• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic PROJECT CAIN

Characters
Here
Reference

BELIAL.

wanna bewitch you in the moonlight
Roleplay Type(s)
OffbeatSplendidEnglishpointer-small.gif

pretty goes here, maybe
between myself and Hell0NHighWater Hell0NHighWater
do not post here unless either, but welcome to lurk

Last edited:
[div class=Container]
[div class=Mainpic]
[/div]

[div class=infobanner][div class=title]Jude[/div]

|[div class=title]Song[/div] |
|[div class=title]Mood[/div] pissed off|
|[div class=title]Location[/div] Citadel Supermax|Sancus
[/div]

[div class=textWrap][div class=scrollWrap][div class=textBox]Prison was shit, but nothing compared to Supermax. The Citadel had their worst of the worst shepherded off into some tight-quartered, glorified solitary confinement. Regular prison was a breeze, with plenty of space to move and to maybe kick a few asses... but here? Jude was confined, her hands always cuffed to her back except to piss, and she saw other inmates no more than twice a day. Supermax was the Federation's sick excuse to hide away the truly fucked up of their populace. For the most part, she really didn't belong there... but then again, she had done some fucked up shit.

To know Jude, you would have to know her humble beginnings and where her life of crime began. That, within itself, was a loaded statement-- depending on who you asked.

If you asked Jude, she'd give you some fabricated story full of exaggerations and gory details. She liked to make people cringe and bow away from her, yet at the same time be ever intrigued by the dark haired vixen. She liked to remain aloof, but at the same time demanded the attention of those around her. She thrived on this power, this raw energy of captivating people. Story telling was her passion, and if she weren't constantly locked away, she'd make a good poet. A violent poet, maybe.

If you asked her criminal record, buried in some archive within the Citadel's Judicial Sector, you'd see the complicated picture of a vibrant youth. Raised by her mother and father, both living on the fringe of society and poverty. You'd see she had four siblings, all brothers, but that she only paid attention to the youngest, Cameron, with her closeness and loyalty. She had remained close to her family until she was about eight, when she began to scrap for parts and began to build. Hardware, destroyed computers and ID chips, whatever she could find. She tinkered and sold these scraps off, making enough money by ten to purchase her own computer. A shabby little thing, hardly worth its credits, but enough to get her interested in the more dangerous side of things: Hacking. She made more money, phishing and scamming idiot snob-lords a few stories above their shabby home. She crafted her own niche, thanks to her father, who taught her most of what she knew. She had an innate intellect that few could replicate, and her father was determined to put her to good use. This continued for some time, Jude idolizing her father and the brilliance he had, until he was caught and locked away. Jude became her own patriarch of the family, expanding her personal business to a more lucrative market: guns. She tinkered and took them apart to learn and do whatever she pleased with these weapons, and eventually developed her own mods (by age seventeen). The snowball continued to grow as Jude grew older, joining a local gang in order to expand her services. Petty crimes began to surface, locking up the girl at least four times by the time she was 21. Within the last 5 years, her capacity for breaking the law only grew. Her recent stint of a high-scale burglary finally threw her in prison, along with every other charge she had been racking up for the last half of her life. Fighting with a fellow inmate led her to Supermax, where she resides now with no chance of freedom anytime soon.

But Jude did it for her family.

Every, single thing.

She'd fight for her honor, even if her sense of worth was lower than the Supermax's location beneath the planet's surface.

It was day seven (or was it twelve?) of Supermax for Jude. Days and nights blurred together, which made sense because she hadn't seen the light of day in weeks. Wide eyes glaring into the stone wall, plump lips pursed into a thinking pout, she contemplated what kind of a life she had made for herself.

Cameron would be worrying, of course he would. He'd been worrying since the day he was born, despite being the baby of the family. Jude, head of the family (on account of their absent, drug-addled mother with a few cards short of a hand), had tried to make a living for them... and she only had herself to blame for where she was now. Caught up in her own affairs, and entranced by the allure of crime...she'd really made a damn fool of herself now, and left her family alone.

Sudden, hot tears burned behind the woman's eyes, and through the heat rushing into her complexion, she reached forward in her bed and punched the wall. Both fists connected, a blossom of pain spreading up her knuckles and doing nothing to quell the tears from falling. At least she was alone through this temporary, shattered visage of her prickly exterior.

There was clanging, and then the sudden electronic beep of the door opening. Jude buried her face in her pillow to dry her face, and then rolled over to glare at whatever guard had decided to bother her. It was one of the ones with a big nose. Jude remembered him because she called him that every time he showed up.

"Up, inmate," Big nose said sternly, smacking his taser baton against the metal door. Jude frowned, throwing her weight to sit up. She continued to glare at the man, saying nothing. "I said, up!"

Big nose made a move to step forward, but Jude eventually (and begrudgingly) stood up to meet him. Angry face and angry knuckles, she stared up at the tall man. She hated being small, for this very reason. Despite being pretty fucking intimidating, and having a wealth of knowledge and criminal prowess, she looked like a teenager from behind. It was a debilitating curse, and she was determined to steal someone's shin bones in order to prove them all wrong. He attached a chain to her cuffs and then pulled her out and forward, linking the chain to the cuffs around her ankles. She glared at him all the while, especially when his fingers lingered a little too close to her hip bones on the way down.

"Any reason we're going for a walk, Big Nose? Or is this just a new thing they've put together here at Camp Funtime?" Jude asked, snark lacing her voice like a lethal injection. Big Nose made a noise, frowning at her, but saying nothing.

She was dragged out of her cage and pushed down the hall. Stumbling, she took the moment to steel her resolve from kicking Big Nose right in his big nose. "Oh, are we not talking anymore?" She bit these words, venomous at the man. She needed to unleash some of her rage, if any, on someone. "Did I hurt your feelings? Is Big Nose too close to home for you?"

"Be quiet, inmate," was all the man said. Jude huffed and continued along, her mind reeling from what fate could be ahead of her. She wasn't due for any release; anytime soon. Were they going to kill her? Snuff her off to make room for some other Tim and Jane? Maybe Big Nose was finally going to exact his petty revenge for the awful nickname...

Some halls later, and a few doors later, they arrived at the entrance to an elevator. It was huge, glass, and was the brightest thing that Jude had seen in a while. Pursing her lips, she looked back over at Big Nose. "I don't understand, what the hell is going on? Can't you tell me something? Anything?" She hated to sound like she was pleading, but she was legitimately concerned that she was going to die in the next few minutes. Perhaps the elevator would collapse on her, or release a noxious toxin?

"You have a meeting... with the Council," Big Nose said as he pushed her into the elevator. Following behind, the man slipped his key card onto the operating system and was greeted with a cheery jingle. Jude was fuming now, and positively frightened all at once.

What the hell did the Council want with her?[/div][/div][/div]
[/div] [class=Container] min-width:200px; max-width:700px; height:auto; display:flex; flex-wrap:wrap; padding:0.3em; padding-bottom:0.8em; align-items:center; justify-content:space-evenly; margin:auto;center; --color1:#CCCCCC; --color2:#600807; --color3:#401004; --color4:#250F01; --color5:#222222; background:var(--color4); [/class] [class=Mainpic] width:250px; height:250px; border-radius:50%; background:url('https://66.media.tumblr.com/24dd418fc1853e8f224b7df040c5338a/tumblr_ox9d9130y61wwbdveo7_250.png'); background-size:100%; background-position:.1em 0em; filter:grayscale(0); [/class] [class=infobanner] width:250px; height:150px; color:var(--color1); font-family: Montserrat; font-size:0.8em; padding-top:1em; padding-bottom:1em; border-bottom:3px solid var(--color2); [/class] [class=title] font-family: Major Mono Display; font-size:1em; color:var(--color1); display:inline-block; [/class] [class=textWrap] min-width:200px; max-width:680px; height:40vh; overflow:hidden; padding:0.3em; box-shadow:3px 3px 0px var(--color2); [/class] [class=scrollWrap] width:105%; height:40vh; overflow:scroll; [/class] [class=textBox] width:95%; font-family: Montserrat; font-size:0.8em; color:var(--color1); text-align:justify; [/class]

Last edited:
[div class=Container]
[div class=Mainpic]
[/div]

[div class=infobanner][div class=title]Ryker[/div]

|[div class=title]Mood[/div] Irritated|amused
|[div class=title]Location[/div] Galactic Hub|Sancus[/div]

[div class=textWrap][div class=scrollWrap][div class=textBox]
"I'm burnin' through the sky, yeah, two hundred degrees, That's why they call me Mister Fahrenheit! I'm traveling at the speed of light, I wanna make a supersonic man out of you.." He slid across the floor, fingers contorting over an invisible guitar as he belted out the lyrics to a song he had heard so much he knew every rift by heart. "I'm havin' such a good time! I'm havin' a---" The music cut, causing his head to snap up towards the console with a scowl that seemed to burn itself permanently onto his face.

"Incoming transmission, Galactic Council. Override code 5.E.6---"

His socks slipped on the polished floor and he launched himself towards the com center, "NO, NO, NO, NO, DON'T YOU DARE---"
The holo screen flickered in front of him, his eyes widening as he contorted his body to grab the jacket thrown lazily across the pilot's seat. "Ryker! What have you been doing? This is the seventeenth time I've attempted to contact you and your....father....where are your clothes?" The voice of his Father's secretary filled the ship and a slight prang of irritation fluttered through him. He had been ignoring the calls for a reason. An innocent grin stretched across his face, resting one arm against the back of the seat in an attempt to be casual.

"Where are yours?"

"...On me? Jesus, Ryker would you just put some pants on?"

His brows arched, dark blue eyes flickering down to his maroon boxers before up at the hologram of the young woman who looked more or less bothered by his state of undress. He shot her a toothy grin, shrugging the jacket over his bare shoulders. "Hm, you're the one who bypassed my wish to not be disturbed. Consider yourself lucky you didn't catch me without anything on...or unlucky." His right eye dipped into a wink. A bit of amusement entered his gaze at the sight of the woman's blush. Even though the hologram's impressive shades of blue didn't deliver the best quality it wasn't hard to tell from the way she bit her bottom lip that she was flustered.

She pushed her glasses up, clearing her throat, "Yes. Well, as I was saying before, your father requests your presence in the Council's chambers. Preferably dressed."

That caught his attention, the humor in his expression dulled just a bit as he straightened, "Tell him I'll be right there."
"Really, Ryker, you have a nice penthouse on the top level. I will never understand why you---"
"Bye Eve!" He pressed the disconnect button before she could finish and watched her hologram flicker out. He ran his hand down his face with a sigh as the music came back with a jack hammering force. Whatever his father wanted, he was certain that he was going to hate it.

☬ ☬ ☬​

"You're late."
"Didn't realize we had an appoin--"
"Don't get smart with me boy."

Ryker pressed his lips together, forcefully holding back a another snippy comment. Councilman Harold Coleman reclined in his nice padded throne of a chair, harsh brown eyes looking down at him without a hint of warmth. Age hadn't been kind to his father. In his youth, he might have passed as handsome, but now there was something about the whizzed marble of his face that didn't reflect anything pleasant. Ryker thought it kind of suited him --ugly on the outside as he was inside. It hadn't ceased to cross his mind that he was staring into the reflection of his future. Although the two barely held much of a resemblance, there were moments when Ryker feared aging. If only because he didn't want to pass as a shadowed version of his father.

The Enforcer's gaze flickered to the three other empty seats, briefly wondering where the rest of the council was before returning his attention back to the Councilman. "The Council has agreed to send you on a mission. It's a big step for you Ryker. Do this right and you'll see Spectre status in no time."

His brows furrowed, stepping forward to reach for the file that was handed to him. He didn't open it, gaze trained on the old man. He felt like there was something off about this. If it had been so important then why weren't the other members of the council here? The elevator to his left whirled, the noise causing his head to tilt towards the doors as they curled open.

Well. This wasn't what he had been expecting.

"And of course, your charge for this mission. Do review the mission details this time. While I appreciate your results, this is a delicate matter and must be solved with the utmost discretion."
A single brow raised, dark azure orbs moving from the figure who stumbled out of the elevator, to his father who looked as if he were about to ask for an afternoon cup of tea.

"Listen, I can handle this on my own. I don't need some street urchin dragging me down---"
"Do not make me repeat myself, boy. You will do as I say or you will be stripped of your status. Do I make myself clear?"

Ryker's jaw clenched, fists curling at his sides as he stared at the man for a moment of silence too long.

"Do. I. Make. Myself. Clear?"

"Yes, Sir." He bit the words out, struggling to keep the mixture of spite and irritation off of his face.

"Good. You are dismissed. Do not forget to take your Charge with you."

The councilman didn't look at either of them then. Ryker stood still, as if waiting for more information than what he was given, but upon realizing that his father wasn't about to talk he focused the full weight of his attention on the criminal he had been saddled with. She didn't look like much. A gutter rat, probably involved in petty theft or something. About as useful as a wet shirt. Though the bindings on her hands and feet spoke volumes of just how dangerous they believed her to be. Ryker jerked his head towards one of the guards who moved forward at the command, leading the girl to where he stood. The foot shackles where unbound before the guard handed him the remote for the handcuffs.

"Careful with this one, she's a'bit of a handful."
"More of a handful than your nose?"
"Ryker." The edge to the counilman's voice told him that the old man's patience was wearing far too thin. He put his hands up in mock surrender before placing his hand on the girl's shoulder in order to steer her forward.

"Yeah, yeah, we're going."
"I expect detailed reports."
"Sure, pops."
"And Ryker," He paused, half turning towards his father, "do try to stay out of trouble."
His lips pulled into a grin, not responding before walking both him and his new found pain in the ass out of the council's main chamber.

[/div][/div][/div]
[/div] [class=Container] min-width:200px; max-width:700px; height:auto; display:flex; flex-wrap:wrap; padding:0.3em; padding-bottom:0.8em; align-items:center; justify-content:space-evenly; margin:auto;center; --color1:#CCCCCC; --color2:#063d60; --color3:#042140; --color4:#010025; --color5:#222222; background:var(--color4); [/class] [class=Mainpic] width:250px; height:250px; border-radius:50%; background:url('https://i.pinimg.com/564x/ac/4c/cd/ac4ccd27bdbd387ac8c9bfa94a6dd2fb.jpg'); background-size:100%; background-position:0em 0em; filter:grayscale(0); [/class] [class=infobanner] width:250px; height:150px; color:var(--color1); font-family: Montserrat; font-size:0.8em; padding-top:1em; padding-bottom:1em; border-bottom:3px solid var(--color2); [/class] [class=title] font-family: Major Mono Display; font-size:1em; color:var(--color1); display:inline-block; [/class] [class=textWrap] min-width:200px; max-width:680px; height:40vh; overflow:hidden; padding:0.3em; box-shadow:3px 3px 0px var(--color2); [/class] [class=scrollWrap] width:105%; height:40vh; overflow:scroll; [/class] [class=textBox] width:95%; font-family: Montserrat; font-size:0.8em; color:var(--color1); text-align:justify; [/class]

[div class=Container]
[div class=Mainpic]
[/div]

|[div class=title]Location[/div] Citadel|Sancus
[/div]

[div class=textWrap][div class=scrollWrap][div class=textBox]She racked her brain trying to figure out what kind of appeal may have been made to grant her access to Council chambers. As the elevator rose, and the many floors flickered by the glass windows, she narrowed her eyes trying to remember. Had she asked for an appeal? They more or less had thrown her in Super without much of a second glance, let alone giving her any kind of access to a lawyer or an appeal. Her brain half recalled, with the swollen knuckles reminding her, that she had scribbled on some forms thrust in front of her when they had carted her off. Mere moments after being processed out of the regular prison, the Warden had garbled something about signing up for a Project. Jude had been pissed, her usual state of mind, and hadn't given much thought to it. Now, as it appeared, that was probably her biggest mistake in this whole ordeal.

The elevator came to a stop, and Jude clenched her sweating palms. She was pressed forward by Big Nose, straight to a mostly empty Council chamber. One of the Councilmen, Jude recalled him being the uppity white guy of them all, sat in his chair with a less than amused expression (though to be fair, he seemed to always look like that). Her eyes adjusted crudely to the new light, and she recoiled instinctively. The bright gaze in her eyes settling, she focused her opal colored orbs on the man who looked mildly annoyed by her presence. Already, Jude had a strong apprehension for the man. Hell, she hated this whole scenario. While it was mostly from the lack of information, but Pretty Boy here just seemed to make her nerves flare.

"And of course, your charge for this mission. Do review the mission details this time. While I appreciate your results, this is a delicate matter and must be solved with the utmost discretion." Councilman Stick-in-the-Ass said to the guy. He looked like an Enforcer, which made Jude's hackles rise even more than they already were.

"Listen, I can handle this on my own. I don't need some street urchin dragging me down---"

"Do not make me repeat myself, boy. You will do as I say or you will be stripped of your status. Do I make myself clear?"

She was a little offended to be equated to a street urchin when she was just as human as these other assholes in the room. Though, to be fair, she probably looked like a diseased Slarkin. Cradling the insecurity, she molded it to make her already annoyed mood even more hostile. She wouldn't be taking shit from the bureaucracy; she never fucking did. They were all assholes, and they all pretended they were better than you because they were in charge. In reality, they were just as fucked up as everyone else.

Jude continued to watch the interaction with Pretty boy and Councilman Coleman, her eyes raking over Pretty Boy as he moved toward her and Big Nose. Jude only glared at the taller men, her gaze eventually finding the wall ahead in silent rebellion.

"Careful with this one, she's a'bit of a handful."

"More of a handful than your nose?"

Jude let out a snort, breaking her focus, but otherwise keeping a fairly straight face. Big Nose glowered at the woman and the man, before grumbling off. She wanted to flip him the bird and tell him good riddance, but she at least still had her cuffs on. With an enforcer standing next to her with the remote to her cuffs, she didn't want to push her luck and end up with 200 watts of voltage coursing through her body. She kept her silence and her brooding glare, watching Pretty Boy say his final words to the Councilman. It turned out he was the father of this walking, talking asshole-- or the Councilman's name was Pops.

Ryker, as that happened to be his name, had his hand on Jude's shoulder as they left the chambers. She wanted to whip around and flip the guy over, trying to make a run for it, but she wasn't that stupid. She longed for freedom, and to find her family, but she wasn't going to get herself killed in the process. The very sensation of his fingers on the fabric of her shirt was strange, as it was fairly neutral. Not aggressive in anyway, like when she had fought the inmate in the prison or when Big Nose threw her around. She had almost craved this kind of connection with someone, but she refused to seem like she was starving for attention.

The door slid to a shut behind them, and the reception office held one dainty looking secretary. She gave a quiet, reserved smile at Ryker before clearing her throat and leaning over the counter. "Now was that so hard?" She chided the male, rolling her eyes as she gestured to the bigger set of doors. "Go ahead on through there to Spectre Sec. Councilman F'ar will debrief you on the mission." The girl was talking and looking only at Ryker, which made Jude even more aggravated. Was she just a piece of fucking lint? No one would acknowledge her, but at least Big Nose had had the audacity to shove her ahead and make her feel present. All of this was just a load of shit.

She continued to say nothing as the two exited through the doors and made their way out. Ryker seemed to know where he was going, but she hoped even more he knew what was going on. What was she to say, anyway, if she was to start up a conversation? 'Hi, hello, I've been starved of human contact for weeks, what's going on with you?' He probably viewed her as nothing more than baggage, and that was fine with her if whatever this thing was had some sort of endgame she could benefit for. Preferably a shower.

She'd never been inside the Citadel, except to get processed and charged all those months ago. That was back when she was in regular prison, and felt like it was just yesterday. She had taken freedom for granted... and now it looked like she was just a puppet to these assholes and whatever goal they had. She was probably just a meatshield.

Squinting at the office around them, sleek with wide windows that overlooked the entirety of Sancus with, Jude was bristled when an alien snorted at her. It seemed to be sizing Ryker up as well.

“Well hey, who let the Enforcer and his pet rat in?” The alien said, crossing his arms (all four of them). Another alien in a similar looking ensemble broke the tension, glowering down at Four-Arms. This one was tall, and one of the more elegant and humanoid looking species.

“That’s enough Harl’el. Go exude all your uselessness somewhere else. We have business to attend to,” The alien said, nodding his head in their direction. “Ryker.”

Harl’el grumbled, mumbling a few words in another language. Jude glared, and in spite snatched her shoulder from Ryker’s grip. [/div][/div][/div]
[/div] [class=Container] min-width:200px; max-width:700px; height:auto; display:flex; flex-wrap:wrap; padding:0.3em; padding-bottom:0.8em; align-items:center; justify-content:space-evenly; margin:auto;center; --color1:#CCCCCC; --color2:#600807; --color3:#401004; --color4:#250F01; --color5:#222222; background:var(--color4); [/class] [class=Mainpic] width:250px; height:250px; border-radius:50%; background:url('https://66.media.tumblr.com/24dd418fc1853e8f224b7df040c5338a/tumblr_ox9d9130y61wwbdveo7_250.png'); background-size:100%; background-position:.1em 0em; filter:grayscale(0); [/class] [class=infobanner] width:250px; height:150px; color:var(--color1); font-family: Montserrat; font-size:0.8em; padding-top:1em; padding-bottom:1em; border-bottom:3px solid var(--color2); [/class] [class=title] font-family: Major Mono Display; font-size:1em; color:var(--color1); display:inline-block; [/class] [class=textWrap] min-width:200px; max-width:680px; height:40vh; overflow:hidden; padding:0.3em; box-shadow:3px 3px 0px var(--color2); [/class] [class=scrollWrap] width:105%; height:40vh; overflow:scroll; [/class] [class=textBox] width:95%; font-family: Montserrat; font-size:0.8em; color:var(--color1); text-align:justify; [/class]

Last edited:
[div class=Container]
[div class=Mainpic]
[/div]

|[div class=title]Location[/div] Galactic Hub|Sancus[/div]

"Now was that so hard?" Eve's voice caused his gaze to flicker to the side, watching the woman rise from her seat just so she could bend over her desk. He knew the move, had seen it dozens of times before and if he weren't so focused on what could possibly be going on with this job he might have given in. It was rare that he slept with the same person twice though and he wasn't inclined to repeat an old one night stand any time soon. No matter how low her shirts were cut. A pleasantly fake smile rested on his lips, moving his new charge forward just a bit with extra care not to hurt her. He could feel the bone of her shoulder through the fabric of the supermax jumpsuit and wondered just how often they had been feeding her. She looked like a fucking wraith.

"Yes. Painfully so, and if you override any of my ships protocols again," he leaned forward, lowering the tone of his voice to something that was beyond friendly, "I'll personally see to it that my father finds another assistant." He leaned back, the smile flickering back onto his face. Eve paused her eye roll, looking a little apprehensive as she slowly sat back in her seat. "Go ahead on through there to Spectre Sec. Councilman F'ar will debrief you on the mission." Ryker didn't even acknowledge her as he lead the prisoner through the doors towards Spectre Sec. It occurred to him then, that he didn't even really know her name. Ocean blue orbs flickered over the woman passively before swinging up at the sound of a nasally voice that seemed to have been pushed through a pair of translation synthesizers.

"Well hey, who let the Enforcer and his pet rat in?”

A grin slipped onto his face, fingers twitching against the hold he had on the charge's shoulder. He watched the alien cross all four of his boney little arms as if that were the most intimidating stance he could come up with. Ryker snorted, narrowing his eyes just a bit but the smile still held. "And I wasn't aware they were letting just anyone pass the Spectre tests. Your mom here too? I think I left something at her place last night."

The alien uncrossed two of his arms, stepping forward in an attempt to get into his face. He was much shorter than Ryker, at least by half a foot, and there didn't seem to be much to him. In fact, Ryker was almost certain he could punt the guy half way across the galaxy. “That’s enough Harl’el. Go exude all your uselessness somewhere else. We have business to attend to,” Any thoughts of violence flew out of his mind as soon as he saw the alien who had stepped up. He was much taller than either of them and his commanding presence spoke volumes of his position.

“Ryker.” A head nod.
The Enforcer blinked for a moment, before nodding back, "Councilman F'ar. It's a pleasure."
"I'm sure." Ryker could have sworn he saw a slight smile grace the bol'then's face. He didn't say anything in reply as yet another file was handed to him, Ryker removed his hand from the prisoner's shoulder to take it just as she attempted to shrug it off. His gaze cut over to her before going back to the file. "As Counilman Coleman had surely explained," a slight snort left Ryker as he opened the file in his arms to glance through the information, "this is a matter of the utmost delicance. I am not in a position to disclose much at this time, but here has been a theft. Your mission, is to track down the perpetrator and bring them back before the Council for judgement."

A frown twitched at his lips, "And the charge? What's she for? No offense, cupcake, but I work better solo."
F'ar sighed, rubbing his face, giving Ryker a stern look as if the man had aged him another couple centuries just by asking him that question. "She has a unique set of skills that you frankly do not possess."

Ryker snorted, snapping the file closed. He didn't respond to that, instead placing a hand on his hip, "Well do you have a location or am I just putting my dick out to the wind and seeing if I catch anything?"

"The only lead I have for you is on the lower levels, a club called Nitus. There's an information broker there who might be of more help."

A sigh left his lips, nodding as he tucked the files under his arm and placing his hand back on the girl's shoulder to turn her back towards the elevators. "Right, well, thanks for the information F'ar. I'll call if I have any further questions."
The councilman smiled at him as if he knew that last part wasn't quite true, "Ryker, just promise me something?" He paused, hand pressing the call button for the elevator, "Stay out of trouble."
Ryker grinned as the doors slid open and he stepped inside, turning to face the alien with a poorly done salute. "Sure thing, boss."

F'ar sighed as the doors slid closed, knowing that it was one promise Ryker never seemed to be able to keep.
[/div][/div][/div]
[/div] [class=Container] min-width:200px; max-width:700px; height:auto; display:flex; flex-wrap:wrap; padding:0.3em; padding-bottom:0.8em; align-items:center; justify-content:space-evenly; margin:auto;center; --color1:#CCCCCC; --color2:#063d60; --color3:#042140; --color4:#010025; --color5:#222222; background:var(--color4); [/class] [class=Mainpic] width:250px; height:250px; border-radius:50%; background:url('https://i.pinimg.com/564x/ac/4c/cd/ac4ccd27bdbd387ac8c9bfa94a6dd2fb.jpg'); background-size:100%; background-position:0em 0em; filter:grayscale(0); [/class] [class=infobanner] width:250px; height:150px; color:var(--color1); font-family: Montserrat; font-size:0.8em; padding-top:1em; padding-bottom:1em; border-bottom:3px solid var(--color2); [/class] [class=title] font-family: Major Mono Display; font-size:1em; color:var(--color1); display:inline-block; [/class] [class=textWrap] min-width:200px; max-width:680px; height:40vh; overflow:hidden; padding:0.3em; box-shadow:3px 3px 0px var(--color2); [/class] [class=scrollWrap] width:105%; height:40vh; overflow:scroll; [/class] [class=textBox] width:95%; font-family: Montserrat; font-size:0.8em; color:var(--color1); text-align:justify; [/class]

[div class=Container]
[div class=Mainpic]
[/div]

|[div class=title]Location[/div] Citadel Docking Bay, outside of USS Valor|Sancus
[/div]

[div class=textWrap][div class=scrollWrap][div class=textBox]The elevator doors slid shut (another fucking elevator ride) and Jude freed her shoulder once again. She was annoyed that her hands were still bound, and annoyed that she was beginning to settle into her crawling skin. Being out in the open, with all these people, was making her head explode. She just wanted to be alone, just for a bit, to let her sanity refrain from jumping completely over the edge.

"I can walk on my own," she growled to Ryker, pressing her back against the elevator wall. "I've got cuffs on anyway, I can't do shit and it's not like I'm going to make a run for it. So just keep your hands to yourself and we'll get along fine." She was snippy and she knew it. Inside she was a live wire of bubbling nerves and a turning stomach. It was a breath of fresh air, literally, to be out of the dank underground, but that didn't mean she was so willing to be among groups of people. It had been weeks since she was last in the presence of more than two persons; even the elevator ride was feeling stuffy.

Pretty Boy was handsome, which had put Jude on her offense the second she realized they were saddled up together for this indefinite mission they were on. Handsome guys were always assholes, and that was because they knew they were attractive. They took advantage of the power, and they used it against people. Pretty Boy didn't seem to be any different. He seemed to be sufficient on his own, so why the hell had she been saddled up with him? The purpose of her own self, aside from a supposed set of skills according to Councilman F'ar, she still didn't understand. Part of her imagined it as a partner-partner scenario, but that would imply that both parties had equal rights. Her brain wandered to having seen this display before, on the streets of Sancus. A few of her buddies had been busted by a duo like their own, one being a Citadel work-monkey and the other being someone with skills akin to their own brand of criminal.

As soon as she remembered that, the blood drained from her face. Oh shit, had that been the papers she had signed before? Had she signed up for something she wouldn't be able to handle? Jude continued to worry, and facing away from Ryker her face screwed up and tightened. She bit her lip as the elevator doors finally slid open and the two walked out. Jude trailed only a step behind Ryker, with no serious intent of running away and doing her best to project this through a neutral expression and an in-pace step. Hopefully he would explain this whole stupid situation later.

Her gaze swept the wide docking bay, its view overlooking Sancus. She could see some of the ground-level from here, and her heart yearned to be down there and to see her family. Fighting back the tears, she looked up and surveyed the dust of rain falling. She saw the sky and it almost made her eyes cry, because she was so happy to be seeing anything but blank walls and ugly faces. "Oh, wow..." She moaned out loud, the swelling in her heart growing as she began to fully entertain the idea that she wasn't going to be trapped in a cage anymore. Despite the less than savory circumstances, she was about two steps freer than she had been a day ago. It was unfathomable, but god was she happy. She could hardly care that Ryker was there.

Another urge to be alone filled her as Ryker led them to the docking of a ship. Her eyes raked over the sleek surface, idly floating against the dock. It was a good size, and bigger than most ships that Jude had seen.

Some bureaucrat looking dick-head was waiting by the bay to what she assumed was Ryker's ship, holding a black box. She pursed her lips, half-listening to whatever the dolt was saying. All she wanted to do was shower and put some clothes on that wasn't a prison jumper two sizes two big for her petite frame.

Rather than talk directly to Ryker, and over her head like usual, the man looked straight at Jude. She barely recognized that she was being talked to, and had to blink once to understand. "What?"

"I said, I have your belongings here from before your incarceration. Your clothes and your personal things have been returned, but your weapons were permanently confiscated. Your Enforcer will issue you any weapons from here on out. Your Uni-tool is in there as well...no creds revoked." He almost looked upset by that statement, making Jude laugh out loud.

"Good, it's my property, thank you very much. Kindly fuck off now," she said through a bright, cheery smile. Probably looking deluded through a mass of messy dark hair and smudged makeup, the man made his getaway quickly while sneering in her direction. She was saddled with the box and closed her eyes, breathing deeply. God, it'd be good to have her stuff back... and her creds. She could let Cam and the others know she was okay... that she was almost out. Hopefully.

She looked to Ryker, giving her signature pout and bemused glare. "I need to shower, and change out of this before we do anything." She wasn't going to ask permission, and she didn't do well with playing nice to strangers or people in higher positions than her. She'd already been degraded into near submission while in Super, so she didn't want Ryker to feel like he had any hold over her-- aside from a literal one of this position in this mission. She felt uncomfortable conversing with this man, and so badly wanted it all to be over. It'd be hard for her to be any kind of workable, at least until they got to know each other better. "Maybe a drink of something strong."

She looked back over at the ship through the windows. "Is this your ship? What'd you name it anyway, 'I kiss the Council's Ass?'" She smirked, adjusting the weight of the box in her arms. [/div][/div][/div]

Last edited:
[div class=Container]
[div class=Mainpic]
[/div]

|[div class=title]Location[/div] USS Valor -Docked|Sancus[/div]

"I can walk on my own," His left brow rose a little higher than his right as he lifted his hand away. "I've got cuffs on anyway, I can't do shit and it's not like I'm going to make a run for it. So just keep your hands to yourself and we'll get along fine." That was probably the most she had ever said to him so far. The corner of his mouth curled into a barely there smile, "As you wish, Sunshine." She faced away from him and he let his gaze linger over her. That jumpsuit did nothing to flatter her image and he found himself wondering just what was hiding under all that industrial linen. Azure orbs flickered back up as the doors open and he strode out, keeping one hand near his gun while he other held the files secure.

Sequin-silver stars like the scattered embers of a dying fire winked down at them, illuminating the atramentous curtain of sky sprinkled with droplets of water. It was such a fine misting that he almost didn't even realize it was raining. His gaze narrowed just at bit at the man who stood by his ship, done up in the usual government suit. It was a bit much for him, having preferred to move around in something less constricting than a full body armor set, so he only wore half the uniform. Well...just one part, the jacket with the insignia of the Galactic Federation on the right side. It was enough for people to know what he did for a living. He had never been into the whole flashy 'cop guise' anyway. Too many buckles. Besides, armor was only good for a fight and his targets usually never knew he was there. He clicked his tongue, gaze shifting over the suit before striding towards the bay doors. He vaguely heard the girl's voice and the suit's more than irritated reply as he pressed his hand to the sensor. Blue lights ran over his hand print before the whole thing clicked green and the exterior door flew open.

"I need to shower, and change out of this before we do anything." He made a gruff noise, something like a reply as he waved his hand in minor acknowledgement. He heard her boots pound against the dock alongside his, echoing in the port as they made their way closer to his ship. "Maybe a drink of something strong."

"Strongest thing I have to drink is Coca-Cola." He ignored whatever look she might have given him, not really bothering or caring to explain his lack of alcohol on board his own ship. Most enforcers loved to drink, lived off the booze, but that just...wasn't his style. Ryker was a lot of things, but he wasn't an alcoholic and he didn't fit the Enforcer stereotype.

"Is this your ship? What'd you name it anyway, 'I kiss the Council's Ass?'"

Blue aster irises flickered over his shoulder, there was a slight hitch in his mouth as he let out a low chuckle. "Wish I thought of that, probably would have pissed them off more."
He shrugged, turning his attention back to his ship. There was a bit of pride that twinkled in his gaze, before it dissipated. He stepped up to the doors, waiting patiently as the scanner flew over his face quickly.

"Scanning...X-09-RYKE...Access. Granted. Welcome aboard, Ryker."
Shimmering metal doors slid open, the interior entrance hall lighting up as he strode inside. "Thanks, love."

The ship opened up after the initial decontamination zone, revealing a wider area with a living room kitchen combo and a center console that had holo maps set on rotate. There was another hall off to the side and he pointed to it as he made his way towards the couch. "Bathroom's over there. You can use the room across from it." He didn't mention that there was only one room on this ship, nor did he look at her as he started opening files. "Behind me is the cockpit, and over towards the back is the ladder down to the cargo hold." He gave her a quick tour from his seated position, starting to scan over the papers in his lap as if they were the most boring things he had seen all day. He slipped a hand in his pocket, not looking at her as he hit the button. Her cuffs clattered to the floor and he returned back to the file he was trying to go over.

"Make yourself comfortable. We have about an hour before we head out."

He didn't say anything after that, figuring that she'd have to be stupid to try and escape but even so he kept his pistol within reach. Just in case.

☬ ☬ ☬​

After a while, all the words had begun to blur and his head felt as if it were going to crack in two. He leaned back against the couch, rubbing at his eyes as he attempted to will them to focus. He should have grabbed his glasses, but he had been so focused on trying to figure out what it was that he was looking for that it hadn't crossed his mind. He was regretting it now, but he'd live. There still weren't enough answers and these files felt oddly light for the seeming importance of this mission. He cringed a bit, starting to feel like there was a lot more to this than just a simple theft. Especially when all you were told was about as useful as being told to find a specific peanut in a barrel of peanuts. His body slid down the couch, a couple of the papers falling to the floor as he let out a groan.

He liked jobs that were easy. Straight forward. No complications.

His gaze drifted to the file open on his right, the picture of the prisoner -of Jude- glared up at him with about as much malice as he had witnessed in real life.
She was prettier in her mugshot.

A huff left him as he threw an arm over his eyes, this wasn't going to be easy and it wasn't going to be a job he enjoyed.
[/div][/div][/div]
[/div] [class=Container] min-width:200px; max-width:700px; height:auto; display:flex; flex-wrap:wrap; padding:0.3em; padding-bottom:0.8em; align-items:center; justify-content:space-evenly; margin:auto;center; --color1:#CCCCCC; --color2:#063d60; --color3:#042140; --color4:#010025; --color5:#222222; background:var(--color4); [/class] [class=Mainpic] width:250px; height:250px; border-radius:50%; background:url('https://i.pinimg.com/originals/54/2e/c1/542ec1eedeb624c878a09c7dc939df0f.gif'); background-size:125%; background-position:0em 0em; filter:grayscale(0); [/class] [class=infobanner] width:250px; height:150px; color:var(--color1); font-family: Montserrat; font-size:0.8em; padding-top:1em; padding-bottom:1em; border-bottom:3px solid var(--color2); [/class] [class=title] font-family: Major Mono Display; font-size:1em; color:var(--color1); display:inline-block; [/class] [class=textWrap] min-width:200px; max-width:680px; height:40vh; overflow:hidden; padding:0.3em; box-shadow:3px 3px 0px var(--color2); [/class] [class=scrollWrap] width:105%; height:40vh; overflow:scroll; [/class] [class=textBox] width:95%; font-family: Montserrat; font-size:0.8em; color:var(--color1); text-align:justify; [/class]

[div class=Container]
[div class=Mainpic]
[/div]

|[div class=title]Mood[/div] trying her best | constantly annoyed
|[div class=title]Location[/div] USS Valor- Docked | Sancus
[/div]

[div class=textWrap][div class=scrollWrap][div class=textBox]"Wish I thought of that, probably would have pissed them off more." In that moment, that breath of air and that space of a second, they had really gotten along. Maybe Jude was looking too hard into appreciating not being on her toes all the time, or maybe she was crazier than she thought after Super, but it had been a brief second of relief. Muscles had relaxed, her gaze had softened and she had snorted a laugh back. But just as quickly, as his features sunk back into their prior state, everything was back to how it was. Jude chewed on the inside of her cheek as she followed him onto the ship.

It was small, but it was comfy. Jude had to commend him for that, and it was having a nice ass ship. A buddy of hers had had a ship smaller than this that he used for surface level transport, but it was dingy and second-hand. This was a thing of beauty, and a snapshot into whatever it was that went on in Ryker's mind.

"Bathroom's over there. You can use the room across from it. Behind me is the cockpit, and over towards the back is the ladder down to the cargo hold." She shifted uncomfortably, nodding along to Ryker. She kept looking around, as she always did, like she was searching for something to attack her. She dropped the box carefully, and awkwardly, and looked miserably at the cuffs still attached to her. Ryker seemed to get the message, without even looking at her as she began to look at all the folders and files he had been given, and her cuffs popped off.

"Make yourself comfortable. We have about an hour before we head out. " She didn't know how to feel because he was regarding her as if she was thin air, again, but he was being amicable. Or at least neutral, at that. Jude nodded again, it wasn't like he would care if she replied, and grabbed her box and cuffs. She gave a look over her shoulder before she left, perhaps trying to find some words to say... a thanks? Anything? She opened her mouth, but then shut it just as fast and made her way to the rooms he had mentioned.

Jude heard her feet pad along the floor, her face screwing up in a usual flurry of thoughts. She found the bathroom that he had mentioned and dropped her stuff in the room across, barely giving it a second glance as she quickly locked herself in the bathroom. She stared into the mirror over the sink and felt her stomach drop. She hadn't seen herself in months, not since she had originally got caught and booked. It was no wonder everyone was so off-put by her, she literally looked like a denizen from hell. Jude sighed audibly, leaning forward to poke and prod at the mess that was her face. She was skinnier than before, but thank god she just looked thinner from the flurry of hair and caked on makeup around her eyes. A few old bruises were dying on her skin, left over reminders from her fight before Super.

In looking at herself, and transfixed with her own wide eyes and the terror and vulnerability that they suddenly exuded, she let the tears she had been hiding away finally slip.

In the tears, she laughed. The first one was loud, and she slapped a hand to her mouth in shock. She bit her lips inward, and then laughed again. She was... free. Maybe not entirely the same person she was before, but she was out of the hellhole and into the fire. At lease she could feel the burn.

Jude closed her eyes and relished in the silence surrounding her. She wiped her tears away and quickly threw off the prison clothes she'd be sure to burn. She let the scalding heat of the shower permeate her skin and steam the filth, trauma and terror from her flesh. She scrubbed till she was raw, delighting in the feeling of anything but scratchy fabric and cold stone floors. Her work was quick, and after sufficiently separating every layer of skin, she stepped out and dried herself off with a towel. She shook out her hair, scrubbing the water out of it and then wrapping the towel around her.

Exiting the bathroom, she made haste to the bedroom she had been delegated. When she entered, Jude was certain that this wasn't a spare room. The bits of life on the wall told her this, as well as that this room was definitely Ryker's. She felt a sudden mouse of intrusion burrow in her stomach, bleeding worry and a sense of invading this man's space. Just as pissed as she was that she was suited up with him, he was probably upset that she was with him as well. It made her angry, mostly from frustration, and she tried to dispel this as she got changed.

Her old clothes were sleek and black, the woman preferring darker colors and efficient clothing over anything that some of the people she saw around Sancus wore. She had a black, zippered sweater and matching boots and pants. Her only kind of defense, at the moment, were gloves that were thick and black as well. She slapped her uni-tool on her wrist and wandered over to the wall, brushing her hair out with her fingers. Her gaze slide from posters to framed plaques. Ryker E. Coleman. Galactic Federation Military.

One photo took her attention, that of a younger Ryker standing next to Councilman Asshat and a woman who she assumed was a secretary (but could have very well been Ryker's mother). Her usually hardened look of focus softened when she saw how happy and proud the young man had been, as well as the woman next to him. His father looked less than pleased, and had probably just wanted to get out of the photo as soon as he could. Jude frowned, lightly tracing a finger over the glass. She didn't want to break the photo or slam it on the ground, but she wondered where and when Ryker went from the boy in the picture to the man he was now.

It didn't matter, he was still an asshole... but at least he had given her his room; as guilty as it made her feel.

Jude left the room and strode out, comfortable more in her own clothes than she had been in that awful prison garb. She'd cleaned up after herself, including herself with some makeup, and stuck most things in the box, for now. Even though prison had made a monster out of her, she wasn't a heathen.

The dark haired woman stared, an eyebrow lifting as she watched Ryker huff and throw his arm over his face. A true, lamenting display. She leaned against the wall and crossed her arms.

"So what's the deal with all of this? They haven't told me anything, and I figure I won't get told shit anyway: so I'm asking." She was awkward, but confident in her aggressive display. Jude didn't really know how to... be tactful. She was her own brand of intimidating, when it came to talking to people, and she didn't really know how to be sweet to anyone but her family. Cam got most of her affection. "Also, if we're working together, I should get told things. Just saying, future reference. I'm not some complacent bimbo barbie you Enforcers are probably used to. Crim or not, we're working together. Or we're trying to, at least." She sighed, pushing off the wall and placing her hands on her hips as she glared down at him from his couch.

The mouse of guilt burrowed into her stomach again, and she swallowed, faltering. "Also... the room. I know it's yours, you didn't have to...Uhm, thank you," she cleared her throat, biting her lip again in thought. "Anyway, we'll figure something out so you don't have to be sleeping on the couch for months...I spent months in prison and I wouldn't wish the absence of a bed on anyone."

A kindness for a kindness. Jude was mean and Jude was bitchy, but she had a heart...usually. [/div][/div][/div]

Last edited:
[div class=Container]
[div class=Mainpic]
[/div]

|[div class=title]Mood[/div] always amused| puzzled
|[div class=title]Location[/div] USS Valor -Docked|Nilus (Nightclub)[/div]

"So what's the deal with all of this? They haven't told me anything, and I figure I won't get told shit anyway: so I'm asking."

His muscles tensed up and for a second he sat there frozen. He had forgotten about the girl. His arm fell away, ocean blue orbs centering on her as she leaned against the wall trying for all the world to be intimidating. She reminded him of a planka, an adorable little rodent found in the thick forests of Lotare. A lot of wealthy people kept them as pets for their aesthetic value, but most found out quickly that they had a vicious temper and would squeak until your ears bled. Besides that though, they were rather charming creatures. The corner of his mouth twitched upward, taking time in the pause between her words to properly look her over. Short, cute, stand-offish, a planka indeed.

"Well, sweetheart, I'm going to be your babysitter for the next couple weeks. Or however long this assignment takes," he silently prayed it wouldn't be longer than a month, "until then, the Government owns your ass. You finish the assignment, you get however much time snipped off your sentence, and if your good they'll clear you of all charges." He didn't mention the part about him having to send in evaluations based on her performance. This wasn't the first time Project Cain had sattled him with some crook who supposedly had skills he didn't. Which was bullshit a good ninety percent of the time.

"Also, if we're working together, I should get told things. Just saying, future reference. I'm not some complacent bimbo barbie you Enforcers are probably used to. Crim or not, we're working together. Or we're trying to, at least."

Ryker watched her move away from the wall, draping an arm over the back of the couch as his head tilted up slightly to meet her gaze. Something sparkled in the depths of those dark azure eyes, quiet for a second as he thought about her words. His lips stretched into a smug little smile, flinging her file down on the center console. He was aware that she could see her picture, her criminal record, but it was all stuff she already knew and she'd have to have been stupid to think that he wouldn't have gotten her file from someone. But in this way, at least he was open about the type of dirt he had on her. There was nothing he had up his sleeves, no reason for her to distrust him other than for the fact that there were conditioned to the opposite sides of the law.

"Alright, June-bug, you've got a fair point." He stood from the couch, moving around her to head over to the small fridge in the little kitchen area. He pulled out a ruby red can, popping the top before taking a sip. "And while I am increasingly disappointed that you don't seem to be a barbie or a bimbo, even, I guess I'll just have to live with the agony of not having some dumb bitch around to order about. Woe is me." He snorted, voice thick with sarcasm and laced with a theatrical tenor that would have put any of the vid stars to shame. Ryker took another sip of his soda, gesturing to the files he had left in organized chaos.

"Unfortunately, what we do know is ninety percent skagshit and the rest...has promise. An Ambassador, who I'm not classified to know the name of, had something stolen from him, the contents of which I'm apparently not classified to know. But whatever it is has to do with something the Council has been working on which, again, I am not classified to know about. It's a whole lot of fucking red tape, but what I do know is that there's an information broker here from off-world visiting that Nitus club down on the ground level. I've never been there, but your....extensive resume would suggest you could show me around. I only know that the broker is Narohan which...means we've got our job cut out for us."

He guzzled down the rest of his soda and sat the container on the counter, swinging his gaze towards her as she began speaking again. "Also... the room. I know it's yours, you didn't have to...Uhm, thank you," Ryker lifted a brow, humming as his gaze caught the way she bit her lip. "Anyway, we'll figure something out so you don't have to be sleeping on the couch for months...I spent months in prison and I wouldn't wish the absence of a bed on anyone." He was silent, a bit shocked at the unexpected thanks, but also amused that she seemed to be struggling so much with a simple thanks. He had done it because it was the right thing to do, it didn't matter who the charge was. She was under his protection, his care, and he also knew what it felt like to be in those cells. Having a real bed was something he felt like even the worst person deserved for a couple nights.

"Let's just hope this is an open and shut case."

Ryker moved over to the couch again, grabbing his gun from under the piles of papers. He checked the chamber, flipped the safety, and swung it into it's holster as if it were as easy as breathing. "And for what it's worth, you're welcome. Just try not to mess it up too bad." There was a flash of a genuine smile before he turned towards the door.

"Let's go, June-bug, time's wastin' and I'm not getting any younger."

☬ ☬ ☬​

The lights pulsated with the deafening base, everything was glowing and throbbing and he thought that his senses might overload before they even found their mark. He wove through the crowd of bodies, making his way to the illuminated bar. It was probably the brightest part about this whole place despite the lasers and the thrumming beat. He tried to keep the snarl off his face, but it was becoming increasingly difficult with this headache he was sporting. Even so he retained the air of nonchalance, leaning over and taking Jude's hand in his own he placed a small earpiece in the center of her palm and closed her fingers around it. Ryker leaned in, breath brushing against the shell of hear ear, "Put that in. We're going to split up and look around." From the outside it might have looked as if he were whispering something sweet in her ear. An arm wrapped around her waist before she could go, holding her tight to him and the smile on his lips bordered on something dangerous, "Oh and June-bug, don't try anything smart." He winked and released her as if nothing had ever happened before walking into the crowd.

His head spun in the myriad of dancers, the smell of sex and cigarettes was suffocating but it was a scent that he oddly enjoyed. If he didn't think about it too much at least. Ryker looped around to the other end of the bar, leaning against the counter with a slight frown. He wished there was a higher vantage point, ground work was never his forte.

"--buy you a drink?"

His gaze shifted to his left, taking note of the Ithshae woman in a low cut dress that left very little to the imagination. That tiny black dress gave his eyes a feast and the way the lights flared off the blue tones to her flesh only made her seem all the more exotic. Ryker's lips curled into a smirk, not even having the chance to answer before she started waving the bartender down.

"Haven't seen you around before. You new?"
"You could say that."
"Mmm, mysterious. I like that."

Her hand traveled up the length of his arm, her intentions quite clear as she fucked him with her eyes. His throat was dry and shit if he wasn't working, he might have taken her up on whatever it was that she was offering. But he had to find a---
His thoughts derailed as her hand slid boldly south. He jumped, having not expected the contact, his eyes wide as she giggled before taking a provocative sip of her drink.

"But the best mysteries are always the ones that can be solved."

[/div][/div][/div]
[/div] [class=Container] min-width:200px; max-width:700px; height:auto; display:flex; flex-wrap:wrap; padding:0.3em; padding-bottom:0.8em; align-items:center; justify-content:space-evenly; margin:auto;center; --color1:#CCCCCC; --color2:#063d60; --color3:#042140; --color4:#010025; --color5:#222222; background:var(--color4); [/class] [class=Mainpic] width:250px; height:250px; border-radius:50%; background:url('https://i.pinimg.com/564x/52/62/46/526246b2cb1a90c6147cd16dfdab6586.jpg'); background-size:100%; background-position:0em 0em; filter:grayscale(0); [/class] [class=infobanner] width:250px; height:150px; color:var(--color1); font-family: Montserrat; font-size:0.8em; padding-top:1em; padding-bottom:1em; border-bottom:3px solid var(--color2); [/class] [class=title] font-family: Major Mono Display; font-size:1em; color:var(--color1); display:inline-block; [/class] [class=textWrap] min-width:200px; max-width:680px; height:40vh; overflow:hidden; padding:0.3em; box-shadow:3px 3px 0px var(--color2); [/class] [class=scrollWrap] width:105%; height:40vh; overflow:scroll; [/class] [class=textBox] width:95%; font-family: Montserrat; font-size:0.8em; color:var(--color1); text-align:justify; [/class]

[div class=Container]
[div class=Mainpic]
[/div]

|[div class=title]Mood[/div] investigatin' hard | constantly annoyed
|[div class=title]Location[/div] Nilus Nightclub | Sancus
[/div]

[div class=textWrap][div class=scrollWrap][div class=textBox]She had no weapons, and she was annoyed.

They were already within Nilus, an old hot spot for Jude, and she was feeling naked without anything to defend herself with. In terms of offense, she had little. The closest thing to fighting was the mod she had attached to her uni-tool, an old trick of hers that she created one stormy night. It latched onto the nervous system and took a portion of what was conducted there to be circumvented into a power system. This, then, let the user put up defensive shields made of photons within the tiny mod, or to release the photons like shock charges. It was by no means advanced, but it was far from rudimentary. Yet, it was all she had, and she was pissed.

Nilus was a place that Jude remembered well, and had been visible on her face when Ryker had mentioned it back on his ship. A few deals had gone down in Nilus, and a few pieces of information extracted from the ever-traveling information broker that Ryker had talked about. She hadn't said anything about knowing this broker, and their fronts they used to keep their identity hidden, but she did. Quite intimately, one of the particular fronts being where Jude and her team had found a small cache of drug-dealers that they then hustled for a portion of the cash under a guise of protection. It was an event that felt like a lifetime ago, but all of a sudden came back to her when the true strode into the club.

They pushed through the throngs of people and grinding, Jude finding herself reminiscent of her times there. Back when the good things were good, and being bad was even better than good.

Now she was a government puppet, and no better than a glorified nark. God, she hated it.

"Put that in. We're going to split up and look around." She had hardly heard Ryker and jumped a little when his hand touched hers. She was electrified at the contact, but kept her face in a glower. She nodded, slipping the ear piece in and giving another gaze around the room. He was close to her, closer than he had ever been and it made her palms sweat. Ryker then slid his around her waist, making her jump once again, and pulled her close. Jude was glad that the club was mostly dark, and lit with neon colors. She hated to admit it, but the handsome ass-hole looked even more handsome with the flashing neon lights. They danced across his eyes, even more so with the mischief that glowed within. Jude frowned, visibly uncomfortable with this display of intimacy. She was frozen however, and could only glare up into his smirk.

"Oh and June-bug, don't try anything smart," he said. Jude didn't flinch at this closeness, now feeling offended that he would assume she'd pull anything stupid. She wasn't a fucking idiot, and she knew how to be serious when the time called for it; unlike this guy.

"Wouldn't dream of it," she growled, pushing him away as he released her. She clenched her fists to her side as she watched him head around toward the bar, shaking her head and grumbling to herself. "Asshole."

Just as she had turned to go and do investigating, she bumped into a tall, lean female. The tyfing turned around quickly, a smile on her face as for the briefest of moments she entertained grinding up and dancing with whoever had run into her. The female, upon looking at Jude fully, dropped the smile quickly. "Oh, shit. No way, Judy?" The girl said, and Jude widened her eyes in recognition.

"Malia? Wow," Jude shouted, blinking quickly. The tfying grinned, her golden eyes glowing and a bit of yellow blossoming onto her face and horns. She leaned down and embraced the other female, squeezing her tightly.

Malia pulled back, sizing the girl up. "No shit. Thought they booked you, thought you were gone for good! Everyone was convinced you guys were Klangar food. How the hell are you here?" Jude pressed her lips together, determining what level of truth she could tell. Usually, Jude lied. She lied, and she lied well-- but Malia was a part of her extended family, their team. Rodrigo, the leader of their team's, and Malia had been married for years and Malia was like a surrogate older sister to Jude. Where Jude's mother was absent and sickly, and Jude had to lead her own family unit, Malia gave her the support and affection that every person needed. Jude thought of this as she smiled at Malia.

"Guess they got tired of me starting shit. It's some trial probation they've put for high cases. I appealed, and well, it went through. They really saw potential in me," Jude said with a casual shrug. Malia cocked her head and laughed.

"No shit, huh. Is Rodrigo with you?"

Jude froze, and then quickly regained her composure. "No, no he isn't... They didn't see any chance of him getting out and doing anything other than the stuff he does well, so they kept him back. I'm sorry Malia, but he sends his best and his love to you." Jude gave the woman another hug, and felt Malia stiff in her arms. Eventually, the tyfing relaxed and embraced her friend again. Jude pulled back, returning her mind to what was at hand. She'd have to be discrete in finding the broker. "Hey, Malia, I heard the Broker's around again. You know which front he sent here? It's important we talk. I'd tell you, but it's got to do with my probation. I'm under oath." Jude raised her right hand, miming a swear. Malia put her hands on her hips and looked around nodding.

"Lucky you caught me, I just happen to know... but my memory is lapsing, it might be the lights and the drugs I just did," Malia said as she put a hand on her forehead, slacking backward. Jude glared up at the taller woman, rolling her eyes.

"You kidding me Mals? I'm asking for a favour... God, fine." Jude lifted her wrist and pressed some keys on her uni-tool. She swiped in the direction of Malia, who raised her own uni-tool and grinned devilishly at the screen. She relaxed again, giggling. Jude's jaw clenched.

"He's got his Ithshae whore, Sahra, you remember her? She's lingering at the bar--"

"Thanks, great seeing you," she said through clenched teeth. Jude glowered at the woman before turning on her heel and disappearing into the crowd. She didn't see the raised eyebrow and less than satisfied grimace on Malia's face.

Jude stared holes into the backs of the dancers she passed by, hardly caring as she slammed shoulders and jabbed elbows. Pressing onto the ear-piece, she did her best to hope that was how it worked. "Ryker? You there? I know whe--"

The dark-haired woman stopped in her tracks, being jostled by a few people as she saw who she recalled as Sahra leaning into Ryker at the bar. The man leaned into her as well, and Jude's eyes followed the Ithshae's hand to Ryker's crotch. Immediately Jude's mind collapsed, both in embarrassment and in anger. She didn't want to think about Ryker having genitals, or getting down and dirty with anybody. Hell, she may have entertained the thought while he had held her close, but now it was completely gone. She was annoyed now, more than before. If he knew she was a Broker front, he would have told her. He should have told her. But here he was, trying to get frisky with their informant.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me," Jude growled. She slipped within the crowd and made her way to the other side of the Ithshae, shoving off whoever was sitting in the stool. Was Ryker really this type of flirtatious, ever-horny asshole? That made her visibly annoyed, and more so that he'd dare to extend his flirtations to her. Maybe she was a little hurt that they weren't legitimate, but she crossed out these feelings for being irrational and short-sighted.

Jude sighed, pressing some keys on her uni-tool and queuing up her ability. She called it a Concentrated Electro-neural Impulse Shock, or CEIS. Sticking her fist into the Ithshae's side, Jude leaned in close to the woman's ear. "You've got to the count of three to remove your hands from my partner, or I send a shock straight into your kidney. He's with me, and we're looking for the Broker." Jude pressed harder, letting the metal of her uni-tool press into the Ithshae's tight dress. The woman visibly tensed, her dark eyes narrowing and her head flicking over to Jude.

"Who says I know the Broker, honey? What you can do is back off, and go take your aggressive, bitchy ass somewhere else, mmkay? You get your hands off me, you're not paying." Sahra hissed, and Jude clenched her jaw again. She saw a flicker of recognition in the Ithshae's eyes, but the woman played it off with a smirk. Jude clenched her fist and pressed harder, eliciting a gasp from the woman as a miniature shock fired.

"Sahra, you remember me don't you? I don't play nice, and I don't think you're dumb enough to try and get me to. The Broker. Stop playing games, or we go harder and faster. Just how you like it," Jude snapped, not even bothering to look at Ryker over the Ithshae's shoulder. Sahra took a moment of silence, sizing up Jude and looking deep into her eyes. Ithshae were terrifying, with their black sclera and yellow pupils. Almost like wild animals, they were quite territorial with their sexual partners. Jude kept her resolve, although she was sweating. The dark of the club hid the flush across her cheek and the glistening on the back of her neck and on her forehead.

"Yes, I do," Sahra flicked her ears, removing her hand from Ryker and crossing her arms. Jude kept her fist against the woman's side, unmoving. "And fine, fine. I'll take you and your cute boyfriend to the Broker. But please, let me have a piece of him when you're done? He's very handsome," Sahra purred and Jude rolled her eyes.

"Take as much as you want, he's just as much of a whore as you and he's not mine anyway," Jude continued to avoid Ryker's eye. She was pissed that he was floundering around and pissed that she had to be the one to get shit done. Maybe he had his own away about it, but she was pissed that it wasn't her own way. He was just annoying, anyway, so it did little to improve his rapport.

Sahra snorted and looked over at Ryker, amusement flashing across her face. "Alright, come with me." [/div][/div][/div]

Last edited:
[div class=Container]
[div class=Mainpic]
[/div]

|[div class=title]Mood[/div] always amused|angey
|[div class=title]Location[/div] Nilus (Nightclub)[/div]

His throat felt dryer than the sandy dunes of Soles at noon. Those sunflower yellow irises stared at him through a half-lidded gaze that he was far too familiar with. It wasn't hard to tell from the glazed edge that she was on something, some sort of drug that she no doubt tried to slip into his drink when she thought he wasn't paying attention. The joke really was on her though, because he didn't drink anything with an alcohol content. On the outside her actions might have seemed consensual, but the clenched jaw and rigid backbone offered a slightly different story. Ryker was far from a prude, but there were clear lines and one of them was harassment. If he had come here looking for a hookup then maybe he might have been more willing, sex was sex and it really didn't matter who it came from at this point. But, tonight wasn't one of those nights and he wasn't looking to warm someone's bed other than his own...well, his couch. His lips parted, a breath away from telling her to buzz off when a voice chimed in his ear.

"Ryker? You there? I know whe--"
She stopped suddenly, the sentence cutting off painfully quick. Something akin to worry rustled in the back of his mind, head lifting higher trying to look for his new charge in the crowd without seeming too suspicious. It wasn't so easy when he had an Ithsae forwardly caressing him through the thick material of his jeans. It was only by some miracle that he wasn't responding to the alien and maybe that had to do with the fact that he had spent the prior five minutes fixated on thoughts of the case ---anything practical that kept him from reliving how right it had felt to pull Jude against him.

"Listen, I'm flattered but I'm---" The person on the other-side of the alien woman was thrown off their stool rather roughly, clearing his throat in an attempt to hide his amusement as Jude slid onto the leather stool, "not on the market tonight." He looked between her and his crotch, hoping that she would just remove her hand on her own before he had to break it.

"You've got to the count of three to remove your hands from my partner, or I send a shock straight into your kidney. He's with me, and we're looking for the Broker."

His brow quirked, a slow smirk dragging at the edges of his lips, with his gaze fixated on the owner of the voice. Jude had the eyes of dove feathers, not the albino kind, but the ones with a hue so softly grey that they could have been pencil drawn with just a touch of blue that made them seem akin to watercolor. They had that look of birds flying on sunlit days, the shine and quick movement, but there was also an edge there that promised violence, and darkness, and all the deadly things he should not have been attracted to.
"Who says I know the Broker, honey? What you can do is back off, and go take your aggressive, bitchy ass somewhere else, mmkay? You get your hands off me, you're not paying."
"And you're not payin' me sweetheart so how about you do the same." There was less humor in his tone as he leaned back against the bar in an attempt to subtly pull his hips away from her hand. Despite the irritation, he was finding himself more and more amused at this whole debacle. His dark blue eyes followed the path of Jude's arm to the uni-tool that was rammed against the other female's side. That was a neat trick. He briefly wondered what she had done to it to get the other girl to freeze up so much.

"Sahra, you remember me don't you? I don't play nice, and I don't think you're dumb enough to try and get me to. The Broker. Stop playing games, or we go harder and faster. Just how you like it," Ryker whistled, a low sound that faded into the music about as soon as it left his lips. The Ithsae, Sahra, moved her attention back to him for a moment. His lips pulled into an overly exaggerated frown, gesturing to his dick and making some sort of motion for her to stop touching him. He didn't like people having him by the balls ---metaphorically--- this was one of the rare cases where he very much minded where her hands roamed.
"Yes, I do," Her hand disappeared and he shot her an appreciative smirk, glancing between the two as his brain filled in the subliminal information. "And fine, fine. I'll take you and your cute boyfriend to the Broker. But please, let me have a piece of him when you're done? He's very handsome," Sahra was all but drooling and while he might have felt a bit of pride in himself for being able to make her swoon so hard, he was also more than aware of how possessive her race was with possible sexual partners. That was a little fun fact that he had found out the hard way.

"Not her boyfriend--"
"Take as much as you want, he's just as much of a whore as you and he's not mine anyway."

Ryker blinked, mouth snapping shut. There was a momentary flare of anger in his features that flickered in and out so fast it could have been passed off as a trick of the lights. Ryker's shoulders lifted in a shrug as he slid off his stool, smiling as if nothing in the world bothered him. "I'm only a whore on Sundays, darling. Every other day of the week is when I'm a slut. Try not to get it mixed up."

"Alright, come with me." He smiled at the girl who had just been touching him in a way that he hadn't asked for or wanted and it made his skin crawl. His hands slipped into the pockets of his jacket, beginning to follow as she turned to lead them through the club. As soon as Sahra's back was turned, the charming exterior he had put up crumbled away like brittle glass. His once sunny disposition shifted into something that rivaled the darkest corners and lurking shadows. His lips curled and his nostrils flared, allowing himself to seethe before he'd have to smile when all he really wanted to do was imagine blowing that Ithsae's head clean off her shoulders. He trailed behind both women, moving his attention to his charge, wondering just who the system had paired him with. He knew, obviously because he read her file, but he didn't know. Some weird part of him wanted to know. Sahra led them up a flight of stairs towards the VIP lounge and it was there that he inevitably found his gaze resting on the way Jude's hips swayed. She had a nice ass, nicer than most at least.

"Wait here, I'll go see if he's willing to talk."

Ryker's attention snapped to Sahra as if he hadn't been looking at anything at all, the charming smile flickering back onto his face like a well worn mask. "He?" There was a bit of confusion that coated his features as he thought back to the description in the file. He knew the broker was illusive, it was how the federation was never able to catch her, but it had always been public assumption that the broker was a woman. He crossed his arms, glancing down at Jude who didn't seem to want to look at him. "If I didn't know better, I'd say someone was jealous." He saw the snarl formulate on her lips before she even said anything and a grin fashioned itself to his lips. He wasn't completely sure why he was baiting her, but by the gods was it fun. "I had that handled, June-bug, though I do really appreciate the hostility. It warms the heart to know my dick will be safe from all harm." Ryker glanced around the entrance to the VIP lounge noticing a couple of younger terran girls giggling almost as soon as he looked over. He flashed a smile, amused with their fawning and using the attention to fuel his slightly damaged ego. They looked barely old enough to even be in this club, so when one of the girls waved him over he promptly ignored the request. He was a flirt, he could be a whore, but he had distinct lines that he did not cross.

Sahra resurfaced, poking her head out of the thick curtains that cut off the regular people from those who payed a lot of money for the more private area. He, personally, always found it to be a waste of creds. "The broker will see you now."
Ryker smiled as he walked forward, parting his lips to thank her when she slapped his ass on her way past them. A noise ripped out of him before he could stop it, something that was a cross between a growl and a surprised gasp. Dark blue eyes glared at her from over his shoulder, "I'm going to cut her fuckin' hands off if she touches me again." The threat was all but swallowed up by the music and he made his way into the lounge without another glance back. He just hoped she found someone else to hump while they were talking to the broker. His patience and his capacity was wearing far too thin for his liking.
[/div][/div][/div]
[/div] [class=Container] min-width:200px; max-width:700px; height:auto; display:flex; flex-wrap:wrap; padding:0.3em; padding-bottom:0.8em; align-items:center; justify-content:space-evenly; margin:auto;center; --color1:#CCCCCC; --color2:#063d60; --color3:#042140; --color4:#010025; --color5:#222222; background:var(--color4); [/class] [class=Mainpic] width:250px; height:250px; border-radius:50%; background:url('https://i.pinimg.com/564x/1a/91/e1/1a91e1381e7a8666fc0d2c037af17cb7.jpg'); background-size:100%; background-position:0em 0em; filter:grayscale(0); [/class] [class=infobanner] width:250px; height:150px; color:var(--color1); font-family: Montserrat; font-size:0.8em; padding-top:1em; padding-bottom:1em; border-bottom:3px solid var(--color2); [/class] [class=title] font-family: Major Mono Display; font-size:1em; color:var(--color1); display:inline-block; [/class] [class=textWrap] min-width:200px; max-width:680px; height:40vh; overflow:hidden; padding:0.3em; box-shadow:3px 3px 0px var(--color2); [/class] [class=scrollWrap] width:105%; height:40vh; overflow:scroll; [/class] [class=textBox] width:95%; font-family: Montserrat; font-size:0.8em; color:var(--color1); text-align:justify; [/class]

[div class=Container]
[div class=Mainpic]
[/div]

|[div class=title]Mood[/div] investigatin' hard | constantly annoyed
|[div class=title]Location[/div] Nilus Nightclub | Sancus
[/div]

[div class=textWrap][div class=scrollWrap][div class=textBox]"He?" Ryker asked, and Jude sighed as she crossed her arms impatiently. They were waiting outside the VIP room that housed the Broker, given that Sahra hadn't just led them somewhere else out of spite. She knew Jude's aggressiveness well, though, and probably wouldn't risk double crossing her so openly. Jude was not so easily short-sighted.

"Yes, He. I don't know where you got your info, but I've dealt with this guy before. Not a she. Anyway, this one's a real asshat, so keep your mouth shut," Jude snapped. She was still annoyed at Ryker's behavior, and made sure he could see it. She faced away and tapped her foot, staring deeply into the curtains ahead of them.

"If I didn't know better, I'd say someone was jealous." Jude snarled at his words, still avoiding eye contact. She might have punched him, if she got the chance to look at his smirk and stupid handsome face. The more flirty he tried to be, the angrier she got at him. It was a frustrating display, akin to a wild bird strutting their colorful tail to attract a mate. Jude wasn't stupid, and she wasn't going to fall for the casual tricks of a routine player. She was not a commodity. "I had that handled, June-bug, though I do really appreciate the hostility. It warms the heart to know my dick will be safe from all harm."

"Yeah, you had it handled? I think Sahra was handling you a bit more, and had you been handling it any better, you'd be closer to that Ithsae's bedroom than the Broker's lounge. But whatever, you do you Pretty Boy." Jude crossed her arms tighter, pouting out her lip in passive anger. She just wanted to get this meeting with the Broker over so they'd be one step closer to the end goal. And then, one step closer to the fresh air of freedom being closer than it had been before.

Finally, Sahra came out and gestured for the two to enter. After leaving she gave Ryker a loud smack on the ass, sending a wave of anger rolling through Jude. She whipped her head around at the same time as Ryker, her fist clenching as she glared daggers at the whore's trailing figure. "I'm going to cut her fuckin' hands off if she touches me again." She watched him head in first, clearly upset by that display, which made Jude's head spin a little. Had he truly, truly been that upset by Sahra's advancements? Did he care more about their mission than his lofty behavior hinted, or was he just not interested in fucking the dirtiest thing in Nilus? She shook her head, pushing the thoughts away and rushing right after Ryker.

Jude's last experience with the Broker had been less than satisfying. If she remembered correctly, this Broker was a fairly uncouth Klangar, preferring to intimidate and play mind games than do his real job: broker information. Ryker had mentioned saying that the Broker was Narohan, but she hadn't bothered correcting him. She was probably Narohan somewhere else; wherever the Council had collected their information. She hoped, at this, that they had at least let the kid know what he was up for. Not wanting to be the one to deal with the money, she hoped that Ryker had some Federation funds that would pay for their intel. Either that, or it would a messy altercation. It had been almost something like that last time, and the information that the Broker had given them was followed by the gang's eventual capturing. She figured that the Broker must have leaked their intentions to whoever had paid more to find out, and she was determined to leave there with that information as well. She didn't tell this to Ryker.

She put a hand out to stop Ryker from speeding entirely in, her hand resting lightly on his. She took a few steps forward and cleared her throat, standing tall and placing one hand on her hip. The Broker was lounging on his couch, a cloud of smoke covering his head. Flashing lights from behind illuminated the Broker and intensified the mystique of the smoke. You couldn't see exactly what race he was, but she knew. She'd seen him before, glaring down at her with massive, bulking muscles and an ugly ass face.

"So, what do the pair of you need from someone such as myself? Sahra spoke volumes about you two, so I'm expecting this to be worth my time... and your money," he chuckled low, adjusting on the couch and leaning forward. Jude glared.

"Great to see you again. Sahra remembered me, do you? Last time I was here was with company... and we left with you having a few less bodyguards than before."

The Broker stiffened, and then resumed his pose on the couch. He took a puff of a fat cigar, and chuckled low. "Now that you mention it, yes... I do. I remember your skinny ass bottling one of my bodyguards, and then throwing him out this window. I remember your entire posse, especially your leader, trying to hustle information out of me for less than the price," the Broker stood up, straightening his suit, and striding through the thick fog of smoke. He was tall, very tall, just as Jude remembered him. She held her ground. "If you think you can waltz in and stir up that same skagshit, you'd be wrong little human. Take your beef and turn around. I only deal business, and if you don't have the money, get the fuck out."

She crossed her arms, truly unwavering against this Klangar. He was a bully, and he relied on his species' inherent intimidation to do most of the work for him. But, like last time, the Broker hadn't lifted a finger to fight when the time had called for it. Jude narrowed her eyes.

"We have business, you can relax. We're looking for something that went missing, or rather, was taken. Council business, apparently. Ryker?" She looked over her shoulder to the man and waved him forward, letting him do the rest of the talking. He knew more about it, being a bureaucrat slave himself. She was giving him a chance to redeem himself too. Not fuck it up with the Broker, and maybe she'd be a little nicer to him. However, the chances of that were slim; Jude was mean on purpose. She weeded out the people who wanted to use her and not give a shit. Jude had gone her whole life being used at some point, and she was determined to not let it happen again-- especially not with someone like Ryker.
[/div][/div][/div]

Last edited:
[div class=Container]
[div class=Mainpic]
[/div]

|[div class=title]Mood[/div] always amused|salt
|[div class=title]Location[/div] Nilus (Nightclub)[/div]

"Yes, He. I don't know where you got your info, but I've dealt with this guy before. Not a she. Anyway, this one's a real asshat, so keep your mouth shut," He cast a sideways glance at her, brows hiking as he processed this little nugget of information. It wasn't uncommon for Federation Intel to be a bit off, so he wasn't too surprised, what he was surprised about was her apparent knowledge of this particular broker. It made him wonder who she ran with before she found herself in supermax. There weren't many known associates in her record. Ryker twisted to look back at the way they had come, his mouth flickering into a flat line at the sight of two meaty men moving to block their exit. He wasn't sure Jude had even noticed, she was too busy speaking and far too busy looking like she would enact the wrath of the gods upon his person. "---you'd be closer to that Ithsae's bedroom than the Broker's lounge. But whatever, you do you Pretty Boy."

Ryker snorted but didn't reply. He had a way of getting results, one that usually made him feel like he needed to take six showers afterward, but it worked. He had a system and it was more than apparent that she had her own. The curtain moved around them as they passed through, enveloping them in a velvety darkness for half a second. A hand brushed along his, at first he thought it was his imagination until there was an assertive pressure behind it. Ryker's dark blue gaze drifted down to the shorter woman at his side, reading the message clearly even before their eyes connected. He rose a brow, allowing her to march forward as he hung back. Arms crossed over his chest, Ryker took the time to observe the lounge. There was a large U shaped lounge, accompanied by a table that held various drinking glasses and substances he knew shouldn't even be on the market yet. His eyes narrowed on a tray of jelly looking tablets before moving his attention to the shadowed figure that lounged in the center of the couch.

"So, what do the pair of you need from someone such as myself? Sahra spoke volumes about you two, so I'm expecting this to be worth my time... and your money,"
Ryker remained quiet, leaning to his left side. He was interested to see how Jude handled it. She had been so gung-ho before that he expected a certain amount of pre-trust already established. Perhaps he wouldn't even need to do a damn thing. On their first conversation she hadn't struck him as someone gifted with a silver tongue, but they had only known each other for a couple hours and stranger things had happened.

"Great to see you again. Sahra remembered me, do you? Last time I was here was with company... and we left with you having a few less bodyguards than before."

"Now that you mention it, yes... I do. I remember your skinny ass bottling one of my bodyguards, and then throwing him out this window. I remember your entire posse, especially your leader, trying to hustle information out of me for less than the price,"
Ryker clicked his tongue, reaffirming in his mind that Jude did not have a delicate touch when it came to words. The broker stood up, adjusting his suit, and Ryker found himself tilting his head up just a bit. He wasn't used to many people or aliens being that much taller than him, but this...thing had to be almost eight feet. He sighed through his nose, able to tell already how quickly things were starting to go south.

"If you think you can waltz in and stir up that same skagshit, you'd be wrong little human. Take your beef and turn around. I only deal business, and if you don't have the money, get the fuck out."
Ryker pressed his lips together, mainly to keep him from saying anything though he did take a couple steps forward.

"We have business, you can relax. We're looking for something that went missing, or rather, was taken. Council business, apparently. Ryker?"
The last part of her mini explanation caused his jaw to clench, gaze whipping towards her, and for a fraction of a second there was a flicker of something similar to irritation. The Klangar shifted his focus from Jude to Ryker, looking less than impressed. Of course she had him take the reigns once she had pissed the guy off. He wasn't sure if it was because she was testing him in her own way or she just didn't understand how these things worked. Maybe she really thought she could solve every single one of her problems through violence.

"You'll have to excuse my associate, she lacks in the way of manners. May I?" He gestured to the leather couch, and upon the Broker's nod sat down with the Klangar. He was much less intimidating sitting down and Ryker counted his lucky stars that the alien seemed interested enough to hear what he had to day. "Time is money, so spit it out."
The corners of his mouth curved into a pleasant little smile, leaning back fully into the leather cushions. "Of course, I'm sure you're a busy man so I won't take up too much of your time." Ryker crossed one leg over the other, smirking at the broker like he knew something he didn't. The Klangar mimicked his body language, puffing away at that cigar in muted interest.

"Rumor has it, the Federation recently lost a little black box. Something so sensitive that they would kill to get it back."
Ryker's gaze scanned over the table, reaching forward for a small red fruit. He bounced it in the palm of his hand for a bit, before leaning back as if he had simply no care in the world.
"Listen, kid, if you ain't got creds and you're just gonna waste my time---"
"Ah," Ryker held a single finger up, halting the others words before they could even finish, "I wasn't finished."

The table jostled as he placed one booted heel on top of it, followed by the other, locking eyes with the Klangar. "I've got the creds, Klangar, the only question is if your home planet is worth it or not. Because, you see, the Council, doesn't play games. Unlike dear sweet June-bug, I won't stop at throwing your beefed up baboons out some windows. So you're going to tell me what I want to know, and if I'm satisfied then you'll get your credits."

Ryker fished a knife out of his pocket, cutting into the apple and bringing the slices to his mouth. The broker glared at him, fists curling and uncurling before belting out a short laugh. "You're bluffing." The brunet raised a brow, looking up through his lashes at the alien. His grin was sharp as he brought another apple slice to his mouth. There was something...unstable in the way he was grinning and it caused the broker to shift in his seat just a bit. "Am I?" He ran the knife across the surface of the apple slow, shaving off chunks of skin at a time.

"There's been word of a breech in the Council's security, someone was able to get their hands on an Ambassador's uploaded consciousness."
"Whose?"
"That information's going to---"
"Cost you the lives of everyone on Klen."

A beat of silence, a gruff snort of irritation, and another puff of a cigar. "Don't know. It's all been very hush hush, even my informants haven't been able to dig up anything."
"Who stole it?"
"Ten thousand credits."
Ryker laughed, munching on another apple slice as he pointed the tip of his knife at the broker. "Don't insult my intelligence you cockwomble, now answer my fucking question before I ram this knife so far up your ass you'll be using your mouth to shit."

The broker blinked, his mouth hanging open enough for the cigar to slip out of it. He fumbled for the lit object before it burned a hole through his shirt, that ugly face screwing up into something that was a mixture of anger and what Ryker liked to assume was fear.
"A hacker that goes by the name of Jenix."
"Where can I find them?"
"There's an annual party on Soles, houses a lot of elite items. Things that not everyone can buy off the black market. We're talking valuables that could shift the entire course of life as we know if if they fell into the wrong hands. If I had to guess, your hacker and your box would be there."
"When is it?"
"I want my creds."
"Answer."
"In about a month. It's always held on Scalabis during cycle 14." Ryker nodded, removing his boots from the table before getting to his feet. "What about my money?"
Ryker hummed, dropping the apple core onto the table and using his pant leg to wipe off the juice on his knife. He pressed a button on his Uni-tool, the red display illuminating his face as he typed something in.

The broker opened his own uni-tool, eyes widening as he stared at the zeros transferring into his bank account. "Pleasure doing business with you, broker. The Council thanks you for your compliance."
"The..Council? Who are you?"
Ryker shot him a grin, adjusting his jacket, "Now, now, broker, isn't that something you should already know?"
He turned, strolling towards the doors with a smirk on his face. As he passed Jude, he grabbed her arm, leaning over slightly in an attempt to keep his voice down, "Don't fight me, just move. We don't have a lot of time before he realizes that the transfer will bounce."

They were half way out of the club before there was a roar of anger from the VIP lounge. "Well, that took longer than expected." He chuckled a little under his breath, pushing through the crowds of people in a desperate attempt to get out before the broker caught them. "Jude do you know the fastest---"
The sounds of gunshots echoed throughout the club and the music screeched to a halt.

"WHOEVER BRINGS ME RYKER COLEMAN WILL BE HEAVILY COMPENSATED."

He blinked, casting Jude an amused look, "Hear that? I think I've made a new friend."
There were more gunshots and the sounds of people screaming amplified as the crowds began flooding out of the night club. Ryker went with the wave of people running for their lives, taking Jude's hand and pulling her into a nearby alley. He let go as soon as he was sure she was behind him, "We've got to get back to my ship and I doubt this is going to be very easy. Any ideas?"
Ryker pressed his back against the wall as a group of men ran past with guns.
He chuckled under his breath, grinning from ear to ear as his heart pounded frantically in his head.
Maybe he should have been a con-artist instead of a Fed.
[/div][/div][/div]
[/div] [class=Container] min-width:200px; max-width:700px; height:auto; display:flex; flex-wrap:wrap; padding:0.3em; padding-bottom:0.8em; align-items:center; justify-content:space-evenly; margin:auto;center; --color1:#CCCCCC; --color2:#063d60; --color3:#042140; --color4:#010025; --color5:#222222; background:var(--color4); [/class] [class=Mainpic] width:250px; height:250px; border-radius:50%; background:url('https://i.pinimg.com/564x/1a/91/e1/1a91e1381e7a8666fc0d2c037af17cb7.jpg'); background-size:100%; background-position:0em 0em; filter:grayscale(0); [/class] [class=infobanner] width:250px; height:150px; color:var(--color1); font-family: Montserrat; font-size:0.8em; padding-top:1em; padding-bottom:1em; border-bottom:3px solid var(--color2); [/class] [class=title] font-family: Major Mono Display; font-size:1em; color:var(--color1); display:inline-block; [/class] [class=textWrap] min-width:200px; max-width:680px; height:40vh; overflow:hidden; padding:0.3em; box-shadow:3px 3px 0px var(--color2); [/class] [class=scrollWrap] width:105%; height:40vh; overflow:scroll; [/class] [class=textBox] width:95%; font-family: Montserrat; font-size:0.8em; color:var(--color1); text-align:justify; [/class]

[div class=Container]
[div class=Mainpic]
[/div]

|[div class=title]Mood[/div] feelin' crafty| constantly annoyed
|[div class=title]Location[/div] Outside Nilus Nightclub | Sancus
[/div]

[div class=textWrap][div class=scrollWrap][div class=textBox]In no simpler words, she was impressed. Ryker had done his job, the one that she had haphazardly, and totally on purpose, thrown to him. She'd be damned if she didn't say he did a good job, as well.

She watched with mute fascination as Ryker donned some cloak of another personality, this being no one close to the man she had been saddled up with hours ago. He was calm, he was in control, and he looked damn good while he did it. She hated to admit it, but if there was one person she was honest with, it was herself.

Plus, Ryker did a very good job at distracting the Broker.

Turning slightly away from the two as they conversed, Jude ever-impressed with his threatening display to the Klangar, she brought up her uni-tool. Standing next to a wall, she faked watching absent-mindlessly and being bored with the exchange. Her fingers worked like lightning, streaking across the surface of the digital interface and typing lines and lines of code. She was going to take a peek into the Broker's network, or at least what he had on hand. She knew she wasn't capable of toppling or making her way into his entire network system, but she was only after a bit of information. It had been a while since she had hacked, but the talent and memory came effortlessly once her fingers were in motion.

"Don't insult my intelligence you cockwomble, now answer my fucking question before I ram this knife so far up your ass you'll be using your mouth to shit."

She looked up at that, a smile bruising the edge of her mouth. Well, damn. She really didn't think he was capable of that kind of intimidation. The heat within her face was masked by the red glare of her uni-tool, and she was glad for it. Quickly, she looked back down and resumed her work. The Broker's uni-tool's system was relatively unguarded, but she figured that the layer she had made her way into wasn't as important as some of the other data he had with him. Her and her gang weren't high stakes to the Broker, and that was fine. All she wanted to know was if they had been set up and who had paid to find out and get them caught. She had her own business, regardless of the Broker's investment.

"Pleasure doing business with you, broker. The Council thanks you for your compliance." Shit, Ryker was almost done. She scrambled a few more legs of code in before finally delighting in the extraction of the file she had been looking for. No time to look now, and she was pulled rather hurriedly by Ryker out the lounge. Screwing up her face, she opened up her mouth to complain but was cut off by Ryker.

"Don't fight me, just move. We don't have a lot of time before he realizes that the transfer will bounce." Jude's jaw dropped as she as fought to make her shorter legs meet Ryker's longer strides.

"You WHAT--?" She hissed but her words were lost in the throng of music and trapped within the mess of bodies as they pushed their way through the club. Sweaty limbs, lingering lips and flashes of conversations assaulted Jude's eyes and ears, but she did her best to focus on Ryker pulling her through the crowd. She concentrated on the feeling of his hand, strong and warm, clasped tightly in hers. Suddenly, there were gunshots and panic began to rise. Haste was to be made, and quickly at that.

"WHOEVER BRINGS ME RYKER COLEMAN WILL BE HEAVILY COMPENSATED."

"Hear that? I think I've made a new friend," the brunet said, making Jude snort.

"Oh yeah, you two are like peas in a pod, sure," she said through clenched teeth as they managed to disappear out of the club doors. It was raining again, and Jude delighted in the crisp drops touching her skin and soaking through some of her clothes as they made their way to an alley. Ryker pulled her close and the two pressed their backs against the wall, the only sounds permeating the air being their own breaths and the collateral from the events at the club. Jude felt her heart pulsing in her ears, and the adrenaline rush was refreshing. It'd been a long time since she'd had that kind of excitement.

"We've got to get back to my ship and I doubt this is going to be very easy. Any ideas?" She noticed Ryker was smiling, and decided in that moment that it was nice when he smiled like that.

Shaking her head to focus, she pulled on a bit of her rain soaked hair, thankful that some relief was found in this alley. Jude peered out the edge, pulling back immediately when someone rushed by. Her heart was still pounding in her ears, and she bit her lip in concentration. "Well, we could make a run for it, but I think only one of us has a gun and I really don't want to get shot tonight. The guards are relentless; I know this because I had to throw one out a window last time to get him off me," She pursed her lips, crossing her arms now. "I'm not one for big plans, but maybe we should take advantage of the rain? It's coming down hard, we may be able to just blend in with the other people, as long as we act natural. But, I don't know! I'm not the brains here! I just... hit things..." she trailed off on account of the particularly large, alone, bodyguard that was advancing down the alley.

He was large, some dumb human, and glared down at Jude with a rotten smile. She rolled her eyes and immediately set to work, slamming her heel down on the man's toes. He yelped in pain, leaning forward just a bit and low enough for her to deliver a resounding kick to his face. The man staggered sideways, disarmed by the blow, and reached out with a big meaty hand. She leaned backward, dodging his grab, and then went back in with a right hook. A loud noise emanated from the man, but he was silenced quickly by a jab to the neck with Jude's uni-tool. She flexed her fist and a surge of energy pulsed through, shocking the man and letting him crumble to the ground. It wasn't always this easy, but god damn if she wasn't thankful that it was!

Satisfied with this brute, she leaned down and grabbed his pistol. He was stupid for not using it, probably either not seeing the taller man behind her or underestimating his need for violence. Turning back to Ryker, she waved the thing with an innocent smile. "Oh my, it must be my lucky day!" Her face darkened again and she cocked the gun, weighing it in her hand. She put her other hand on her hip and raised a brow at Ryker, gesturing back to the street. "There should be more soon. Shall we run? Or you got a brighter idea?"
[/div][/div][/div]

Last edited:
[div class=Container]
[div class=Mainpic]
[/div]

|[div class=title]Mood[/div] always amused|distrustful
|[div class=title]Location[/div] Sancus | USS Valor [/div]

"Well, we could make a run for it, but I think only one of us has a gun and I really don't want to get shot tonight. The guards are relentless; I know this because I had to throw one out a window last time to get him off me," Ryker snorted a bit at her words, lips twitching a bit in amusement, "I'm not one for big plans, but maybe we should take advantage of the rain? It's coming down hard, we may be able to just blend in with the other people, as long as we act natural. But, I don't know! I'm not the brains here! I just... hit things..."

The wall of the building behind them was damp from the rain and he could feel the chill begin to seep through his jacket. His head turned towards her voice, subconsciously thinking over her words as he waited for their exit to be a little less suspicious. But with so many people running past this alley, he wasn't sure them slipping out of it wouldn't draw at least some sort of attention. He clicked his tongue lightly, glancing back toward her. The rain was a good idea and for someone who seemed to have little to no confidence in making the plans, she certainly knew how to read a situation. Blending in could work, the only problem is that there wasn't really anything to blend in with. Maybe if they walked slow enough no one would notice them as much...or worse case he could act drunk. That would throw almost anyone off, especially if they had less than one functioning brain cell.

The sounds of footsteps against damp pavement caused him to shift his attention towards the other end of the alley. His eyes widened, pushing himself off the wall as a very large, very brutish looking man came barreling down the alley at them. Ryker was by no means small. He was a bit over six foot and towered over most other humans, but he didn't have the bulk that this man had. Whoever this guy was, he looked like he could bench press three of him and not break a sweat. The reason why Ryker was more of a talker than a fighter, didn't have to do with the fact that he didn't know how to fight. In fact, he was fairly good at it. He just didn't enjoy the aftermath. His fingers flexed at his side, ready to beat the shit out of this guy when he noticed Jude already moving. There was no hesitation as she took down the brute with the same sort of brutal finesse that he was coming to expect from her. He stared at the scene for a moment, his heartbeat seeming to match the rhythm of the rain as it pattered across the various neon accented buildings around them.

"Oh my, it must be my lucky day!"
He saw her reach for it. Watched her pick it up. He didn't know why he didn't stop her, even as his hand reflexively went to his own weapon. He popped the holster the moment she drew back the hammer, his gaze trained on the gun. A shiver of dread sparked down his spine, following an unsettling amount of deja vu. Please, don't make me shoot you. I really don't want to shoot you." His own words echoed in the back of his skull, one hand raised, feet shoulder width apart, left hand secured on the hilt of his pistol. Just like he had back then.

"There should be more soon. Shall we run? Or you got a brighter idea?"

The weapon had been lowered to her side, no aggressive movements, but he wasn't so sure she wouldn't just shoot him in the back as soon as he turned around. People had done far worse things for the sake of a little freedom. He swallowed past the blockage in his throat, moving his gaze away from the gun to rest on her face. She would need a way to defend herself, other than the little taser she carried around on her uni-tool. He knew that, yet he was still hesitant to give her a weapon. Not when...the last....didn't end so well. He pulled his hand away from his own weapon, hovering just above the hilt before he let it fall to his side. His other arm lowering, "You aren't keeping that. When we get back to the ship, I'm booking it. I'll get you something that's a little less illegal. Just...don't shoot anyone if you don't have to. I really hate paperwork."

Ryker sighed, running a hand down his face. It was a rare moment of seriousness for him, his expression neutral save for the slight crease to his brow. "Blending in is probably the easiest. Conceal that, we don't have much time and I'd rather not have to talk your ass out of jail if it gets spotted by the local patrol."

He flipped the collar of his jacket up, bringing it tighter around himself as he turned the corner. The streets were just as busy as he had hoped. Ryker bent his head a bit, glancing back at Jude as he strode down damp cracked concrete littered with the types of trash he really didn't want to spend too long analyzing. It always smelled like a sewer down here and that was part of the reason why he usually never went to the lower levels of Sancus. He slipped a hand in his pocket, trying to avoid eye contact with those he past as much as possible. There were still guards, mostly male, lingering on all sides of the street with searching eyes and painted sneers. The weapons they kept were all too visible and it made him wonder just what kind of lawless sector the warden here was running. If the federation ever found out about this...well, they'd need a new warden. It was still hard to imagine that this kind of thing was going on just beneath the Council's nose, though at the same time it was more than a little ironic.

The zig-zag back to the ship wasn't as hard as he thought it was going to be. Apparently, none of the thugs hunting him had a single functioning brain cell because he was almost certainly recognizable. Ryker knew he stood out in places like these, he was too well groomed, held himself far too differently, even his way of speaking screamed upper class. Yet none of that seemed to matter and he was grateful for it. The ship doors slid open and he sighed, combing his hands through dampened hair. "Gun." He turned to Jude with an outstretched hand, waiting for the weapon to be handed over. A brief noise of irritation left him when she didn't automatically comply, "Listen, I'll let you use one of mine. But you aren't lugging around something that may or may not be legal."

He wiggled his fingers at her in hopes that would prompt her to give him the gun faster. "June-bug, I promise I won't leave you out there without a reasonable defense." Ryker tilted his head to the side a bit, flashing her a quick smile as he took the gun. He turned it over in his hands, absently studying it before dropping it out the air-lock. Brushing his hands off on his jeans, he flicked a switch on the overhead humming a little as the ship came to life. He swung into the Captain's chair, grinning as the docking magnets disengaged. It felt like it had been forever since he had been off Sancus and he was so ready to leave.

"Strap in, June-bug, we're going on an adventure."
He turned in his seat to wiggle his eyebrows at her before steering the ship out of the dock and right into open space.
[/div][/div][/div]
[/div] [class=Container] min-width:200px; max-width:700px; height:auto; display:flex; flex-wrap:wrap; padding:0.3em; padding-bottom:0.8em; align-items:center; justify-content:space-evenly; margin:auto;center; --color1:#CCCCCC; --color2:#063d60; --color3:#042140; --color4:#010025; --color5:#222222; background:var(--color4); [/class] [class=Mainpic] width:250px; height:250px; border-radius:50%; background:url('https://i.pinimg.com/564x/e9/20/c2/e920c2b3fac6b6cc2d9b0bc31865ea38.jpg'); background-size:100%; background-position:0em 0em; filter:grayscale(0); [/class] [class=infobanner] width:250px; height:150px; color:var(--color1); font-family: Montserrat; font-size:0.8em; padding-top:1em; padding-bottom:1em; border-bottom:3px solid var(--color2); [/class] [class=title] font-family: Major Mono Display; font-size:1em; color:var(--color1); display:inline-block; [/class] [class=textWrap] min-width:200px; max-width:680px; height:40vh; overflow:hidden; padding:0.3em; box-shadow:3px 3px 0px var(--color2); [/class] [class=scrollWrap] width:105%; height:40vh; overflow:scroll; [/class] [class=textBox] width:95%; font-family: Montserrat; font-size:0.8em; color:var(--color1); text-align:justify; [/class]

[div class=Container]
[div class=Mainpic]
[/div]

|[div class=title]Mood[/div] feelin' crafty| constantly annoyed
|[div class=title]Location[/div] USS Valor | Sancus
[/div]

[div class=textWrap][div class=scrollWrap][div class=textBox]She found it unbelievable how quickly she had let part of her guard down. There was something innately easy-going about Ryker that she had diffused her usual levels of aggression and hostility to a comfortable snark, and in the few hours they had had together she was even feeling comfortable with working with him. She wouldn't have admitted it, but it was there, something. Yet, when she locked eyes with his hovered hand over his holster, she was reminded instantly that her trust was not easily bought and neither was she ready to make an honest effort. It plunged a knife in her gut to see him look so on guard and defensive when she held the gun. She hadn't had any intentions of shooting his guts alongside the brick wall, but his reaction made her more tempted to do so out of spite.

"You aren't keeping that. When we get back to the ship, I'm booking it. I'll get you something that's a little less illegal. Just...don't shoot anyone if you don't have to. I really hate paperwork."

Yeah, sure, that was the real reason. She knew cops and she knew bureaucrats. They had an endgame in mind, and any crims along the way were mere pawns. She was a pawn in this Council game, and she wouldn't forget it for a second. They held her prison sentence in their hand, and they wielded it like a bloody noose.

"Relax, Pretty boy. Jeez, the safety is even ON." She wasn't dumb, she knew how to use a gun. But then, that was probably why he was apprehensive to her having a weapon. She continued glaring at Ryker, nonetheless.

"Blending in is probably the easiest. Conceal that, we don't have much time and I'd rather not have to talk your ass out of jail if it gets spotted by the local patrol." She rolled her eyes, scoffing at him and sliding the pistol in the waistband of her jeans. She lifted her coat to cover it best she could, but it was dark enough anyway. The rain was an ally as well. Jude noticed how swift Ryker was now, slipping out the alley with less concern than he had had when they went in. She cursed herself with a discernible expression that she had been careless enough to attempt to trust Space Cop here. Jude crossed her arms and kept her head low, not sparing a second to inhale the sweet and absolutely revolting stench of the lower bellies of Sancus.

This was home to her.

She counted the vendors who sat beneath heavy covers, shouting and gesturing for their goods. Manholes steamed and Jude half-remembered when she'd take her little brother somewhere near her to get food. He used to count all the manholes that steamed, asking what was inside of them. Of course, Jude had told him some elaborate story that put a fire under the little boy's bottom half with fear and half with excitement. The memory was distant, but her heart ached a bit at the thought. She hoped her family was doing okay.

In due time they made it back to the ship and Jude was fully prepared to throw herself over the nearest cushion and pass out. Being out in the open had been more draining that she remembered, or expected, and the exhaustion in her limbs and eyes was strong. She was stopped mid-stride by the unmoving form of Ryker, hand outstretched and lips pressed into a straight line. "Gun," was all he said. Jude groaned outwardly, like a petulant toddler, and slowly brought out the gun from her back. "Listen, I'll let you use one of mine. But you aren't lugging around something that may or may not be legal." Being able to defend herself was good! Did Ryker not realize that? It was her first line of protection, given the option. She pursed her lips and nearly barreled past him to head into the ship. Her apathy levels were excruciatingly high, combating fatigue and annoyance.

She snorted, looking up at the man. "Legal or not, I mod all my weapons. So, really, they all end up being illegal at some point. You stop me from that, then we have a problem."

"June-bug, I promise I won't leave you out there without a reasonable defense."

"Fine, but quit with the god damned nickname or the next time I get an illegal weapon, I surrender it over directly shoved into your asshole. Get it?" She let the gun slip out of her hand and into is, dodging his figure and flopping somewhere to momentarily rest. She didn't even want to know what he was going to do with it. Probably drop it out an airlock or chew on it like a damned animal. Whatever a creature like him did, at any rate.

"Strap in, June-bug, we're going on an adventure." She had almost forgotten that they were going somewhere, specifically on a mission. Her brain reversed, putting together the pieces of conversation she had been half listening to while hacking into the Broker's network (information she'd have to dig into a bit later, not while Ryker was looking anyhow).

"Where are we going? We have a month before that stupid... party thing that the Broker was talking about. Do you have a plan on getting into that, Plan Man?" She snorted, crossing her arms and leaning over the couch to look at Ryker.
[/div][/div][/div]

[div class=Container]
[div class=Mainpic]
[/div]

|[div class=title]Mood[/div] |always amused
|[div class=title]Location[/div]| USS Valor [/div]

"Fine, but quit with the god damned nickname or the next time I get an illegal weapon, I surrender it over directly shoved into your asshole. Get it?"
"Somone is touuuuchy." He drawled, amusement clear in his tone. He didn't seem to mind her threats of violence, in face he found them rather adorable considering her situation. The dark blue of his irises followed her as she flopped on the couch. Ryker's smirk grew a little wider before he turned his attention back to the cockpit.

"Where are we going? We have a month before that stupid... party thing that the Broker was talking about. Do you have a plan on getting into that, Plan Man?"

He didn't look at her, gaze focused on the expanse of space before them as he started plugging in coordinates. "We do have a month, jelly-bean, but I like to be productive and I'm not going to sit on my ass until then." Ryker leaned back in the chair after the auto-pilot had engaged. "We're going to a little shit-hole on the edge of the galaxy. A place known as Gamma, you've probably heard of it June-bug. You'd like it there, it's filled to the brim with your types of people." It might have been a bit presumptuous of him to assume just what types of people it was that she associated, but given the stack of her criminal records on his table it wasn't such an uneducated guess. He rose from his seat, arms reaching up towards the roof of the ship, leaning a bit to one side and then the other as he stretched.

"We should be there in a couple days. If we're lucky and don't have to go through an asteroid cluster. So get comfy pumpkin, we're in for a long haul." Ryker flopped down on the other end of the couch, kicking his feet up on the end table as he shuffled for the remote. The projection screen flickered on showing some news reporter talking about shots being fired at a popular nightclub. Ryker snorted back a chuckle, amused with the report before switching stations.

✵ ✵ ✵​

Bare feet tapped against the ship floor, taking small steps every so often as the beat carried the motion.

Blinded by the light
Revved up like a deuce
Another runner in the night

The chorus poured over the speakers, his voice belting out the lyrics without a care. His body twirled to the rhythm, swaying, and bobbing as he went about dumping a box of cereal into a bowl. Ryker pulled the milk out of the mini fridge, giving it a quick sniff, and upon deeming it safe for consumption, he poured it into the bowl. He absently sang along with the next verse, pulling a spoon from a drawer and shoving bits of his breakfast into his mouth. "Mafman drummas bummas, Infians in fhe sumah, Wif a....diplomat! In the dumps with the mumps, As the adolescent pumps, His way into his hat!" He shoveled in another mouthful, rocking to the beat with his food. He murmured a verse every now and then, not seeming to care that Jude was probably in the other room still trying to sleep. This had been their third day stuck on this ship together and if she wasn't used to him and his weird routines now, then she would never be. Then again, she had never bothered to come out and yell at him. He figured she must have just been a heavy sleeper, which for all intents and purposes suited him just fine.

He held the bowl out, doing a careful spin before bringing it back to rest against his naked chest. "BUT MOMMA, THAT'S WHERE THE FUN ISSS!!!" Ryker shoved the spoon into his mouth once more, swaying his hips and rocking from side to side.
[/div][/div][/div]
[/div] [class=Container] min-width:200px; max-width:700px; height:auto; display:flex; flex-wrap:wrap; padding:0.3em; padding-bottom:0.8em; align-items:center; justify-content:space-evenly; margin:auto;center; --color1:#CCCCCC; --color2:#063d60; --color3:#042140; --color4:#010025; --color5:#222222; background:var(--color4); [/class] [class=Mainpic] width:250px; height:250px; border-radius:50%; background:url('https://i.pinimg.com/564x/29/d3/93/29d393248f71891395ad956b7b03d4ce.jpg'); background-size:100%; background-position:0em 0em; filter:grayscale(0); [/class] [class=infobanner] width:250px; height:150px; color:var(--color1); font-family: Montserrat; font-size:0.8em; padding-top:1em; padding-bottom:1em; border-bottom:3px solid var(--color2); [/class] [class=title] font-family: Major Mono Display; font-size:1em; color:var(--color1); display:inline-block; [/class] [class=textWrap] min-width:200px; max-width:680px; height:40vh; overflow:hidden; padding:0.3em; box-shadow:3px 3px 0px var(--color2); [/class] [class=scrollWrap] width:105%; height:40vh; overflow:scroll; [/class] [class=textBox] width:95%; font-family: Montserrat; font-size:0.8em; color:var(--color1); text-align:justify; [/class]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back