claim repetition.

Similar to the powerscaling issue, I don't necessarily mind the difference in power between characters -- they're unique fighters for a reason -- there can be less powerful and more powerful magicals -- after all, the whole idea of emotion-enhanced powerups relies on the idea that a less powerful character could scale up to beat a more powerful one, evening the balance (if not overused), but if we engage in power creep too often, it can stratify more powerful magicals to the point that a lower-tier magical couldn't hope to land a blow on them without a powerup. Blue Diamonds toes a very careful line between on-par physical ability and excellent creativity that means I don't want to start tacking on powerups to stay relevant in this RP, or at least not for a while, but the existence of Girlish Grizzly doesn't imply that we'll stay with linear powerscaling over exponential powerscaling for long.
I just don’t want to be played for a fool and hurt again like I have so many other times either through people leaving without a word or going on a Tyrades on how immature I am, and how I need to get a life or whatever other meaningless terminology they want to spew at me.
If you'd like, I don't plan on Blue fighting Zoe any time soon. If you need a person to bounce ideas off of and a second opinion without the judgement of a wider group of people, my DMs are open.

I only have less than half an hour for this, but I will still say something in hope to solve this as best as I can.

That’s right. I won’t deny what LostHaven LostHaven said. Tacking on my details on Zoe is overstepping, maybe even not a little. But it’s what I deem necessary based on our consensus from the last time the drama broke out. Based on her fight with GG, Zoe was surviving an attack almost reaching a literal nuke level and still had enough juice to continue fighting and winning against an insensible powerhouse like GG. That fact alone made it impossible to ‘be acceptable to everyone OOC’ that we had agreed on, so it’s clear that she need some adjustment from that state. And Lord Moldoma Lord Moldoma regardless of how you would nerf her, achieving that level of output again (survive a nuke, followed by 3 large scale moves) is unacceptable under any circumstances. But since those actions had already happened, I had no choice but to come up with an excuse that allow her to do what she should never be able to again, and so the post happened.

It’s fine to think that what I have done is going against your idea, but I can’t do anything about that. The main reason is
I haven’t let you guys in on everything for the sake of dramatic effect and tactical analysis.
This. You can’t expect me to write up anything that perfectly flow in the way of your character if you don’t give me any details to work with. Lily_G Lily_G ERode ERode and KAmber KAmber might be your enemies IC, but OOC we are a group of collaborators trying to work out things together. I failed to see how any of their comments could give off an impression that they don’t like you as a person or that they want to play you as a fool.

A person leaving a RP because of OOC reasons is totally normal, but letting someone leave due to IC problems that turn into an OOC conflict is something I will always try my best to prevent. If you really want me to edit that part out then I can easily comply and change to something else, but be warned that I’m not an award-winning writer or all-knowing god. As long as you withhold crucial information from the rest of us then don’t expect any solution I make to be able to completely satisfy you.

RIP my short break…

Going to take a bit of time to see if Castaigne and Hildred have anything to say before I have Sibylla pick up Wingy

Of course,it's not like Repairer is the most trustworthy,but Sibylla is suspecting the entirely wrong person,for now.

between an ally that helped in making their elaborate escape plan and a nonexistent fucker who's done plenty of messed up things to magical girls, I think Sib chose the right one to suspect lmao

After some further evaluation. The nature of the wingy situation doesn't inherently conflict with my story as much as I thought it did.

After some further evaluation. The nature of the wingy situation doesn't inherently conflict with my story as much as I thought it did.
Glad to hear that. I hope you can get along with us better. Also
If I reveal what I have planned you’ll subconsciously do everything in your power to tear apart what I have laid out. I’ve been in RPs before, I know the drill. Everyone likes to dog pile.
I still strongly believe this is NOT true, but considering what you have been through I will not press you any further. At least when you are ready I hope the rest of us can hear about that grand plan of you before it appears IC Lily_G Lily_G LostHaven LostHaven ERode ERode I know you guys are right, but for now I will have to ask you to place your trust on Lord Moldoma Lord Moldoma that they won’t pull anything out of their ass.

withinasapphire withinasapphire how close you want to be with Wingy before Blythe escaped from the facility? I have 2 scenarios in mind and what I will write depends on your answer.

Severia Severia Well, I think it would depend on if Wingy would have known Blythe at all before Dark Site managed to break him. He was young when he was taken, and was a little more willing to talk to others at the time, unlike at later points in time where he became essentially mute and withdrawn. If he knew Wingy when he was newer to Dark Site, I think he would have considered her a friend. He would have needed one once his sisters were gone.

Tangeantially Related question: Are all of the execs normal serious business-types or are they there own wacky cast of characters like the O5 command?

I think you don't become a high ranking member of a global conspiracy controlling an army of magical soldiers without being a little eccentric. But from what we've seen so far,most of them are probably good at keeping a decent face on. Doesn't mean they're not wacky in situations where they feel in control.

Severia Severia I can call the Execs with the squad leader phone right? Do you mind it I control 008 again?
I don’t mind you temporarily controlling 008 again, but that phone can’t use to make a call. Its only functions are receiving call and messaging app (think a line/discord group with other squad leaders and Execs.)

Tangeantially Related question: Are all of the execs normal serious business-types or are they there own wacky cast of characters like the O5 command?
Each has their own personality and traits, but generally they appear serious, especially the lower number ones. That said, if you plan to control and write up your own Exec then that person can have whatever personality you want. Do note that I can steal your Exec like I did with 008 if I feel like you are doing what you shouldn’t be doing with them.

I don’t mind you temporarily controlling 008 again, but that phone can’t use to make a call. Its only functions are receiving call and messaging app (think a line/discord group with other squad leaders and Execs.)

Each has their own personality and traits, but generally they appear serious, especially the lower number ones. That said, if you plan to control and write up your own Exec then that person can have whatever personality you want. Do note that I can steal your Exec like I did with 008 if I feel like you are doing what you shouldn’t be doing with them.
Alright. I will post soon.

Can I have another Exec? This time discord only.

I certainly hope you're not planning on writing into the plot about the site being extremely wary of Giga's power (Which apparently was never hers in the first place.) now and expending a bunch of resources to take her down expecting a big fight since she's not allowed to use any of her extended powers anymore.

Lily_G Lily_G Should have taken 050 smh
So that’s the total number of Execs we have? 50?

I certainly hope you're not planning on writing into the plot about the site being extremely wary of Giga's power (Which apparently was never hers in the first place.) now and expending a bunch of resources to take her down expecting a big fight since she's not allowed to use any of her extended powers anymore.
ERode ERode still have a chance to edit that message about to be sent. And even if it is sent like that, I doubt the Dark Site (which is actually Heartstorm78 Heartstorm78 and Severia Severia ) has any specialized team to send in.

So that’s the total number of Execs we have? 50?

ERode ERode still have a chance to edit that message about to be sent. And even if it is sent like that, I doubt the Dark Site (which is actually Heartstorm78 Heartstorm78 and Severia Severia ) has any specialized team to send in.
Yeah. I'm probably just being paranoid. I'm sorry. RPs normally don't always last this long for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back