• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Power Rangers Sentinels

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
"Disappointing. I thought there was another secret to being a Sentinel forgotten in all of the legends. Next you'll tell me that there wasn't a merman who inspired his successor as Blue Sentinel into wielding a trident, hence why that's my weapon?" Dmitri asked, hands out and arms open to his friends. Never mind the horses racing with an arena full of people watching, he's interested in Clay's divine luck. Power over weak of mind monsters is left better in nobody's hands. Swore that a merman was a Sentinel though. April poked his arm and sort of broke his dreams of being a mermans descendant in half. He sighed. "Dang it, Quinn... " he whispered. Has the girl been feeding him her own ideas of the Sentinel lore and history in addition to the facts?

Races continuing on as planned, the gang was about to head inside but of course something had to stop them. Something always has to stop them. No derby is complete without am eye-glowing shoemaker with a sinister laugh. Suddenly bright light cast over them and April and Dmitri shielded their eyes, feeling an overwhelming energy over their bodies before they disappeared from thin air. Actually not so much disappeared as re-appeared as something else. Before flashing, they both braced for whatever may come from the now monstrous shoemaker. He's tall, mean, smelly and in the least stereotypical way possible, kind of smells like Irish brew. April changed into a rabbits foot, and Dmitri a rag. "I... please somebody tell me I am not a real foot. Please tell me I'm novelty!" April squeaked, for the thought of being an actual bunny rabbit's disembodied foot hanging from this monsters collar is too much to bare! Talk about disgusting.

"From rags and slavery right back into a literal rag and.... well, possession of some sort. This is not my day." Dmitri stoically complained. He externally did not freak out but inside his mind he was screaming 'the actual FUCK'?

Lapdun patted his big belly, overjoyed with his new collection of trinkets in assorted colors. Bargaining chips in his big game to be played. Gamblers of the highest tier know when to hold and when to fold. His hand, a full house, only part of his new deck of cards stacked against the Earth Sentinel. What only a moment ago sounded like a full stadium of people has gone silent. Lapdun carried a small pot of gold shillings. Coins of the ore, one for every man, woman and child in that stadium including Riley, Clay's friend. Unlike the Sentinel items, the people-turned-coins had no consciousness or ability to speak. Lucky for Clay they had no idea what was going on. But unlucky for Clay that now hundreds of people are under Lapdun's command. Humans hold their species so close, they make the ultimate bargain in return. Clay, unknowing of this monsters intention, held his hands high instantly clenching into fists. Benji sensed the people all now in a coin pot. "Clay, be careful... he has the entire stadium held hostage," he warned form Lapdun's hat. Leprechauns are tricky shits. Lapdun laughed at the Sentinels in peril.

Grumbling and lowering his hands, the cowboy tipped his hat upward to converse with the foul monster. "What do you want? Let 'em go, ya rat nasty varmint," he demanded. His friends, his team, all sorts of innocent people were on the line. "I'll knock ya into next month!" Clay threatened. They always want something from the good guys.
"Well now, wee lad. I would not be doin' that if I were yee. See I have your pals, your people, your morals. You wished the Spawners be gone so I took them away. Now you're in my game, and you shall play." He rhymes. Big shocker. Mentally Benji rolled his eyes. Another poet. Great. "I be looking for more than me pot o gold. I be searchin' for the Talisman of the Many. It be inside a place only you can help me get into. With it I'll rival all with might power and be free of wretched rhymes and this abomination alliteration." Sounds like another relic. Another Eye of the Serpent scenario?
"I ain't helpin' you git nothing but a knuckle sandwich," Clay retorted.
Tsk tsk tsk. "Too bad, then. Cause unless ya help be get me talisman, I won't be turning anyone back to a person. They stay on me forever. And I get all their power! Enough to melt all of these coin folk!" Lapdun spoke truly, feeling fire in his heart, wind above his head, so on and so forth.

"Don't do it Clay! Whatever this thing is don't let him have it. We can get out of this, just go!" Benji protested. "I don't wanna stay here but I don't want you helping him!" he sounded scared, honestly. And he is scared. Clay helps, the monster wins. He doesn't, then they stay objects and hundreds die. Not a nice ultimatum. Lapdun laughed.
"Fare thee well. I'll give yee an hour to think on it. Until then, I think I'll be payin a visit to your old pal Vorkalth!" Lapdun exerted more light. Teleporting himself, the others and those unaware people...right into Vorkalth's caverns. Clay extended his arm to reach out but it was too late. They're gone.
---
The Coven is sanctuary. Benji and the others are visiting with Vorkalth in object form on Lapdun's person as the last Sentinel searches for help. When he came back to the Coven he was frantic and panicking. The calm southerner never looked so upset! The Talisman of the Many (according to a text read by another person aside from Clay) is located in the heart of a mountain. Only one with geo-kinesis holds the key to finding the sacred amulet. It's power comes from the name, which comes from thousands of trapped souls from a long lost people. Its wearer holds immense power and is held by no binding, free to do whatever they wish and no consequence of action. It's the key to ultimate freedom. In the wrong hands it could lead to the end of all. Imagine that. Fate, Novus, Quinn and Sprout are all Clay has now. This amulet must have been sealed in a mountain for a reason. "What do I do? What is this thing and how is Lapdun? He looked like a Leprechaun..." Leprechauns are the trickiest creatures in folklore. A wish for a favor, they always want something in return for a wish. Currency demands to be met. Again, someone can explain that to Clay. He feels something drawing him to Lapdun... a magical force almost forcing him to want to help him. Part of that wish power?

Making matters worse, this ugly bastard has the stadium trapped in a pot of gold coins. Becoming a foot is gross. Rag is just demeaning. But capturing a whole mass of people is powerful, something they need to be wary of. Monsters want to bargain all of the time, they should work as auctioneers or open up street market stalls. Bargaining must be a hot thing in Hell since they all want to do so. They apparently don't bathe, either. Lapdun smells bad. All of this bravado for a lousy Talisman. April never heard of the thing but Dmitri swore he'd heard something about it on night while Duncan and Dahlia drank wine by the fire in their hut as he and the other slaves huddled for warmth outside the window. Bad news. "Monster! You'd just take all of these people for that?" Dmitri yelled, ultimately ignored by Lapdun as he furthered his scheme. He gets their power? Then that means... fire in his heart... he's a walking team of Sentinels???

"Please... find a way to get us out of here!" April pleaded Clay. She doesn't want him to help this jerkface but she doesn't want to stay a rabbits foot. Please, somebody for the love of god tell her if she's a real foot or a novelty item. The former sounds so horrific! Within a flash, Lapdun teleports them to the underworld.
...to Vorkalth's lair. "Clayyyyyy!" April's voice yelled out but slowly faded away as they telported down into the pits of darkness and despair. Not good... not good...
---
"I don't think I like it here..." April said quietly as they reached the caverns underground on Lapdun's person. It's dark. It's evil. It's old. Around every corner and every turn there stands something evil. Spawners, Ryxens, all other monstrous things that may lurk in the shadows unseen. Home to evil as they know it.
Dmitri hated it, as well... the place of nightmare. Nenet, on the contrary, eagerly awaits to greet her dear friends the Sentinels when Lapdun makes his appearance before them.
---
"The Talisman of the Many is in the heart of a mountain. You need to be able to bend Earth and have geokinesis to get it. It has trapped souls in it, letting the wearer do anything without cause and affect. No harm no foul, as the case may be. It's the thing that grants unlimited freedom. I thought it was a legend. I wanted it myself as a kid. Slaves wanted it, obviously. According to one book, it might've been filled with slave souls in it, ironically," Quinn explained to Clay. She leaned on a huge stack of at least ten books. The top book is her journal. Behind her are more books, opened to pages possibly relevant but just to be safe. Dmitri being taken upset her greatly and she set to work immediately. Little girls like her are what make the world go round. She may rival the knowledge of Fate herself. Novus might be powerful but Quinn can get to books a lot faster than he can. Plus she doesn't need help picking them up. Fairy arms are nothing to the might her her human arms! Bow down, Wingy!
Seriously this talisman sounds like trouble. Untapped potential of that magic is dangerous. Complete freedom? With that anybody could do anything. Vorkalth would rule all in an instant. Lapdun would do whatever it is he wants to do. Slaves could be free and happy for once... politicians in jail would lose their minds. Not Quinn's thinking, but that's another story. Quinn's small body rest comfortably leaning on the book stack. "As Fate foretold, five Sentinels will stop Vorkalth. So you're gonna free the others. Right? Having five dictates you will win. Gawain makes six but that's just an additional fun part. Dmitri and the others are counting on it. Just make a mountain move, take the amulet for yourself and free the others with it. Simple right?" Quinn asked, her ambition and ideology adorably admirable. It just isn't that simple is it?

So not only is the shoemaker man actually a monster who changed the Sentinels (minus Clay) into inanimate objects, he'd also trapped all the people present in the stadium, turning them into joins in a jar. All of that because Lapdun wanted something from Clay. An object called "Talisman of the Many". Yet another artifact the Legion wants to get their dirty hands on? They couldn't allow that to happen, for sure! Erin had heard from plenty of stories that Leprechauns could be tricky pieces of crap, but to actually witness it was something new entirely.
"Don't listen to him, Clay!" Erin warned. It was all another trick, it had to be. But if Lapdun didn't get what he wanted, all of the people would be lost forever. And the Sentinels' Power would belong to him. Whatever was going to happen next, it would be bad news. Either Lapdun got what he wanted and won, or he'd get the Sentinel Powers and still win. Was it over then?

And to make matters even worse than they already were, Lapdun wanted to pay an old friend a visit. Old friend being no one less than Vorkalth. So now most of the Sentinels are trapped in inanimate form, in the underworld. With their worst enemy. Joy!
---
"None of us like it here," Erin said to April. She couldn't exactly gaze around, but Erin could most definitely feel it. The darkness, the ancient magic, the evil. Guttural "chatter" of Spawners and Ryxens sounded from corners. Somewhere something was howling. Could be the wind, a Banshee, trapped souls... The place was oozing with evil. And the closer they got, the more Erin felt that burning sensation. The sharp pain. Odd how as a piece of stone she could still somehow feel it.
"The heart of darkness, of all things evil," Gawain mumbled. "Even in my nightmares I hadn't seen it." The place where Rosemary lost her life, and likely several other Sentinels over the past thirteen generations as well. "A place that shouldn't even exist."
---
Vorkalth sat on his throne, cloaked in shadows and... well, his cloak. His bony fingers laced together and red eyes gleaming in the skull. He laughed a dark laugh as Lapdun approached, several color coded objects dangling on his person. "Well met, old friend," he greeted Lapdun as he rose from the chair. Lapdun might stand a towering six foot, but Vorkalth is easily half a foot if not more taller. Seemingly not even touching the floor, Vorkalth came down, walking around Lapdun and inspecting the little objects. "And welcome, Sentinels." Spawners and Ryxens cheered and roared from the shadows. "Surging Water, Sprouting Nature, Soaring Wind, Shining Light... and last but not least, the Son of the Archon... Scorching Fire..." Vorkalth poked at each of the objects respectively, holding them in a hand for a brief moment as if he could sense all of their power, see deep into their souls and tell all of their secrets. Maybe he actually could do that. Who's to tell?
"You have done well, Lapdun."
---
"Impressive work, young one," Fate complimented Quinn. She had found the needed information so quickly. An eager student, this little girl was. Fate and Novus could understand Quinn wanted to save the Sentinels. Her brother, likely, most of all. Fate smiled. So much potential in this young one. Learning a magic spell days after arriving and finding the right books among the thousands of tomes in a matter of minutes. Fate's had apprentices in the past, but none of them could rival this child. Fate would gladly take this girl under her literal wings: pure of heart and bright of mind.
Novus sighed and looked at Clay.
"Leprechauns are not to be meddled with. They are tricky beings. Dare I say the trickiest in folklore?" he said. "They will never do anything for free, always asking for a favor. They grant you a wish, you must pay them back one way or another. You owe them something, whether you realize it or not, whether you like it or not. Sometimes, like now, they immediately demand the price to be paid. At other times they will show up many years later when you least expect it, demanding the debt to be fulfilled. As long as the debt stands, you're bound to them. Something will always draw you back to them until the price has been paid."
Novus' face turned dark. He didn't like it one bit, but... "I'm afraid you have no choice."

"Friend! He help Avlazor get out of evil bunny dimension!" the Basilisk jumped up at the sight of Lapdun entering their home with Sentinel-themed decorations on his attire. Strange that he called bunnies evil when he himself is evil. Perspective issues? Villains, the good ones, usually think what they're doing is a good thing or for the right reasons. Avlazor's a bruiser with no real goal other than fighting so there's no argument he can make there. He just meant those bunnies were strong! Shaking Lapdun's hand he took April and Benji in the rabbit foot and clover forms from Lapdun's person and inspected them curiously. "White lady like little bunny toe holder. Want to crush! Green boy pretty flower. Want to pick petals!" Avlazor exclaimed. Toe holder and flower were close but no cigar.
Lapdun snapped his fingers, reclaiming Benji and April for himself via magic. He saved them, technically. Few more seconds and they'd be goners. Benji let out a breath of relief. At least as much a breath as a clover can let out...

"Hands off. I am hardly any friend to thee, skull man. These pieces be part of my big plan!" Rhyming. Alas, more rhyming. "I want me Talisman and Shaking Earth will get it for me. The second he got his wish from me he fell under me spell. He has no choice, isn't it swell?" Lapdun gleefully skidded around the caverns. "Heard of me Talisman of the Many, have ya's? Like your Eye it's really powerful. Freedom from any restrictions or handicap. Back me up when that fool gets it from the mountain and I'll give yee a cut, ol skully boy. A cut like these fine things. The powers of, and the souls of the Sentinels. Deal?" Lapdun extended his gross hand to shake Vorkalth's...ethereal-ish hand? He can just give Vorkalth these five Sentinels and their power. Tempting offer! Likely his tricky nature will trick the Legion. Or he'd get back stabbed. The evil ones aren't easy books to read.
Benji shuddered at the setting. It's dark, cold, really dark, really cold. Smells strange and they are at the total mercy of the Legion. "Guys we need to get out of here. Concentrate on something maybe? Look for a way out..." Benji said quietly to the others. But as objects that isn't going to happen. However knowing the layout of this place may come in handy one day. But will any of them spend much time here, really? He hoped not. Avlazor growled like he heard that. He'll just be quiet now.
---
None of their help was helpful at all. Clay's face turned to dread. "So I gotta get this thing for him no matter what?" Seriously, that's how this is gonna work? Bound to the debt of a wish he didn't know he made. Read the cowboys face and you will not only find Waldo but you will find a lack of any positivism. The leprechaun is a tricky creature forever binding those it grants the aid of. This Talisman is super powerful and Clay is the key to finding it inside of a mountain. Quinn's ideology about the whole thing really lightened things for a split second. Taking the amulet and using it for himself sounds viable but if he's truly bound to this thing it wouldn't be likely to happen. "It ain't ever that simple..." he said sadly. The immense power of this rumored talisman scared him, to be frank. Unlimited freedom without consequence? Nobody should have that. Freedom for all is a must, but having no rules bound in reality is something that should be in nobodies hands, good or evil. Playing God never works out well.

Itching his side, Clay paced around and around the Coven, sitting on the steps leading to the slightly higher level. Face in his hands he darted around mentally before looking out to the others. Sprout clings to his leg. "I ain't gonna move a whole mountain. I wanna save everyone. Riley, them people, the others... I don't wanna do something for this tricky thing though." Clay seemed like he really choked up on Riley. Riley's one of his good friends, one he's been in recent company with a lot since they live together now. Their friendship runs deep. So deep, Clay removed his hat as if he mourned. Only an hour to think about all of this, he got frustrated. "Can't I find a loophole in this wishin' nonsense? Throwing rocks at this ain't gonna fix it. He's got their powers, too. Their powers and all of them people with him. I feel it, I'm drawn to him now. I don't like what he's cookin up. Not one bit." Clay's knuckles were clenched so tight together they turned white.

"Thank you, Taerya--Miss Fate, ma'am," Quinn responded to the appraisal from Fate. Momentarily reverting to their meeting at the lakefront where she, Novus and Erin assumed false identities out of caution in Nexilis. "it was easy, really," she humbly sold herself short. Hearing her work was good and not bad absolutely made her day. Quinn rather likes the idea of being taken under Fate's wing if it means getting to hear she's good at researching and digging up information. Emotions running rampant to want her brother and friends saved is only part of what drove the search into the Talisman of the Many. An artifact at risk much like the Eye of the Serpent? The Legion already had enact for taking artifacts more powerful than the wielder. This one won't have that happen huh?
Quinn gleamed at Novus. "Clay has a choice. Always a choice." She can't argue that leprechauns aren't tricky little devils always with one hand behind their backs. Magic might find a way. If I look on the top shelf of that bookcase over there I might find something about loopholes so we can make it a lot easier," Quinn said, having the book system mapped out in the Coven already. Dreams really do come true. All of these books at her disposal for her to use. Permission having been granted in advance, of course.

"It has to be simple. Sentinels make things simple when they have to. Erin just busted into action and freed dozens of slaves in one go. Impossible task but because of who she was she was able to do it. You can do it, Clay. I'll help every step of the way. Someone gimme a boost to that shelf. I have little legs and little arms, no elasticity...wait, is there a spell to be super stretchy? I think I read...no, that was a spell for cooking meat with freezing colds putting out your fires. Don't cook me, please..." she rambled on and on. She took note of how Clay tensed up per mention of his non Sentinel friend. She'd been too busy going about to ask, however. Move a mountain, get the thing, save the others, beat the shorty. Not a short, this leprechauns is over 6 feet!
---
Dmitri's nightmares have all come true. A real contrast to Quinn living her dream in the Coven. Surrounded by the darkness he'd been warned against his entire life. Witnessing firsthand the evils of his former masters' master. Think about it... the monsters under his bedroll, the threats looming over him, the nightmares chasing him every night as a child. All here right in front of him. The very heart of it all. It's dark, vile, disgusting. He's a rag on the mouth of Hell as it threatens to swallow him whole. Dmitri, while physically not doing so, began to panic. Brave he must be, but he's justifiably scared. Almost in full panic attack mode.
Unlucky for April in her lucky foot form. Avlazor picked her up and dangled her. She shrieked! He's playing too rough! Toe holder? That's a new one. Creative for the dullest crayon in the box, though. it felt nice when Lapdun, the captor, saved them in a turn of events. She wouldn't thank him but she thanked him internally. Just revert her from rabbit foot to human and they'll be square.

Vorkalth's welcome was what nobody thought they'd hear this morning. Deescalating from run races with friends to greeting who basically may well be the Devil in his home. Nenet slowly stepped around and peered over Lapdun. Marvelous! Five assorted-colored pests presented on a metaphoric silver platter. Lapdun certainly makes an offer hard to resist. "My liege. In exchange for our support to insure the Brown Ranger does his part no funny business, we get the Sentinels life force and their power." She fully expected the tricky monster to trick the as well, but she would be prepared for that scenario. She withdrew the Eye of the Serpent, teasing those Sentinels familiar with the item. "We already have one artifact in the Time of Prophecy. We make an ally out of Lapdun, we have that Talisman, his magic, a dead Brown Ranger and five Sentinel-powered new artifacts to play with. I say we take the offer," Nenet attempted a persuasive effort with Vorkalth.

April shh'd Benji, Nenet strolling on over. She picked up Gawain as a gold bar. "Now now, do plan on staying a while. You get to see how this works," she said, Eye in one hand and Gawain in the other. "You remember this, White Ranger? Your former Blue friend stood with you against me when I won the battle for it. Careful, slave boy. You have a glimpse at the fate of your color," she teased, then addressing Gawain. April hissed. "Monsters..." she whispered. Dylan... Dmitri snarled.
"Gold Ranger. You know of this place? Where Rosemary died with such sweet cries. Where many died. Where many more will die. Perhaps I'll start with this White one, this time around. The Red one may make a fine addition to my jewelry collection. A sacrificial piece to wear as I slaughter humans of this age?" she put Gawain back where she got him to not anger Lapdun. But eyeing Erin...that was an idea. Hmm. Eyeing.

Fate smiled. In the time that had passed since Dmitri had joined the team, she'd taken a liking to the energetic young girl running through the sanctuary known as the Coven. "Don't sell yourself short, child," she said. "You have a lot of talent. Doing research is certainly one of them. Not everyone has the patience." She subtly eyed Novus.
"Hey!" the fairy called back before turning to Quinn and Clay. "Perhaps there is a way, but it won't be so simple. Leprechauns are incredibly tricky. And clever too. It will be difficult to trick a trickster, and they will not take kindly to it if someone outsmarts them." Novus rubbed his chin, thinking deeply. There had to be a way to outsmart Lapdun. A way for them to break the spell and save everyone without dooming the entire Wheel.

Both were surprised to notice that Quinn seemed to know exactly where to find which books that may contain information. "Well then, let's use that bright mind of yours to find a way and save everyone," Fate said, patting the girl's shoulder.
---
Being in literal Hell was terrible enough as it was, but Lapdun offering their powers and souls to Vorkalth if the Legion helped him against Clay... That was a scarier thought than any. They would turn into new artifact themselves, only to be used for evil and destroy the world and history as everyone knew it.
"How dare you?" Erin hissed. Once they were back in human form... the Legion was going to regret this. Every single moment of this torment.
Gawain was even more furious. Reminding him this was the very place where Rosemary was brutally murdered... hearing how the Legion enjoyed her suffering. And how they'd start with April this time around. Continuing the circle of murdering White Rangers. Not that he knew how many times it had happened before.
"Damn you... damn you all!" he called out, cursing under his breath.

Meanwhile Vorkalth watched with some amusement. The Sentinels... their souls and powers... they could belong to him. If they'd back up Lapdun in his quest for the Talisman. Something that would grant him infinite power. Something that would make him a true villain not to be meddled with. Someone that could overthrow him. A danger. But if they could get their hands on the Talisman first.... if they could somehow trick the trickster into losing it. Unlimited power would be theirs. They could destroy the Veil with a snap of their fingers. Interesting thoughts, for sure. He did not trust Lapdun. Vorkalth would be a fool to do so. But the offer he made them certainly was tempting.
The Shaman reached out his hand, mostly bones and ethereal wisps, but starting to get some form back, hints of muscle and rotten flesh growing between the bones. "Deal." Lapdun better not disappoint him.

Shaking the ethereal bone hand, Lapdun laughed and tipped his hat. "Top of the mornin', to ya. Pleasure doin' business with ya. Now I will take my things and get to work. I'm gonna need some...assistance, though," Lapdun stated. He reclaimed his Sentinel artifacts and looked at Avlazor and Nenet. "I'll be needin' muscle and magic. Can't let Shaking Earth be gettin' too comfortable." The leprechaun makes a good point. Having their backup would make Clay less likely to betray him and try something. Overpowering him will come easy and he will die. Simple. The Spawners can say here, though. They already did their part. Plus the smell terrible. Somebody ought to bathe these things once in a while. Spawners going to an underworld bath house may not be such a terrible idea.
Benji hissed. I wish we could talk to Clay. Warn him. He was able to keep the mental conversation with the other Sentinels, allowing them some level of privacy in the depths of Hell. He felt his power draining, pouring into Ladpun every second. Each passing moment this freak got stronger. Three monsters with Clay forcing him to dig up some artifact in a mountain? They'll probably bury him in the hole he digs. Benji thought darkly. Not to be a pessimist but that's probably what the Legion and Ladpun will do.
---
Clay sat down, running a hand through his hair under his hat. He felt the connection between him and Lapdun get stronger. Reflex kicked in and he punched the floor, actually making a small dent. It had to have startled everybody in their efforts of research. For a happy guy, he's awful mad.
"He's gittin' stronger. I feel him doing something... callin' me out somewhere. If I don't go he'll hurt the others. He'll keep all them people. I can't stop him from getting that thing out of the ground. When it's out I can't just take it, he'll use his magic or something. I'm gonna lose. I'm his....his puppet. I don't know why, but I just know I won't win. I can't protect everybody... I can't... I can't do this by myself," Clay started to breakdown. Suddenly he just started crying. Not bawling his eyes out but sniffles and tears down his face. He cares deeply about people. His friends and all of those people depending on him and him alone.

"Ya know.... Riley didn't have nobody growing up. Parents died, lived with his mammy. He took care of her though, so he didn't really get raised by nobody but himself. We were buddies... he's kinda like my brother. We been kinda off and on, but we always find each other again. Now that he's back in my life he's just yanked away because of me. I'm gonna get that Talisman and I'm gonna die. Nobody gonna get saved. I let Riley down. I let everybody down..." Clay monologues. Magic is in control. He's alone. Knowing he is bound and unable to do what he normally could is tearing him apart. See he's been raised as a go-getter. Nothing could stop him. No boundaries. A restriction being placed on what he can do in the name of right is the most unsettling thing. "I sure as hell can't move no mountains..." he looked down, just waiting for Lapdun to summon him.

"I humbly volunteer in aiding this marvelous individual. How better to sacrifice my first Sentinel of this generation than to do it in front of inanimate comrades,
Nenet's and rested effeminately over her chest. A complying Sentinel under the orders of a leprechaun and two Legionaries finding a powerful relic they can turn to their favor? It is so sweet she can nearly taste victory. Hunting for relics may be her newest hobby, seeing she's already collected one. Another is at hand. There's a hammer that needs taking, a helm that needs wearing and plenty of other riches that need claiming. Every realm has something she desires. Who knew this one had so much to offer as well? Five artifacts made from living Sentinels, easily twisted into use of her own ambitious goals! She's liking Lapdun more and more.
All of this turned April's stomach inside out. Don't say that, Benji... The others back at the Coven are surely figuring out what to do. A way to get us out of here, break the spell or something? April remained hopeful. It is good they have this mental link. Sanity checks are important in Hell.
Clay's the strongest one of us. Physically the strongest. Quinn and I read about other Earth Sentinels taking down entire teams of monsters single handed. She's probably giving him pointers on how to be like them. He'll save us and prevent them from getting that Talismen. Dmitri's optimism is met with only a sliver of reality. He's still a partial awe-struck fan, after all.
---
Cue quivers. Quivers times six billion. Fate herself acknowledged Quinn as talented and smart. Her work isn't that impressive but she'll take it. Something about today really helped her shine a little light around the place, seeing it be so dull given dreary things happening. Taking the advice of Fate, Quinn rushed exactly to where she needed to be in the books to find something. "Just because Leprechauns hate being outsmarted does not mean they can't be outsmarted. That sounded way less dumb in my head... " she shook her head and resumed, "but the leprechaun mind works weird. It wants something, something strong or lucky, or big! Reaching for the end of the rainbow. But I don't know if that's a racial stereotype."

As Quinn trailed on and on, seemingly less about the Talismen and more about leprechauns, she glanced over toward Clay. Well not so much as glanced as she did jump when he hit the floor with his fist. She froze mid-page-turn. Quietly to not ruin his monologue, she finished turning the page reeeeally slow. Less analogies of horses and relatives, though, as he started...crying? Quinn stepped away from the book and crossed her arms caringly. He's the muscle, the cowboy, the Shaking Earth Elemental. He's crying? In the third generation of Sentinels I know Earth was a bit sensitive when it came to people he liked but he didn't cry. He just hit people. His team members if there weren't monsters around. Only part of the time it was in good fun. The other part of the time his friends hit back. Quinn trailed mentally. Comparing him to a predecessor in a moment of vulnerability... how fun. She frowned at Clay's friend Riley. Sounds like they grew up close. Like she and Dmitri did. No blood tying them together but staying family all the same.

"You don't have to--... no. You're not doing this by yourself. Every Sentinel who came before you is with you. Grondo is with you. I'm with you. Fate is with you. Novus is with you. Even Sprout's with you. Right little guy?" she asked, enthusiastically trying her best to change the tone. Kid stuff. Sprout just looked at her like she was nuts. "Pyou?" he asked. It translated toughly to 'what, are we gonna arm up and fight with him ourselves?'
"The magic has to be affecting him. He wouldn't fall apart like this," she said to Novus and Fate. Or he could be falling apart because there's so much weight on his shoulders and he's human.

"Very well," Vorkalth nodded slowly. "Go with Lapdun. Make sure his plan succeeds." The Leprechaun better not fail him and return with a new artifact and the corpse of the Brown Sentinel. He was not to be meddled with, that one. Strong like a mountain as his element dictates. But strong enough to fend off both Generals and Lapdun? That was yet to be seen. The lives of his friends were at stake, after all. And if there's anything those mortals care about, it's those sickly sweet things like friendship, family, and love. Those darker of heart cared more for fame and riches, but Sentinels were never known to be particularly dark of heart. Oh, how that would be wishful thinking. Wishes... as Lapdun had proven already those were something the mortals were also not quite careful with. An idea sparked his mind, a plan for later. Now all attention was on reclaiming the Talisman of the Many and obliterating the Sentinels.
Cue a mental shudder on Erin's end. Nenet, Avlazor, and Lapdun were all going after Clay now
Hey, we can mentally have a chat with Novus and Fate, can't we? Erin chimed. Why not Clay as well? Why not warn Novus and Fate so they can warn Clay instead? Not a very strange or stupid idea. But would it work?
I doubt we can contact him from the depths of the Underworld. We're lucky we can talk to each other. Gawain sighed. It seemed rather hopeless, being trapped down here.
Well aren't you a little ray of sunshine... Erin remarked. She smiled, if she could, at Dmitri. Though it was maybe a bit unrealistic, his optimism was what they needed then and there. They couldn't just give up hope and let their powers and souls be drained into the smelly leprechaun.
---
Fate didn't have children. Pretty difficult when you're a biologically immortal embodiment of an abstract concept (now that's a mouthful). But she'd be damned if she didn't feel some motherly instinct. Towards Sentinels of the past, towards the current Sentinels, and definitely towards the bright young mind darting through the Coven. Just look at how the child is glowing after a small but genuine compliment.
"Right, right," Novus nodded. "They can be tricked, but it's... tricky. We could surely use your brother's help in this, couldn't we?" he turned to Fate.
"Chance would likely make things even worse than they already are," Fate scorned. Her brother was a troublemaker. His advise might help them out, but it could just as likely make things take a turn for the even worse.
"We just have to find something to tempt Lapdun then," Novus tapped his chin and fluttered up. "Something magical. Something shiny. Something he wouldn't be able to resist. Something...something." Was that an idea starting to form in the back of his mind?

If he can't move NO mountains it means that he CAN... This wasn't quite the time to correct the Cowboy on his Southern Slang though. Clay's crying, and that's no good. It's rarely a good thing when someone starts to cry. But Clay, of all people? It showed how much he cared, which undoubtedly was a good thing. What's less of a good thing is the signals of magic slowly taking over. Of Lapdun's spell, his grip on the Sentinel, slowly tightening.
"We're all with you indeed," Novus nodded. "We'll think of a plan to help you out."

Picking his head up from his hands, Clay revealed his distressed face. The reassurance from everybody was comforting in his time of need. He's supposed to be the strong one. The one in the team that lifts boulders and smashes them into monsters' faces. Not the one tearing up because of a leprechaun. He sniffled. Reminds him of the movies where the tough character is being vulnerable and turning to the support of the literal supporting characters of the film. While Lapdun was smugly taking his Sentinel prizes with him to the mountain where Clay would dig up the treasure, said cowboy was picking himself up. "Right. Thank you..." he glanced at all of his friends. He lost some of them, but not all of them. And they will get the others back. He swore it.
"Quinn, help me find something to keep the leppy out of my head so I can think straight in the meantime. Novus, it sounds like you got an idea? What could we give Lapdun he can't resist?" he picked up on Novus' glint of an idea brewing. If it's what Clay's thinking...well, listen and find out first. This is a plan, sort of. More of one than he had five minutes ago.
---
On a mountain, having transported through magic, Lapdun flashed his Sentinel merchandise out so they can see their location. This mountain....is possibly not even in Ebongrove. Definitely located in a forest but probably one farther away than that. Clay'll be able to get there by magic. "Tis right ...here." Lapdun marked the spot with a stone pattern. "Here it is, witch. Feel that hum?" Lapdun directed Nenet to it. Yes, far underground a feint hum lingered... old and constant. The chest buried within requires magic, but only one possessed by a certain cowboy. "Bring that wretched fool hence to me, cause if ya don't Vorkalth won't be free," he commanded, sensing the Legion having their own motives here. He isn't stupid. Avlazor watched and waited like a bodyguard.
This is bad.... Benji chimed to the others, a lone clover.

Heightening her stance and kicking her heels together in a snap of attention, Quinn threw an over ambitious military salute. "Yes sir!" As if she'd been waiting for this all her li--oh wait she has been waiting her entire life some something like this to happen. Her skills would come in handy, directly. She'd be enthusiastic about life here but she hadn't gotten to be super duper useful yet. She kind of helped Erin at the lakefront but that was different. Now she has a hand in fighting off something evil. She was very happy Clay got his act together and output good mojo. A little pish and nice words did the trick?
Seconds later she found herself by books, looking for a way to keep Lapdun away from Clay's head. Lots of spellbooks with spells of a spell variety in them, some cook books, one or two volumes of a translation directory. Bookmarking those for later. Climbing atop shelves she played a little game of catch with Sprout, letting him catch what she tossed down. It's remarkable just out little there is here on removing a binding from a leprechaun, or at the very least weakening it a bit. "Oh, here's a--!" Quinn sounded as if she were on a breakthrough. Her cheeks flushed red. "Never mind. But I do think the diary of an ancient, erhm....escort of the people has found its way onto these shelves. I'll just put that back for safe keeping." Could that be the doing of Chance again? Like what are the chances of that happening to be here? The filth!

A few minutes went by as she picked up on something Novus said. Well she heard it already but it clicked in her mind finally. "Leprechauns chase rainbows, I think. Why not give him the biggest rainbow to chase and even turn me into a unicorn to trot along it and lead him away?" She snapped her fingers. "OR USE THE ACTUAL UNICORN FROM AVALON!" The real unicorn didn't even occur until after she'd volunteered to make herself a horned steed. Brave or silly, one can never decide.
---
Optimism leads to greater disappointment than any other trait. Dmitri had hoped Clay got the boost he needed because heaven knows he will need it. This monster plus the biggest brute and scariest sorceress will be no small feat to accomplish. That's if he even fights at all. Don't blame him for being so idealistic. It is that drive that keeps him hopeful for a brighter tomorrow. Life as a slave taught him that lesson. Glimpses into what can be the future are enough to reach out and grab onto in the dark. Now here he is! A blue....rag. The rabbit foot girl just felt defeated. She's right about the Coven getting to work as they spoke but she's just tired. Being turned into this thing and having her power drained from her is slowly having an affect on her.
Ha, I get it! Ray of sunshine! Dmitri randomly broke mentally to the others. Humor in the dark.
If she could, April would roll her eyes. I have a bad feeling, a worse one than before, April chimed in without acknowledging Erin's pun.
Because light is his thing... Dmitri kept on. She sighed.
We get it, sweetie. We get it.

Transported to a mountain top with a breath of fresh air and light gave such a nice change of scenery for the dark and dreary Underworld. April and Dmitri both felt better but not better at the same time. We should try contacting Clay now! Before it's too late, April alarmed the others now that they're above ground.
Nenet twisted her fingers in the air and rolled her neck. "Call me witch again and the Sentinel becomes giant to step on you, worm," Nenet warned Lapdun of his ways. Examining her surroundings she did sense the artifact underground. Buried deep but a different magick blocking the way. They do need the Ranger, indeed. "Ick thio b'yum la, Shaking Earth, fwiss.." Nenet chanted, leaving the last word on a hiss. She will bring forth this Sentinel with the aid of Lapdun's hold, for that's all that allowed her power to even touch the Coven's protection.

"What he seems to want more than anything else is power. Strong magic," Novus said, tapping his chin. "And what could be more powerful than the very artifact that holds a piece of the first Sentinels' souls?" He flew to a corner of the Coven, picking a shiny pebble out of somewhere, and back to the center. He showed the pebble on the palm of his hand. "With just enough magic and trickery..." He cast a spell over the pebble and sure enough it appeared to change. A deep, brownish amber color with specks of light playing underneath the surface. As if something inside the stone itself was alive. "... we can create a very believable copy." The fairy held the illusional charm up against the light. "Pretty nifty piece of work, I'd say." A big grin crept across his face. Chance wasn't the only one who knew a thing or two about being a trickster and deceiving his opponents. Fate, meanwhile, smiled at Quinn once more. That enthusiasm would get her far in life as long as she wouldn't let it carry her away. There's a right balance in everything.
She furrowed her brow as Quinn stumbled upon the diary. Now how did that wind up here? It didn't seem to be the kind of book to be among their ancient tomes of magic and knowledge. It could easily be her brother's doing, or something that genuinely got misplaced. There's a fair number of "odd treasures" in this ancient magical hideout.

"Leprechauns do chase rainbows indeed. As a matter of fact they ecven use them as a ways of transportation. And it would indeed be more than fitting to use the Unicorn as a way of defeating Lapdun," she nodded. "But we won't be changing you into a unicorn. That would be too much of a risk." The girl could get hurt. Fate didn't want that on her conscience. And she wouldn't want to do that to Dylan either.
---
Erin and Gawain looked around them, as far as they could do so in their current form. A mountain in the forest. Not Ebongrove as far as Erin could tell. Not any place Gawain had seen before as far as he could tell. They felt the hum from the magic coming from deep inside the earth.
Ya think so? Erin chimed to Benji. It was only a tricky leprechaun together with two of the most powerful beings from the Underworld that were waiting there for Clay to show up. She felt her energy and power slowly being drained from her, and that made her just a tad grumpy.
This should get interesting, Gawain noted. Lapdun was pissing off at least one of the two generals that were supposed to help him. If the leprechaun would take it too far... Well, not that he expected the generals to suddenly come to the Sentinels' aid, but at the very least Clay (and later hopefully the rest of them) would be dealing with the leprechaun alone. A whole lot less threatening.

"Well slap my knee and call me Bessy, Novus, you did it!" Clay said, already being the one to slap his knee. He yoinked the replica charm from the fairy's hand and looked at it in the light. Down to the detail it's a perfect copy of Clay's charm. To the magic users its definitely a fake but to the greedy it passes for the real thing. Lapdun wants power and no repercussions to his actions, no limits. The Earth Charm provides power and few rules. If, that is, being bound by fate doesn't count as a set of rules to begin with. The eyes of the cowboy fluttered before Quinn's unicorn outburst. The enthusiasm on that girl is not rivaled by anything. She's got this certain way of carrying herself that's indicative of a person meant for good things. She won't get to those good things by being normal, he felt.
After slipping the fake charm into his pocket for later he felt the call of Nenet and Lapdun. No, literally, felt it. Ethereal hands formed from the lep's magic, powered by the sphinx. The grip is tight and unwelcome. "Guess this is my cue. Listen y'all, I'm gonna get everyone back even if it kills me. Don't worry bout me, just do what you can to get them back. The others, Riley and all them other people trapped. My life don't matter compared to them all. In case it goes south, thank you for showing me a new family," Clay gave a heartfelt thank you to Novus and the others. He knew he may be in danger of dying. Dylan's death proved the risk is real. But people matter to him. It's how he was raised. And in his home away from home this is a family he wants to be in. Their lives are more important than his own, to him. Varmints are gonna have to go through him, first.
---
Fading into the scene, Clay appeared before three terrors on a mountain top. Avlazor led himself to a clap. "Aha! Brown here!"
Lapdun irritatingly rubbed his ear, or where it should be on the monstrous body of his, in annoyance. Using Benji's vine power he wrapped a vine around the basilisk's mouth to shut him up. Huh... I should remember that, Benji chimed to everyone. It stung to feel his power being used, only draining him faster. While Avlazor struggled to free his mouth, Lapdun approached Clay with snide glances. "You're finally here for me. Do I here any plea? Can't say I do so let us get to it. Right here you're gonna dig using your power. Dig until you can't dig anymore."

Benji watched him. He tried mentally calling out to him... but he couldn't. Lapdun's power lets them talk to one another but not to anyone but themselves. How does this work?? "Now when I do this, I want my friends and all them people to go free. I might have a little something for ya," Clay bartered with the leprechaun.
Lapdun swatted the air. "Bah! Just dig! No bargaining!" And so Clay dug. Hyping himself up to bat he stood where directed, channeled his geo-kinetic power and engaged himself in a long, deep drill-like spin. He pierced the Earth, dirt flying about, making a giant mess of his clothes even at a high speed. Further and further he digs until he hits something beneath the surface. A slab of stone? "Got something," Clay shouts up from the hole. Grabbing hold of it, Lapdun raised him up with magic out of the hole. Clay was filthy but he had something. Encased in a stone slab...the Talisman of the Many. The ancient relic with tremendous power.
"Ahh! Do my eyes trick me? MY TALISMAN! Give it to me now!"
Clay stopped for a moment. "Wait. How bout we work something else out? Say I give you my charm. You want power? It's got it. Untapped, endless power. I'll give it to ya right now, but you git this only if you let everyone go."

Lapdun furrowed his massive brow. He isn't going to entertain this. But... as Clay held up his 'charm' he got curious. A charm can complete his Sentinel collection. The power of all six? Why bother letting them go when he can kill Clay? He wants the Talisman more. He...isn't asking for it, though? Like he can't just take it. It seems obvious that Clay was not only the one to dig it out...but because of Earth power, he's the only one who can relinquish it? The legend may have more detail. Clay waited for an answer. "I.... yes, give me the stone. Then I let your friends go and I get what I want." He gets the Earth charm and Earth power? He gets the Talisman.
Without hesitation, Clay tossed the 'charm' to Lapdun. He lep caught it with ease, all too thrilled to get his hands on it. Thinking he had the power, the burst flame to Nenet and blinded Avlazor with light. "You two mean nothing to me," he said, focusing in on the earth. But...nothing?

"Got ya," Clay said. He picked up on Earth being the key to even touching this damned thing. So Clay took the Amulet and put it on...himself. The power surged over his body, almost knocking him out. Brought to his knees, Clay let out an ear-piercing scream and cast a spell from the Talisman that released the others of their prison back into human form. Including Riley and the people from the track, who have been released back to the track where he race resumed as normal without a trace of oddities. The Talisman erupted in rainbow light, as if its almost godly powers awoke. Clay felt a second of bliss and godhood before taking the talisman off and smashing it on the ground, destroying it forever. With it, he felt like he could do anything he wanted. But nobody should have that power. Even a good guy. Lapdun growled. "MY TALISMAN! NO!"
Benji, now himself again, immediately felt his body and the comfort of having a body. He checked to see if he was intact and he was! "We're back!" He found himself at Clay's side, helping the big guy up. "You did it. You saved us," he said, thankful beyond words.

Quinn threw her arms around herself in a fit of sarcastic frustration. Being told she isn't going to be transformed into a big pink unicorn running along a rainbow is such a downer. False Charms drew her attention back in reality. "A Charm of deception? There's something in an old codex about things like that. Looking like another thing due to magic; it was very common for thieves to use. But this will work perfectly!" she said, admiring the fake Charm to be used by Clay, made by Novus. Whether she could locate the codex she mentioned here or not is to be determined but she felt butterflies in her stomach stirring. She doesn't know when her actual birthday is but she's definitely going to ask for a fake Charm of her own. Just to wear around.
She got a tear down her cheek, watching Clay go away. Nenet is a powerful witch. Quinn hasn't met her yet but she knows everything about her. "Don't die, Clay. Please?" And like that, the selfless cowboy was no longer in the Coven.
---
"I have brought the Sentinel here. Hold your end of the bargain. Try nothing, fool, or you'll be filleted." Nenet spoke boldly and unkindly. The vine over Avlazor's mouth, though. "I'll have to keep that in mind," she said much like Benji had thought. For once, she and a Sentinel had a common thought: Shutting up the basilisk. April and Dmitri watched, unable to tell Clay not to go through with this. He'd be unleashing a heavy power on this sonofabitch Lapdun, a power that should never be given to something so foul. If he gets the talisman he wins. The Legion had the Eye, now a leprechaun gets the Many. Artifacts just aren't meant to go to the good guys are they? Never mind what Excalibur did for the team...at the cost of one of their own. Please God don't let that happen again.
Lapdun tensing up at the mention of Clay's Charm, not walking over and just taking the Talismen... hmm. Guys, I think only an Earth bender of sorts can touch the thing. Clay has the upper hand, April told everyone on their link. How right she is.

Having the Charm means he'll have the talismen, so Clay tossing his charm to him is a natural option. Now, the only thing...that's... DID CLAY THROW HIS CHARM TO HIM? WHAT. THE. FUUUUCK? There has to be some trick in play. If there isn't, Clay's just gone bananas and the world is doomed.
Nenet had nearly been roasted from Lapdun's outburst. He thought he'd outsmarted them all. But he had no power? "Seems you have been tricked, imbecile." She might be a little proud of Clay for tricking the trickster. Shit, what is happening here?

But finally, at long last, they were free! Back in human form! April and Dmitri burst out, their bodies restored and getting good stretches in on the ground. April back on her ow two feet, not a rabbit foot. Dmitri, no long a rag, but wearing fabric instead! The light...Clay...it's remarkable. "He's got the power! Like a lot of power!" April shouted, finding the light from it to be...loud? Possible or not, she's yelling. Short lived, given the smashing. Nigel Thornberry is proud. April and Dmitri took deep breaths, Dmitri also helping Clay up to his feet, April hugging the bastard tighter than she ever did anyone before.
"Thank you, thank you, thank you. I knew you'd come through for us," she said.
"You had power...serious power... and you destroyed it? And how did you get a fake charm?" Dmitri asked. He maybe doesn't understand why somebody, even good, might not need to have the unlimited power of that thing. It's better of destroyed. "I don't mean to come off ungrateful, I swear!" He smiled.

Novus and Fate watched as Clay left, summoned by the combined call of Nenet's magic and Lapdun's influence over him. "He'll come back," Novus said, seemingly more to himself than anyone else. "He's got to." This generation had already lost one Sentinel, which wasn't meant to happen. Sure, they've regained someone new, but it certainly shook them all to the core. It wasn't meant to happen. If they'd lose another Sentinel... who's to say there will be someone else to take Clay's place? They were going to need everyone in their upcoming fight against the Legion, the Time of Prophecy meaning this would be the decisive battle for all the worlds connected to the Web.
---
Erin and Gawain watched as Clay appeared, being commanded to dig until he found what Lapdun desired. Was he really going to do it? Did he even have a choice? Erin mentally chuckled as Benji commented on shutting Avlazor up by making a vine grow over his mouth. That really would be convenient, yes. Probably it was one of the very few ways to make the Basilisk keep quiet. They watched as Clay dug and dug, soil flying around. If they hadn't been inanimate objects, they'd be holding their breath to see what was going to happen next. A call came from the hole, and Lapdun lifted Clay out, the latter holding a slab of stone, undoubtedly with the artifact hidden within.
Seems so, indeed. Makes sense too. Why else would Lapdun specifically need Clay to do the dirty work for him? Gawain pondered, not intending the incidental pun regarding the dirt. Erin mentally nodded. Then she yelped in surprise as Clay just tossed is Charm over like nobody's business.
IS HE OUT OF HIS MIND?! she shouted in the mental link. As if the yelling and being an inanimate object weren't tiring enough, Lapdun immediately proceed to throw fire at Nenet and blind Avlazor with a bright flash. Their powers being used almost hurt them physically, despite the lack of physical form. Surprise surprise... she mumbled as the leprechaun revealed neither of the two generals had meant anything to him. Just a means to an end, right?

But instead of the world ending, they were all suddenly freed and reverted back to their human forms. Erin and Gawain stretched their limbs, taking a welcome breath of fresh mountain air.
"I have no idea what precisely happened," Erin said, "but whatever it was, we can sure say it... worked like a charm." She very much intended that pun.
"Hey, I get it, it's because..." Gawain started, pulling a Dmirti.
"Yeah, yeah. It was bad. I'll see myself out once we've kicked this motherfucker's ass," Erin rolled her shoulders, taking a ready-for-battle stance. "Thanks for saving us all, Clay. I don't know how much longer we would have lasted."
---
Vorkalth had to very much agree with Erin's sentiment. He was not in the slightest surprised the trickster had planned on betraying him. Tricksters were never to be trusted. They saw everything as a means to an end, just to get better themselves. In that regard, however, Vorkalth wasn't much different. Lapdun had, to him, been nothing but a means to an end. A way to get the Talisman of the Many. An artifact that would now belong to nobody, since the Brown Sentinel had chosen to destroy it instead of utilize it. Such a shame, such a waste of power.
With a gesture he opened a portal to his realm, beckoning Avlazor and Nenet to return.
"This is his battle now. Our forces will not support him now that he has betrayed us. The leprechaun is on his own," he called through the portal for everyone to hear.

Clay continuously panted for breath. He touched godhood and rejected in in the same instance. That leaves a mark on a person. Transcending all of human comprehension. The talisman is gone forever. The power in it could have done great things but it felt so easy to slip into the wrong hands or turn the right hands into wrong ones. The power does not need to exist. "A wizard did it," Clay answered Dmitri. The false charm had since been tossed aside in a fit of anger.
"Looks like your party guests are leaving," Benji said to Lapdun, noting Avlazor begrudgingly picking at the vine and walking through the portal with Nenet. He winced for the vine to come off. Will someone please take if off of him? How will he eat??
The distraction was just that to the Legion. A distraction from the real task at hand.

"I do not need them. I will eliminate you all myself!" Lapdun fit into rage. "We shall play a wee little game to settle this," Lapdun said, attempting to control Clay once again. But...nothing. The spell is broken. Frustrated, the shoemaker mirage put up a good front even now as he kneels down to polish his shoes before combat. Why kick someone with dirty feet when you can kick them with shiny feet?
Clay stood up, popping his neck and agreeing with Erin it was high time to kick some ass. "I'm done playin'. Essencia Awaken!" Clay shouted, real charm in hand. Benji nodded, feeling ready and following suit, the two of them bursting in colorful elements. Six flashes of red, white, blue, green, brown and gold reflected in Lapdun's very shiny shoes. The leprechaun tilted his head in the gaze of six angry Sentinels restored to full strength. "You like shoes? Taste ours!" Clay said.

"Wait a moment, we can arrange a deal. See, at the end of that rainbow lies a...--" Lapdun bartered.
"Sentinel Groundpound!" Clay interrupted with a new group attack. All together he had the team jump up and kick Lapdun from all angles, flipping back off of him and pounding the ground, sending colored waves of energy right for him. Lapdun was overcome with pain and numbers. Unlucky! He flew over a boulder, rolling on his side. Six kicks and six waves leaving him with six brain cells. Leprechauns are supposed to be whimsical and tricky. This ones just a mess. Clay ran up to him and grabbed him by the legs, swinging him around and around, faster and faster like an Olympic athlete in the hurl. "Yeeeehaw!" Clay called, releasing him from his grasp and right into a mountainside. A nice leprechaun dent was left in his wake. Sparks flew and the lep erupted in energy. "You varmints don't ever mess with my friends again!" Before a retort, Lapdun wobbled along to clear space.

"Small as my kind be, I will use remnants of your power and grow ten times as tall as thee!" Lapdun shouted, bursting in energy and sprouting himself up to giant proportions. He stomped around, enjoying his new height. Living the life of fantasy for a leprechaun.
Stumbling around in the quakes, the team rolled around and narrowly escaped being squished. "Bring out the beasts!" Clay yelled. And out came the six beasts of legend! Time to transform and knock this thing down back to size. "Titan Megazord! Yeehaw!" Clay shouted. No new form but... okay?
Standing by Gawain's mech the two giants faced off against Lapdun. "I'm so over this guy!" Benji said.
"Time for a southern barnyard ruckus!" Clay announced, the megazord tipping its invisible cowboy hat to the monster. Someone, anyone attack!

"Farewell, Lapdun. May the Sentinels slay you," Nenet bid the leprechaun farewell. Treachery will not be tolerated. Punishment for such acts is leaving pitiful creatures like him to their fate. Go Rangers, go Rangers!
Fake charm for bait... excellent! Dmitri smiled, making mental note to find the fake charm after they kill this thing. He isn't going to keep it for himself, absolutely not, no. No that's something only a loser would do and he isn't some geeky fanboy...

Playtime is certainly over for this lep. "Let's show him what he gets for capturing all of those people and ourselves. But most importantly... for screwing with our friend," April said. Dmitri nodded. "I couldn't agree more. Essencia Awaken!" The two of them flashed, morphing along the others, feeling the elements surround them and empower them with glorious fashion. Lapdun's excellent taste in footwear isn't going to save him. What, did he just try to offer a shoe cleaning for his own hide? To be lead by a cowboy is an experience. They only missed a western-style showdown screen and revolvers on their hips. You dun came to the wrong parts here, varmint, said every cowboy in cinema ever.
"Sentinel Groundpound!" Is that really at the end of the rainbow? They interrupted the slimey monster in the middle of his offer. Best kick him hard enough and send him there! April and Dmitri flipped up, kicking hard into Lapdun and coming down with heavy pulses of energy. This is going to make such a good chapter in Quinn's diary. To have their bodies again, putting them to use the right way. Only the two of them hadn't really been used for elemental reasons by him. Less for them to feel weary over than the others. They aren't sad about missing out, though.

Clay really let him have it. Going up against him alone, swinging him like a toy into the mountain. It's inspiring. The strong fighting the unlucky. All because his friends were hurt. That's.. really touching. He was so driven, so motivated. Things down south aren't all dinners and music. Family. You don't fuck with someones family, that's for sure.
Then, Lapdun got big. Like really big. No Nenet necromancy or anything like it. April jumped back a bit, Dmitri shielding himself with...his arms. Like they'd protect him form being squished. This is his second outing as a Ranger. His second. "Oh boy, the beasts are back!" he said. The giant things made him happy!
Joining with capricorn and hippogriff, Dmitri and April mended with the others. "Titan Megazord! Y--" they followed, almost going with Clay's yeehaw. Is that some kind of power up? Cowboy mode? Cowboy Titan, yeeeeehaw?
"He likes shoes? How about these?" April said, taking the first initiative and kicking Lapdun with in his side. Again and again, both legs! Payback for being a rabbits foot! She didn't verbalize that part.
Dmitri focused, conjuring up something from the zord's core. "Can't have clean shoes without a little water!" Cue the megazord firing a stream of water at firefight-hose-speed. That is a hefty stream, certainly going to sting.

"Nobody gets away with trapping innocent people in coins. Nor with changing us into inanimate objects," Erin huffed.
"Nor will they get away with taking control over our friend," Gawain chimed in, very much agreeing with what had already been said. The two of them grabbed their charms, feeling the energy flow through their bodies. "Essencia Awaken!" they called. Flashes of light and heat of flames spread around them, and once more they had transformed. Lapdun was going to pay for what he had done. Nothing and nobody could save him. Even the Legion abandoned his treacherous ass. Under other circumstances they might have felt somewhat sorry for the Leprechaun, but right now...? They most definitely did not.
"Sentinel Groundpound!" they followed this new group attack. Screw whatever magical mythical mystery may be waiting at the end of the rainbow. They didn't care in the slightest. They kicked into Lapdun, knocking him into the ground. No more making deals with any kind of monster.

Gawain and Erin watched as Clay grabbed the monster by the legs and swung him into the side of the mountain. Involuntarily, they couldn't help but wince. It left a flipping dent in the mountain. A DENT. In the MOUNTAIN. Boy, some future archaeologist is going to have a field day with that!
Seemed like Lapdun didn't even need Nenets dark magic in order to grow to giant size. This one managed to do it all by himself. Yikes! Time to roll aside and avoid being squashed to pancakes by the shoes of the shoe-obsessed monster. Yeah, this would be the perfect time to call in the help of their giant mythical friends. Titan Megazord and Chevalier Megazord stood side by side, facing off against Lapdun. They were done playing.
"Here, let me help you dry up," Erin offered the dripping wet giant Leprechaun, firing a ray of flames at him.
"I can't really join in on the pun-fest over there, so I'm just gonna hit you," Gawain announced, plain, simple, and straight to the point he moved and punched Lapdun square in the jaw.

Soaking wet to scorching dry, riddled with kicks the leprechaun stumbled back through the mountain range. Golden uppercut softened him up for a storm of arrows from the centaur arms bow. Green energy bolts pelted down illuminated by golden light coming from Gawain's punch. Unlucky. "Daring all of you may be but you will never catch me!" Lapdun screamed, leaping up to the sky. He caught on to something glimmering in the mix of light and water vapor from Dmitri's attack in the air. Lapdun caught onto a rainbow and hitched himself on it like a surfer riding waves. "So long Power Rangers!" Lapdun made his getaway.
"Oh no you don't, ye varmint!" Clay immediately took over the reigns of the main fives megazord and jumped. Instead of riding it surfer-style, Clay gripped on the bottom and slid along the ends of the rainbow. Lapdun looked behind. "What is this??"
"Yeeeeeehaw!" Clay yelled, hoisting their zord up on the rainbow. How two giant beings stood on a spectrum of light the world will never know. Throwing a right hook with his arm, a left hook with the green arm, Clay threw punches left and right. It isn't gonna be made easy for this entrapping luck-stealer. "Ain't nobody gonna mess with MY friends and all them people. You fixin' to go...down!" Clay said, punching Lapdun right in his face, knocking the giant monster off of the rainbow and back onto the ground. Summoning the megazord saber, Clay led the final assault on a downed lep. "Earthshattering Strike!" He jumped down, blade in their hand as he drove the blade charged in colorful Essencia right into Lapdun's core.
"This be...unlucky..." The lep spoke his final words, going up in a heaping pile of flame. The Titan turned away. "Varmint Vanquished!" Clay said, a spin on Villain Vanquished. Hey, let him...
---
Cut to the derby. Riley continued the race, all of the horses running with jockeys commanding their speed increase. Riley and Hoofnanny catching up in second place. Benji remembered how Clay tamed Hoofnanny with ease. The cowboy told Fate and company how Riley had not many growing up. He and Clay may lose touch on occasion but they'll always be there for one another. The look on Riley's face, seeing his best friend and new friends there to cheer him on. All of them together, having their day 'off' finally, able to just relax and take part in something wholesome and fertilizer-scented. That...may not be the greatest way to say they're having fun. Exposure for long enough periods, though, will reduce sensitivity to it though.

"Go Riley! Go, Riley go!" Clay shouted form the bleachers under voices of the other audience members. The announcers capping everything as it happens, a close race between RIley and who's in first place. No side affects of all being turned to golden shillings. They didn't remember a thing. Strange that all of these people just an hour ago were coins. Southern determination and passion for friends saved them. And the Talismen is gone as a result, but its better off gone forever than in anybody's hands. Even good hands for that matter. Feelings remained in Clay's head, tidbits and pieces of what the power was. Raising a hand up looking like he's cheering but he's just unconsciously stretching out to deal with a migraine. How long is that gonna last? He embraced godhood. That feeling is going to be Hell to shake off.

Accidentally, as Clay snapped back to it he flicked a finger so that dirt under the lead racers horse would shift. Now this didn't hurt the horse but it did scare it slightly so it drifted left. Riley seized the chance and got to first, where he would later cross the finish line in first place! The crowd went absolutely wild. Benji gave Clay this look. "I...welp, that's a new kind of accident. Aye, I never--" Clay said, interrupted by cotton candy shoved in the mouth. Rolling his eyes, he chomped on the cotton candy and stood up, clapping his hands for his friend.

The race came to an end and Clay would later find his friend on the grounds for a congratulations, petting Hoofnanny in the process. "I can't believe I won! Luck must have really been on my side." Riley... had no idea what happened today, right?
Either way, there was a brief pause. Riley then looked at Clay's friends. "Not used to winning. But this was my best race yet... you guys are like lucky charms or something," he said. This sent Clay into a fit of deep laughter. Benji chuckled, but Clay laughed the kind of laugh where someone's getting nudged. Lucky charms... that's sort of perfect. No big lesson or deep meaning. Clay's just happy to have this moment. Happy to have his friends. But he'll never eat Lucky Charms again.

END OF TALE 10

TALE 11: A Penny For Your Thoughts

The sky was on fire, or so it seemed. Colored in shades of red, orange, and yellow. Slight hints of a golden shine here and there. The red turned crimson, and at the edges my vision was fading to black. In a way, the sky was beautiful. Stunning. But there was that unsettling feeling of looming danger and utter doom. It found its way into every nook and cranny of my being and made itself at home. Footsteps echoed between the darkened walls. I blinked slowly, trying to get the darkness to leave my eyesight. It didn't work. Nope, it just blacked out a little more. The footsteps aren't mine, clearly. There's nothing special about them either. Not a limp, not a little jump. Yet these particular footsteps are so familiar

The blazing sky is high above me. Below me is just the cold smooth stone of the floor, with the mosaic of a five-point star embedded in it. Somewhere in these walls is a door. An entrance to the Coven, that by now I know. The staircase looks like it's leading straight up into the sky. I can't help it, but Stairway to Heaven briefly crosses my mind. There's something going on up there, but I don't know what it is. My mind feels like it's filled with rags and cotton balls. Stuffed, fluffy, incapable of thinking. I can't move. Just what the heck is this? Am I paralyzed? Being held down? I can't see anyone doing it so... Another thought... Am I, maybe, dying? Too severely injured? It would explain the numbness in my body. If only I knew what the heck was going on. All I know is that I can't move, something's approaching, the sky is on fire... and a doomy thing. This really, really sucks.

It was the dream again. THAT dream. Although she'd dreamed it many times, it had been a while since it had plagued her. Now it was back, slightly clearer than last time. Erin shot up, panting heavily and drenched in sweat. The scar Garm had left on her arm felt like it was burning on the inside. She quickly glanced beside her, hoping she hadn't woken April up by accident. Erin didn't know whether she'd been talking in her sleep, maybe yelped before leaping up. Wearily she pushed herself up and waddled to the bathroom, splashing some water on her face and attempting to cool the scars. It almost seemed to be throbbing. Three crimson red lines. She shook her head, waddling back to the bed, flopping down and pulling the blanket up to her chin. There was an awful lot going on in her mind, but if she hoped to sleep again, she'd have to push it all aside, empty her mind, and just try to forget. But how could I ever forget... Dylan, I'm so sorry... Tears rolled down her cheeks. She thought the tears had stopped coming, yet here she was, weeping once more.
---
The plan was to go out for lunch together, and pray to whichever deity listening in on them that the Legion would not ruin this afternoon as well. Quinn was welcome to come along if she wanted to. It could be a good thing to introduce her to the realm of Earth too. And to Waffles! Erin didn't think Nexilis had waffles. At least they didn't have a Waffle House.
It had been mere days since Lapdun had turned all the people at the derby into coins, and five out of six Sentinels into his personal Lucky Charms. Erin lingered outside, watching a small clock of birds sitting on a tree branch. Ravens, she noticed.
"Hey Chance, you there?" Erin called towards the birds, who just cawed back. Although Erin definitely had the feeling the birds were watching her somehow, peering into her soul with those beady eyes. She shook off the thought and settled down in the grass, back rested against the trunk of the tree. That dream... no matter how much she tried she couldn't shake it off her mind. Although the weather was pleasant, goosebumps ran down her arms. She failed to feel much warmer. Relax, Erin. It's just a dream. She had told herself that during her fist cup of coffee that morning. Then again during the second. Again during the third...The unsettling feeling that had nestled in her stomach refused to leave.

She nearly leaped into the sky as Gawain called her name, standing right next to her. The ravens in the tree over seemed to caw at her in laughter.
"Are you alright?" he asked. "I've called your name a dozen times at least."
"Yeah yea... I'm fine. I-I just... didn't sleep too well last night," Erin smiled at him.
"You do look rather exhausted. I didn't say so because I didn't want to offend."
"Very charming," Erin chuckled. "So where's Dmitri and Quinn? I thought you three would get here together?"
"They're not here yet?" Gawain glanced around. "They left before I did. I still had something to take care of."
"Well, they should be here soon then. Same for Clay and April," Erin shrugged and leaned back against the tree again.
---
Vorkalth laced his bony fingers together in the deep dark drenches of the underworld. Lapdun had, unsurprisingly, perished after betraying them. It mattered not. What did bother him was the destruction of the Talisman of the Many. Sure, the Sentinels didn't possess it, but neither did they. Such ancient, powerful magic, now gone forever. Lapdun's greed and wish-granting magic, however, had given him an idea. A little curse in the disguise of a blessing, slowly draining people of their lifeforce, empowering the Legion's forces. He spun the magic between his hands.
"Nenet, I am going to need your help with something. We're going to place a curse on a place in that wretched city the Sentinels call home."

Last edited:
April slept rather peacefully through the night. Stirring only a couple of times due to her bladder or random fits of her arms deciding they'd like to whack against the wall in her sleep. The poor sap who ends up with her may just get a black eye in their sleep if she doesn't give herself one. By nine in the morning she had awoke, gotten ready and headed out the door all without waking Erin on her side of the room. Carefully she tip toed through, not to trip over her own backpack. All of her homework was finished, as well. Say... if time here stays still when they go to other realms, could she not take her books to study while there? She'd have days or weeks more to study! Cheating? Maybe... but she'd be so ahead in her classes if she studied that way. Today everybody wanted to grab lunch together, so it only seemed natural they do it at Brubeck's. April suggested so, that is. They can always go somewhere else if they would rather not dine in April's family business. Awkwardly having lunch just under her childhood home... On second thought having lunch elsewhere isn't a bad idea.
"Early bird gets the worm," April's mom greeted her as she slipped in her time card.
"Morning, mom," she replied with a passing kiss on the head. She tied her apron around her waist and got to work. For a change April had beaten her brothers to work. Good on her and bad on them, considering they live on the second floor of the building. Brubeck's is in one of those home/business places where the second and third floors are a home and the ground floor is the business. April would continue living there had it not been far from the school. It's easier for her to stay o campus and work when she's available. Being the White Ranger has added to her extra curricular keeping her out of work and home.

Taking an order she held back a pint of disgust on sight of a customers keychain. Rabbit's foot...

Following the hours April had started her day, Dmitri began his with Quinn. They left the Coven ahead of Gawain. If not for Quinn's relentless tugging at his sleeve then Dmitri would have waited for the Knight. The opportunity did arise for the two of them to stroll through the woods. Just like they did back on the lakefront. But now they aren't slaves. Stepping out so the ruins stayed hidden is always neat. The two of them may or may not have did the whole 'foot in, foot out' thing the others had done on their first visit to the Coven. Stepping in to see ruins, then stepping out to not see anything at all. That's a cool trick.
"Dmitri..."
"Yeah, Quinn?"
The two continued along the path in the woods. "Have you ever thought about your parents? Your real parents?"
Taken aback, Dmitri scratched his head. "Sometimes. My mind tends to fall on other things... probably sparing myself the pain. Have you thought about yours a lot lately?"
"In my dreams I've heard voices. Just little words. No 'demons-eating-my-brain' voices," she explained, "just voices I imagine my parents having. My dad's gruff and stern but my mom is sweet and breezy."
Dmitri laughed. "Are you describing the voices Clay and April describe when talking about Grondo and Ainya?"
"...I see one of our trail markers, that's the right way." He's totally right. She did, however, see trail markers. Markers helped them not get to confused in these woods. They were almost unending. Parents weren't a subject they talked about a lot, oddly enough. Rustling through leaves and pulling back low branches and plants, Dmitri hid a frown. Quinn does not speak often about what-ifs. He feared she began wondering what if her parents...
Eventually they were out of the woods. Dmitri had seen Ebongrove before, as did Quinn, but the girl never really explored. Dressed well, but not too flashy, they blended in well enough. While Gawain had to go shopping, Quinn merely snaps her fingers and they have suitable clothes.
Nobody's turned heads at them yet, so the passersby were a check.

Waving their friends down, Dmitri briskly jogged over. "We left before you, Gawain. You beat us?"
"Well, somebody missed one of our markers and we circled the same tree cluster six times," Quinn interjected.
"Quinn...that somebody was you."
"... so are we eating at April's family place or are we going somewhere else?" Subject change!
---
Feels like centuries since their last excursion. Lapdun was a thorn in their side. A thorn Nenet almost felt gratitude for the Sentinels' removal of. They'd also denied them a powerful relic. No matter, for more relics wait discovery. This witch has her eyes on more than elementary trinkets such as the Many. Oh yes...that is a mere trinket compared to what she has in her claws. Kneeling to her alter, she perked up as spoken to.
"Curse? What manner of curse do you speak, my liege?"

Had the color green never been shown again, it would still be too soon. Transforming into a Sentinel is one thing. Transforming into a clover, foot of rabbit, rag, etc, is another. For Benji in particular it was unfortunate Lapdun wore his Ranger color primarily on his person. His closet had foolishly collected several green garments following his abilities. The draw to where your color out of suit and make it as obvious as possible who you are to viewers is real. Or is that considering hiding in plain sight? Either way, Benji felt a shudder having to slip on green today. He hadn't left his room a lot after the last fight. The orphanage was quiet, and three of the children were adopted! It's warming to ones heart seeing them go to a loving family but it is also heartbreaking when that child is part of your life and you lose them. Yes there are ways to stay in touch and keep tabs on them but it isn't the same as waking up and seeing them scarfing down pancakes in the kitchen with the other kids. Those who run the orphanage permit Benji to stay there, as it was his home for so long, and he more or less works there as a councilor for the kids. Art projects and group stuff. He may be there as a peer mentor but he's raised some of the little ones.

He didn't stay in his room out of sadness, though. He got a call from his brother Derek that he'd be coming to Ebongrove soon and in preparation... he decided to paint something! Shocker! Landscapes are easy enough, and they make lovely wall decor for a home.
Days and nights were spent with the scent of paint, paint thinner and the sound of brushstrokes on canvas. Bob Ross would be so proud of all the happy little trees. The landscape represented Ebongrove. Unintentionally featuring all of the Sentinel colors. But the elements they stand for called for it! Red in the sky for the morning under a golden sun, blue waters glistening under. White clouds in the pale sky with wild green and brown nature beneath. Adding a layer of clear coat (he finds that gloss to be on point), he realized that he was late for meeting everyone! Crap. Quickly he slipped into a pair of green skinny jeans and a black t shirt. He fixed his hair and made sure he didn't look like a walking butt.

He ran like hell to the meeting point. Just as Dmitri and Quinn arrived as Erin told Gawain who they were expecting. Tiny thing...she didn't mention Benji at all! "Oh, not expecting me then?" he asked directly behind Erin's tree of choice for leaning. Stood by, anyway.

See, for some when they make plans, they stick by them. They wait for their friends before eating, they skip the previews in a theater if someones late, they go above and beyond to make things equal. There isn't a thing wrong with that...and there isn't--to some--anything wrong with avoiding all of that jazz and going against the grain. Clay's hungry. He bid Riley farewell from their apartment as he polished the derby trophy and made it straight for Brubeck's. Whether it was the intended destination or not. If it was, he's early! If not then he at least gets to see April and they could walk together to wherever Erin wanted to go. Strolling in and holding the door for a lady on her way out, Clay swept inside to meet April at the counter. "Well howdy," he greeted and smiled, tipping his hat as he stepped over. "Reckon there's anywhere to get a nice cup o'coffee and some bacony biscuits?" Rhetorical question.

"Did I not...?" Erin glanced at Benji and frowned. Upon realizing she had indeed forgotten to mention him at all, she rubbed her face. "I'm so sorry... Of course I was expecting you as well!" Great start! Now she felt even more terrible than when she woke up this morning. The dream still bothered her, and the detail that bothered her most was that she'd had this dream so many times before. Every time it seemed to be getting a little bit clearer, but far from enough to properly make sense of it. Gloomy feelings aside, she couldn't help but chuckle lightly at the little banter between Dmitri and Quinn. Erin rose to her feet and dusted the dirt off her pants. Still no sign of Clay. Perhaps they'd run into him on the way to meeting up with April? It had slipped her mind prior, but April was probably at work today. And hey, April's family's restaurant was their go-to spot for grabbing lunch anyway.

"I wouldn't mind going to Brubeck's. They do have the best waffles in Ebongrove if you'd ask me," Erin smiled. "Plus, April's still at work there, so we'd have to quickly drop by and pick her up anyway."
"We can always see if we choose to head elsewhere, can't we?" Gawain chimed in. He didn't care where they'd have lunch, he just wanted food!
"Let's get going then," Erin hopped from one foot to the other. Felt like her legs had fallen asleep while she was sitting there. The tingles spread through her feet further up. Best try to stomp them out by hopping around and start walking. Awkward. Not as awkward as completely forgetting to mention your friend though, that's even worse. It didn't help in the slightest to improve her mood. Erin had been hiding it really hard from everyone else, but even without the nightmares she just felt off and gloomy. She liked Dmitri as a new friend, and she even found herself warming up to Quinn - something she'd never really considered possible before - but it just didn't feel right. Was she still beating herself up over Dylan's death? Definitely. If she hadn't told him to... Erin shook her head, her ponytail swaying behind her. No, I can't think like that... And yet she did.

Erin forced a smile back on her face and walked together with the others, down the street and into the city. They passed the park with the old wishing well, the cinema announcing new movies on large signs at the front (might be worth checking out if there were any interesting movies to watch later), and just the lots of people going about their day as if ancient demons couldn't break out of the sewer any time soon to wreak havoc again. Funny how quickly people seem to forget their world being threatened. Could it be magic of some sort? Something they could ask Novus and Fate at a later point, perhaps. When they reached Brubeck's, Gawain pushed open the door and held it for the others like a true gentleman/knight. "Ladies first," he said with a wink towards Quinn and Erin. Erin grinned and gave him a friendly eye-roll and gestured at Quinn to head in first. The little bell above the door announcing their arrival to April and Clay, whom the others have likely already spotted through the windows.
"Clay, man, couldn't you wait for us first?" Gawain called in, watching Clay already eating. By God, now he was even hungrier than before!
---
"Lapdun has done something right. He... inspired me," Vorkalth chuckled a dark laugh. "Mortal humans are so desperate to see their deepest wishes coming true. And their stories are so full of interesting superstition." With a gesture of his hand, the scrying glass in the Underworld showed the park, and more specifically, the old well. "Let's give the mortals what they want. At a price, of course. A wish is often so easily turned against oneself, as we've seen. I've learned plenty about that from the Fairfolk way back in the day." And not the Fairfolk alone. Vorkalth was careful with wishes when it concerned himself. When it came to the mortals, however, and a chance to harvest new Spawners, maybe a Ryxen or two... "Let's turn that well into a source of our own power, shall we?"

The woman Clay let out of Brubeck's had been one of two customers. The other with the rabbit foot keychain sat in a corner booth close to a wall outlet. Best spot to charge your phone and down some flapjacks. Brubeck's felt like an at-home dining experience with just a touch of New York City. April's parents had visited there before and fell in love with the look; and as follows their diner has NYC inspired decor here and there. Glancing up from the register while counting coins, April saw Clay and smiled. "Coffee and biscuits? Gee, I would not have a clue. You could try the hardware store, I hear their break room has a coffee maker fit for the Gods." All of it said jokingly, of course. Well, who knows, maybe the hardware store does have a really nice coffee maker in their break room. She marked him down for a coffee and the baconiest of biscuits. "You, my friend, are in luck because I have a pot brewing as we speak. So it'll be fresh coffee," she said. "The others might be coming here so have a seat in the booth under Lady Liberty's picture." Big booth for a big girl. Not even a fat joke because Lady Liberty is 300+ feet tall. Does that include the base she's standing on?

"I can't believe you forgot Benji..." Quinn thought aloud, adding to Erin's embarrassment.
"I don't know about you guys but I forget embarrassing things when I eat. Doesn't matter where we go," Dmitri slid in. The awkwardness of Benji was so thick he could cut it with a machete. Not a knife; this level requires Jason Voorhee's weapon of choice. Would Dmitri even know who that is? Probably not. Nevertheless he picked up the pace and his feet carried him into town. Erin's diddy to wake her legs back up was odd but he paid it no mind. Countless times on the lakefront he let his legs to go sleep when fishing. Bopping around after catching a bite on the fishing pole with unconscious legs gave Duncan and Dahlia hours of entertainment. He would be lying if he didn't laugh at himself even. It was a dreary existence there but it wasn't without some good memories.
Ebongrove was beautiful. Big, loud and so full of life. Dmitri's ventured out into it a lot now while Quinn's done more admiring from afar. She hasn't ignored going there but she hasn't really walked in the heart of it. Everything so big, so tall, so...present. You'd almost never guess monsters were here.

And here they are. Brubeck's. Through the window they can see April. For a diner in the middle of town between a lot of buildings its oddly homey. Granted it is a business that doubles as a home on the upper level.
"Oh, thank you," Quinn said to Gawain, marching in with her chest puffed out and head held high. Chivalry might make her a little cocky. "Mmmm it smells good in here!" she exclaimed.
Dmitri smiled in agreement, his stomach rumbling. April smiled and waved her friends down, pouring coffee into Clay's cup. She looked like she'd been working hard despite things being slow today. "Hey guys. Sorry I look so...ick. Join Clay in the booth and I'll get you some menus," she said, wiping her hands over her apron and peering around the counter.
---
"You wish to mimic Lapdun's plan against the Brown Sentinel? The old well is a tremendous sight for wishes and riches at the bottom. These riches contain small monetary value, but combined they make for a hefty sum..." Nenet analyzed the wrong element of the well. Wishes, wells and stupid mortals and their superstitious ways. Lapdun stole a wish from the unwilling, whereas here is a deliberate center of wishing. People come to the well, pour in their desires and offer to it. What's a well if not a glorified shrine? "I am beginning to see your ideas. If I am to curse this object, I will require some sample. Say a chip of brick, a coin from the bottom, et cetera. Shall I send a Spawner to fetch it?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back