• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Predetermined Purpose (Sci-Fi Robot Roleplay)

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Rin had been watching this go down and rushed to the downed Titan, she stood by him and began to stroke him, speaking clearly and loudly. "It's alright, you're safe. It's alright, it was a minor shock, you'll be ok soon, don't worry. Just try and calm down ok?" She said soothingly, her touch slow and gentle. She could 'sense' the anxiety stemming from both robots but she decided Devoid would be the biggest problem at the moment, and worked on calming him down first, then would go investigate the second robot.

Cassette as soon as he could wriggled from the grasps of DE-V01D. They rolled on the floor for a short while, before the electrodes retracted back into the capsule with a mechanical whir. Without speaking or making noise, Cassette scurried to an obscure part of the shack under a desk, rolls of paper hung to the wall with pins.

Along with that were strands of red yarn connecting photographs and maps. Discarded sheets blanketed the surface, newspaper cutouts adding to the chaos. Several pens and pencils were strewn further on. On the center of the wall, what a large photo of a centaur-like Titan, with the name "ARMAS" scribes underneath.

Last edited:
“What is ARMAS?”
Anna asked no one in particular knowing no one would know. She had her hand secured tightly around her handgun just in case. They were safe for now, but no one knows what the future had in store for them.

The Titan stopped feeling around for the capsule upon hearing the voice of Rin. His optics slowly went back online blurry at first but quickly cleared up allowing him to see the inside of the shed once more. Warming his voice box up he also felt as though that was also fixed back up. "Thank you..." he said said mumbling more or less, he wasn't ungrateful but what he'd done was tactless and he didn't want to dwell on it. DE-V01D got back on his feet feeling more or less disgraced by the shocking experience. But it seemed no lasting damage had impacted his systems.

She smiled gently and nodded before walking over to the capsule, walking around it and gently stroking it, working her magic once more. "It's alright...we won't hurt you, we aren't a threat to you I promise." She said gently, being mindful of the tasers that could launch at any moment.

Cassette pushed himself against the wall. "I'm sorry, but unauthorized access cannot be tolerated." Cassette's voice sounded like it echoed itself, reverberating through the shack.

"Oh..Ok." She stood back, refraining from touching it. "Still we don't want to hurt you, it's ok." She tried to comfort Cassette.

Anna just now noticed the ruckus going with the rest of the bots, focused as she was on figuring out who ARMAS was. She felt a tinge of annoyance at them though for just ignoring the the obvious clue right in front of them, instead of just spreading their feelings toward a tiny robot that had just tried to kill them. If she could swallow those feelings she would have.
“It’s best not to taser people who are just curious why a random cylinder is just laying around,” Anna said, turning back to the picture on the wall. She then started to ruffle around, looking at research notes and any type of infromation on ARMAS.

So it was some sort of delivery bot or something. The Titan was still far from pleased about being tazed but accepted that his choice was foolish.
He heard Anna come to his side on the manner though and thought that seemed like right as well "She gets it." DE-V01D said slightly riled again. But he watched her search for this ARMAS information.
He tapped a finger on his skull-like face in thought "Considering the owner of this shack is offline maybe... His memory can be extracted if anyone has the tools?" He suggested somewhat offput at the fact of meddling in a crime scene but also it seemed like they were all in pretty deep now so might as well dig around.

"Well he didn't know, he was just trying to defend himself." RIN reasoned, looking up at them and watching Anna. She shrugged and left the little bot alone and looked at the body. "I have medical training, I might be able to get it with a little help but I think it would be best to leave it to someone more qualified than I?" She looked around at the small crowd. It seemed she could switch between her childlike persona and her more robotic and mature persona.

Cassette reappeared from under the desk. "Accessing the memory of a deceased robot is a felony, you and most of us here could be on watchlists if you were to do so." Their spindly legs gave way to their manipulator claws as they scuttled across the floor. "There's multiple holes in the chassis and bullet marks of the wall." Cassette scoured the area. "I think it would be in the best of our interests that we left this to authorities, rather than look into it ourselves."

Anna rolled her eyes.
"There has to be a reason for this device to be calling us." She said, still ruffling through the evidence. "Besides, in case you somehow haven't noticed, I am part of the authority here."
She pointed to her Police Uniform and the car outside as she spoke, never taking her eyes off the evidence.
"What the hell is ARMAS?"

"Obviously a person of interest for this Olympian." Replied Cassette. "You can't rule out the possibility that the device just randomly casted out at a random frequency that we were all tuned into. Others could have received it without doing anything, and it's obviously not finished, look at the device"

Anna promptly looked at the device.
"It appears so. It has not stopped. Could it be that we were the only ones that bothered to see what the frequency was? I find it hard to believe. It was impossible to ignore."
She turned away from the device and back at the ARMAS, pondering why the Olympian would be so interested in this peculiar machine.
"ARMAS. ARMAS. Who are you? And why was this man so interested in you?"

Dice crawled back and forth across his oversized desk, thinking hard. The signal had come maybe twenty minutes ago, a set of coordinates followed by "Program Deus." That was it. Dice had already contacted the police, but the bolthead operator had brushed him off as going senile. That left Dice with two options: He could leave the matter be and hope the police would handle it, or he could investigate the signal personally.

Dice's curiosity won out in the end. If the situation turned out to be dangerous he could always fly away.

"Conrad," Dice called to his assistant, "I'm going out." Then he pushed a button on his desk. The window on the back wall swung open and Dice flew through it to the outdoors.

"The power district," Dice muttered to himself as he circled higher. "That shouldn't take too long." He turned and began gliding over the buildings in the direction of the coordinates.

----

Dice circled over the small shack the coordinates had indicated. A pair of police cruisers stood parked outside, which was a good sign. Maybe the operator had bothered to pass on his message after all? The shacks door looked to be hanging off its hinges, all the easier for Dice to get in. He swooped down and glided through the door.

A group of robots, two olympians and two titans, stood inside, surrounding. . . something. Dice flew in closer, the stopped short in shock. The grisly remains of an olympian were lying on the floor next to a shotgun and a metallic disc. Dice had seen a lot in his time, but the sight of the dismantled robot made him feel sick in his motor. Who could do something like that to a fellow sentient? Program Deus?

One of the Olympians was wearing a police uniform. It seemed strange that only one would be there when two vehicles were parked outside, but Dice ignored that concern for the time being. He landed on the desk and cleared his throat to get the officer's attention.

"Excuse me, officer? Might I ask if youcre here because of the beacon?" He did his best to keep his voice calm, though the murdee scene stillmleft him shaken.

Anna was so busy ruffling through the evidence that she didn't register the voice at first. When she did, she turned around to meet another Titan, this one new and a dinosaur. So they were right. She looked him over and then said in a thankfully normal voice.

”Yes. We are all here because of this device.” She said, pointing to the device in question.

So Dice was right about the transmission. He crawled across the desk to get a better look at the device. A light-up orb with what looked to be an antenna?

"I've never seen anything like this before," he said. He looked up at the other robots. "Are any of you familiar with it, perhaps? It didn't cause the fate of our, um, friend over there?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back