• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Project Lazarus | Lore

Characters
Here

april

愛護する
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
THE LAZARUS PROJECT - LORE

SETTING | Year: 2037, the bulk of Project Lazarus is hosted and facilitated in an abandoned mine in Wyoming that was requisitioned by the US Government and expanded upon. The entire facility spans 50 acres and has multiple levels, each with a unique purpose. No expense was spared for this project and as such the facility is equipped with the latest technologies concerning medicine, security, and even more simple amenities such as kitchen equipment.

Level 1 of Project Lazarus headquarters is entirely compromised of barracks and housing for the staff, including lounge areas and private bedrooms. This level is dedicated to the comfort of the Project Lazarus staff. Staff includes security personnel, cooks and kitchen staff, janitorial and maintenance crews, IT technicians, administration, etc.

Level 2 is dedicated to security. High tech weaponry and defenses are housed here and this is the part of the facility that monitors everywhere else. Only security personnel and approved administration are allowed access to this level, all others bypass it. In fact, access to this level is restricted via secondary entries that require multiple security stops and scans to allow entry.

Level 3 houses Project Lazarus’ databases and dedicated servers as well as most of its power supply. Along with levels 1 and 2, this is one of the most secure areas in the facility.

Level 4 is made up of dining areas and recreational facilities. Due to the overwhelming size of the facility and the amount of staff and subjects, there are 5 separate kitchen and dining areas, 5 fully equipped gyms, 2 movie theaters, as well as an artificial park with a fully simulated daylight cycle from sunrise to sunset. Access to level 4’s recreational wing is granted to all staff of Project Lazarus but only certain approved subjects.

Level 5 is the training facility and medical wing for Project Lazarus. Lots of wide open spaces allow for subjects to use and train their abilities with little worry for damaging the facilities. This level is heavily reinforced to withstand pretty much anything thrown at it. The medical wing serves two purposes: to heal and to experiment.

Level 6, the final level, houses the subjects of Project Lazarus. Newcomers are housed in barracks style rooms made up of wall-to-wall bunk beds and a shared commercial style bathroom. They shower and wash up in a communal washroom. After a training period that varies from person to person, subjects are assigned to their squads and move into dormitory style living spaces that are shared with their squad. These spaces have small private rooms as well as attached full bathrooms. Common areas in these spaces are still shared. With continual progress and consistent loyalty and cooperation, subjects have the opportunity to move into fully private living spaces equipped with full sized bedrooms, a small kitchenette, a full bathroom and even a living room stocked with books and a television. On the other hand, however, uncooperative subjects are moved into isolation tanks that have no bed, a toilet, and often don’t even have lights. Those that remain uncooperative after their stays in isolation and punished more severely, sometimes even resulting in death.

Outside of the facility, this roleplay takes place all over the world and will vary between different points in the story.

FOUNDATION | The initial launch of Project Lazarus was in 2007 and began with the government’s purchase of over 50 acres in Wyoming. This purchase was never publicized, however money exchanged hands, some were silenced, others were brought into the fold and thus Project Lazarus had a base of operations. The construction of the facility took years of planning and building as well as recruiting and training of the facility staff. With those obstacles the Project didn’t actually kick off until the summer of 2015. That July the Project saw its first success through experimentation. This subject, subject Alpha, was granted the ability to move things with his mind; he was telekinetic. Emboldened by his newfound abilities, Subject Alpha did what any person in his position would do - he rebelled. 4 staff members were killed in a feeble attempt for Subject Alpha’s escape, he was captured rather quickly however, and with their methods proven the organization had no use for a volatile and unpredictable subject, and so Subject Alpha was terminated.

Subject Alpha set a precedent for Project Lazarus and opened their eyes as well. They boosted their security measures tenfold and also implemented protocols that would prevent further rebellion in current and future subjects.

It didn’t take long for Project Lazarus to kick into full affect once they had a proper roster of subjects as well as the correct preventative measures and protocols to keep them in line. The US now had super soldiers and they intended to use them. The first wave of subjects started covert operations and assassinations in foreign countries, and once these operations proved successful, the organization began usage locally, dispatching subjects to take care of national security threats and other local issues.

Much of the success of Project Lazarus hinges upon its secrecy, often leading to subjects being forced to silence any witnesses to their operations or simply taking out those that interrupt or get in the way of their operations.

THE ESCAPE OF SUBJECT DAYDREAMER | After Subject Alpha, the organization had little to no issues with reigning in and controlling their subjects, or if they did they would simply terminate and move on with a new subject. However, in 2024 Daniel Marks was captured and brought in as a subject. After a month or so of experimentation, Daniel’s conversion was successful and he was granted the ability to make people fall asleep and was able to control, view and invade their dreams. Daniel was given the alias Daydreamer and became a highly utilized subject for Project Lazarus, as he was especially proficient in intel-gathering operations. Initially cooperative, the organization stuck with simple control protocols: threats to family, isolation, etc. None of these protocols were ever used on Daniel, however, and for 4 years he was a model subject. He followed orders, cooperated with staff, was even quite friendly with a lot of them and eventually was granted access to level 4’s recreational wing.

While friendly and cooperative, Daniel wasn’t known very well amongst the other subjects, not even in his squad. He kept to himself and when not using the recreational facilities, could be found in his private quarters often reading. This was by his own design, as the entirety of his time there, the Daydreamer had been concocting a plan. In his recreational hours, Daniel often explored the artificial park. It was there that he found a hidden corner, out of view of cameras and in an area of the park not many frequented due to its seclusion. It was a small window, but it would work for his purposes. Over the years Daniel had made friends with a member of the security personnel and the two often walked together in the park after meals. One day, he lured the security guard into the window and used his ability to put him to sleep and stole his credentials and uniform. From there Daniel made a slow ascent out of the facility and with such a large staff, he went mostly unnoticed. Once he reached Level 1, however, he had finally been noticed. Alarms blared and Level 1 security rushed to where he’d been found, but Daniel had a trick up his sleeve, a level to his ability that even his handlers didn’t know about - he was able to cause mass unconsciousness, though it took a lot out of him. Though the reports say he only caused those in a 1 mile radius to fall unconscious, rumors say he affected the entire level. No matter what actually happened, Daniel opened a wide enough window for him to escape the facility, and after that Subject Daydreamer was never seen again. Some suspect he was found and killed by the organization, others hold hope that he is still alive and working towards exposing Project Lazarus.

No subject since has ever escaped, though a select few tried and failed. Daydreamers escape caused tightened security protocols as well as a remodel to the artificial park and an increase in the quantity of cameras and surveillance.

Last edited:
THE LAZARUS PROJECT - RULES

GENERAL RULES |
  • All of RPNation's rules apply here, if you do not know them I suggest reading them over here RpNation: Community Guidelines
  • No God-moding - these may be super-powered individuals but that doesn't mean that they're invincible.
  • No Meta-gaming, any outside information you may have regarding the plot or details about other characters should not influence how your character interacts with things in the roleplay.
  • 18+ Only please
  • I will be limiting the number of applicants I accept to no more than 8, each applicant should only apply for 1 character unless prior permission has been granted.
  • Acceptance is not based on first-come-first-serve, I reserve the right to reject any character.
  • Literacy is a must! I will be requiring 2 paragraphs minimum per post, this is to ensure that everybody playing has something to work off of.
  • I will be upholding a one post per week rule as well
OOC RULES |
  • Be respectful
  • Keep OOC in the discord, it doesn’t belong in the roleplay hence why we have a discord to begin with
  • I mean honestly just use common sense, chances are if you think what you’re doing is wrong, it probably is

CHARACTER CREATION/ABILITY RULES |
  • As of the start of the roleplay your character needs to be 18 or older. It is possible for your character to have been abducted before they were 18, however it should be noted that the organization does not abduct anybody younger than 15.
  • We will be using anime/comic style images/faceclaims for this roleplay
  • For initial applications you should only apply for 1 character, however once you’ve been accepted you can make more as long as you feel you can handle them, and they will have to be approved as well.
  • Your character can have multiple abilities as long as they go together. For example, somebody who could control water could likely also breathe underwater, whereas somebody who could control fire could not as it doesn’t make very much sense. That being said, you cannot have so many abilities that your character is essentially a god, as that would be unfair.
  • The only two abilities I am outright restricting are invulnerability and immortality, other than that the sky is the limit. I’d like to work with you all to fine tune your characters abilities in a way that fits into the roleplay and so that you still have fun with it, so if you have an idea send it in the discord, or if you’re uncomfortable doing that then DM me and we’ll talk about it.
  • In terms of your character’s history it should be assumed that before they were abducted they led normal lives: they went to school, had jobs, had families, etc. unless previously discussed. If you have an idea for, let’s say, an agent of the organization turned subject or something like that then just ask and we’ll talk about it, if I feel it works for the roleplay then I’ll green light it, if not then we’ll work together to find something else you might find enjoyable.
  • Abilities should have weaknesses, as I feel it adds an extra element of depth. If you’re having a hard time coming up with weaknesses, let me know and I’ll try to help you out with that.
  • Alongside abilities, it is okay for your character to have weapons and other combat skills, or generally any skills you think would be helpful
  • I don’t mind fancy codes or anything like that as long as all of the necessary information is provided.
  • Character applications must have the following information: -name
    -alias/codename
    -appearance (preferably an image & any extra details you may find relevant)
    -personality
    -history
    -ability description
    -ability weaknesses
    -other skills (I.e combat skills & proficiencies)

You can include other information if you’d like to, however the listed information above is mandatory

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back