• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Pride Lions- Open to all!

Kitteh

professional breather
Heya! This is a new take on your typical lion rp inspired in part by both 'My Pride' and 'The Lion King'- and by that I mean a few prides, (at current times three to fill! though prideless will be considered and more will be added with enough interest/time!). Along with the usual hierarchy (Ruled by a dominant male lion and any lesser males kept as an heir or to enforce rules, females hunt, further the bloodline with cubs and defend the territory where needed.)

In this world there are no humans, and for this rp hybrids will not be allowed (e.g. Ligers, or other crosses.) However, there are a few slight changes, for rps sake;
1619387235184.png
1- Conquering males do not kill the cubs of prides they take over, and you have to discuss with whoever is playing the current ruler if you want to take over/kill them.

2- Family relationships other than immediate family aren't looked at. If your lions are siblings, they can't become mates, but if they're cousins and it's not a major thing, e.g. best friends because they're cousins, they can.

3- Males may not be kicked out of the pride once reaching a certain age- IF they are either a. The ruler's son by direct blood, b. the ruler allows it or c. Doesn't have a son.

4- Females aren't simply there to hunt and laze about. If your character has permission from the ruler, they can do something else. (Healing, defense, and patrols are your options.)
-Healers do just that- heal. They know herbs and medicine and have a vague understanding of how bodies work.
-Defenders are camp defenders. They make sure cubs don't wander off when the pride is travelling, watch out for threats, and stay alert on shifts. They do not leave camp on shift unless there is an emergency (e.g. cub wanders off and is lost.)
-Patrollers make sure no lone lions are sneaking onto their pride's territory to hunt. Pretty simple job, just watch over the territory.
-Hunters are hunters. They provide food to the pride.

5- Males of a pride that are not the ruler & are over 3 years of age- are known as Heirs. An Heir is expected to work as a Hunter, Patroller, or Defender, because you can switch jobs there- however, if they choose to become a healer it is a lifetime position and tends to be looked down upon. (As they are essentially throwing away their chance to rule a pride of their own.)

-- Of course, every pride is different based on their Ruling Male. Some males are stricter and have more Heirs to help keep control on their pride. Heirs may not challenge the ruling male, and the oldest Heir or closest related to the last ruler will be next in line when he dies.

1619386999122.png

Currently there are 3 prides, with premade character roles for each:
(the listed rulers can be altered as long as they keep the essence of them alive)

Prides:

Dismal Pride:

Ruler: Abyss- A battle scarred lion with no current heirs. Oldest current Ruler. (Open)
Heirs:
Healers: Ikila- Abyss's mate. Expecting a litter of cubs, and the gentlest lion in the lands. ( @
Cosmos
Cosmos Cosmos )

Hunters:
Defenders: Kali- Strict lioness. Smart and disciplined. ( SilverFlight SilverFlight )
Patrollers:
Cubs:

Regal Pride:
Ruler: Kayzu- A younger male, having just inherited his Pride. Bit of a show-off, but a solid and fair ruler. ( SilverFlight SilverFlight SilverFlight SilverFlight )
Heirs: Justice- Unrelated to Kayzu, a huge and imposing lion. Very protective of his close ones. (Open.)
Healers: Hana- Quiet and reserved lioness. White with a few black spots. ( gingingin gingingin )
Hunters:
Defenders: Grace- Mates with Kayzu. She's playful and serious when it comes to her job. ( Kitteh Kitteh Kitteh Kitteh 's character. [Mine])
Patrollers:
Cubs:

Clouded Pride:
Ruler: Smokey- A huge male with loads of brothers. Very strict and hot-tempered. (Open.)
Heirs: Timber- Smokey's oldest brother. Very good at enforcing his brother's rules and keeping lions in line. (Open.)
Grayling- Voice of reason. Smartest lion in his pride and brilliant strategist. (Open.)
Healers:
Hunters:
Defenders:
Patrollers:
Cubs:

Prideless Lions:
-Ember: Lesbian lioness with a fiery temper to match her name
-Scarlett: Non-binary lion with a docile temperament.
//

|| Pride Relationship Dynamics ||
The Clouded Pride is trying to spark a war with the Dismal Pride- and in response the Dismal Pride, being smaller in numbers- is working on getting the Regal Pride on their side.

That's about all! Thanks for reading <3 Please leave a message below if interested in joining & feel free to head over to the cs sheet thread to create your character(/s)! :bishiesparklesl::bishiesparklesl:

1619387032625.png

Thank you!
~Kitteh.
(Just a note- for the time being I'm only accepting three prideless lions until prides are filled!)
When you're accepted, I'll add your character to the list.
You can have as many characters as you like, as long as you can handle playing all of them.

LINKS:

CS Page Here: Realistic or Modern - Pride Lions Character sheets
RP Thread Here: Realistic or Modern - Pride Lions RP Thread

(You may have seen the original thread- there's been a lot of updates done to it so we decided to make a new one :> )​

Last edited:
Great! Did you have any questions about the lore, the premade characters, ect?
It all seems very clear. I have a character who would fit as the Regal pride leader, but could also be a defender or hunter. I'm not picky. When I have time I also like making art for the characters. ^-^

It all seems very clear. I have a character who would fit as the Regal pride leader, but could also be a defender or hunter. I'm not picky. When I have time I also like making art for the characters. ^-^
You can totally have your character as Regal Pride leader- So long as they aren't wildly different (e.g. suddenly a bloodthirsty warlord) you can alter Truth all you like.

You can totally have your character as Regal Pride leader- So long as they aren't wildly different (e.g. suddenly a bloodthirsty warlord) you can alter Truth all you like.
Oh yeah, Kayzu is super similar, he's not that serious, but it would be fun watching him grow as a leader. This is a pic of him, and I can remove the stripes if they really don't work with your thread. I drew it so, super easy to alter the file.
Kayzu.jpg

Would I be able to keep his name? I am also ok with Truth if you need to keep it for plot reasons.

Oh yeah, Kayzu is super similar, he's not that serious, but it would be fun watching him grow as a leader. This is a pic of him, and I can remove the stripes if they really don't work with your thread. I drew it so, super easy to alter the file.

Would I be able to keep his name? I am also ok with Truth if you need to keep it for plot reasons.
You can totally keep the name- I'm not attached to Truth at all, just the name I came up with randomly. And there's no problem with the stripes, so long as they're not from him being a hybrid. But yeah, he seems just about perfect!

You can totally keep the name- I'm not attached to Truth at all, just the name I came up with randomly. And there's no problem with the stripes, so long as they're not from him being a hybrid. But yeah, he seems just about perfect!
His original story is he's a liger, but I can just not have that in his backstory, it could be dye. That's definitely something Kayzu would do. He is big, which makes sense as Justice is the heir.

His original story is he's a liger, but I can just not have that in his backstory, it could be dye. That's definitely something Kayzu would do. He is big, which makes sense as Justice is the heir.
Yeah- They can just be a family thing too, since realistic lion patterns aren't a must. Obviously no bright pink and green lions with unicorn horns and wings, but some stripes are totally fine ^^

Yeah- They can just be a family thing too, since realistic lion patterns aren't a must. Obviously no bright pink and green lions with unicorn horns and wings, but some stripes are totally fine ^^
As cool as that sounds, I agree XD

Just a note: We need one more player to get started, as we already have Grace, Kayzu, and Inky here.
We will still be accepting new lions after, though.

Just a note: We need one more player to get started, as we already have Grace, Kayzu, and Inky here.
I know it can take a little time. No worries. I just joined this one, others I've been waiting for weeks and...I don't think they're gonna start...

omg kitteh is hosting this rp?!? i gotta join.. is there a way i can make a cub character? if not, then I'll either take Abyss or Justice!

omg kitteh is hosting this rp?!? i gotta join.. is there a way i can make a cub character? if not, then I'll either take Abyss or Justice!
Hi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you can totally make a cub- Might've forgotten to add to the allegiances list lol. But it's up to you ^^

ah okay! tysmm! also, just to ask, for Inky, when would her cubs be born? I kinda wanted to rp as one of Inky's cubs because I thought that would be cute!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back