• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Project Athena. (A hint of Colosseum mixed with Cyberpunk and Fantasy).

nighttimecatplayer

~Stay Purrfect!
1603322129859.png

Every day ten individuals of varying timelines and power are randomly selected from their home-worlds and summoned to fight to their death in a high-tech Cyberpunk arena. With a massive alien audience, foreign announcers, blaring lights, and jarring music, it is clear that these characters are the contestants of a cruel game show. However, most have little time to become acquainted with their surroundings before they get thrust into the heat of battle.

The rules of the game are simple:

There will be two teams of five, one Red and one Blue.

2. The winners/survivors get sent back to their homeworlds in perfect health and imagine everything as a fever dream, while the losers are sent to a holding pen to await their fate.

3. Losers do not perish in battle, but they are instead "Eliminated from the match" and teleported out of the arena when they would die from a lethal attack.

4. Teammates can get eliminated from friendly fire.

5. Each character has their own foe to face, but if they defeat their opponent early, they can assist their teammates.

6. If two characters refuse to fight, they will both automatically be eliminated and sent to the holding pen.

7. Not only is it impossible for the characters to escape (There is a force field blocking the contestants from leaving the arena), but any individual who attempts to escape will be automatically eliminated from the match.

8. It seems that the game automatically knows everything about your character and their abilities.

9. Do whatever it takes to win.

Now that we've established the rules, everything seems simple enough, right? You fight and win, and you get to go home. You fight and lose, and you get sent to the holding pens. But some couldn't help but wonder, what exactly happens to the losers?

Well, it seems that the holding pen also doubles as a spaceship, and the losers are abandoned on a random planet. Sometimes, the losers get lucky, and they are left on a tropical paradise, while others are not so lucky and get dumped on a planet full of acidic rain, hurricanes, and volcanoes. It's the luck of the draw, really.

Unfortunately, for those who beat the odds and got a habitable planet, the losers are graciously given a supply drop and one week to prepare before they are hunted down by cybernetic monstrosities.

Thankfully, the attacks come in predictable waves, and the smarter losers have developed a system for dealing with these attacks and made a new life for themselves. (Whether it be as a lone wolf, in groups, or by blending into the society of their new home).

Currently, the only things known to the veterans are:

1. The losers all have a barcode and a serial number tattooed to a random part of their body. When scanned, the barcode reads "Property of Athena." (The game show and monstrosities also have the same name branding, suggesting that they all belong to a company).

2. Losers cannot teleport off the planet, leave the planet through space travel, or make outside contact with anyone. (Even if the losers had the technology or spells to do so, an unseen force will stop them).

3. When starting, the monstrosities will know where the losers are at all times and constantly hunt them around the world, no matter where they are. The only way for the losers to be safe from the monstrosities is to either kill the monsters until the next wave comes or put enough distance between them. However, there are ways for the losers to conceal their location.

4. Each wave comes once a week, and the monstrosities will differ depending on the wave. Currently, there are eight different waves, and once the losers beat the final wave, the waves will reset, starting over at one.

5. Unlike the game show, if a character perishes in this world, they will die permanently.

6. Multiple batches of losers are never left on the same planet, and the holding pen seems to return to its sender once it has dropped off the losers.

7. The losers are ejected from the holding pen and knocked unconscious upon arrival.

8. The losers only get one starting supply drop that contains medical supplies, weapons, ammunition, and food. After that, the characters are on their own.

9. The losers all have a red blinking device inserted inside of their forearm. It is unknown how the device was inserted (Since there are no scars left behind) or what the device does, aside from the fact that attempting to remove it results in immediate death via self-destructing.

So now that our veterans are comfortable, what if a new arrival of losers was about to change everything?

Not only did the newest batch of losers experience a rigged match, but for the first time in history, this batch of losers was dropped off on a planet already occupied by other losers.

Both the veterans and newcomers will quickly learn that this phenomenal event was by no means an accident, but will the losers be able to survive the increasingly aggressive new waves, the politic perils of their new home, get along with one another, AND piece together this cybernetic mystery before its too late?

Find out here, and let the games begin.

1603330492155.png

Privet, and welcome to my Roleplay! I would like to start things off by saying that the arena concept of this Roleplay was inspired by League of Legends Summoner's Rift, but there are no towers or anything like that (Only fighting to the death), and the rest of the Roleplay's concept is original to me.

Project Athena is a mix of an open-world Roleplay with Fantasy/Cybernetic elements and a linear plot. What this means is that the characters can choose to travel wherever they please and take on side quests, but the main quest/plot will always exist/follow the characters around (Quite literally), and if the characters try to stray too far from the main plot, I will have to steer them back in the right direction.

Preferably, I do not want people to try and steer away from the main plot because it makes things disorderly, confusing, and harder to manage, but I am not going to put a lock on where the characters can go because I also want everyone to explore and have a good time.

Basically, as long as your character considers the main plot, I do not mind if they take detours. However, I do not want people to start creating their own arcs, completely forget about the main plot, and split off from the group to do their own thing.

Here are some examples of what I deem acceptable and not acceptable:

Acceptable:

The group takes refuge in a large city to hide from the monstrosities, but then the characters get caught up in the cities own drama, and they try to assist the ruler/governor in a subplot until the monstrosities catch up to them, or something else happens regarding the main plot.

Not Acceptable:

Creating a villain that does not contribute to the main plot or world-building in any way, and only having them exist to fight your character, and distract other characters from the main plot.

Acceptable:

Creating a realistic villain that makes sense for the main plot/current subplot (Not because they are just related to your character), and occasionally having the group cross paths with them.

Not Acceptable:

Having your character run off on their own and completely separate from the group so they can ignore the main plot and conquer half the world, only to return when the Roleplay is nearly finished as an unbeatable villain.

Now that you have a better understanding of what I am looking for in terms of story progression, it is worth noting that I am only looking for (At the very least), semi-literate people who would be willing to put in a few paragraphs per post and try to put in good detail into their CSes. If I feel that a CS does not meet the Roleplay's literate standards, I might have to decline it.

I am not very strict when it comes to frequent posting, (I get it, life happens), but I am only looking for people who are interested in this Roleplay's concept and would be willing to commit to Project Athena and not drop out two weeks later from lack of interest.

However, under the unfortunate circumstances that you do have to drop due to real-life issues or simply from lack of interest, PLEASE try to inform me ahead of time instead of going AWOL and leaving everyone in the dark.

I am not going to be strict about how long it takes you to make your CS, but please try to keep things rolling quickly, so no one starts to lose interest.

I am interested in creating a Discord for Project Athena, and I would also be looking for co-Gmods/moderators who would not mind helping me manage the characters, OOC, and contribute to world-building.

Note:

My moderator selection will not be biased, and if I feel that you are unfit for the role, I will demote you. Player selection will also similarly take place, but it would probably be very rare that I have decline someone from joining this Roleplay.

1603330751009.png

I intended for Project Athena to be a multiverse Roleplay, so your original character can be from any original universe, timeline, and have almost any power/be any race/species so long as they are balanced.

There will be five veteran losers slots and four new losers slots since I will be playing a character that is a new loser. (Ten in total). Only one character per person is allowed.

The new losers will start in their home-world doing whatever, and then they will fall unconscious and wake up in the arena. The veterans will be alerted of the new loser's arrivals when they are abandoned on the planet.

For the new losers, you are SUPPOSED to lose no matter what, (The fights are rigged), so please do not make an OP character and then get tilted when they lose.

The winners will be NPCs that have little significance to the story, but you can choose to make who your character gets pitted against if you wish to do so. (However, I will be playing them, along with any other Gmods).

The characters are allowed to bring non OP weapons, but keep in mind this new world may not have the ammunition and resources they need.

There are limitations to what a character can bring with them (Your character can't bring their whole cooperation with them, a vehicle, or an army of wolves), but if certain things are necessary for your character's concept, I will allow it. (For example, your character is allowed to bring a SMALL mecha suit or a small pack of wolves/tigers if they are a beast-tamer/engineer and that is their only means of fighting).

Romance, gore, and adult themes are allowed, but please do not try to force relationships on other characters for the sake of forcing a relationship, and please abide by RPNation's site rules.

Please try to avoid ripping off characters from other fandoms, and do not have your character come from a fandom universe. I do not mind if you took inspiration from a character or did not know that your character was similar to another, but it is obvious when you ripped off a character and copied their abilities almost word from word.

Please try to avoid cliche anime tropes when creating a character, and please do not always make your character the center of attention. Everyone deserves to feel included and not be dragged around as side characters on your cringe character arcs.

Please do not try to force wins if it looks like your character is going to do lose, and please do not randomly decide that your character can sidestep an attack because they heard a pebble fall. Accept defeat and move on.

If you leave the Roleplay, your character will most likely be killed off.

1603330980258.png

Teleportation is allowed, but your characters cannot teleport off the planet/out of the arena, and there will be a limit to your character's teleportation abilities in battle.

Time travel is allowed, but characters can only rewind time by a few seconds (Or a minute), at most.

Please try to stay true to one ability concept, and do not give your character multiple types of abilities unless it is directly related to your character's concept somehow. (Arcane mages can normally cast multiple spells). For example, if your character is based around time travel, please make them about time travel and do not also give them the ability to shoot acid out of their hands. If your character is a pyromancer, please make them about fire and do not also give them the ability to call forth water.

I probably do not need to say this, but please do not give your character any abilities that might instantly destroy the world, and do not give your character the ability to survive being hit by a moon. I would prefer it if Project Athena kept a sense of realism.

Instant death abilities are tricky, but I might allow them under certain circumstances. (We will have to discuss them).

All characters need a way to permanently die somehow, so try to avoid making immortal characters.

Try not to overload your character with too many OP abilities or weapons, and please do not try to one-up other people's characters. Arguing that "My character's explosive gun could instantly defeat this powerful entity with strong regeneration" is not allowed unless that entity has a particular weakness to that gun.

Please do not make up more abilities after your character's CS is finished, unless your character directly learned them from the Roleplay.

If your character has a spiritual tie to another plane of existence, they are allowed to contact it/summon creatures from it, but characters cannot contact their outside Starfleet for help.

Characters with stacking abilities might have their stacks reset depending on how powerful it is.

1603331271013.png

Please do not target other players and pick fights with them. Even if you dislike their character, there is no need to be rude toward someone and not include them and vice versa.

Respect other people's beliefs.

Do not abuse the staff/take your anger out on the staff because they did their job as a moderator.

If something is making someone uncomfortable and they ask you to stop, please stop.

If you have an issue with a character or a post, please do not attack the player. Instead, come to one of the Gmods, and we will try to address your concern.

If something is bothering you or you have a concern, please do not bottle it up. Bottling up your concerns only makes things worse.

Please do not spam channels.

I am unsure if I will include an NSFW channel, but for now, try to keep things age appropriate.

If I feel like you have only picked fights with people, you act very condescending/smug about your character and belittle other people's characters for not being good enough/not as strong as your character, or you seem like a troll/have problems regarding every little thing, I may ask you to leave the Roleplay.

1603331580380.png

Veteran Losers:

Character One.

Character Two.

Character Three.

Character Four.

Character Five.

New Losers:

Character One.

(Reserved for me).

Character Two.

Character Three.