• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy pretty monsters // a supernatural rp

allure

angel eyes ♡
V E L L E
yoko kanno

PRETTY MONSTERS
WHITE SHOALS is a secret town hidden away on a rocky coast, one of the few fully-supernatural communities in the world. It's a place filled with magic and danger, where a precarious balance exists between the creatures living there. To the west of the cozy residential area, a grassy bluff dotted with houses and shops, is The Forest. Only hunters and the immensely foolish enter The Forest. The magical hunters only return a fraction of the time, and the few human hunters who find The Forest fall prey to the vampires, the Fae, and countless other nasties. After all, the witches' barriers only protect the town itself from nosy humans. So when a group of mysterious newcomers suddenly emerge from that hellish place, White Shoal's residents don't quite know what to do.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

This RP will be developed through a series of arcs or episodes, each focused on one of the "main characters" (a member of the group of newcomers). The RP will require dedication from all players in order to survive due to its freeform nature, so I'm expecting accepted players to contribute to the plot. Everyone who wants to join has to have a Discord for OOC stuff. Those who want to play a main character should be especially active in order for this to succeed since these characters will be involved in all of the arcs. To give y’all an idea of writing level, I’m expecting at the very least two paragraphs per post.
Here are the roles for the main characters (small changes to each may be made after the actual CS thread is created). All of them are friends from college, each with their own goal and reason for coming to White Shoals. It's up to the player to decide their motivations, which will determine what happens in their arc. I've already given each role a gender just to make writing their descriptions easier, but I don't really care about the specifics as long as there ends up being an equal amount of males and females.

THE TEMPTER - As one of the more assertive members of the group, he and the The Blue Princess could be considered the leaders. He was the most popular one out of all of them in college. Perhaps not a social butterfly, but he definitely knew how to get what he wanted. He needs those persuasive skills in this completely different world, where magic matters more than anything. Other creatures in White Shoals tend to look down on him because he is a lesser demon. While potentially dangerous to humans, he is rarely a threat in White Shoals and can expect to be seen as eye candy at best and as a pest at worst. It’s sure to be a shock since, in the human world that he is accustomed to, he’s only ever been someone powerful and desirable (or so his friends believe). As a lesser demon, his upbringing should have been similar to a human’s, but he is very secretive about his past. . .
species_ incubus

THE SEER - The most human member of the group, she sees herself as totally ordinary despite having the uncanny power to see visions of the future, something witches go to great lengths just to pull off once. She comes from a long line of fortune tellers. The girl used to find this immensely embarrassing due to the fact that she, like almost everyone else, believed that her mother was a fake and a scam artist masquerading under a veneer of crystal balls and tea leaves. However, her grandmother used to tell her tales of a faraway place where a dragon granted her ancestor the gift of clairvoyance, a place she described as a small town on a rocky beach surrounded by woods, a place The Seer has seen in her visions. But the girl’s visions failed to warn her that the group would be attacked following their arrival to The Forest. Thanks to the efforts of The Mage, everyone was left with only some cuts and scrapes except for The Seer herself, who also sustained two telltale punctures in her wrist.
species_ human (?)

THE BLUE PRINCESS (TAKEN) - She's the last royal member of her mer-tribe. Born off the coast of White Shoals into a raging war between her tribe and several others, she was taken far away as a baby for her own safety and to ensure the survival of her royal bloodline. Her family paid a small fortune to one of the witches in White Shoals for a bracelet that would give the young princess human legs whenever she wore it, to ensure that she would not be found out by humans, and then sent her to live with a community of naiads. Despite the generous compensation they had received from the tribe, the naiads are fickle. They soon tired of the little thing and left her at the doorstep of a family of humans: the family of The Seer. Despite being an adult now, there is great doubt as to whether she’s prepared for or even wants the responsibilities waiting her in the sea off the coast of White Shoals.
species_ mermaid

THE CURSED - He might look perfectly healthy, but he's actually living on borrowed time. He was someone who toyed with the feelings of others with little regard for the pain he left in his wake. It was a stroke of bad luck when he decided that his next conquest would be a spirited little witch, an older student whose magic was so strong that it nearly threw sparks from her hands. She was one of the few supernatural beings outside his ragtag group of friends who attended the same university, and he successfully won her love. But true to habit, he lost interest as quickly as he gained it, and he left her heartbroken... and vengeful. His spurned lover trapped him in a bitter curse, a curse so powerful that it appears impossible to break. This curse causes damage to his heart whenever he feels love for others. And as a werewolf, his own biology betrays him: his emotions are naturally attuned to other creatures. Having left his pack behind to travel with the group, he’s more sensitive and vulnerable than ever. It is only through the healing magic of The Blue Princess and The Fae-kin that he has been able to survive.
species_ werewolf

THE MAGE - Returning to White Shoals is not nearly as strange for her as it is for everyone else; after all, she grew up there. Orphaned at a young age, she was taken in by a notoriously powerful witch staying in White Shoals at the time. He raised her in the small town and then took him with her on his trips around the world, training her on how to use her magic along the way. Eventually, he pushed her to pursue a more mundane education, as he was a very old soul who sympathized with the humans. She reluctantly enrolled in university on the condition that she could drop out after a year if she didn’t like it. The deal would prove pointless after her mentor disappeared without a trace before the year was done. The question of whether he was killed or simply took the chance to abandon her haunts her still. She is the strongest magic-user in the group as well as being considerably older than the others (as it currently stands, she is the only immortal being in their team).
species_ witch

THE FAE-KIN - A changeling took his place when he was stolen away from his human family by the Fae in the dead of night as a baby. He was raised by the Fae as one of their own for years. He was their favored, beautiful child who became something not quite human, not quite Fae. His beauty, which was what had attracted the faeries in the first place, became so great as he grew that they granted him the ability to use a measure of Fae magic. They then allowed him to enter the human world once he reached a certain age, where he was somewhat estranged from social circles due to his penchant for treachery and manipulative behavior (just the influence of the Fae). The morals he was used to were flipped on their head; suddenly, charity was good and lying was bad. Still, he has learned compassion in his time away from his adoptive family, and it’s questionable whether they would even accept him back into their ranks.
species_ human/fae
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

The storyline of Arc 1 and the arc-specific roles that come from it will be determined by the results of a poll I will attach to the official CS thread (if this interest check gets that far), so it will take longer for me to finalize a list of those roles.

Disclaimer: Arc-specific roles are just as important as main characters, so don't worry about being shunted to the side if you don't want to commit to a main character. They basically become part of the group for that arc and then leave after everything is resolved.

Potentially interested (though I would like some more details before I commit, if possible). Would it be possible to reserve the Mage (assuming we each play one of the main characters primarily? do we share the roles?)?

Potentially interested (though I would like some more details before I commit, if possible). Would it be possible to reserve the Mage (assuming we each play one of the main characters primarily? do we share the roles?)?
yes, every rper will have their own character to play primarily. there is no sharing roles. i'm wary of allowing reservations thus far since i have no idea how many ppl will be interested in this rp but thank you for expressing interest!

I've been joining a lot of supernatural role plays, but this one is too good to pass. Color me interested!

I'm interested, good sire/madam.
I would love a position as the Werewolf, if I may.
i’ve decided not to allow reservations, sorry. thank you for expressing interest!

to everyone, i think this has gotten enough attention to warrant me starting work on the cs thread lol. since arc-specific roles will still need to be filled, though, i’m definitely open to more people popping in! tag your friends xD

Oh well, I might not be able to join in then as I take a long time to make a character (shortest being a few days) so anyone could be able to beat me to the punch. I'm still willing to give it the old college try, just don't be surprised if someone else takes the cake. ('>.>)

Oh well, I might not be able to join in then as I take a long time to make a character (shortest being a few days) so anyone could be able to beat me to the punch. I'm still willing to give it the old college try, just don't be surprised if someone else takes the cake. ('>.>)
oh, don’t worry, this won’t be first come first serve either. if i wanted that then i would be allowing reservations haha. most likely i’ll have a deadline and then choose the most qualified characters after that deadline. i’ll explain more after the threads and discord are made. again, thanks so much for staying interested~!

I'm always up for some fleshed out supernatural stories.
I'll definitely stick around and see where this goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back