• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings [PRIVATE] Cyberpunk Fantasy Roleplay: Central City Welcomes You

Liore

Considering how bubbly Phoenix was, it really surprised him to hear her slide in the kind of comments he'd only expect out of Sophia. Granted, that woman was far more direct with her flirting, and those she teased the most were officers. Every time, she'd be the first to know who was a cop in plain clothes in any given room. Perhaps it was the privilege of growing up in a place where she probably had ex-cops acting as her bodyguards. Not even twenty-four hours had gone by and he already kinda missed that loud woman. He would rather have her banter instead of having a nymph clinging to his arm like they were a couple. It was their best cover, sure, but he'd prefer to keep some damn personal space after having her head on his lap all night long.

He swung the door open for them and they sat down at a table near the window, the closest they could to where their car was parked. Phoenix rested her head over her left hand, leaning over the table as she tapped her fingers over it with her free hand. The place was mostly empty, with only a couple of people spread across the place here and there. The androids were only in charge of the kitchen, from the looks of things.

"Order first," she said with a yawn. "I'm bored."

She was quite adaptable, almost frighteningly so. Liore activated his Oculus, and he saw a small QR code appear on the table. A few seconds later, the menu was displayed on a hologram that hovered over his side of the table.

A pair of blue eyes turned toward him, and the woman in front of him began to pout.

"You want me to order for you, right?"

She looked away from him, straightening up before crossing her arms. "Hmph!"

The young man raised an eyebrow. What was that supposed to mean? After a moment, she peeked at his menu again, but the moment their eyes met, she hmphed again and turned her attention away from him. What could she want? Good god, he had passed so much time as a single man he had forgotten most women were like this. Sophia was truly an exception to all the rules, and mostly for the better. An elven girl sat on the table in front of them, casually eyeing them with the kind of curiosity Liore really didn't want on him at this very moment. He took his Occulus off and flipped the hologram over to her side.

"Fine. Hmph all day if you like, just order something for yourself, and be quick about it."

Her gaze lit up and she began to scroll down the breakfast options, going way past the egg section. Her whole attention had been absorbed by the pictures of pancakes and waffles. So, all this time she wanted the menu. She could've just said that and been done with it.

"Didn't you want eggs, Phoenix?"

"Hm..." she said as she finally made her choice. Field berry pancakes. "But you really owe me pancakes after last night."

Liore did not have to look towards the elven girl to know exactly what kind of expression she might have and what kind of thoughts were going through her head. He still kept his cool, taking back the hologram to his side to order a cup of black coffee and some toast with peanut butter. "Okay, sure. You're right. Let's talk about that part later."

She gave him a bright smile, nodding enthusiastically at him. "Sure! We got all the time in the world, don't we?"

It was too late now. Phoenix had made their cover take a weird turn and there was no coming back from this. At least not until they were out of this place once and for all.

Their meal was mostly silent, and though Ren did do her best to eat as if she had eaten pancakes all her life, there was this little spark in her eyes that let through just how much she was really enjoying every bite. It was endearing. Just slightly so.

After he paid cash, they left just like they had come. Once both of them were at the back of the car, Liore turned on his Oculus again to set their route to the safehouse. As soon as he was done, the car drove itself out of the parking and set down the small neighbourhood street the diner was on.

"Oh, Liore. I noticed an elven girl was staring a lot at us. But I think she was staring at you the most. Do you know her?"

"No," he answered, "But I know exactly why she started to watch us like that."

The nymph tilted her head, "So why would she do it? Is she some scout from the cops?"

"I don't think so." He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Phoenix, you just gotta understand you can't just say I owe you pancakes like that."

Phoenix did not seem to have any idea of what he was talking about at all. "But why not? Is it not a way of saying 'Thank you'?"

"Oh, it's a way of saying 'thank you' alright. A morning-after kind of thank you." he said, turning his attention to her.

The nymph froze in place, and even through her disguise, her face grew red by the second. "Ah. Okay, uh, wow." She cupped her cheeks with her hands. "Goodness, that must've been so awkward for you. I'm so sorry, Liore."

Last edited:
Salvator

Salvator walked down the stairs to the basement, having a steady look on his face despite of everything he read into about their suspect. With the files he have in hand, he was just about ready to question their prisoner. Salvator wasn’t sure how cooperative she will be, but hopefully they’ll get something out of it relating to the kidnapping of the nymph.

As Salvator walked in the room, he noticed how Ruby was tensing up and glaring at the suspect who seemingly to be enjoying the reaction she got from the demon. He didn’t know what they said to each other but it was a good thing he showed up.

“Alright, let’s get this interrogation done and over with,” Salvator announced his arrival. “Sorry if I took long…there was just a lot to print out. Ruby, make sure the interrogation room is ready,” Salvator ordered, nodding his head towards the direction of the said room.

Ruby huffed as she walked away, leaving Blue with Salvator for the moment. He watched her leave before turning his head to the chuckling half-dragon. “You don’t seem to mind the predicament you’re in,” he commented, frowning at her as he began to approach the cell door to open.

“I guess you could say I really don’t care what will happen to me in the end,” she responded with a shrug.

Salvator sighed but didn’t offer any more words as he got the cage open. He got her to walk into the interrogation room with no problem and Ruby was waiting around for them. Yet, she seem to be fixated on the missing part of the table. She vaguely gestured towards it and Salvator immediately knew what she was asking about. He could only glance at Blue who walked in behind and Ruby caught on that.

With Salvator securing their prisoner’s chains and having her seated, Ruby closed the door and settled to stand by it. Blue sit by her and seem to freeze in place as it was on standby. Salvator went ahead to sit on the other side of the table, putting down the files and took a moment to collect his thoughts before he can start interrogating her.

“I don’t think I seen an officer with a collar on before.” Salvator didn’t think she would talk first and immediately he got annoyed. “It looks good on you, you’re matching with your dog there.”

“No one asked,” Ruby hissed out, anger in her voice.

“Sophia Gailis,” Salvator interrupted quickly. “…or is it Verdengea? Which do you prefer?”

Silence settled over them and Salvator could hear the slight hum from Blue’s engine running and eventually, Sophia settled back in her seat, appearing comfortable. “Gailis, if you will.”

“Great, now let me just cut to the chase. You are here because you killed one of our officers, but we also have the reason to believe you are involved with kidnapping.”

“You mean the bird boy? Man, he was shaking in his boots when he saw me. Are those of type of men you’re letting in the force?” Sophia scoffed. “Kinda pathetic.”

“Officer Collymore wasn’t pathetic,” Ruby gritted out.

“Heh, and who was he? Your boyfriend?” She taunted but that didn’t seem to hit the mark in Ruby. “What’s the big deal anyways? Many cops drop dead nowadays in this fucking city.”

“Well this particular officer seem to stand out more, if you ask me,” Salvator said, pulling out a photo of an older looking griffin before sliding it over to Sophia. “Officer Seth Collymore, he was assigned in District 28 and on road for his promotion until suddenly, someone in particular got angry and killed a lot of innocent officers. I believe I heard about this incident, definitely the talk of the town. Especially when the suspect ended up in jail instead meeting death.” Sophia grown quiet as she studied the photo he gave her. “You probably met him, considering that in your background mentioned you being enrolled as an officer. Seth Collymore has a younger brother, Pluto, of whom you killed recently. I suppose the justice you received back then was unfair for Pluto and the moment you served your time in jail was apparently the drive that Pluto needed to become an officer. Who would’ve thought he would run into his older brother’s killer years later? Fate definitely work in mysterious ways…the family won’t be so thrilled knowing they just lost another one of their offsprings to murderers such as yourself.”

“…huh, is this your way trying to guilt trip me to talk?” Sophia questioned, flinging the photo away. “I admit…I think I got tickled for a moment but eh, the moment passed. Its not my problem his older brother got involved in the first place, plus, I think I did the city a favor in that district. Full of nothing but dirty cops.”

“And so I have heard, or at least, they were rumors to us back here,” Salvator sighed. “Either way, seeing that you killed another Collymore will surely secured a ticket to a death sentence, or imprisonment for life. Knowing this, surely you will talk about your involvement with kidnapping…right?”

“Eeeeeeh, how do you even know its me?” Sophia said, shaking her head. “You could’ve been chasing after the wrong lady. Why would I kidnap a nymph?”

“Dunno, you ask me. We have video footage of you and your buddy leaving the clinic.” Salvator didn’t want to mention the fact that it was a shitty footage but he can get her to slip up about it. “Unless you have alibi to prove me wrong?”Sophia went quiet at that and he felt satisfied. “It would be best if you start talking.”

“No…I don’t think I will,” she said with a shrug.

“Seriously? Even when facing death or the possibility of not seeing the day of light, you still won’t talk?” Salvator asked, mildly surprised. “I’m sure we can encourage you to say something…”

Blue stood up as if on cue and approached to Sophia with a low growl. “Oh, the dog isn’t just for show then,” she said, staring at the K9.

“Why was the nymph hiding out at the doctor’s clinic? Was Doctor François involved in this kidnapping?”

“Hmm dunno, why don’t you ask him yourself?” Sophia asked, still keeping her eyes on Blue.

“We tried and he died later in the day,” Salvator answered with a frown. “Likely because he got involved in the first place.”

“Woah, he died? What happened?”

“That’s none of your business, just answer the question,” Salvator grumbled as Blue started to show more aggressive signs.

“What was that? Your dog here is a bit too loud for me to hear you,” Sophia answered, as if she was straining to actually listen to Salvator.

“Fucking…” Salvator sighed heavily and eventually Blue stand down, but the K9 kept staring at Sophia with ears perked up. “Fine, don’t talk about the clinic. What about your accomplice, we know there were two of you involved with the kidnapping.”

“Why are we calling it ‘kidnapping’, I think what I did was a rescue mission from those goblins.”

“Accomplice,” Salvator reminded her.

“Who? You mean that guy who been with me? Don’t know them,” Sophia sighed.

“They literally got in your apartment.”

“They did? What a fucking creep- wait, were you guys stalking me?”

“You’re not asking the questions here,” Salvator hissed out. “Who were you traveling with? Where is the nymph? What makes this nymph so special?”

“Woah, rapid firing questions there. I can see that you’re upset but maybe stick to your own speed, old man, and let’s take this slow-“ Sophia wasn’t able to finish her sentence as Ruby came in with a solid punch to her face. It was a bit unexpected but even Salvator was getting annoyed with Sophia not cooperating with them. She definitely seem like she didn’t care of what the future has in store for her but she won’t be so willing to rat out her friend.

“Wow, darling, I didn’t think you know how to punch,” Sophia growled out, recovering from the blow but Salvator could see Ruby tensing up once again.

“Ruby,” he tried to warn but Ruby went ahead to deal a second blow. That one seem to hit harder as Sophia had to spit out blood. After the second contact, Ruby’s collar seem to act up as the demon pulled away with a strained look on her face.

“Feisty, I like it,” Sophia huffed. “I can see why she needs a collar.”

Whatever discomfort Ruby felt was enough for her leave Sophia alone, starting to pluck up a few scales at seem to stick to her hand from punching. Salvator sighed before looking at Sophia again. She seems to be smug about getting hit, the area on her face where Ruby hit her seem to go red. If asking questions directly about her mission wasn’t going to work then…

“You’re lucky she has a collar on,” he said, stretching out his arms. “It seems that you’re not too willing to cooperate with us, even after being threatened and hit. Let me try something different then…do you know anything of the Ryuu-kai? From what I heard, they had a chat with the goblins of which prompted them to go after the nymph in the first place.”

“Know anything? Eh…I know they don’t like half-breeds,” Sophia answered, frowning at the table. “They’re the inclusive types, you know.”

“A lot of gangs are inclusive but as if late, the goblins seem to have a new leader ordering them around,” Salvator explained. “And from what I heard, he is no goblin.”

“I don’t know anything on what’s going on with that gang,” Sophia mumbled. “Don’t know why you’re telling me this.”

“The thing is, apparently the Ryuu-kai went to the goblins to make a deal. Of which prompted the goblins to go after the nymph in the first place. One of them told me that this particular nymph witnessed something the Ryuu-kai did,” Salvator explained.

“The Ryuu-kai don’t like it when outsiders catch them doing something they’re not supposed to do…” Sophia mumbled, trailing off as she seem to be thinking about something.

“Its more strange that the lone nymph got away from a good couple of dragons, too,” Salvator added in.

“Heey, I have nothing to do with that, honestly! I supposed she just got lucky.”

“Would you say Doctor François helped this nymph escape from the dragons?” He asked, folding his arms.

“Eh, maybe? That’ll be an impressive feat for him to accomplish. Orc against dragons,” Sophia scoffed.

“…do you know who is Doctor François is?” Salvator decided to ask.

“You mentioned he died…”

“He did…his family is currently mourning for him. If you do have any relations with him or know what he been up to before meeting his demise…” He left it open ended, figuring that Sophia would probably understand what he was asking about.

“…say, has those goblins you mentioned talked about anything else of the Ryuu-kai?” She asked instead.

“What of it?” Salvator questioned, frowning at her.

“…information ain’t free, chief. I do know Doctor François, but I won’t let an interrogation force that kind of information out of me. If you want to know more about him, then I want something in return.”

“Now why would we do that for you?” Salvator asked her.

“Who knows, maybe it can help you figure out this mysterious nymph, maybe not. You two seem to be struggling a lot about this kidnapping stuff.”

Salvator stayed quiet as he think it over, but Ruby spoke up for him. “What is this favor you’re asking from us?”

“…I have a friend, his name is Mist. I have a reason to believe that something happened to him with the Ryuu-kai and I just want to know what it was,” she explained to them.

“And if we can’t find anything about your friend, then what? Back to square one?” Salvator grumbled.

“Mmm, yeah, I suppose that’s how it is,” Sophia said with a small shrug.

“Why trade information with Doctor François? Why not about the nymph?” Ruby huffed out, walking back over to Sophia.

“I’m giving you a fair shot here,” Sophia explained with a grin. “I say you should take it, considering the fact I gave you guys nothing useful to work with.”

“She is, unfortunately, right, but that doesn’t exactly mean that this is over. Considering the fact you won’t tell us anything about the kidnapping…we’ll use a different method to approach this,” Salvator said, standing up. He won’t say it but he does want to look into the matter of Doctor François. Or rather, settle it.

“Like you said, being threatened or injured ain’t the trick here,” Sophia said, a little confused.

“Yep, I did say that. I hope you ate well before coming here, Miss Gailis, because it might be awhile before your next meal.”

The two eventually stepped out of the room, leaving Blue to watch her and they both collectively sighed. No one needs to say it but that was hard to go through with someone who doesn’t want to cooperate. Forcing her to starve could be a good way to get her to start talking but it just might take awhile considering how dismissive she has been whenever he talked about the kidnap.

So for now, Salvator considers to look into what Sophia mentioned about her friend. He doesn’t know how long it will take, so maybe she will start talking first before they can know anything about Mist but either way, there was that werewolf problem they need to check with. Seeing that they have clear evidence, they were clear to arrest Zachary for threatening the system, destroying the city’s property, and interfering with the investigation. However, it would be a problem to go in after him when Ruby got a collar on her…

Of which that reminds him, didn’t Luis told him that he’ll get new recruits in eventually?

MementoDei MementoDei

Sophia
She was returned to her cell after the interrogation and remained there in silence. Until the night came. The officer in charge of her left and was soon replaced by a familiar face.

“Oh, but look who’s gonna be my guardian angel for the night,” she said with a grin from her cell, “I suppose I can rest assured, even without magic, you might give somewhat of a fight to the beast who came here before.”

The demoness remained silent, though her anger seemed somewhat more tamed. How boring.

The half-dragon sighed, “What happened to all that fire you had going in that interrogation, honey? The boss got mad at ya? This is why you cops are all pathetic. My kind of boss would love it if I roughed up a prisoner." She yawned, "Man, I'm getting a bit hungry…”

The officer's gaze remained cold, “Talk and you get food.”

She raised an eyebrow, “Oh, that simple? Fine, I’ll talk, but you gotta promise you won’t act like you’re a fucking wall, hear me?”

“Where’s the nymph?”

Her tone was stern, but that's what made it interesting.

Sophia approached the gate of her cell, leaning over the bars, “Good question, officer; tell you what, the name of that nymph is Carmen Sandiego and I, too, wonder where in the world she is.”

A small frown. Good.

“Too bad, it looks like there’s no food for you tonight, Gailis.” the demoness growled, turning her attention away from her.

“Hmm, shame. The beast’s gonna have a light meal once it’s done with me, then." She huffed, "You better hope I’m the only soul around or you’re gonna wind up seeing more of your platonic boyfriends getting vivisected.”

“What are you talking about?” The demoness asked, squinting at her.

Sophia smirked, “Oh, angel, I’m here because I’m a criminal, not because I’m stupid or blind. Or both. I noticed I don’t have any cellmates, yet I can still smell goblin blood here. You're apparently getting more than one newbie or so I heard. Not to mention all these damages around me. It ain’t hard to put two and two together.”

The officer crossed her arms, “You shouldn’t worry about that beast. He’ll be behind bars soon.”

“Oh, you got more than one department tracking him? Good, then. Best you bring the best you got. Cream of the crop. Or better yet, bring an army of newbies with you. They make the best meat shields. I got a feeling the guy’s not gonna go down as easily as you think.” She sighed, her tone growing more serious as she looked at the officer. “I mean, if it were me and I was drunk enough to hit you right in your home turf and leave you enough clues for you to track me down, I’d be preparing a warm welcome."

She let silence float for a moment. The officer was paying attention, but not enough to her liking. "That or I’d make sure someone else could take the fall for me. If those goblins were really on some Ryuu-kai errand, then the one who got them was a hell of a pissy boss. You sure you can handle a guy like that?”

“How do you know it’s their boss?” she asked, uncrossing her arms and leaning alightly forward. Perfect.

She scoffed, “Why that’s obvious, angel. Small, leaderless trash like filthy goblins only survive by cleaning the boots of a boss. And they missed a huge spot this time around, clearly." She paused, studying the interest of the demon officer in front of her. So that little piece in their puzzle was of interest to them. That could help get some heat of Liore and if speaking about that beast meant some Ryuu-kai bastards went down, she'd take that deal.

"They had to pay with blood whether they sang to you or not. And since the boss hit you here, they ain't afraid of you. Only really bad motherfuckers or crazy bastards do stunts like these. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he came for me next." She walked back to her bed and laid over her back, arms behind her head. "If you, darling, punched me because you suspect that I have this nymph you're desperate to find, imagine what the guy who turned your district into a slaughterhouse might do."

"If you cooperate with us, we'll ensure your safety," the demoness said.

She laughed, "Yeah sure you will, angel. Pardon me if I don't take that promise seriously. In any case, I ain't afraid to die to that beast. My problem is that I'll be croaking without having much of a chance to even fight back. Considering I don't have my magic and that you'll starve me," She chuckled dryly, "I'll be dying like a fucking pussy. If I'm going down, might as well take one of the motherfucker's eyes with me, see what I mean?"

Silence. Sophia glanced at her jailor. She looked somewhat shocked, but quickly shook that expression off. She had clearly struck a chord.

"I take it that you understand. Good."

"Who were you to François?" She sounded completely confused. How odd.

"Where is Mist, officer?"

The red-haired demoness shook her head, "Was your pal the murderer? Why would you cover for them?"

Oh, so that was how she connected the dots. Sophia took a deep breath, "Ah, so François lost an eye when he got killed. Sorry to disappoint you, angel, but no matter how many pals you try to pin on me, it doesn't change the fact I'm a fish big enough to swim alone…" she paused and crossed her legs. "I meet people every now and then but I don't ask who they are and why they're there. I just do my thing and claim my pay, like most people out there. It's just a job."

"So, you're a hitman."

Sophia nodded, "I'll admit to that much, just for you, angel. Which is why it's so fucking weird to me that you believe I'd save some random nymph out in the wild. That's below my paycheque and far beyond my entire skillset."

The demoness seemed to be thinking back on something, casting her gaze down, but as soon as Sophia crossed her legs the other way around, the demoness glanced back at her.

"I heard you're leaving me in the care of your boring newbies starting tomorrow, so I thought I'd give you things to think about." Sophia yawned, "Think of it as a way to keep you from falling asleep on-duty. If you fall asleep on me, I'll find ways to wake your ass up. Your locks look pretty shitty anyhow."

The officer straightened up on her chair, clearly taking her threat seriously. Well, good. She was always half serious when talking about things like that.

"Seth Collymore," Sophia mused, "Seth, Sethy boy." She paused, briefly pressing her lips. Her voice was softer, carrying the remnants of her guilt. "Not a bad dude, actually. Shame he worked for assholes without asking questions."

She scoffed, "I mean, seriously, if you're a dude who takes a disowned heiress seriously enough to quietly discharge her after her first week because you believe she has the right to choose what she wants to do with her life…Why would you not find it strange when your pals and your boss suddenly start having so many reports of disorderly conduct and DUIs of the said heiress. And on top of that, they personally transfer them to every hospital so said heiress gets automatically rejected before they even take a look at her resume? Not only that but also other office jobs, so the only option left is some shady construction work because the boss is an actual degenerate drunk? It's almost as if they're deliberately putting a little collar on her to force her back into the academy."

Sophia glanced at her jailor, "If I could choose to change one thing from my old life it'd be to have insisted to Seth to go home instead of letting him accompany me to face the chief of 28. The records were only half of the story. And, truth be told, besides not getting a good job, a lotta other things were driving me to my wit's end back then."

The half-dragon took a deep breath, "Not that it matters. At the end of the day I popped everyone's head like balloons, assuming they were far enough from me. I turned the bodies of the closest people to me into literal mincemeat…" she nervously licked her lips. "Not sure if it says that on my file, but Seth's hand was still on my shoulder by the time I came to my senses. That's all I left of him and I don’t even remember what happened after he told me to stop crying. Picture this: I was in an office and there were people all around me, even walking around outside of the said office. All normal, Wednesday evening shit. Next thing I know, I'm standing in a pile of minced flesh and rubble, completely covered in blood."

She yawned again, "I felt like talking more, but now that I remember, your bossman is starving me. So I'll just hit the hay. Gotta save some energy, ya know? Have a good one, angel."

She turned to her left, giving her back to her jailor and closed her eyes.

Late Late

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back