• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Project Anima

Gills followed behind Crimson nervously. Unlike the assassin, he wasn't particularly fond of places where he couldn't see, for safety reason of course. At least there was still light coming from behind...that was his thought until the stone slab began to close up. When it fit snugly into the hole, there wasn't even a single speck of light coming in.

"Okay, this is reaaaally a bad idea..." he grumbled.

The journey felt like forever until suddenly bright light blinded him for a second. When his eyes finally adjusted, they were in a large underground cave with ceiling high above them. There was an entire village hidden here, with numerous torches lit up to make the complex as bright as outside. The people quickly gathered around Anjin, bowing their head respectfully. He waved at them with a grin. After getting down his camel, he urged Crimson and Gills to do the same.

"Let my people handle your steeds. Now come, friends. I'll show my thanks for helping me."

He waved for them to follow. At the end of the street was a large house made of clay. Anjin and Namu entered first, while a woman, seemingly the maid of the house, showed Crimson and Gills to another room. It was a spacious room with a table and seats for guests. They were told to wait until Anjin returned.

"...Interesting. An underground rebel headquarters. I might learn a thing or two from them," Gills murmured, getting himself comfortable on the soft seat.

Hearing the door cloth and the flood of complete darkness crimson placed her hand on her dagger. If gills was right then she would probably hear it until she took his head. Coming into the large cave she covered her eyes slightly. Anymore and she would of only seen dots. Rubbing her eyes to get use to it her hand came from her dagger. It wasn't until they were adjusted that she seen people bowing to Anjin, then the town in front of them.

Her eyes caught Anjin getting off did she jump off as well, letting them take it. She fallowed quietly to the bigger building and into the room. "Don't forget the information you learn down here. Any of it could be useful later on" she looked to the door. Though he sat she decided to stand, she was sitting enough on the way here.

Gills didn't feel like talking for now, so the room fell to an uncomfortable silence. It felt as if Anjin would've never come, but after a few minutes he finally appeared.

Contrary to the heavy cloak he was wearing earlier, this time he wore a light robe which extended down to his knees, with a matching trousers beneath. Namu followed behind him. Without the hood, her blue hair flowed down lightly to her waist. A dark veil covered the bottom part of her face. She was wearing a sleeveless light gown which exposed her navel, followed by a baggy trousers. Her arms, however, were held on her back, bound together on the wrists by a wooden shackle.

Anjin scooted over to a sofa across Gills, upon which he plopped down. Namu did the same on his side.

"Well, it's been a short but interesting journey together, isn't it?" He smirked, and then pulled out a small sack. There was sound of coins clanging inside. He proceeded to throw the sack into the table, letting a bit of its content pouring out. It was filled with gold coins. "Here's your payment. I think that should suffice, no?"

Hearing them come in Crimson looked over to them. The cloths Namu wore were interesting. She washed over with a small smile until she seen that the girls wrists were bound. The thing in her mouth was one thing, but that was over board. She was just fine out there why should it be different.for some reason it just pissed her off. She was unable to hold back how she was feeling, well most of it. She was sure she looked irrated.

Hearing the bag she picked it up and felt it. "It's fine, Gills come on we are leaving." She started out of the room not caring if he was behind or not. The assassin knew when to keep her mouth shut, but she had to quickly leave before she broke and said something. She understood how dangerous the dragon princesses were, but something about the girls being bond willingly or not just triggered her in some way. The assassin made her way out of the building looked around trying do decide if she should get new cloths or just get out of there.

Gills took a bit more time before he went out of the building, which made him needing quicker strides before he caught up with Crimson. It was apparent from his ragged breathing that the strides turned out into full sprints.

"Well, you are quite the diplomat," he quipped between his breaths. "Is the payment not good enough? Anjin looked really confused, heh."

Crimson continued to walk until he caught up breathing like he had run to her. "The payment was fine. I was only doing a job no need to get any closer" she turned and started to the camels again. "It might still be bad out so we will stay until it clears, you should go back and make friends so we won't have to travel here again with your sister" she stopped and sighed. "Well it's a good thing we are paid for this. I have nothing it's all back at the inn" she sighed again before sitting down against the wall of the cave.

Gills just shrugged. "I don't think I can get too close with that guy either. Just my gut instinct. Anyway, we need his approval to go out, so you might need to get on his good side for now. Let's put that aside and use this moment to rest up. You looked like you need a new outfit."

To tell the truth, he might need one too. Regardless of what they were going to do next, they still need to trek through the desert. Relying solely on the things they took from the riders wouldn't be smart.

"Let's get something more...appropriate for this region. And some supply too. I'm sure these...bandits would share their stuff for some of that gold."

Crimson let out a small laugh remembering Anjin said Gills could go die. "I didn't think you cared if I had a new out fit or not" she smirked up at him before letting out a sigh. "Alright...lets go find the market in this place. Since its like a town im sure they have one" she dusted off then took the cloak off to check how bad her cloths actually were. Burned and ripped. She sighed "I payed good money for these too" she put the cloak over her shoulder before pushing the bbefore coins into him. "You get to hold it and go buy everything. Ill go back to Anjin." she started to walk off after the coins were no longer in her hand. "And don't get me something that covers me up, you know what I wear" after saying this she started to the larger home.

Gills took the coin sack doubtfully. His sister already reprimanded her for having no sense of fashion, and now this woman wanted him to get her a new clothes? This would end up badly wouldn't it? But of course he had no reason to refuse, so he just sighed. "Yes, Ma'am," he said before sauntering off.

The maid from before greeted Crimson when she saw the assassin walking toward the house. Anjin was still inside, and it was fine if she wanted to meet him. "Would it be okay to wait in the guest room while I call master Anjin?" She offered with a warm smile.

Walking up to the house she took in a small breath before knocking. When the maid asked if she could wait in the guest room she nodded. "That is fine" she said as she looked past her then just fallowed to the room. As they walked through she kept her eyes down thinking to herself and trying to push the feeling she had about the girl down so she didn't snap if she seen her.

After a while, Anjin entered the room alone. "Well, didn't expect you to come back," he gave her a playboy smirk. "Did I manage to charm you? Has the enchantment finally takes effect?"

He took a seat across from her, his eyes inquisitive.

Crimson had sat back in a chair just waiting for him to enter. When he did alone she was able to relax. Hearing him she let out a small laugh before. Leaning forward a bit her elbow on her knee and chin in her hand as she looked at him. "Perhaps it has, but the reason I am here is to tell you is we will be moving out once this storm moves over. We aren't use to the harsh sand winds so it would be best if we leave when it is clear." she tipped her head a bit with a smile. "It may last over night so we will have to find a place to sleep, though we need to save money for are trip...know anywhere that we want have to spend close to nothing?" her body moved back almost opening herself up in a more vonarable and relaxed way.

Anjin listened attentively to her request. A smile formed on his mouth. "Well, you're welcome to spend the night in my residence," he waved his hand in the air, "We got enough guest room for an entire convoy. Not that I use it much. If you need supply, you can always ask me. I can provide you so you can reach the nearest city rather comfortably."

After saying that, he sunk into his chair, eyes fixed on Crimson. "Thanks," he suddenly said. "You got angry because of Namu, didn't you? I've always been good in reading people's emotion. Your face usually is hard to read, but back then there was an unmistakable intensity in your eyes. I guess you still need training." His smirk got wider. "But why do you care so much for a random girl you've just met? Even more, after seeing the monster she could manifest. Usually people would distance their heart away as fast as they could. But you're...different. You and that man. Could it be...that you have someone you know with the same condition?"

Crimson smiled at his offer to shelter them for the night and supply there trip. Her smile soon started to fade slightly as he continued to talk. With what he was saying perhaps she did need to shut her emotions up again. She was getting soft and it was a bother. With His last question she sighed softly as she ran her hand through her long black hair. "I don't like seeing girls bound. She was fine with just the mouth piece, why bind her hands? You have taken her free will to communicate though anything other then what body language she can show....it is not right and I do worse things. You looked like you cared for her why put her through that willing or not?"

Anjin's smile faded. His eyes grew darker as a shadow was cast on his face. Slowly, he stood up from his chair and walked over toward the window. His eyes were cast toward the brilliant light from the numerous torches set in the cave, illuminating the underground base.

"Would you mind if I tell a story?" With his back facing her, he began to speak.

"This kingdom of Iroqirin was located in the harshest region of the continent, but we flourished. Even when faced with the dangers of this hostile environment, we strive on. The capital, Amdad, is located in the largest oasis in the region. In that place, it was as if the desert is an illusion. Fresh water, bountiful harvest, green patches of grass...it was a paradise. And it's all thanks to the water priestess.

The water priestess of Iroqirin is a title handed down from centuries. It is her who performed the ritual to bring down rain. Yes, in this desert where everything had dried up, rain fell down only at Amdad. It is through this power that Iroqirin remained as one of the Six Kingdom, safe from the blades of Serion or Lapant. And it is all thanks to that girl."

He turned around. There was a burning hatred flickering in his eyes.

"The line of water priestesses are viewed as saviors. But it is merely a curse! The women who inherited its power are cursed to be struggling forever against its influence. You had seen its form, hadn't you? The being made of water, the thing that Namu called as 'Mist'. It is not a benevolent spirit. It is a monster which sought to take over her body. If she used its power for a long time, it will begin to erode her mind, and in the end she would be nothing but a puppet, a host for it as the monster ran rampant through our world."

Crimson watched as his face went darker. She started to think that the way he acted to the girl was faked. Her eyed watched him as he moved to the window. As he spoke she just leaned back a bit so she could see him a bit better. Even if she said no, she was sure the story would be told anyway.

The assassin listened to every word as he spoke. When he turned around her eyes met his. There was such hatred as he spoke. She was confused. Was the hatred for the girl or dragon only? When she finished she sighed. "It seems the others before her were able to control it or there would of been fear for them and not respect. There are many out there with dragons they must deal with, they learn to control it and use them when needed. You should help her learn to control it or to push it back so she can live a normal life. " She relaxed back facing forward a bit thinking of her own dragon princess she has been protecting. "It is possible. I have seen it" she looked back to him.

He suddenly slammed the windowsill with his fist, breaking it into pieces. "You weren't there!" He yelled. "You didn't see what they had done to her! Respected my ass, all they want her to do is to make rain! The Church of Three Goddesses always kept her locked up inside that cell, deep down in that darkness, not allowed to even move for an inch. She was merely a prisoner! If there is anyone who wants to free her more than anything else, it's me!"

He coughed hard, realizing that he had let his emotion ran wild. "...Pardon me, that was...unbecoming," he returned back to his seat, burying his face in his palms.

"...I killed those bastards. I killed as much as I could when I busted her away from that wretched place. But they were merely underlings. The head honcho, that damned head priest, is still there. Even at this moment he must've been searching all nook and cranny in the entire desert, looking for Namu. To drag her back into their puppet. I won't let them."

He sighed. "That wooden bit and shackle was all that's left from her bindings. I tried to remove it before, but Namu wouldn't let me. She wouldn't get out of that place if I didn't comply," this time, there was sadness in his eyes. "Do you know? The way for the priestess to summon the dragon is by chanting magic words from ancient time, which language had been lost to us. This chant was taught instinctively by the dragon itself. And as long as the priestess could speak, the dragon will kept on tugging her soul, making her chant it one way or another. And if she wasn't allowed to talk, the dragon will take over her body, trying to do whatever it is necessary to make her summon it. That's its entire purpose. It wants to be free. It wants to roam this land and kill everything. The Church kept her in control by sealing her until she is needed. That's the truth of Iroqirin's blessing, the source of its oasis's water. You said that you've seen a priestess who can control her dragon?"

He leaned closer toward Crimson.

"Are you sure about that?"

Hearing his voice get louder she frowned. It startled her a bit, not seeing a reason for the outburst. She sat there quietly though as she didn't want the anger turned on her. When he had spoken of Namu wanting to be shackled the assassin cooled off. It is as to her own will then she seen no harm or nothing wrong with it, though it was sadning.

When he asked about Arty she nodded. "Yes I am sure, unless she just hasn't said anything to me. She roams with out being contained and has even used it in battle. Another wanted war, but did not seem to be taken over by it" she said this then sighed. "They are all different, but she can learn to control or hold it back with out the mouth piece or shackles."

Anjin stared at her as if looking at exotic beast. After a while, he sighed. "I would like to meet them. Perhaps, they could help Namu. But regardless, I had wanted to ask you about this before you went out. Please listen."

He put a business face once more. "I wanted to employ you to aid us in the upcoming battle. Namu will never be truly safe until the Kingdom ceased to chase her. We plan to overthrow the current monarchy, and establish a new one. You're an Animus wielder. Your power is comparable to an entire squadron. It would help us greatly if you joined our cause. How about it?"

Crimson looked at him calmly as he spoke. Really she didn't want to come back to just bring Arty to them. The heat and sand sucked. When he had finished she sighed. "I think you would only want her meeting one, the rest not so much." She laughed softly thinking about the queen and who knows if there new sightless friend was still the same as Norman knew her as. The assassin shifted slightly as she placed one leg over the other, her damaged skirt showing more of her leg then it use to. " About the fight You would have to ask Gills. I'm sure he wants to get back to where we came from..." She leaned back and thought. "If he agrees then perhaps I'll figure out a way my...skills can be helpful" she hummed softly as a smile played on her lips.

Anjin's smile returned. "Dangerous woman. Like I said before, I like that. Honestly, you're wasted on that man. Why not join my group instead?"

His look grew vacant for a moment, a recollection entered his mind. That feeling he had had on their first encounter. "Say...that man, Gills? Who's he actually? He doesn't look like...I don't know, from our world? More like a spoiled son of a noble from somewhere. But, hmm...well, I'll be blunt," he hunched down, resting his chin on his hands, "how many Animus artifacts does he own?"

Crimson let out a light laugh. He didn't know how dangerous she was. "I'm only employed by him, Im getting payed decently enough not to blow the job." She shrugged then leaned on the arm of the chair she was sitting on. "It's not my place to tell you about him, but as far as I know he only has one" her head went into her hand again as she looked at him. The other hand on her mostly exposed thigh. "Why not ask him yourself? It would be better then me getting in trouble' she laughed softly. Of course it wouldn't matter what the prince thought he wouldn't do anything since Arty liked her and there was a bounty still on his head.

"Really, only one.. " he looked down, seemingly in deep thought. "By the way, do you know why we can absorb another person's Animus artifact when we killed them?"

He looked up to meet Crimson's gaze.

"This is my friend's theory. Animus wielders attract each others, and their natural aversion incites conflicts among them. This is the Will of the artifacts. Do you get it? The artifacts want their owner to fight each other to the death, so that they will eventually gathered under one person."

His eyes grew concerned. "Treat this as a free advice. Be careful with that guy. Your presence is tolerable for me. That guy, however...my entire senses are urging at me to kill him."

Crimson nodded to confirm only one. His next words made her interest perk up a bit. Though what he was saying made since, she didn't feel a strong want to kill them...most of the time anyway. It was mostly annoyance. "I don't seem to feel that way to anyone unless I need to or they annoy me. We butt heads, that's really all though." She shrugged. "Perhaps it's a gender thing?...though I know another female that has one and I only want to test my strength against her. We even fought once and I didn't want to kill her" as she spoke she tried to think of if the want to kill them ever passed her mind. Truthfully only the prince, but other feelings confused her about him. "Ether way, I'll make sure to stay between you and him" she smiled to him.

Anjin chuckled. "Thank you. That's reassuring." He stood up, his manner more relaxed than before. Seems that he had let out whatever was in his chest. "As I've said earlier, you're free to stay in this residence. My way of thank you for what you've done to us. And, please consider what I'd requested. Your help is most appreciated."

With that said, he left the room. A moment later, the maid entered.

"Your companion, mister Gills, is here," she said to Crimson. "Do you want to meet her outside or should I bring him here, ma'am?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back