• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Project alpha, a meta/powers RP

C00kie

Just another human
Project Alpha
meta/powers RP
  • Intro

Loading . . .

Enter Code: *******

Code Accepted

Granting access . . .

Opening file in:

3 . . .

2 . . .

1 . . .

Welcome
    If you are reading this you are one step closer to becoming your best and strongest self. If you do not wish to change, if you wish to keep on living your life as you did so far, please press 1 and this file will automatically delete itself from your computer. Keep in mind that this offer will not be made a second time, you will not be able to contact us to ask for a second chance. If you would like to know more press 2 and soon you will receive a second file. Please read it carefully and follow the instructions precisely as written and do not share the information with anyone.

-----------------

You and a group of other young adults received a mysterious file in an email. Once you opened it, the computer opened a program which invited you to an interview for something that would change your life. Whatever your reason is, you decided to go because the address attached is in a safe and fancy part of the city with a lot of offices and the information in the second file seemed 'legit' and while not too informative about the program it told you enough to pique your interest.

Once you arrive at the tall office building with floor to ceiling windows and a friendly receptionist you are directed to the elevator. After a long ride to the twentieth floor you enter a big bright waiting area where some of the others are already waiting. One by one you are invited into the main office and soon it's your turn...

You sign a non-disclosure agreement and then they introduce the program to you. In hopes of giving humanity a better future a biotech company had secretly been working on a serum that would improve humans on a genetic level. They are looking for people willing to test the serum and live in a home specially designed to monitor the participant's health for the duration of the project. The program starts right after the interview and a series of tests to make sure the candidates are healthy enough to successfully get through the treatments with the serum.

Once the participants arrive in their new home, a nice modern building on the outskirts of the city. They receive their first treatment with the serum and rest for a required time (which is one hour and a half). The participants then get to do as they wish until the next treatment so they decide to have a get-to-know-you dinner with a small party afterward.
code by Nano

This seems promising. What age range should characters be, what level of detail are you looking for in posts, and what kind of powers are acceptable?

I was thinking between 18-25.
I would ask for people to be able to write around two small paragraphs but of course, you can write more.
As for powers, nothing OP so no time-related powers or anything like that. I can make a list if there will be enough interest.

I was thinking between 18-25.
I would ask for people to be able to write around two small paragraphs but of course, you can write more.
As for powers, nothing OP so no time-related powers or anything like that. I can make a list if there will be enough interest.

What determines candidates? Are they chosen based on character of personality, genetic compatibility with the serum, or at random?

I might be interested in this, if shapeshifting would be a valid power set.

What determines candidates? Are they chosen based on character of personality, genetic compatibility with the serum, or at random?

I might be interested in this, if shapeshifting would be a valid power set.
The examination after the interview was to check the candidate's health as well as compatibility with the serum by taking a blood sample.
As for how the company picked them? The company picked a group of possible candidates that had applied for other clinical studies as 'healthy volunteers' and after looking into them further narrowed it down to a smaller group of people.

Edit: and I don't see why shapeshifting wouldn't be okay if you put the right restrictions on it (like the size of what they can shift into, how long they can hold the shift, etc...)

Last edited:
I'm super interested! You mention shapeshifting... but I would like to know what kinda power range we're talking? Because realistically there's only so much a serum could do, no?

I'm super interested! You mention shapeshifting... but I would like to know what kinda power range we're talking? Because realistically there's only so much a serum could do, no?
Yeah there shouldn't be any drastic fantasy type differences like shifting into an elephant or telekinetically lifting a house or anything like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back