• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

pretty girl who stabbed him / cute guy who shot her

"I'll take you to the hospital for observation," Kloude said, unphased. He returned to the counter for a moment to grab their food, watching Aria from the corner of his eye in case she ran. "Or you can stay at mine. Your friend already knows where it is if you're worried."

"I am not going to the hospital. I don't have the money, you most certainly are not going to pay for the expenses of that, and they wouldn't admit me anyway." Aria frowned at Kloude as she took her food from him. She sunk back into her seat, trying very hard to make eating a chicken nugget look intimidating, something she may have been able to pull off if she wasn't half his size.

Kloude grinned at her, that resolved things. "My apartment then. I have a spare room I don't use for jobs, so you'll have a bed and everything."

Aria's frowned deepened. "Don't look so happy, I'm mad at you. I will be perfectly fine at my own place, the only reason that I didn't argue against yours is because it was such a stupid suggestion that I though you were joking. There's like. Seventeen self-preservation rules against sleeping at a stranger's house. At least. Probably more. Definitely more against sleeping in someone else's apartment."

"Aria, just text Carter. He knows where I live, and if you're concerned he can come get you. I'm just worried," Kloude said, frowning at her. He wasn't trying to be inappropriate, he'd gathered that the flirting wasn't leading anywhere, but he was concerned. 

Aria almost flinched. "I- I- Uhm." Well, shit. "I... left my phone with Lily." Okay, probably not a very convincing lie. "... It died and I asked her to plug it in for me."

Kloude frowned at her, putting his burger down and pulling his phone out. "Do you know Carter's number?"

"I- Yes?" Aria pursed her lips slightly. "But- I mean." She frowned slightly, mumbling "لماذا يجب أن تكون عنيدة جدا؟" under her breath, shaking her head. "Yes."

(translation: Why do you have to be so stubborn?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Kloude handed his phone to her, returning to his burger. "You can add your number if you want." Just in case he was misunderstanding and she was interested.

Aria sighed, opening the messenger and tapping in Ray's number before entering in the actual message. 'Staying at someone's house, if you don't see me tomorrow call the cops'. Remarkably, despite the later hour she got a message back almost immediately.

'And this would be?'

Aria rolled her eyes. 'Aria? Your younger sister? The person who's kept you from getting murdered?'

Almost immediately, the phone rang, Ray's number flashing on the screen. Aria paused, finger hovering over the accept call button, glancing at Kloude. "Can I? It's Ray."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Go ahead," Kloude said, "I don't want him to think I've kidnapped you or anything."

(kloude thinks hes funny)

Aria raised an eyebrow as she hit accept and brought the phone up to her ear, immediately hit with a tired-sounding voice that most decidedly not belong to Ray. "So who's phone are you borrowing and are they who you're staying with?"

She leaned back into her seat, her lips tilting into an almost smirk. "I'll tell you as soon as you tell me why you answered Ray's phone immediately. After all, it's midnight, and I know his phone's in his room, Lil."

There was a pause on the other end, some muffled cursing, and finally, "I hate you."

"I knew it."

"I hate you."

Aria rolled her eyes, grinning. "I knew it. So much for being broken up."

"Leave it. Anyway, you were telling me who's phone?"

"Kloude's."

"Oh~"

"No."

"I see~"

"Stop."

"And you're staying at his place?"

"... Maybe?"

A pause and a giggle, before, "Have fun."
Aria's face flamed red. "I'm- Guest- It's not- I wouldn't- Guest room! Guest room. There's- I'd be sleeping- Spare- There's a spare room. I'd be sleeping in the spare room. Not- I wouldn't- No. No."

"Sure."
"No. Do not start this. That's not what's happening. I have a concussion and he's really stubborn. Lily, please." 

"Oh, so you're finally treating a concussion seriously?"

"It's not a serious-"

"Yeah, sure. And I guess you're refusing to admit you're homeless?"

Aria stayed silent, shifting lower in her seat, eyes dropping to the table even though the other girl couldn't see her.

"No offense, Ari, but for your sake, I hope he loses interest soon. I would not wanna be in your shoes when he realizes you aren't living anything close to a stable life, considering he doesn't even want you alone when you've got a concussion."

Aria decided to brush the part about him being interested off. "Yeah, okay. Are you gonna do what I said to do?"

"Nope. If you don't show up tomorrow and I don't get any texts or anything, I'm gonna come over and shoot him myself."

"Alright, thanks. Bye." She hung up, passing the phone back to Kloude. "Sorry about that."

"You don't have to stay in the guest room," Kloude said, with a grin. "I could keep a better eye on you in my bed."

Aria froze for a moment, her face flushing even brighter, before she realized that he had to be teasing her. She groaned, covering her face with her hands before she started laughing, her shoulders relaxing somewhat. "I'm so sorry. Lily- She's impossible. The spare room is fine, thank you."

"You have a problem with Nyx being in your room then?" Kloude asked, smoothly steering the conversation away from another flirting fail. He took a sip of his drink, sending another smile Aria's way. "She likes that room is all."

Aria waved her hand, almost dismissively. "No, of course not. I'm kinda used to that, I used to have a cat who was pretty sure his bed was my pillow. It's fine."

"She shouldn't get on the bed, she'll just wander in and out of the room," Kloude said. Then added quickly, "Don't let her on the bed, she sheds enough and I hate having to get fur off sheets."

Aria raised an eyebrow at Kloude's hurried order. "You say that like you expect me to let her onto the bed or something." Well, okay, he's not wrong, but he doesn't really need to know that.

Aria frowned slightly. "... I accept no responsibility for her choices after I go to sleep, is all."

Kloude didn't trust that answer at all, but he let the subject drop. "I'm going to be waking you up every hour, okay? I know it's annoying but I need to make sure you don't die in your sleep."

Aria frowned. "That's. Probably not a very good idea. And I really am fine." Not that he believed her. "If you have to. You should probably just flip the lights on. I'm a light sleeper, and... You probably will not want to be within arm's length of me right after I wake up."

"I have to," Kloude insisted, "I don't want you dying on me. Your friends would be upset and I don't want to hide another body."

Aria groaned, leaning back in her seat. "Fine. But only because you're being very stubborn on the whole 'dying' thing. And I can't really stop you, anyway." She shook her head. "Seriously though. Just turn the lights on. If that doesn't work, I'm probably dead anyway."

"Please don't die. I've already had to hide two bodies this month," Kloude grumbled. "I don't have any favours to call in if you die too."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back