• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Lekiel

Two Thousand Club
Supporter

disclaimer: While the following story and its supporting lore may contain historical characters and religious references, it is purely a work of fiction and is in no way a reflection of the author’s personal view on the matter.

b101f1f1115d4205d50ca32d90558f99.jpg

AnNo ProFAna 2042

~ ✟ ~

"There shall come a time where mankind’s sins be visited upon him in hellfire and brimstone. For in their hubris and false belief of greatness, they have been blinded to their place in all of Creation. The godless shall cry out. They shall weep and wail but Heaven shall remain silent.”
~Chapter Two, Age Of The Profane

~ ✟ ~​

eb50ec6a59041970f817ea4f4512c8d8.jpg
The year is 2040. Humanity thrives as the shining exemplar of known sapient life. Though her history is coloured in the crimson hues of conflict and strife, like earth crushed under the weight of the world, she has emerged victorious and beautiful as hardened diamonds. All manner of colour, nationality, race or creed, no matter human, witch, vampire, werewolf or sanguineus; all have come together under the banner of humanity, pledging her advancement and prosperity as they usher in the gleaming unknown future.

A future rife with opportunity and possibilities where nothing could halt mankind’s progress. A future of utter destruction.

And yes, you read that right. Witches, vampires, werewolves and the enigmatic sanguineus. These beings, pardon me. . . These humans while mystical in our very own world, are very real in the alternate-earth that the story of Anno Profana takes place in. How they fit in will be explained in the lore. I shan’t bore you with such insipid sterilized information just yet!

26e5d14e07243a0a2984d69b13e688cb.jpg
In essence, Anno Profana is a survival post-apocalyptic end-times RP that has a healthy chunk of fantasy elements, set in near-future earth with a sprinkling of science fiction. It is set in a time where all the races of humanity, including the subhumans*sorry we can’t use that word anymore* live homogeneously among each other, for the most part that is. Of course, there exist the usual. . . conflicts of interests.

Take for example the Big Pharma companies. Huge megacorporations founded on the generations of amassed wealth by the elitist White Witch alchemist families. Jacking up medicine prices to exorbitant levels and bullying smaller companies with lawsuits and takeovers whenever they come up with affordable generics. Or the up and coming biotech startups that are really just cash cows for the pompous Vampire covens. Nevermind the fact that police have been known to always shoot first and ask questions later where werewolves are concerned. Everyone knows that everyone is only out for themselves.

Ahhh… the smell of dignified progress. Iron sharpens iron bla bla bla. . . As long as the Racial Wars of the past are left in our history books and no blood is spilt out of hate and discriminationbut apparently they’re okay if it’s werewolf blood, fuck the system everything remains fine and dandy.

Except for the things that go bump in the night. No really. Monsters, ghouls, demons, cultists, nothing that Division 13 can’t handle. Right? Right?? Riiiggghht??

Oh dear Lord savior. . .

Save us.

~ ✟ ~​

Hey so if you’re still with me, awesome! I should mention that while the premise is far from novel, I myself was really inspired to pursue this idea by an amazing RP I had the pleasure to be a part of called Last Judgement. For better context, the rp shares parallels with the zombie post-apocalyptic genres. If that's your cup of tea, you're in the right place!

Before you go further and I link you up with all the lore bits I thought I should clarify a few things:

♅ Anno Profana 2042 begins in an alternate near-future (and very soon, post-apocalyptic) New York. The majority of it will be set in the United States. I’m simply doing this as I think it’ll help give people the right perspective and easier situational framing for the RP mood. I am not from the States, nor do I live there, so I will try to avoid unnecessary details about the locations so as not to nudge locals out of immersion. Where discrepancies ensue, and there definitely will be, just treat it as changes due to environment or technological progress or GM lack-of-experience.

♅ RP requirements. This is a literate RP. . . Whatdoesthatevenmean?? Is there such thing as an illiterate RP? Where nobody can read what anyone else is reading?? Jokes aside, I require prospective RP-ers to be fully capable of farting out 5 chonky paragraphs, though I only expect 2 paragraphs at a minimum on a regular basis. I just need to know you’re capable, I don’t need you to shove your chonkiness in my face every post, though that is certainly welcome. How will I know you’re capable of chonkiness? Simple, I’ll request for a sample post with your application. If you’re unsure whether my pompous elitist ass will accept your writing, feel free to shoot the sample over before you work on the CS. By doing this, it is not my intention of belittling those who are less able in this regard. Everyone starts from somewhere, but there is space for learning and there is also space for enjoying visual orgasms elicited when I read your carefully arranged communication symbols. Arguably there is both, but this is more of the latter.

♅ Posting frequency. Once a week. More is welcome. If you are unable, just let me know. I can be reasonable to you know? Just keep me updated. 2 weeks of absence with not a single poop will get you the kicker.

♅ There will be no posting order unless specified. Usually for special events or fights. But if you are capable of posting novels every few hourslord bless you by all means, indulge us but please be reasonable and allow others to catch up. Cake is good. More cake is good. Gluttony not so much.

♅ You will begin the RP as part of a special police taskforce dubbed Division 13. This profession is not mandatory but is highly encouraged otherwise you will miss out on proper participation of the Prologue. The Prologue itself starts in the year, 2040. Approximately 2 years before the actual year much of the RP will be in. Your character may change their profession during the break as being part of it may not mean much when the shit hits the fan. More on Division 13 in the lore.

♅ The RP will be dark, gritty and at times, gory. It may explore sickening themes not intended for less mature audiences. The only limits are what is permitted by RPN. Do consider these things before joining.

♅ If there is ample support, I will create a Discord for OOC. But if you do not wish to be part of Discord, I’ll make use of the in-site OOC for important information.

Last edited:
now this is quite interesting, consider me intrigued!

Awesome sauce, I'll get the lore up soonest so you guys have something more concrete to work with!

Most of the lore has been uploaded! Enough for character creation to begin ^3^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back