• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Praetors: Legends' Origins

Which path are we taking?

• Starter 1.1

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Starter 1.2

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Starter 1.3

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Starter/Ending

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

koala

[div class=base] [div class=cover] [div class=title]PRAETORS[/div] [div class=sub]Legends' Origins[/div] [div class=cool] [div class=contentbox][div class=content][div class=left][div class=header]TIMELINE[/div] May 25, 2089 The U.S. government received highly classified intel about an incoming war. There was going to be an invasion by the so-called “Drolviens.” Officials were skeptical at first but certain events proved the information to be reliable. Leaders from all nations thus came together to discuss a plan, and this plan would later become known as Project Praetor. February 1, 2090 200 men and women, both civilians and soldiers, were handpicked by some of the world’s greatest analysts and their selection systems. None of these chosen few were told of their purpose and none were forced against their wills to participate in the project. June 4, 2090 The selected individuals were flown to a discrete location; an underground facility that was quickly built after the major summit. These people were tested mentally, physically, and biologically. Those that were compatible were injected with serums that granted them inhumane abilities. For the next six years, these individuals, known as Praetors, were put through hostile environments and situations. Many did not survive. August 19, 2095 85 Praetors were put on ice. This was to enhance their abilities as well as preserve what they currently had. “You’ll only be asleep for a year,” they were told. Date Unknown 6 Praetors woke up in an undisclosed location. Their weapons were safely secured in front of their individual pods. Once they grabbed their weapons, the link activated an armor that transferred from the weapons to their bodies. The materials used from this armor are unknown, but Praetors are able to call upon it whenever they want.[/div] [div class=right][div class=header]PATHS TO GO[/div] Starter 1.1 We will start with the Praetors waking up. Their pods will be located on Earth. Earth has been turned into a barren place. The only signs of human life are the remnants of former buildings. Drolviens appear to have conquered the planet. They know they must make human contact, but the only beacon is an alien tower in the center of a large base. Starter 1.2 Similar to plot A, however, we will skip the waking up part. Instead of starting with them in their pods, they will be in-progress of their first mission. Starter 1.3 The Praetors will awaken in a spaceship that is about to be breached. Starter/Ending We will start on their very last mission. At this point, they have been battling the Drolviens for a few years. This is their final stand.[/div] [div class=left][div class=header]ROLES[/div] The Foundation [Played by koala koala ] A natural leader, you were chosen to man your squad. Your physical and mental statistics proved exemplary and your body was compatible with that of durability. This makes you physically and mentally capable of handling harsh environments and other situations better than most. Your skin is your armor but so is your mind. The Fist Tough as a tank. Stronger than a bull. You are the strongest of all others in your squad. Your strikes may shatter the very ground beneath you. You are the protector of all, a shield to those weaker. The Sword You are one with your sword. Your movements are elegant and smooth like flowing water. Once slice from your blade leaves enemies paralyzed for good. Speed is your skill. You’re fast on your feet and quick with your arms. The Aid You’re the most reliable when it comes to helping the rest of the team. Your knowledge of the body and how to help it is uncanny. As dangerous as it may be, you were also granted the ability to require less oxygen. You can hold your breath much longer than others, don’t struggle in high altitudes, and could potentially lower your heart rate to a dangerous level. The Brain Your brain and the unnatural ability to mentally process things quickly are your most valuable assets. You can solve problems that require higher brain power much easier than most, especially when technology is involved. You are the person the Ace will rely on for many decisions. The Hawk Sight. Foresight. You have the ability to see things that would be impossible for someone else. Whether it be distance or size, you see it all. Let’s not forget the fact that you can foresee some actions by at least two seconds, making you the best at expecting. > 4 Secondary Praetors that will have standard stats of being slightly stronger, slightly faster, and slightly more durable.[/div] [div class=right][div class=header]WHAT I'M SEEKING[/div] - People that can write a minimum of two paragraphs that aren't straight dialogue. - Communication. If you can't post, talk to me. If something is up, talk to me. I'm pretty lenient. - Minimum of 1-post per week. This is flexible. If we're more active, we can post more. If we're not, then that's cool. - Participation. I'm looking for people that are willing to help world-build. I love suggestions and stuff. I also don't want to GM everything. It's boring if I have to control every detail. Obviously, talk to me before you do anything major though. - People that are okay with their characters dying! - More to be added as I see fit.[/div] [/div][/div] [/div] [/div] [/div] [div class=bottom]Main | Chat | Cast | Lore | Recruitment[/div] [class=base] height: 500px; min-width: 300px; max-width: 750px; margin: auto; [/class] [class=cover] height: 500px; width: 750px; margin: auto; position: relative; background-image: url(https://i.imgur.com/uhG4A6R.jpg); background-size: cover; cursor: url(https://i.imgur.com/YmqJO4E.png), auto; [/class] [class=title] width: 750px; font-size: 50px; color: white; text-shadow: 1px 1px 5px #FFF; text-align: center; position: absolute; margin-top: 180px; letter-spacing: 8px; [/class] [class=sub] color: #ED947A; text-shadow: 1px 1px 5px #ED947A; width: 750px; font-size: 25px; text-align: center; margin-top: 250px; letter-spacing: 2px; position: absolute; [/class] [class=cool] height: 500px; width: 750px; background: white; display: none; cursor: url(https://i.imgur.com/YmqJO4E.png), auto; [/class] [script class=cover on=click] slideToggle 800 cool hide title hide sub[/script] [class=contentbox] height: 500px; width: 750px; overflow: hidden; background: white; [/class] [class=content] height: 500px; width: 765px; color: black; font-size: 13px; font-family: Arial; overflow-y: scroll; padding: 5px; white-space: pre-line; [/class] [class=header] font-size: 22px; color: white; text-shadow: 1px 1px 5px #FFF; letter-space: 2px; background: black; height: 30px; padding-bottom: 5px; padding-left: 5px; [/class] [class=left] border-left: 3px solid black; [/class] [class=right] border-right: 3px solid black; [/class] [class=bottom] font-size: 10px; text-align: center; [/class]

Last edited:
Also, please vote above after you've read about the different paths!! I will be doing polls every now and then to get players opinions and stuff

Bump bump. I just need a minimum of three characters to post the cs. That’s one more person to go!

Last edited:
There are no role reservations by the way. It’s a matter of who I think will play the role best. Fist is only taken because I have a good friend that’s interested~

So, when we make our character sheet, you will decide who is a best fit for where or is there another way you plan on doing this?

So, when we make our character sheet, you will decide who is a best fit for where or is there another way you plan on doing this?
You’re basically applying for a role. If there are two or more people applying for the same role, I will choose the one I think is best for the rp

Great, more job applications. XD Joking.
Haha. I feel ya. Can’t be helped though!! If a lot of people are interested, I’ll probably make it to where other Praetors show up. They won’t be main characters though since this is solely based on this specific squad

For those interested and don’t want to play one of the Legends or don’t get a role, I will be accepting a maximum of 4 secondary characters.

Secondary characters:
- Will have basic Praetor stats. This means they won’t have any major enhancements like the Legends. They’ll only be slightly stronger, slightly faster, and slightly more durable than normal people.
- Will mostly likely die before the Legends

I am interested in playing as The Aid.
I'd be interested in playing The Sword.

Fast, nimble stabbers are great!
I was actually hoping to play as the sword.
Phayne Phayne

Users who are viewing this thread

Back