• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Suggestion Private roleplays/Anti-metagame feature

Lorsh

Varlot
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I've always liked the idea of GMing a PvP-type roleplay with two or more players that would not be able to anticipate the actions of the other(s). Probably something with stealth combat, or squad tactics. Even Nation Building type stuff could benefit from this.

To do serious PvP stuff, the other player can't look at what their adversary is planning or doing. The GM usually manages the flow of information. With the current system, if someone wanted to cheat, they could easily just find the other player's personal thread/post and peek at it.

These RPs could be done with conversations, but... eh, I don't know. I'd like for such concepts to be actual roleplays that are viewable publicly after they're concluded, to show that they exist.

Would it be possible for private/restricted access threads to be implemented somehow? To prevent ERP, they'd be viewable by mods, obviously.

This would be a fantastic feature for my RP Fire Emblem Divide. It's a PvP RP where players are split into two teams and as the GM I am a completely neutral non-participant. Each team currently has a private message serving as their team chat. It's working out well enough, and it's especially handy if you have email notifications. But to have a record of everything when it's all said and done for the opposite team to view would be cool. It would also help me contain more information within the thread instead of outside of it, such as the location of invisible traps. I imagine this would only be supported for Hosted Projects what with the many threads they're allowed to have and the ability to give other players certain permissions and I'm so down for that.

That's exactly the type of stuff I'm talking about, though I was hoping I wouldn't have to make a hosted project for it.

For me, I was thinking of having a post-apocalyptic roleplay where two players serve as leaders of rival survivor groups, who compete for resources and try to eliminate each other. Can't have any snooping on it.

This is something that would be possible - probably - in an HP system. In the IPS HP system, the owner of the RP could set up roles and who could view what per forum. However, with how the current HP system is right now, not sure it's possible since moderators do no set up HPs or permissions, which are basically just customized sub-forums.

However, there is something that may be coming soon... -insert teaser trailer here- ...as far as HPs go...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back