• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Project Lazarus | Character Sheets

Lore
Here

palisades

愛護する
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
THE LAZARUS PROJECT

CHARACTER SHEETS | Welcome to the character sheet section of Project Lazarus. Once you've read over the lore and gotten a good idea for the character you’d like to play you’ll submit your character application here. Character creation protocol and rules regarding abilities and whatnot can be found in the lore section of Project Lazarus which will be linked here as well as above.

This first post will be edited with the list of approved characters and I will also tag whoever is approved in an update post below, please note once more that this is not first come first serve and I reserve the right to deny any characters. Good luck and I can’t wait to see all of your creativity!

APPROVED CHARACTERS

Last edited:
Appearence:9974176._SY540_.jpeg
Hotsuin.Yamato.full.2082252.jpg
"*Ahem* is this on? Ah yes, it seems to be working appropriately. My name is Dr. *long static* and I'm giving you a rundown on Project 7148 codenamed Mirage. His real name is Kallen Vice Kincade, and as of the moment of this recording he is twenty-four years old." A distinct pause was made in the recording however it does continue after a few moments. "Before we get into the exact details of the expirements done on the young man, I will share how we came across Mr. Kincade for future referencing for correct procedures"

"Kallen was a brilliant child, born and raised in Rhode Island. However, most of his childhood was spent in childcare services. Bouncing from home to home he never seemed to get attached to any families that took him in. Of course, this is from Kallen's memory of the events... Prior to when we officially discovered him at the age of fourteen. Most of his earlier years of life were poorly documented.

Kallen initially caught our attention when it was discovered the boy had a high intellect and was able to learn things quickly to the point of abnormality. It took a bit longer than anticipated to get clearance to take the young teen, but it was achieved within the year."

"Many tests were done on Project 7148. Typically, on the boy's mind. We were fascinated by his ability to learn and gave him different and difficult subjects and tested him thoroughly on them. He passed with very few errors on only select minor and unimportant details. No connections were made in regard to the details that were missed. Though one of my colleagues claim that the project simply deemed the information unimportant. That is purely speculation.

Once the studies were completed, we as a unit had the idea to enhance the boys mind further, particularly in the ocular region to help him gather information quicker. Psychic enhancements would allow further growth if the time needed to analyze the subject of study would be decreased. However, our initial goal wouldnt be the result. Similar procedures had been done in the past with only a small margin of error. This time the result was something completely unexpected. After the procedure was complete Kallen regained consciousness much earlier than planned. The change that occurred was unpresidented and different. As soon as he opened his eyes he seemed to fade from sight. Even if the doctors in charge to feel him physically they could not see nor hear him. It was only when his eyes closed were they able to see and hear him. This is when his project was given a proper name Project Mirage."

"The capabilities of Mirage was tested frequently over the course of several years just in case of sudden changes in strength or even if it was possible to enhance the power further. It was determined that there was a slight hiccup during the process of awakening him to psychic power and it didn't only affect his eye color, it effected how he is perceived. It is relative to an aura of ignorance. His mind gives out a passive signal through his eyes to ignore his presence and untrained minds and those without extremely attuned senses won't be able to see or hear his actions. This of course doesn't pertain to things he's holding like guns for example. This only lasts as long as he has his eyes open, so it seems like when he blinks, he returns into sight only to fade again.

"One of our scientists is now completely blind. According to the video Project Mirage kept direct eye contact for a solid minute and it was enough to overload their ocular nerves and cause them to go blind. Mirage was in pain after doing so claiming his eyes hurt and he wanted to rest. Upon using a psychic suppressor and studying his eyes there was a large amount of irritation and they were completely bloodshot like he hadn't slept in days. Since this incident even under the psychic surpressors Mirage doesn't look people in the eyes and avoids it."

Important notable weaknesses are as follows: psychic suppression, it may seem ridiculous to note but the blind can hear him and deaf have no problem seeing him, and extremely advanced senses like that relative to a dog's sense of smell. Large crowds also tend to wear out Mirage, when his power effects more than ten people at once it begins to put strain on his eyes and brain. He can only keep it up for about an hour without rest in those conditions without suffering from nose bleeds or even crying blood. It was tested very carefully after the stare incident. He shows up in photos and camera videos.

"Project Mirage's temperament is calm and gentle even though he's been trained as a ruthless killer. He's highly mature and it takes a lot to make him unhappy with any one person. While on the job his mood is greatly different from when in the compound.

Outside the compound and on the job, he gets quiet and keeps speaking to a minimum unless necessary. Contrary to this non-vocality, he's the first to move when it comes to getting his allies out of sticky situations. This is the only thing that is considered similar to his usual personality.

He spends his time here cooking, sleeping, and reading. Mirage has said openly that he doesn't mind it here and we are inclined to believe this due to the fact he has never once attempted to use his abilities in order to leave. Reinforcing this fact, he has taken to cooking for the staff who do his medical check-ups and run tests on him. When questioned on why he does this he said, 'Food always tastes better with company. It's hard to eat with anyone or talk to them now that I'm like this. There are only a few activities that I can actually do with my eyes closed, eating just so happens to be the easiest.'"

Mirage has also been observed helping those younger than himself with advice or other simple tasks like carrying objects to just being present for emotional support."

"The training of Kallen went smoothly, many things he only had to be taught once before he quickly became self-sufficient. It however took time for him to become good at combat. Having to put on muscle and build strength was a challenge at first and it took several years to teach him. Now he is a master hand-to-hand combat, close quarters gun disarming, and assassination techniques. Cooking, first aid accompanied by knowledge in the medical books he's read, and how to use make poisons he is simply the closest thing to a perfect assassin."

"I will be leaving other notes of some importance with this recording regarding other varied questions that were asked directly to Kallen for sake of referencing and other data. Please be advised this information is confidential and top secret."

Date of Birth? "My birthday is April 22."

Sexuality: "Uhhh... well that's a tad personal but I can say for a fact I'm straight but... I can't really say i feel any attraction towards them unless I know them pretty well first." Demi-romantic Heterosexual.

How many years have you been in captivity? "Oh, I think it's been nine years now? I'm twenty-four now. Wow, time sure does fly.

What is your original eye color? "Before I got my abilities? They were hazel. Now they are a pale blue... I liked them better before, but I can't really complain."

Height and weight? "Currently I'm six feet and one inch tall and two hundred and sixty-four pounds."

Do you have any scars or identifiable markings? "I do have a scar across my chest from training. The cut wasn't too deep, but it was a long one. I have a picture if you want to see."

Last edited:
  • RIVER
    DAVINA MICHELLE

name
    Maeve Eisner
    nickname
    Mae, Ve, Ei
    date of birth
    April 1st
    sexuality
    Demisexual
    Lazarus Identifier
    #00626 "Gilgamesh"
    ability
    Equip
left
right
coded by natasha.

Last edited:
  • Dead men tell no tales? Why, I find them to be rather chatty.
    Freya
    enter
coded by natasha.

Devourer
Eliza Bishop
★★★★★★
Female/22 years old
Questioning
5ft/110lb
Appearance
Standing 5 feet tall, Patient #45251858 also known as Eliza is a female young adult with an alabaster complexion. A particularly notable feature is three long indents, Two across each cheek and one split in the middle of her mouth down to her neck , almost resembling that of a cleft palate.
Her eyes are angular and green with vertical slits which help her contract and expand light like that of a house cat. She also has a mole underneath her right eye.
Her physique is quite normal, a lean torso with wider shoulders, thicker legs, and slender hands. However, the same indents that align her face also align her back in a longitudinal direction which is where her tentacle appendages reside.
Her hair is slick and black however when the sun hits it her hair gives off a colorful sheen. It is also quite long-reaching her lower back, her nursing staff recommends that her hair be cut much shorter to not get entangled in her appendages or soiled during feeding time, however, Eliza has made most attempts to trim her hair very hard, if not impossible unless she permits it which is almost never.
With her quite odd features and her thick eyebrows, she has earned the moniker of Catapiller by staff.
Personality
Most notice this when first meeting Eliza, Her demeanor is seen as unsettling and detatched. She is impulsive and driven more by her hunger and urges than sitting down to think about how her actions can affect her. To make matters worse she's slightly unstable, misunderstands social cues, and is quite naive, but in an odd way, they're balanced by habits of being a pleasant and good-natured woman. Even careful encounters have been ruined because of her impulsiveness, which is unfortunate in and of itself as after those events Eliza feels remorseful and wishes to make friends. Eliza is complex like the rest of us. She's realistic about her circumstances if nothing else, that's at least some form of redemption for all the peers she has hurt.
Unfortunately, her nature is always there to ruin everything again, and because of that, she has limited access to recreational activities unless she is prepped beforehand. In a way, her personality is the result of her lack of socialization with other subjects that she so desperately wishes to maintain contact with.
History
Data records show that before Eliza was kidnapped at the age of 15 , she lived with her single mother in a section 8 housing unit. While Eliza lived in poverty with her other siblings and lived in a chaotic environment, she developed quite normally as her family was loving despite the obvious struggles they faced to just survive. The eldest of 5 siblings, Eliza was working as a store cashier to make additional income, she was also quite the academic, hoping to become a neurosurgeon as she was fascinated with the human brain and nervous system. She hoped to one day pull her family out of poverty and buy her mother a house.
Eliza had no contact with her biological father, she did not know who her father was since her mother intentionally hid that fact. Her father was a respected political individual who was married at the time, and Eliza was the result of an extramarital affair. If her father could choose Eliza would have been aborted at his request since if his infidelity came out to light his reputation in the community would be damaged. Her mother however had no intentions to part with what she called her ''gift'' and parted ways with the father of her child. Leaving a blank name on Eliza's birth certificate.
Once Eliza turned 15 she set out to find her father after a heated argument with her mother. Eliza felt like it was her right to know who her family was, even if he didn't want her but her mother had insisted she dropped the issue and moved on with her life. This was the contributing factor that caused a typically kind and respectful child to pack up her bag with the essentials and leave. In Eliza's mind, this would only be a quick trip as she had an inkling of who her father could be. Her mother had slipped some details throughout the years and all Eliza needed to do was show up at that man's house. Maybe he would blow her off but there could be a chance he would accept her into his family.
All of her other siblings knew her father, that fact alone made Eliza feel isolated and abandoned.
However, this was the last time Eliza was seen by her family and friends. CCTV cameras show her walking past a few convenience stores and gas stations before disappearing altogether. Although it has been several years since Eliza has gone missing, her family still advocates for her safety and hopes she is still living.
Abilities, Weaknesses, Skills

Tendrils: Eliza has four tendrils that sprout from her back and reach 2 meters in length, at the end of each tendril is a serrated blade composed of bone that can be used to hook onto buildings or hook into targets. They are very durable and can not be cut by normal means unless the blade is heated, and they can not be wounded by gunfire unless a high-caliber weapon is used. In which case will disable them until Eliza reabsorbs them to let them heal. If cut off they do grow back but take about 3 months to a year to do so.
Her tendrils are far from invincible, continuous gunfire will critically wound all of her tendrils to the point of them being unusable and leaving Eliza extremely vulnerable, they can also be shocked to the point of just being limp, frozen stiff, or burned and shriveled.

Inner mouth: a vestigial piece of anatomy, Eliza can split her lower face open, scientist are not entirely sure why her body deemed it a necessity to Eliza, but it is theorized that the wider her mouth can be opened, the easier it is for her second mouth to come out and feed. This second mouth is long and can reach her body length depending on how far the subject is and how big it is. This appendage has tentacles at the end of the mouth that will latch onto her subject and secret acid from her stomach that she then can consume the juices with.
Her second mouth is more of a utility than an outright weapon, she can shoot acid at people with them but it can just as easily be sliced or maimed. Opening her mouth the way she does also leaves her vulnerable as one shot to her mouth would either disable her permanently or kill her.

Enhanced : Eliza has improved scent, sight, hearing, smell and touch as well as her skin being harder to penetrate and any wounds can be healed faster.
Although Eliza is an enhanced human, almost everything about her can be counteracted. Her heightened senses can easily become a detriment to her. bright lights, loud sounds, noxious fumes, heat, and cold can incapacitate her and are regularly used to restrain her. Her skin is not impervious to being wounded, it just takes more force to do so and if she takes sustained damage her body becomes overloaded and will heal like that of a regular human, or not at all depending on the damage.

Skills and Proficencies:
_________________________________________________________________________________
  • Eliza has been trained in the way of performing assassinations. Her second mouth will leave no trace of any individual as she just eats them whole by hollowing out their insiders and swallowing their exterior.
  • She has also been taught how to perform stealth operations, as her tendrils can be used to climb buildings, slip into air ducts, and help her climb walls to become undetected due to her short height. Since she almost never needs to actually walk she is unable to be heard and can not leave evidence behind. With her abilities, she can leave areas in a blink of an eye. Unseen and Unheard, Unless they look up.
  • Eliza has been taught to become a Mid-Ranged fighter if needed. This is not preferred since her tendrils can cause blood and tissue to be spread everywhere. While keeping distance as so not to be injured, her tendrils can block incoming damage, while also perforating a target due to their length.
  • Intimidation - She is proficient in scaring most individuals due to her uncanny appearance, most individuals say that something about her looks off, inhuman, Unsettled by her they are more likely to talk, and if that doesn't work, a good shriek can do the trick
  • Allure - Eliza is incredibly beautiful to the point of it being unnatural, although her face has inconsistencies (the mouth and eyes) she has adapted herself to lure unsuspecting men and women to their demise, this works better if her face is obscured or the person is intoxicated and can write off her apperance.

CODE /
SEROBLISS

Last edited:
FACECLAIM IS CURRENTLY BEING REDRAWN

Project Lazarus
Character Sheet
xx/xx/2037
Subject # 00978

General Information

Name
Wylie Somner

Alias
Whitespace

Sexuality
Questioning

Height
5'7" (170.2 cm)

Weight
143 lbs (64.9 kg)

Appearance

image here

Experiment Info.

Procedure Behavior and Processes
Beginning psychological experiments on subject #00978 have been successful. Subject’s mental durability, intellect, physical ability, mental capacity, sleep cycles, and more were evaluated. Records can be found in 00978’s database.

During one of the median procedures, subject started to display unusual behavior. The following day, subject expressed aggressive and hostile behaviors, while it additionally attempted to bash two staff members’ heads into a wall whilst demanding answers to various questions. Roughly five hours after sedation, subject awoke confused and disoriented. Upon questioning and reprimanding, subject claimed no recollection of the prior events. Subject was then released to its quarters.
Staff intentionally attempted to provoke 00978, and was able to get yet another response in where subjects behavior drastically changed, from lightly shedding tears one moment, to trying to break restraints and attack the one who was making such remarks. Subject was then sedated before this process was repeated eight more times over three days. Subject was given MRI scans each time they regained consciousness. Compared to a healthy brain, the subject’s displayed abnormally small sizing of the hippocampus and amygdala, like those with severe psychological disorders, such as Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Subject was diagnosed with Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) according to criteria of the DSM-5.

Upon diagnosis of DID, head of research organization staff came to the group with what ended in a unanimous decision to try and manipulate subject’s disorder to further progress research.
While 00978 was under development, staff would attempt to develop different abilities per alter. The first step to this was to get a potential headcount and study personalities and defining traits per alter. Upon finding a way to forcefully cause subject’s personality to switch, the subject was transferred to a separate lab suited for creation of said ability.
As staff finished preparations for the first personality-specific ability, they began the procedure. Unfortunately, midway through the process for 00978 an abnormality was noticed among the various vital signs monitored. Technicians noted the change and announced the risks of continuing further. Upon notice, staff made the executive decision to work quickly but properly to finish the procedure. About two minutes after the abnormalities lowered to a much safer level. Not wanting to lose this opportunity, staff continued without slowing their pace. Subject was left to rest in the exam room across the hall.

00978 awoke approximately two hours later in stable condition. Upon assessment of the procedure results, it was immediately noted that 00978(3) was conscious, rather than 00978. Hoping that this occurred after the procedure, staff left subject to rest.

Procedure resulted in all personalities possessing the same base ability, but separate additions.
The original plan was for 00978 to possess forms of astral manipulation.
00978(2) to be able to secrete oils composed of toxins from the body.
00978(3) to possess emotional manipulation.
00978(4) to possess cryokinesis.
00978(5) to possess pyrokinesis.

Ability Results and Progress
00978 effectively possesses Astral manipulation.
Subject is able to transport others (currently only one at a time) to an astral plane that exists only to those in control, or inside. 00978’s astral plane is unlocatable on maps.
Subject can locate other astral planes that normal humans and location devices cannot.
Subject can only transport other’s consciousness to the plane upon making sufficient contact (5-10 seconds as of currently) with said person’s body.

00978(2) can effectively possess astral manipulation.
Subject is able to transport others to an astral plane that exists only to those in control, or inside. (2)’s astral plane is unlocatable on maps.
Subject can transport others multiple ways. As of now, one person can be transported without contact, and simply just by observing them. Two people can be transported by roughly two seconds of direct contact per person. Three other people maximum can be inside the astral plane.

00978(3) can effectively possess astral manipulation.
Subject is able to transport others to an astral plane that only exists to those in control, or inside. (3)’s astral plane is unlocatable on maps.
Subject can only transport others (currently one, maximum, as of now) through direct, sufficient contact (5-10) seconds.
When transporting one’s consciousness to the plane, (3) can choose to relax the persons body, speeding the time of recovery from any possible injuries.
(3) can only keep other(s) trapped for roughly 15 minutes at most. Any longer than ten, however, is hard to maintain and causes extreme strain on the body and mind.

00978(4) can effectively possess astral manipulation.
Subject is able to transport others to an astral plane that exists only to those in control, or inside. (4)’s astral plane is undetectable on maps.
Subject can transfer a maximum of five people to his plane. Others can only be transferred one at a time, and through direct contact with one’s body for roughly five seconds.
(4) can apply strain on the bodies of those he chooses to transfer at will. Bodies of those who have been in his realm for over 20 minutes will begin to develop bruising, starting to develop from the point of contact. These bruises develop slowly, however.

00978(5) can possess forms of astral manipulation.
(5) is able to create and transport themself to an astral plane.
However, it remains unclear whether subject can affect other entities.
More research and experimentation will be required to assess (5)’s current capabilities.

Ability Weaknesses
  • While transporting someone, and one’s self, to an astral plane it makes all affected appear unconscious. The bodies of those involved are very vulnerable in such states. Disruptions, such as injury to the body, can easily cancel out the ability, as it requires much concentration to be used.

• This ability works best with only one opponent, as it can easily be canceled out by other enemies when in use. Not only that, but the user can easily be killed when in their astral plane.

• Due to the ability making all affected parties appear unconscious, it is hard to use in the beginning of a fight. This is because it’s much easier for its weaknesses to be discovered. Strategically, this ability functions best as a finishing attack, especially if it is being used against multiple opponents.

• When the fronting alter is using the ability, it locks all others ability to control the conscience. This mean that another alter cannot step in and continue fighting while one deals with an opponent in the plane.

• The bearer of the ability can manipulate the astral plane however they want, generally with no limitations. This includes being able to use simple abilities that they may not possess in the real world. Of course, this comes with many limitations, such as making it harder to maintain the plane and applying more strain to the body, weakening and exhausting the body upon leaving the astral plane.

Background

Pre-Abduction Status
Subject 00978, born ‘Wylie D. Somner’ in Portland, Maine on 03/17/2013, belonging to a wealthy, upper-class family. Subject was looked down upon by family, as they were expecting a female who could hopefully marry someone of even higher status. Two years later, the mother gave birth to a female, leaving Wylie often neglected as he was supposed to be studying and learning in hope to raise family status further. Subject’s grades never dropped lower than an A- in school. All standardized testing was also passed with ‘above-average’ results. 00978 also participated in various extracurricular activities (all of which remaining education-oriented.)

Family life was well-documented due to upper class status.
Notably, one phone call from the home phone was made to a shelter. Recordings of the call could not be found.

Subject could only recall very early childhood and roughly two weeks before the time of abduction (03/17/2031, date of abduction)

Slight scarring on the back was noted during abduction. Subject will receive appropriately leveled care towards making sure he is in proper condition for experimentation.

Other

• Alters 2-5 have individual identities. Each has their own name and perceived appearance, though staff has been unable to get samples of what said appearances may be.

• (2) goes by ‘Rune’
    • (3) goes by ‘Lea’
    • (4) goes by ‘Milo’
    • (5) goes by ‘Ainslee’

• 00978 is extremely cooperative. External threats and persuasion were not needed to keep him in line. Psychiatry staff assumes this may be due to previous abuse, which would also explain their diagnoses. 00978 is granted permission to a private room with adequate amenities.
  • 00978(2), the self proclaimed ‘Rune’ is highly uncooperative. Upon receiving her abilities, she trapped a staff member in her astral plane, and refused to free them. Upon passing out from the exhaustion caused by overexerting herself and her ability, the staff member was freed and (2) was reinstated with trigger words that override her own thoughts.

• ‘Sleep, Rune.’ will trigger (2) into going unconscious, stopping her in her tracks, and additionally canceling out her abilities.
    • ‘Follow (person’s name), Rune’ will trigger (2) into following the ordered person.
    • ‘Rune, cancel.’ will override any trigger word, snapping (2) out of her hypnotic state upon command.
    • More words can easily be planted upon request.
  • All other alters are cooperative. ‘Ainslee’ (5) tends to have more questions than others, most likely due to her rarely controlling the body.

• Each alter has varying physical strength. The hierarchy looks a bit like:

1. Milo
  2. Rune
  3. Lea
  4. Wylie
  5. Ainslee
  • Milo is not only a skilled fighter, but can also recognize when the body may have reached its limits as well. He’s excellent at hand to hand combat, but can also wield a katana well. Not only excelled in combat, he’s also fantastic when it comes to communication and teamwork with other subjects.
  • Rune has excellent fighting technique, even surpassing those of Milo at times, but she’s awfully reckless and quick to anger. She has a tendency to act before thinking, which can be a hindrance in active combat situations. Upon being instigated and aggravated, she will attack and ignore orders from higher ups. Rune can handle large blades well, a scythe being her favorite. This is why she is rarely, if not not at all allowed to use it.
  • Lea can fight fairly well. While she’s still working on improving her hand to hand combat, she is a fantastic team player, and has fantastic aim when it comes to shooting with a traditional bow and arrow, or (even better) a crossbow. She’s able to think creatively on how to use her weapons to her advantage.
  • Wylie is not very strong, and falls short with hand to hand combat. He will need much more training to be able to fight. While his other head mates have strengthened the body very well, that’s worth nothing if you don’t know how to throw a punch.
  • Not enough information is available on Ainslee, as she has only fronted during training once.

• Some alters are stronger than the body’s limitations, causing them to be ready for more training than the body can handle,(crumpled on the floor in a heap, but constantly insisting towards being fine; severely injuring the body, but still ready for another round of fighting, and stands up despite that) leading to physical and mental exhaustion for the next person in front.

filler .wren

coded by .wren on RPN

General Information
Name Wylie Somner Alias Whitespace Age 24 y/o Gender Male (he/him) Sexuality Questioning Height 5'7 (170.2 cm) Weight 143 lbs (64.9 kg)

Appearance
00978, 24M Few minor scars to the back and backside of the neck Subject had minor patches of vitiligo when abducted. This grew more upon beginning of experimentation. Subject has privilege to wear desired clothing underneath uniformed shirt. Subject also has permission to wear casual shoes as long as they do not have laces.

Experiment Info.

Procedure Behavior and Processes Beginning psychological experiments on subject #00978 have been successful. Subject’s mental durability, intellect, physical ability, mental capacity, sleep cycles, and more were evaluated. Records can be found in 00978’s database. During one of the median procedures, subject started to display unusual behavior. The following day, subject expressed aggressive and hostile behaviors, while it additionally attempted to bash two staff members’ heads into a wall whilst demanding answers to various questions. Roughly five hours after sedation, subject awoke confused and disoriented. Upon questioning and reprimanding, subject claimed no recollection of the prior events. Subject was then released to its quarters. Staff intentionally attempted to provoke 00978, and was able to get yet another response in where subjects behavior drastically changed, from lightly shedding tears one moment, to trying to break restraints and attack the one who was making such remarks. Subject was then sedated before this process was repeated eight more times over three days. Subject was given MRI scans each time they regained consciousness. Compared to a healthy brain, the subject’s displayed abnormally small sizing of the hippocampus and amygdala, like those with severe psychological disorders, such as Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Subject was diagnosed with Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) according to criteria of the DSM-5. Upon diagnosis of DID, head of research organization staff came to the group with what ended in a unanimous decision to try and manipulate subject’s disorder to further progress research. While 00978 was under development, staff would attempt to develop different abilities per alter. The first step to this was to get a potential headcount and study personalities and defining traits per alter. Upon finding a way to forcefully cause subject’s personality to switch, the subject was transferred to a separate lab suited for creation of said ability. As staff finished preparations for the first personality-specific ability, they began the procedure. Unfortunately, midway through the process for 00978 an abnormality was noticed among the various vital signs monitored. Technicians noted the change and announced the risks of continuing further. Upon notice, staff made the executive decision to work quickly but properly to finish the procedure. About two minutes after the abnormalities lowered to a much safer level. Not wanting to lose this opportunity, staff continued without slowing their pace. Subject was left to rest in the exam room across the hall. 00978 awoke approximately two hours later in stable condition. Upon assessment of the procedure results, it was immediately noted that 00978(3) was conscious, rather than 00978. Hoping that this occurred after the procedure, staff left subject to rest. Procedure resulted in all personalities possessing the same base ability, but separate additions. The original plan was for 00978 to possess forms of astral manipulation. 00978(2) to be able to secrete oils composed of toxins from the body. 00978(3) to possess emotional manipulation. 00978(4) to possess cryokinesis. 00978(5) to possess pyrokinesis. Ability Results and Progress 00978 effectively possesses Astral manipulation. Subject is able to transport others (currently only one at a time) to an astral plane that exists only to those in control, or inside. 00978’s astral plane is unlocatable on maps. Subject can locate other astral planes that normal humans and location devices cannot. Subject can only transport other’s consciousness to the plane upon making sufficient contact (5-10 seconds as of currently) with said person’s body. 00978(2) can effectively possess astral manipulation. Subject is able to transport others to an astral plane that exists only to those in control, or inside. (2)’s astral plane is unlocatable on maps. Subject can transport others multiple ways. As of now, one person can be transported without contact, and simply just by observing them. Two people can be transported by roughly two seconds of direct contact per person. Three other people maximum can be inside the astral plane. 00978(3) can effectively possess astral manipulation. Subject is able to transport others to an astral plane that only exists to those in control, or inside. (3)’s astral plane is unlocatable on maps. Subject can only transport others (currently one, maximum, as of now) through direct, sufficient contact (5-10) seconds. When transporting one’s consciousness to the plane, (3) can choose to relax the persons body, speeding the time of recovery from any possible injuries. (3) can only keep other(s) trapped for roughly 15 minutes at most. Any longer than ten, however, is hard to maintain and causes extreme strain on the body and mind. 00978(4) can effectively possess astral manipulation. Subject is able to transport others to an astral plane that exists only to those in control, or inside. (4)’s astral plane is undetectable on maps. Subject can transfer a maximum of five people to his plane. Others can only be transferred one at a time, and through direct contact with one’s body for roughly five seconds. (4) can apply strain on the bodies of those he chooses to transfer at will. Bodies of those who have been in his realm for over 20 minutes will begin to develop bruising, starting to develop from the point of contact. These bruises develop slowly, however. 00978(5) can possess forms of astro manipulation. (5) is able to create and transport themself to an astral plane. However, it remains unclear whether subject can affect other entities. More research and experimentation will be required to assess (5)’s current capabilities. Ability Weaknesses
  • While transporting someone, and one’s self, to an astral plane it makes all affected appear unconscious. The bodies of those involved are very vulnerable in such states. Disruptions, such as injury to the body, can easily cancel out the ability, as it requires much concentration to be used.
  • This ability works best with only one opponent, as it can easily be canceled out by other enemies when in use. Not only that, but the user can easily be killed when in their astral plane.
  • Due to the ability making all affected parties appear unconscious, it is hard to use in the beginning of a fight. This is because it’s much easier for its weaknesses to be discovered. Strategically, this ability functions best as a finishing attack, especially if it is being used against multiple opponents.
  • When the fronting alter is using the ability, it locks all others ability to control the conscience. This mean that another alter cannot step in and continue fighting while one deals with an opponent in the plane.
  • The bearer of the ability can manipulate the astral plane however they want, generally with no limitations. This includes being able to use simple abilities that they may not possess in the real world. Of course, this comes with many limitations, such as making it harder to maintain the plane and applying more strain to the body, weakening and exhausting the body upon leaving the astral plane.

Background

Pre-Abduction Status Subject 00978, born ‘Wylie D. Somner’ in Portland, Maine on 03/17/2013, belonging to a wealthy, upper-class family. Subject was looked down upon by family, as they were expecting a female who could hopefully marry someone of even higher status. Two years later, the mother gave birth to a female, leaving Wylie often neglected as he was supposed to be studying and learning in hope to raise family status further. Subject’s grades never dropped lower than an A- in school. All standardized testing was also passed with ‘above-average’ results. 00978 also participated in various extracurricular activities (all of which remaining education-oriented.) Family life was well-documented due to upper class status. Notably, one phone call from the home phone was made to a shelter. Recordings of the call could not be found. Subject could only recall very early childhood and roughly two weeks before the time of abduction (03/17/2031, date of abduction) Slight scarring on the back was noted during abduction. Subject will receive appropriately leveled care towards making sure he is in proper condition for experimentation.

Other

• Alters 2-5 have individual identities. Each has their own name and perceived appearance, though staff has been unable to get samples of what said appearances may be.
    • (2) goes by ‘Rune’
    • (3) goes by ‘Lea’
    • (4) goes by ‘Milo’
    • (5) goes by ‘Ainslee’
  • 00978 is extremely cooperative. External threats and persuasion were not needed to keep him in line. Psychiatry staff assumes this may be due to previous abuse, which would also explain their diagnoses. 00978 is granted permission to a private room with adequate amenities.
  • 00978(2), the self proclaimed ‘Rune’ is highly uncooperative. Upon receiving her abilities, she trapped a staff member in her astral plane, and refused to free them. Upon passing out from the exhaustion caused by overexerting herself and her ability, the staff member was freed and (2) was reinstated with trigger words that override her own thoughts.
    • ‘Sleep, Rune.’ will trigger (2) into going unconscious, stopping her in her tracks, and additionally canceling out her abilities.
    • ‘Follow (person’s name), Rune’ will trigger (2) into following the ordered person.
    • ‘Rune, cancel.’ will override any trigger word, snapping (2) out of her hypnotic state upon command.
    • More words can easily be planted upon request.
  • All other alters are cooperative. ‘Ainslee’ (5) tends to have more questions than others, most likely due to her rarely controlling the body.
  • Each alter has varying physical strength. The hierarchy looks a bit like:
  1. Milo
  2. Rune
  3. Lea
  4. Wylie
  5. Ainslee
  • Milo is not only a skilled fighter, but can also recognize when the body may have reached its limits as well. He’s excellent at hand to hand combat, but can also wield a katana well. Not only excelled in combat, he’s also fantastic when it comes to communication and teamwork with other subjects.
  • Rune has excellent fighting technique, even surpassing those of Milo at times, but she’s awfully reckless and quick to anger. She has a tendency to act before thinking, which can be a hindrance in active combat situations. Upon being instigated and aggravated, she will attack and ignore orders from higher ups. Rune can handle large blades well, a scythe being her favorite. This is why she is rarely, if not not at all allowed to use it.
  • Lea can fight fairly well. While she’s still working on improving her hand to hand combat, she is a fantastic team player, and has fantastic aim when it comes to shooting with a traditional bow and arrow, or (even better) a crossbow. She’s able to think creatively on how to use her weapons to her advantage.
  • Wylie is not very strong, and falls short with hand to hand combat. He will need much more training to be able to fight. While his other head mates have strengthened the body very well, that’s worth nothing if you don’t know how to throw a punch.
  • Not enough information is available on Ainslee, as she has only fronted during training once.
  • Some alters are stronger than the body’s limitations, causing them to be ready for more training than the body can handle,(crumpled on the floor in a heap, but constantly insisting towards being fine; severely injuring the body, but still ready for another round of fighting, and stands up despite that) leading to physical and mental exhaustion for the next person in front.

B138DD07-FCD3-47BB-939B-F80D3C5C7565.png
(not the proudest of this, but for being done in the car, and on mobile, it’s okay.)

Last edited:
Stormbreaker
Screenshot_20220731-0224121992.png
General Info
Name: Arashi Sato
Nickname:
Stormy
Stormbreaker [more commonly known as]
Date of Birth: September 1st
Height: 6"5 (195cm)
Weight: 95kg (210lbs)
Skin: Light
Sexuality: Bisexual
Pronouns: She/Her
Lazarus Identifer: #001053 "Stormbreaker"
Ability: Explosive Fire Dragon Physiology

Hair Color/Style: Stormbreaker's hair color is a light brown that reaches down to her about her shoulder length. She rarely puts it up at all or do anything special with it.
Eyes: Lilac (Purple when she activates her powers)
Build: Tall but overall well built and muscular as the requirement of her abilities.
Scars/Markings: Stormbreaker has scars all over her body as the result of training with her abilities.
Attire: Normally seen in casual wear, usually light grey/white colored hoodie, light blue colored jacket, light grey colored pants and navy colored sneakers along with a blue scarf with a purple flame design on it.

Abilities
Explosive Dragon Physiology
Stormbreaker has the traits of an Explosive Dragon granted through DNA modification. These include her special fire manipulation known as Draconic Flame/Napalm, Enhanced Condition and Regeneration. Her overall biology differs from an average human. Most of her abilities are passives, e.g she can't turn off her biology and super-soldier like enhancements. She has a decent level of understanding about her abilities, apart from her fire/explosion manipulation which is about able to be controlled 25% overall.

Biology
Dense Bones
Her bones are dense, roughly twice as dense compared to an average human bone density. Her skin is much tougher and more leather-like compared to normal human skin, leading to her being able to shrug off blows that would injure or stun normal human beings. Things that would pierce a normal man, splinters or needles, for example, would be ineffective towards Stormbreaker's skin. To a minor degree, she is resistant to minor explosions that would kill humans on impact or severely injure them.
Dense Muscle Fibers
Stormbreaker's muscles are very special. Stormbreaker develops her physical strength as she reached 17. Every inch of her body is extremely well built, with little to no fat. Her figure, even if only "toned" by normal aesthetic definition, would put any "hulking" bodybuilder to shame. Muscular fiber density exceeds 300-550%, fluctuating in different areas of use, compared to human standards. This leads to her being insanely powerful compared to the average human, able to pass physical evaluations without breaking a sweat and bend low-carbon steel with very little effort. However, with all the strength she has in her muscles and bones, she has one major downside. She can only use so much strength at a time before her bones break as she isn't used to her full strength entirely.
Scales
Stormbreaker's skin has scale-like patterns, Areas of notable interest are the upper chest and tail, which all have developing scales. These scales are roughly equivalent in strength to high carbon steel; very strong but unable to be bent - brittle once it passes its stress limit. Her scales are a mix of calcium and iron, meaning her mineral iron intake is higher than a normal human's recommended dose. Failure to comply with this requirement will render both her skin and scales much weaker and more brittle.
Teeth
Stormbreaker's teeth have similar properties and composition with her scales, leading to them being very durable. Thanks to her DNA modification, her teeth, palate and diet are all based around the carnivore class. Ever since she was 16, new draconic teeth replaced all teeth she had before. These teeth are incredibly sharp, because of the durable nature of the teeth allowing it to keep its edge. Her muscular density also allows her jaw to have a much greater bite of strength.
Digestive System
Her digestive system also can not only process metals [group 1 and 2] but also fire only as she uses that to refuel. She sometimes eats charcoal to fuel her flames.
Heat Resistance
Stormbreaker is very resistant to heat as the result of her power firsthand. Easily withstanding hot temperatures and can withstand extreme heat that would usually kill somebody without dying.
Tail and Markings
Stormbreaker has a draconic tail and crimson markings all over the body (mainly arms and over the bridge of her nose). Her tail she can't move by herself and reacts to her emotions entirely, rather.

Weaknesses
Extremely Heavy
Dense bones, insane muscular density, heavier internal organs, a heavy tail and iron-like scales have also led to Stormbreaker being extremely heavy. A woman of her stature should weigh about 60-75kg max. Because of this, she cannot swim. Most furniture cannot support her kind of weight and most loose-soil, like dry soil or mud, will have her sink.
Needs to Eat More
Although, with all these benefits, it comes with many drawbacks. The source of her intense strength is from her diet, as she can eat an insane amount of food per day, roughly 7 kgs of protein (An average human only requires 2.5 kgs). Her liquid intake is also excessive. The average human only needs 2 liters to sustain their normal day-to-day activities, while Stormbreaker requires 5.
Larger Organs
Her internal organs reflect this, as her large intestine is much lengthier and her stomach, liver, kidneys and bladder much bigger than the average human male. This means some organs, like a second kidney and the appendix, are not visible within her body.
Overheating via Exertion
She produces a significant amount of heat, and because of ‌her skin and the scale covering parts of her body, under extensive physical exertion, she will overheat. Luckily, this heat can be expelled out through her mouth by her "fire breath", but if that is unavailable, she will pant like a dog would as her body desperately tries to prevent itself from cooking inside out.
Cold/Ice
Stormbreaker is very weak to the cold and suffers in cold enough weather and when faced with ice. Typical cold weather doesn't bother her unless she faces below -30c weather.
Tail
Stormbreaker has a tail that has no real purpose than helping her to balance. It makes it hard to sit on a sheet and a real pain to get clothes that fit her. It's also heavy and she has no control over it, as it reacts to her emotions.

Draconic Flame (Napalm)
The power allows her to control superheated flames that can also create explosions. Stormbreaker can manipulate fire, shape it, create explosions, use it as a breath attack, solidify fire and detect fire. She can even go beyond and manipulate superhot white flames known as Inferno.

The fact she naturally generates an explosive form of liquid on will that ignites and explodes via the use of her flames causes her explosions. Her flames go from orange to blue to purple to white, the white color being the highest Stormbreaker can attain through training. Stormbreaker is known to struggle heavily with her flames, as he finds them extremely hard to control.
Explosions (Limited Napalm Generation)
Stormbreaker can manifest explosions via the use of her flames that can hinder foes from a long-ranged and close distance. Can also be used with close combat. She can also use it to create flashbangs to hinder foes at close range. The more the Stormbreaker sweats overall in their body by fighting and physical exhaustion, the stronger they will become. The blasts become stronger in power through combat way faster than normal physical exhaustion. It has the downside of being near useless against Ice manipulators due to them being able to freeze the liquid she creates to fire off said explosions, rendering that part of the quirk near useless otherwise.
Fire Manipulation
This allows her to control flames that allow her to attack and overwhelm foes with pure heat and strength alone. She can use this to punch foes with, surround herself in flames etc or even manifest flames around her body in a way of intimidation. Stormbreaker constantly keeps her flames activated on her body as a way of intimidation to scare off criminals and other people. The flames, when activated, start as orange, then go from blue to purple to white. Burning things at a cellular level is possible because of how hot the flames get, but it all depends on how skilled the user is at doing that. This has its downsides as her flames are more and more powerful the higher up they go. With her white flames being the hardest to control. This also causes overheating.
Fire/Explosion Breath
Stormbreaker [TBD]
Flame Solidification
The user can create basic weapons such as spears and swords made of the flames and, amongst other things, such as basic shields and support items such as whips to restrain the foe.
Support/Defensive
Stormbreaker can use her power to create walls of flames for defensive purposes or use her explosions to create flashbangs to aid in distracting the enemy. She can also propel herself/fly in the air using her flames, which helps combat anybody that can fly. She can also absorb pure flames, but doing so will increase her temperature. This has its downside as fire is unnaturally weak to water and ice freezes the explosion liquid, causing them to be near useless against certain powers.
Inferno
Because of training with her powers, when she was younger, Stormbreaker quickly awakened her powers to the fullest potential during a lot of stress. Doing so allowed her to control white flames with a tinge of blue. These flames are way stronger than her purple flames, but have a huge temperature increase, making them useful for one or two huge attacks before she overheats.

Drawbacks/Weaknesses
  • Using the power over the natural limit will raise Stormbreaker’s body temperature extremely high, impairing her physical and mental capabilities. Heat exhaustion, third-degree burns, unconsciousness and coma are likely if overused. Luckily, regeneration of some degree can migrate these weaknesses.
  • Stormbreaker isn't fully resistant to her flames and has to constantly train the power to build up heat resistance enough so she doesn’t damage herself‌.
  • Stormbreaker requires cooling via support equipment or by ice ability wielders to reduce the temperature at high levels to manageable levels.
  • Stormbreaker barely has any resistance to her explosions because of the sheer firepower of what the power can create.
  • Repeated explosions will cause massive pain in Stormbreaker‘s body, leading her to become physically impaired. It might cause her to overheat as well if ‌with flames. Creating explosions with two body parts (e.g. arms) would lead to smaller blasts and less toll on the body in question.
  • Extremely weak against anything that uses water, because of its water being a natural counter for fire. A strong enough ice ability wielder can also freeze flames and the explosion liquid.
  • Stormbreaker must eat certain foods, drinks and plants containing the chemicals used to produce the compounds in her body required to manifest their fire and explosions. As a result - she must constantly eat more to fuel her power as it drains a lot of energy, leading her to need way more calorie intake.
  • She can absorb flames to fuel her fire and explosions as well, but doing so will make her temperature higher than normal, requiring cooling.
  • It's extremely hard to master and use in combat. Leading her to have difficulty controlling it in the field.
  • This has extreme drawbacks, as Stormbreaker can lose control of their power and go over their limit in a phase of heightened distress.
Enhanced Regeneration
Another one of Stormbreaker's "gifts" is an increased metabolic rate, and therefore, a vastly more efficient regenerative factor. It allows her to heal from cuts and bruises within hours, as well as damaged nerves to a very basic degree. This metabolism rate has also led her to have incredibly efficient energy upkeep, as her body stores and uses oxygen much more efficiently than a normal person does. Broken Bones takes like a weak to heal from. Stormbreaker can regenerate wounds from her flames, providing their just first-degree burns. She's highly resistant to most toxins and drugs.

Weaknesses:
  • Although she's most resistant to drugs and toxins, she can still be affected by strong enough ones. Extremely strong tranquilizers also work.
  • Her regeneration isn't perfect. It allows her to heal from cuts and bruises, but it doesn't allow her to regenerate limbs and organs. If she loses them, they are lost.
  • More severe wounds, e.g. ones from near fatal attacks and burns from second-degree burns from her flames and up are ones she'll require medical attention from as her regeneration doesn't cover that. Extremely damaged nerves will require medical attention as well.
Peak Human Condition
Project: Lazarus enhanced all of Stormbreaker's physical functions, such as her strength, durability, stamina, reflexes and healing to peak human levels. She is very muscular and physically capable. It also prevents getting her intoxicated by alcohol, meaning she can't get drunk.
Peak Human Strength
This leads to her being insanely powerful compared to the average human, able to pass physical evaluations without breaking a sweat and bend low-carbon steel with very little effort. Stormbreaker can punch steel to some extent and lift to 500kgs.
Peak Human Reflexes
As the result of her enhancement, Stormbreaker can fight two foes at once, including [add more]. She's able to catch an arrow in midair, but anything beyond that is beyond her limit.
Peak Human Speed
Stormbreaker can run up to 27mph using her speed, faster than a normal human.
Peak Human Stamina
Stormbreaker has an extreme amount of stamina, as the buildup of chemicals that are created in the body is much less overall. This allows her to fight for about 24 hours fully, with the amount of training she's had.
Peak Human Durability
Stormbreaker's body can shrug off attacks that would stun or harm an average human being, allowing her to withstand fatal blows that would kill humans and weak tasers, tranquilizers, chemicals and poisons (in combination with her Enhanced Regeneration).
Decelerated Aging
Stormbreaker ages slower than the average human as the result of the DNA modification. Aging slower after she turned 19 years old.

Weaknesses
Peak Human Strength
However, with all the strength she has in her muscles and bones; she has one major downside. She can only use so much of strength at a time before her bones break. Too much strength she uses will break her bones completely and require regeneration.
Peak Human Speed
Stormbreaker's speed has one massive downside. Once she runs, she finds it hard to stop. Another weakness is, people can easily overpower her if their faster.
Peak Human Stamina
Stormbreaker can only fight for a certain amount of time, 24 hours without tiring out.
Peak Human Reflexes
She can only fight two people at max at once. More will be extremely difficult to do.
Peak Human Durability
  • Bullets are very effective against her, as they seem to tear through her skin.
  • Stormbreaker can still be injured or even killed by fall damage of over 100ft.
  • She isn't immune to high-level tasers or electricity.
  • Having higher durability alongside her Enhanced Regeneration doesn't make her immune to being affected by tranquilizers, chemicals and poisons. High level tranquilizers, chemicals and poisons still have an extremely potent effect on her.
  • Stormbreaker can only withstand so much damage before it finally takes effect, before her durability takes enough damage to render any atack on her basically as powerful as they would be to a human.
  • Stormbreaker isn't immune to pain and feels it the same way humans and normal people do.
  • Peak Human Durability gives her practically no recoil protection from her explosions.
Decelerated Aging
She ages slower than most others, but it has it weaknesses, as it she'll be able to live longer than most people she likes.

Skills
Skilled Hand to Hand Combatant
Stormbreaker is highly skilled in hand to hand combat. It's her preferred method of choice rather than using weaponry, as she much prefers to punch people.
Decent Knife Fighter
Stormbreaker is decent at using a knife in hand to hand combat and to kill people.
Expert Marksman (Archery)
Stormbreaker is extremely good at using a bow. She's able to use it at a extremely good level.
Decent Weaponry Skills
She knows how to use firearms and other weapons to a decent enough degree. She's not a great user at using them, but can use them decently.
Talent Chef
Stormbreaker is talented at cooking and baking.
Good with Cats
Stormbreaker has a fondness for cats. She loves them and they love her.

Personaility
  • Honourable - prefers to spare an enemy and let them live/let them attack first
  • Loyal - loyal to those she deems trustworthy, would hate to see them die
  • Outgoing - cheers up others around her
  • Friendly - tries to be nice to people to earn respect and people to believe in her except she’s horrible at cooperation and talking - she’s not friendly to people she dislikes though.
  • Strong-Willed - able to stand up and fight against any circumstance despite how grim it may seem
  • Prideful - takes pride in her powers and abilities
  • Hot-Headed - gets extremely angry in certain situations such as her powers being made fun
  • Defensive - Doesn't like to see others made fun of. Or somebody she respects/herself being insulted.
  • Food Motivated - Stormbreaker is more obedient to the staff providing there is food involved.
Likes: Cats (adores kittens), Cookies, Spicy Food/Food, Being respected, Anime/Manga, Video Games, Justice, Engineering
Dislikes: Needles, Disrespect, Hospitals, Villains, Ice, the Cold, hates being called Arashi, scientists, authority
Fears: Hospital, Needles, being killed for disobedience, Solitary Confinement
Quirks: Gets easily excitable about food. Often gets fairly distracted. Enjoys talking to people and will talk to them for a long time.
Favorite Food(s): Pizza, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Burgers, Ramen
Favorite Drink(s): Milkshakes, Siena Mist, Mountain Dew, Coca Cola
Strengths: Great skill at using her powers (excluding her flames), talented chef, talented fighter
Weaknesses: Disobedient unless given food as a reward, prideful, strong-willed, hot headed, dislikes being told what to do

Backstory
Pre Lazurus
Born to two scientists in the faciltiy, Wyoming, USA. Both her parents were scientists who worked in the facility doing other projects and so forth. Arashi, at a young age, was taught to listen to her elders. Growing up homeschooled, as she wasn't allowed to wander too far or even go much into the outside world. She grew up mostly in the facility, being let out now and again, but not too far from the facility itself. She had no known siblings growing up. Unfortunately, growing up this way led to her being pretty lonely, as she barely had friends. Arashi grew up watching videos of these superheroes she had fictional shows about, growing very interested in them. How she wished she had superpowers like some of them.

However, she grew up being pretty interested in cooking in particular, so she naturally took that up as a hobby. On the day of her 15th birthday, she was chosen for this project with her parents, giving her up for it. She was told it would give her superpowers and was easily convinced as the result. How wrong she'd be.

Lazarus/Current
Arashi was later experimented on heavily with the scientists. It's noted that she attempted to resist them at first, but soon grew more and more scared of them. She quickly became scared of being near a hospital part of the facility and needles, as she was scared what would happen to her. During one test, she snapped over the lack of food and attacked one scientist, killing them. She was slowly subdued by cold, as it was her weakness, and put into solitary confinement for a while. Since that day, they've made sure she's had enough food and made her rather obedient by promising food as the result of a good test result. During the time of experiements, she became used to the name she was given, Stormbreaker.

Stormbreaker has become a rather good assassin, using the training the project had given her, as she's able to take out people using hand to hand combat skills and using her abilities.

Last edited:
Cyrus Ward
Basics

Name: Shroud (Cyrus Ward)

Appearance: No one knows what Cyrus truly looks like. Not even Cyrus. Not anymore. He has a shock of black wavy hair, the only distinguishingly human feature about him. He covers the rest in bandages, clothing and a mask to avoid the possibility of ever confronting what he has become. He has a leanly muscular figure, his training focused on keeping him agile rather than strong. If one looks closely to study Cyrus’ movements, you can see a shadow of dust lagging behind his limbs. He is able to fully piece his body together in a solid state, but as humans normally do, he has times when he slips up and his limbs momentarily will ‘glitch’ and fragment from his core form.

How many times was I pulled apart? How many times
did I die?
Personality
Before Cyrus underwent the experimentation of Project Lazarus, he was always described as a soft, obedient kid. He was a shared favorite of the teachers at school. Dedicated and sincere with an open imagination and endless curiosity. There wasn’t a deed that was asked of him that he’d roll his eyes at or complain endlessly at having to do. Thinking of others came naturally for him. He liked feeling useful. After growing accustomed to his life after his mother’s accident and seeing the guilt and shame that overcame her everyday for being a burden on his grandparents, Cyrus was grateful for his body’s ability to do work. He saw his ability to complete laborious tasks, no matter how boring or tedious it was, as a blessing.

After the Lazarus experiment, the gentle, young man known as Cyrus was wiped away. Instead, the identity of Shroud stood in his place. Shroud is paranoid, anxious and always tip-toeing around the ever present notion of fear in his life. He doesn’t converse with others much, even in group settings or when paired within a team. His lack of identity makes him an excellent follower and docile listener. (something the Lazarus team considered their greatest success about his experimentation).

Cyrus finds comfort in quiet atmospheres and often can be found in the calmest areas of the lab. The stillness comforts him and keeps him from spiraling into an episode of identity crisis. One of his favorite pastimes is to sit and watch a small aquarium that the scientists had gifted him after discovering his affinity to fish and water during his rehabilitation from his initial experimentation.

Ability:

Particle fragmentation (of himself only) Shroud can break his body down into different forms of particles, similar to the transformation of water from a solid to a liquid to a gas. The ability behaves much like sand within a dust storm or clustered water vapor within fog. He uses this ability to walk through solid forms such as walls, doors etc. and can be hard to catch or track down. Combat wise he is not very strong or highly skilled. He relies on his power to sneak up on opponents and suffocate them.

His greatest weakness is his own self. Shroud cannot stay within a particle state for longer than 7 minutes or else he risks the crumbling of his sanity. Longer than 7 minutes will result in him becoming increasingly confused, forgetting his objectives, thoughts and eventually the fact that he is human.

He is also weak to any powers such as wind or telekinesis, things that can control him when he is reduced to mere particles scattered through the air.

Area of Expertise: Infiltration, discreet assassination

History

Before Lazarus:

Cyrus’ childhood, despite a few unfortunate “hiccups” was one that, if he could remember it currently, it would be remembered fondly. A simpler time. He was born in a small town in suburban Pennsylvania, a place with long, simmering summers and brutally cold, uneventful winters. But Cyrus never minded it. He found little pleasures in catching fireflies in the late summer nights, drinking hot chocolate on the porch with his mom while they handed out candy for Halloween. There was a certain type of simplicity that left him unable to complain.

Cyrus was raised by his mother and her parents, the first hiccup in his family’s life caused by his dad fleeing the responsibility of being thrown an unplanned pregnancy at far too young an age. The second hiccup was a road accident involving an unexpected deer that had left Cyrus’ mom paralyzed from the neck down, meaning Cyrus was raised and learned most from his grandparents. Cyrus learned and modeled himself heavily after his grandfather, a responsibly hard worker who did everything in his power to provide for those in his family, no matter the cost to himself.

As a child and young teenager Cyrus grew accustomed to making himself useful to others and dedicated himself fully to his education. He often dreamed of a high paying job that would provide the necessities to take care of his mother and retire his grandparents. Cyrus opted out of extracurricular activities in high school in favor of a part time job to help support the ever growing list of bills his grandparents were to take care of. Their bodies were growing older, their ability to contribute dwindling more by the day. His social life, although not absent, was not one of the young man’s main concerns.

When he was taken:

Cyrus had been employed in more under the table jobs when he was an adolescent than he could reasonably count. So the idea of being approached unofficially to mow a yard, shovel snow, break down some wood was not one he regarded with much caution. When he was walking back from his part time job, Cyrus found himself approached by a woman who claimed she needed help moving some heavy equipment from her shed. Payment and refreshments were offered, and young Cyrus, seventeen at the time, was none the wiser. Before he could even process that he had stumbled into danger, he awoke in the confinement of lab like surroundings and was assigned a number. #0222.

During Lazarus:

Cyrus’ experimentation started off surrounded by high anticipation and nervous excitement. The initial signs of his powers hinted at teleportation or the ability to pass through solid objects, completely ignoring structures. The scientists involved in his experimentation salivated at the mouth at the idea that if trained right, they would have an extremely elusive and deadly assassin on their hands. A successful process would yield a shower of praise and recognition. Each experimentation session pushed Cyrus further into his ability, working up from dematerializing one finger at a time to entire limbs and larger portions of his body. Further analysis of his sessions revealed that his ability was not simply passing through objects, but instead involved breaking down the atoms of his body into small particles to spread out and materialize at will.

Each test pushed Cyrus to a breaking point, as most experiments within the Lazarus facility waded into. The asks became more intense and the amount of time Cyrus spent broken into a particle form increased every day. Completion of longer test days resulted in Cyrus beginning to forget things, things about himself, about his day or what the scientists were asking of him, but this slip in his sanity was mistaken for mere exhaustion and was written off.

Eventually, his experiments reached a point where Cyrus’ sanity snapped, and he reached a point of no return. He had been put into an airtight room with thick concrete walls, one of the training rooms used for experiments with more--explosive and destructive abilities. He was told to find a way out before being left on his own for hours. When the Scientists returned to check in on the young man, he was no more. What stood in his place was an angry, chaotic storm that was later termed “Shroud”.

Stuck in this form, Cyrus’ consciousness had been ripped apart at the seams and scattered into mere fragments of what it was before. Any sense of up and down, color, sound, human feeling; it was all erased in that form. He no longer knew where he was. He no longer knew who he was. All Cyrus knew was the agony of the chaos and noise. The Scientists couldn’t control it, they hadn’t anticipated what would happen if Cyrus himself became unable to keep himself grounded in solid form and had naively overlooked the effect his powers had on his mind. They could only look on in sheer horror at what had become of their golden ticket of fame. Perhaps they had pushed the young man too hard. Perhaps this fate of his was inevitable, a sin to pay for such a transformative ability. There was no way to know for sure. Thus, test subject #0222 became an unspeakable topic. The storm of his body was kept in that locked room, left to torrent in chaos and agony for several years. Typically, his experiment number would have been scratched from the record and labeled as a failure, tossed out into the nameless oblivion he had fallen into when first coming into Project Lazarus. But no one knew what to do with Shroud. It couldn’t be controlled, contained or disposed of. So it simply--stayed.

For Cyrus, any notion of time or coherent human thought escaped him. The Scientists assigned to his case spent their time not in other experiments to test out different methods for forcibly materializing Cyrus’ human form. They became dedicated, morally responsible for the disaster that stained their hands and forced to walk by it every day when traversing through the lab. Trial and error had found out that classical music managed to calm the angry storm, even giving way to one or two body parts forming momentarily before dissolving back into dust.

Several years of research resulted in the creation of a silver ring that emitted a certain frequency, a map per say, to guide whatever was left of Cyrus’ mind into the right pattern to form a solid state. Days after the ring had been put into the locked room, the figure of a man sat curled into the corner almost as if he was trying to shrink into nothingness. The silver ring fit snugly around his thumb.

It took months of heavy rehabilitation to reform Shroud’s human identity. He had to relearn nearly everything and is still learning more every day. He speaks in short, succinct sentences to his comrades and carries out orders with dog like obedience. The scientists had achieved their golden ticket, Shroud was an efficient, discreet assassin with no boundaries keeping him from his target. But the price they paid for such a ‘success’ made their achievement sour.

Currently, Shroud spends his days following a set routine created for him by the scientists in charge of his experiment. He trains, goes on missions and whatever free time he manages to be allotted he spends listening to classical music and maintaining/admiring his aquarium.

© pasta

-Alias: Shroud #0222
-Full Name: Cyrus Ward
-Age taken: 17
-Appearance: No one knows what Cyrus truly looks like, or used to look like at least. Not even Cyrus. Not anymore. He has a shock of black wavy hair, the only distinguishingly human feature about him. He covers the rest in bandages, clothing and a mask to avoid the possibility of ever confronting what he has become. He has a leanly muscular figure, his training focused on keeping him agile rather than strong. If one looks closely to study Cyrus’ movements, you can see a shadow of dust lagging behind his limbs. He is able to fully piece his body together in a solid state, but as humans normally do, he has times when he slips up and his limbs momentarily will ‘glitch’ and fragment from his core form.

-Personality: Before Cyrus underwent the experimentation of Project Lazarus, he was always described as a soft, obedient kid. He was a shared favorite of the teachers at school. Dedicated and sincere with an open imagination and endless curiosity. There wasn’t a deed that was asked of him that he’d roll his eyes at or complain endlessly at having to do. Thinking of others came naturally for him. He liked feeling useful. After growing accustomed to his life after his mother’s accident and seeing the guilt and shame that overcame her everyday for being a burden on his grandparents, Cyrus was grateful for his body’s ability to do work. He saw his ability to complete laborious tasks, no matter how boring or tedious it was, as a blessing.

After the Lazarus experiment, the gentle, young man known as Cyrus was wiped away. Instead, the identity of Shroud stood in his place. Shroud is paranoid, anxious and always tip-toeing around the ever present notion of fear in his life. He doesn’t converse with others much, even in group settings or when paired within a team. His lack of identity makes him an excellent follower and docile listener. (something the Lazarus team considered their greatest success about his experimentation).

Cyrus finds comfort in quiet atmospheres and often can be found in the calmest areas of the lab. The stillness comforts him and keeps him from spiraling into an episode of identity crisis. One of his favorite pastimes is to sit and watch a small aquarium that the scientists had gifted him after discovering his affinity to fish and water during his rehabilitation from his initial experimentation.

-History:
Before Lazarus:

Cyrus’ childhood, despite a few unfortunate “hiccups” was one that, if he could remember it currently, it would be remembered fondly. A simpler time. He was born in a small town in suburban Pennsylvania, a place with long, simmering summers and brutally cold, uneventful winters. But Cyrus never minded it. He found little pleasures in catching fireflies in the late summer nights, drinking hot chocolate on the porch with his mom while they handed out candy for Halloween. There was a certain type of simplicity that left him unable to complain.

Cyrus was raised by his mother and her parents, the first hiccup in his family’s life caused by his dad fleeing the responsibility of being thrown an unplanned pregnancy at far too young an age. The second hiccup was a road accident involving an unexpected deer that had left Cyrus’ mom paralyzed from the neck down, meaning Cyrus was raised and learned most from his grandparents. Cyrus learned and modeled himself heavily after his grandfather, a responsibly hard worker who did everything in his power to provide for those in his family, no matter the cost to himself.

As a child and young teenager Cyrus grew accustomed to making himself useful to others and dedicated himself fully to his education. He often dreamed of a high paying job that would provide the necessities to take care of his mother and retire his grandparents. Cyrus opted out of extracurricular activities in high school in favor of a part time job to help support the ever growing list of bills his grandparents were to take care of. Their bodies were growing older, their ability to contribute dwindling more by the day. His social life, although not absent, was not one of the young man’s main concerns.

When he was taken:

Cyrus had been employed in more under the table jobs when he was an adolescent than he could reasonably count. So the idea of being approached unofficially to mow a yard, shovel snow, break down some wood was not one he regarded with much caution. When he was walking back from his part time job, Cyrus found himself approached by a woman who claimed she needed help moving some heavy equipment from her shed. Payment and refreshments were offered, and young Cyrus, seventeen at the time, was none the wiser. Before he could even process that he had stumbled into danger, he awoke in the confinement of lab like surroundings and was assigned a number. #00222.

During Lazarus:

Cyrus’ experimentation started off surrounded by high anticipation and nervous excitement. The initial signs of his powers hinted at teleportation or the ability to pass through solid objects, completely ignoring structures. The scientists involved in his experimentation salivated at the mouth at the idea that if trained right, they would have an extremely elusive and deadly assassin on their hands. A successful process would yield a shower of praise and recognition. Each experimentation session pushed Cyrus further into his ability, working up from dematerializing one finger at a time to entire limbs and larger portions of his body. Further analysis of his sessions revealed that his ability was not simply passing through objects, but instead involved breaking down the atoms of his body into small particles to spread out and materialize at will.

Each test pushed Cyrus to a breaking point, as most experiments within the Lazarus facility waded into. The asks became more intense and the amount of time Cyrus spent broken into a particle form increased every day. Completion of longer test days resulted in Cyrus beginning to forget things, things about himself, about his day or what the scientists were asking of him, but this slip in his sanity was mistaken for mere exhaustion and was written off.

Eventually, his experiments reached a point where Cyrus’ sanity snapped, and he reached a point of no return. He had been put into an airtight room with thick concrete walls, one of the training rooms used for experiments with more--explosive and destructive abilities. He was told to find a way out before being left on his own for hours. When the Scientists returned to check in on the young man, he was no more. What stood in his place was an angry, chaotic storm that was later termed “Shroud”.

Stuck in this form, Cyrus’ consciousness had been ripped apart at the seams and scattered into mere fragments of what it was before. Any sense of up and down, color, sound, human feeling; it was all erased in that form. He no longer knew where he was. He no longer knew who he was. All Cyrus knew was the agony of the chaos and noise. The Scientists couldn’t control it, they hadn’t anticipated what would happen if Cyrus himself became unable to keep himself grounded in solid form and had naively overlooked the effect his powers had on his mind. They could only look on in sheer horror at what had become of their golden ticket of fame. Perhaps they had pushed the young man too hard. Perhaps this fate of his was inevitable, a sin to pay for such a transformative ability. There was no way to know for sure. Thus, test subject #0222 became an unspeakable topic. The storm of his body was kept in that locked room, left to torrent in chaos and agony for several years. Typically, his experiment number would have been scratched from the record and labeled as a failure, tossed out into the nameless oblivion he had fallen into when first coming into Project Lazarus. But no one knew what to do with Shroud. It couldn’t be controlled, contained or disposed of. So it simply--stayed.

For Cyrus, any notion of time or coherent human thought escaped him. The Scientists assigned to his case spent their time not in other experiments to test out different methods for forcibly materializing Cyrus’ human form. They became dedicated, morally responsible for the disaster that stained their hands and forced to walk by it every day when traversing through the lab. Trial and error had found out that classical music managed to calm the angry storm, even giving way to one or two body parts forming momentarily before dissolving back into dust.

Several years of research resulted in the creation of a silver ring that emitted a certain frequency, a map per say, to guide whatever was left of Cyrus’ mind into the right pattern to form a solid state. Days after the ring had been put into the locked room, the figure of a man sat curled into the corner almost as if he was trying to shrink into nothingness. The silver ring fit snugly around his thumb.

It took months of heavy rehabilitation to reform Shroud’s human identity. He had to relearn nearly everything and is still learning more every day. He speaks in short, succinct sentences to his comrades and carries out orders with dog like obedience. The scientists had achieved their golden ticket, Shroud was an efficient, discreet assassin with no boundaries keeping him from his target. But the price they paid for such a ‘success’ made their achievement sour.

Currently, Shroud spends his days following a set routine created for him by the scientists in charge of his experiment. He trains, goes on missions and whatever free time he manages to be allotted he spends listening to classical music and maintaining/admiring his aquarium.

Ability:
Particle fragmentation (of himself only) Shroud can break his body down into different forms of particles, similar to the transformation of water from a solid to a liquid to a gas. The ability behaves much like sand within a dust storm or clustered water vapor within fog. He uses this ability to walk through solid forms such as walls, doors etc. and can be hard to catch or track down. Combat wise he is not very strong or highly skilled. He relies on his power to sneak up on opponents and suffocate them.

His greatest weakness is his own self. Shroud cannot stay within a particle state for longer than 7 minutes or else he risks the crumbling of his sanity. Longer than 7 minutes will result in him becoming increasingly confused, forgetting his objectives, thoughts and eventually the fact that he is human.

He is also weak to any powers such as wind or telekinesis, things that can control him when he is reduced to mere particles scattered through the air.

Area of Expertise: Infiltration, discreet assassination

Last edited:

• Just your average, run-of-the-mill freak of nature.

Last edited:

/*top banner*/
My exhausted footsteps remain alone. Lost with nowhere to go. Like the sunset in the sky. Call me. Awaken me. Yeah, you make me back

/*left middle*/
azaria w. (ABYSS)

/*right middle*/

cis fem.

oct. 1

lazarus

/*left bottom*/
we all fall down

/*middle bottom*/

home

inside

life

• Gravity Manipulation: She has the ability to increase or decrease the gravitational pull in her surroundings within a 10-15 foot radius. This does not affect herself, unless she actively decides to manipulate her own gravitational pull. This allows her to push/pull objects without touching them, crushing objects and even people if exerting the right amount of power. Lowering the gravity around her will allow for objects to float, and even let herself float if she so desires.

help me.

the end is near.

Weaknesses: Azaria cannot manipulate gravity outside of her 10-15 foot radius. Furthermore, the more she manipulates gravity, and depending how intensely she is shifting the gravity field around her, it can expend too much energy at once, causing her to faint. Furthermore, she has to undergo intense near-zero gravity training to be able to fully control her posture/movement when she herself is floating due to a lack of gravity. This has brought upon several gruelling challenges, including weeks and weeks of feeling ill constantly.

/*right bottom*/

/*DO NOT REMOVE CREDIT*/

© weldherwings.

━━━━━━━❦━━━━━━━

Male - Middle Aged - Beard.png

━━━━━━━❦━━━━━━━

Name: Marcus Decovo

Code-Name: Vision

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Height: 5'11"

Weight: 189 Lbs

Years of service: 9

Notable features: A faded scar runs across his left cheek towards his ear

Outfit: Marcus is a rather plain man with simple tastes. As such, his go to outfit is a pair of comfortable jeans, a white or gray undershirt, and a neutral colored button down shirt. A pair of boots and a trusty pair of sunglasses complete his ordinary wardrobe. While on assignments he tries to dress in a way as to blend in with the local population. Be it rags to riches, he always dresses in a manner that doesn't draw attention to himself.

Squad Role: Informant/Reconnaissance

✧༺♡༻✧

Personality: Rather laid back considering his role as an expendable meat puppet, Marcus considers himself an easy to understand person. Having accepted his confinement years ago, he takes pleasure in the few privileges allotted to him for his service. He enjoys relaxing after a long day in his private room, listening to music as he prepares his dinner. Multiple photos and news snippets adorn his bedroom wall, mementos of his daughters progress through life. And nothing quite beats a nice hot shower after a mission, especially when he didn't have to share it with others.

He gets along well enough with his fellow captives, but their relationship rarely crosses over from colleague to friend. Sure he'll greet someone when he's greeted and even agree to help out with training, assuming that it was approved beforehand of course. But the amount of people that he considered his friends was small enough that he could count it on one hand. It was best not to get too attached to anyone, made it easier to get over it when they kicked the bucket. He does get uncomfortable around some of the younger subjects though. Whenever he sees one of them he can't help but picture his daughter in their position. The thought fills him with a fiery rage, so he tries to keep contact with them to a minimum.

- Fried foods
- Folk-tales
- Prog rock
- His daughter
- Massages

Dislikes:

- Green beans
- Liver
- Gratuitous violence
- Metal, the genre
- People who threaten his daughter

Fears:

- Being put into a permanent coma from overuse of his ability
- Anything bad happening to his daughter
- Dying before he could see his daughter again

History:

Born to a factory worker father and an officer worker mother, Marcus was born into a life of comfortable nature. He never wanted for the basic necessities and enjoyed the occasional luxury for special occasions. He was free to explore himself when he was younger, bouncing around from interest to interest to try and find what he wanted to do. Eventually, he settled on enjoying going hunting with his father and spending entire afternoons at the firing range with his friends. While not a natural, he practiced hard to improve his aim in order to not only make his dad proud but to get one up on his friends.

His life was rather uneventful up until he went to college, nothing too out of the ordinary but certainly not a life of struggles. It was at college that he met the love of his life, Mary Kim, and he spent the next four years of his life pining after her. After years of making advances, and admittedly making a fool out of himself more times than not, the two of them decided to give it a try. After both of them graduated at the age of twenty two they bought and moved into a one story house near her hometown of Sugarloaf. Him taking a job at the local elementary as a history teacher and her as a nurse at the local hospital. The two lived together in each others loving care until one day a sudden surprise graced the two after five years. Mary delivered the baby, a beautiful girl with eyes as blue as the sky, nine months later. Marcus loved his daughter, and swore to protect her from anything that would seek to hurt her from that point on.

Their lives were the definition of loving, or at least that was until one day, at the age of twenty eight, Marcus's life took a horrible turn. The school at which he taught bordered a large swath of woodland, separated by a chain-link fence of course. While he was taking his class out for their daily recess, a child named Sid claimed that he saw a man in the woods. He told all of his classmates about the man, how he watched them from just behind the tree. Marcus tried to brush off these rumors but a child's mind is easily gripped by the unknown. 'I saw him, the man in the woods! He was dragging something, a leg and he had a big gun.' He tried, tried to convince the children that the man was just a myth, that he didn't exist. But they wouldn't listen, and when they returned to their parents at the end of the day they cried to them about the man.

Soon Marcus was receiving strange looks in public, mutters of something uncouth before quickly being silenced. Then it evolved, with parents grilling him on why he wasn't doing more to protect their children. Of course he would have done more to protect them if the man had been real. If the man had not been the result of one child's overactive imagination. What was he to do, comb the forest every day, searching after an imaginary man who had evolved into having a scary grin and a hook for a hand? But that wasn't good enough, no parent wanted to believe that their child was telling a lie, their little angel would never lie about something like that. No, it was obviously the school's fault for ever employing a teacher who cared so little for the lives of their children. Rather than speak out, to take his side after years of service, the school cut ties with him and blacklisted him from working with them ever again.

He became a social pariah, unable to go to the store let alone land a job. No one wanted to employ a man who was considered a heartless bastard who didn't care if a child was taken or killed. He soon fell into a deep depression, alcohol and cigarettes his only companion as his wife desperately tried to pick up the slack. The strain was too much for their marriage, and soon the partners filed for a divorce. The judge awarded full custody to his wife, leaving him with nothing but whatever he could scrape up from selling his possessions. He soon found himself on the street, his primary concern was finding a warm place to sleep for the night. It was on a night like this, with head fogged by cheap swill that two men in suits blocked his path underneath an overpass. He felt the sting of something piercing his neck, before consciousness soon failed him.

When he woke up he was strapped to a bed in an unfamiliar place with countless wires and needles stuck into him. It was here that he was told what would happen to him, about what was to become of him. The treatment was painful and intrusive, with each passing day Marcus was unsure if he would live to see the next day. Fortunately, or unfortunately, he survived the ordeal and emerged with a new ability. He was placed into the general subject population, but his captors soon found that he would not accept his fate easily. He constantly fought with his peers, mouthed off to his superiors and even attempted an easily failed escape attempt. The guards beat him viciously in an attempt to curb further behavior, going so far as to carve a gash in his cheek to his ear. Unfortunately for them, this seemed to only encourage his efforts as he was eventually moved into solitary confinement. No matter how badly they beat him he would only swear vengeance on them time and time again.

It was at this point that the Lazarus Project realized that physical punishment was ineffective as a deterrent. And so it was, in his dark and barren cell, that an agent warned him of the new consequences should he act out. If Marcus acted out again, they would take action against his daughter. He could swear that he saw the agent smirk as he shouted out vitriol and threats if they touched a hair on her head. After his release back into the barracks Marcus became a model subject, never speaking back against agents and following orders to a T. His dedication even earned him his own private room after eight straight years of service. Instead of rewarding him with literature and entertainment, the organization allowed him to receive updates on his daughter. These moments were what kept him going, the knowledge that his little girl was safe and sound.

But beneath his compliance, beneath his complacency receiving these updates, the fire of rebellion was still alive and well. Eight years, eight years of living under their thumb with his daughter held like a carrot on a stick. He didn't care what happened to him, everyone that cared about him probably thought that he was either dead or living it up in some foreign country with a new life and family. But no one threatened his daughter, the one good thing that he had left in this world. He couldn't take overt action, no he needed allies, subjects who yearned for freedom the same as he did. No matter how long it took, no matter how many missions he had to go on, he would get his revenge. That, he could guarantee.

✧༺♡༻✧

Ability:

Orbital Servitors - Marcus possesses the ability to create fist sized eyeballs that can relay auditory and visual information directly to him. He does so by conjuring them through his palms, allowing them to be deployed in areas such as ventilation systems. The eyeballs can be dismissed with a command, dissolving into flecks as small as pepper before evaporating completely. Additionally, the eyeballs can grow a pair of spider-like limbs in order to transport themselves or attach to a surface. He can either directly control these eyeballs, directing them via a mental link, or have them follow a simple set parameter such as patrolling an area or attaching themselves to a surface. The servitors have a 180 degree field of vision and can attach themselves to nearly any surface, although they are unable to attach themselves to living matter.

Because of the constant stream of information, Marcus often keeps his eyes closed when using the servitors in order to cut down on excess information. When out in the field the organization has him use a pair of noise canceling headphones with a built in communication device to not only suppress outside information but to communicate to his squad mates.

While the maximum range of these servitors has not been found, the longer the distance between Marcus and the eyeball results in a lag in information. This could be a matter of seconds, or even up to a minute when at an extreme range. Additionally, the maximum number of cameras has yet to be determined although this is more of a case of information overload for Marcus than a hard limit.

Weaknesses:

Information overload - While active, Marcus's cameras constantly input visual and auditory information directly into his mind. With each camera this information increases and the risk of the cumulative data overwhelming him increases. Warning signs of the overload include nose-bleeds, migraines, and nausea. In the case of an overload, his brain will immediately render him unconscious and recall all cameras, placing him in a comatose like state.

Destructible cameras - While hard to spot and able to move themselves, Marcus's cameras are not indestructible and can be injured or destroyed. If destroyed, Marcus experiences an extreme pain that he likens to "Having a f***ing rail spike driven through his brain." Enough of this pain could cause him to pass out, canceling his active cameras.

Notable skills:

Sharpshooting - Even before his confinement, Marcus was a crack shot with a rifle. His father took him out hunting every season, and he couldn't even begin to count the amount of afternoons he spent with his buddies at the range. Due to the nature of his power, Project Lazarus focused on improving his ability to hit smaller targets at longer ranges.

Information Gathering - With a keen eye and a memory like a steel trap, Marcus never forgot a single important day in his life. Be it his own, or of those around him. Although he has shifted from remembering birthdays and anniversaries to memorizing guard rotations and camera blind spots, almost nothing is left forgotten. It also helps for knowing when something is wrong with a colleague or friend so that he can try and help them out.

Infiltration - Although one wouldn't think so based on his appearance, Marcus was thoroughly drilled in the art of infiltration by his captors. With his ability to scout out locations before entering he was trained and taught to recognize and identify the flaws and limitations of most modern security systems. By exploiting these limitations, he could move or direct others safely in order to avoid detection.

━━━━━━━❦━━━━━━━

⛧ c o d e d _ b y _ s p o o k i e ⛧

Code credit: @spookie

Last edited:

• s. s.

art: @Ceoretkr (Twitter) - Genshin Impact

LEVIATHAN

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
The long awaited day has arrived! 13 sheets were submitted but alas only 8 will make it through. And those 8 are: LXI LXI JellySquishies JellySquishies SavannahSmiles SavannahSmiles .wren .wren Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin leviohsa leviohsa Pepsionne Pepsionne & Ghostiiys Ghostiiys

As this roleplay progresses I may feel the need to open up for more slots or I may even be able to find myself some help in maintaining things which will expand the roleplay as well which is why the pinglist exists! If you wanted to be added to that pinglist and hadn’t said so yet just let me know and I’ll add you up and should the opportunity arise for more slots to open I will ping you on RPN letting you know! If there are any questions or concerns at this point in time please don’t hesitate to let me know and just one last final time I want to let everyone know how awesome I thought your characters were and just know that choosing was really quite difficult for me! ^^’

Anubis Squad Handler
Castle Brooks
★★★★★★
Nonbinary / Enhanced Human / 33
Project Lazarus | Squadron Handler
Umbrakinesis / 6’2” / 210 lbs
Overview
A 15 year veteran of Project Lazarus, Castle has been fine-tuned into being a perfect subject of the institution. On top of being a subject, Castle also works for Project Lazarus as one of their elite Squad Handlers, a position reserved only for their most powerful and competent soldiers.
Background
Little is known of Castle’s childhood as no records of them exist prior to the age of 17, and the only record after that period was of an emergency room visit wherein they were treated for severe bruising, broken ribs, and lacerations to their right arm. Examination of these medical records indicate that Castle sustained these injuries in a physical altercation, though this remains only speculation as Castle discharged themselves against medical advice. There was little the hospital could do before Castle vanished, as any searches of their name brought up no previous records, no parental data, not even a birth certificate. It was as if Castle didn’t exist.

A year later, Castle was acquired by Project Lazarus and experimentation began shortly after. Dubbed “Subject Nyx,” experiment #0198 under subproject Umbra went on with few complications. Previous experiments under Umbra saw their flesh melt into shadows leaving only bones and organs where a human being once was, others melded into the shadows successfully, but upon return found they could only reform half of their bodies, killing them instantly once reformation was complete. Subject Nyx, however, saw none of the same complications, and even took the subproject to new heights upon the formation of hard constructs made from the shadows. Subject Nyx had a command over the shadows never before seen on this project, and thus subproject Umbra was deemed a success.

Subject Nyx also showed unprecedented levels of cooperation with their overseers and training staff, leading to a quick ascension amongst the other subjects. Within a month, Castle was granted their own room and access to Level 4 recreational facilities. Within another month, after several critically successful missions, a full blown investigation into Castle’s background was launched and when nothing turned up, Castle was offered an official position with Project Lazarus, the first and last subject to ever be offered such a thing. This was done cautiously, though with great thought put into it. The administration justified this with the fact that Castle was essentially a ghost and had little tying them to life outside of the Project, therefore giving them little motivation to escape back to a life where they had and were nothing. With Project Lazarus, Castle could be important, they could have a purpose and they had already proven time and time again that they were more than capable.
Combat Arsenal
Umbrakinesis: The ability to control and manipulate shadows/darkness. The user of this ability can mold shadows into hard contructs such as weapons, or generate hard shadow minions of relative simplicity (I.e wolves, birds, etc.) The user of this ability can also use shadows to transport themselves or others as well as camouflage.

Advance Tactical Training: Tactical training is something every subject must undergo, this training includes hand-to-hand combat, weapons training, and understanding of formations and general battle tactics. Under the advanced training program, subjects learn further weapon skills and are educated in advanced war tactics and espionage as well as given leadership training.

Power-dampening Technology: Due to the nature of their position, Castle has been given access to an arsenal of power-dampening technology specific to each of the subjects within their squad as well as advanced training on how to use this technology.
CODE /
SEROBLISS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back