• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Power Rangers: Rebirth (OGSG x animeloulou)

KingsRock

latest

Game | Characters | Lore | Episode Guide
HISTORY
One thousand years ago, the Earth was ravaged by a terrible war. The gods, those who were once guardians of the World, were locked in a battle against a parasitic evil which threatened to engulf everything in its path. As a last resort, the gods sacrificed themselves to create one final, massive blow against the plague. The titanic explosion had a devastating side effect: the life had to be reborn. What none of them expected was that the parasite had shielded itself just enough for a small part to survive the cataclysm.

Now, in modern times, the parasite and its army has an interest in taking back the world that should have never left their grasps. The spirits of the gods, however, are not going down without a fight and must partner with a group of individuals up for the task of saving the world.​

Last edited:
Episode One:
Party's Over

A new school year is on the horizon at Angel Grove University and, much like every other year, the festivities begin with the Back to School Bash at one of the local young adult clubs. While many of the students prepare themselves for the party, some of them have noticed strange occurrences going on with technologies. Cell phone signals fading in and out, traffic lights showcasing green for all four intersections, televisions turning up to maximum volume... Everything is just weird! Well, things get even more weirder when the Back to School Bash is invaded by a strange group of insectoid creatures.

"We're gettin' out of the house tonight, Lauren!" Cammie exclaimed, staring intently into the mirror as she applied her crimson red lipstick to her plump lips. It had become a bit of a trademark for her during her time at Angel Grove University.

As she had mentioned, tonight was the annual Back to School Bash that many of the university's student attended partly because of an obligation, but mostly because it was fun. Cammie had assisted in marketing the party to dozens of the new-coming students around campus and wanted to see its continued success. She had basically made plans for her and her roommate/best friend Lauren to go to the party whether she wanted to or not. Dressed in a red tank that hugger her features and black denim jeans with red Chucks, Cammie strolled down the hall and peaked her head into Lauren's room, giving her a blank expression.

"Are you done getting ready or what? I promise you some guy at the party will notice you, geez."

--------------------------

"That's enough, Jackson. You can go home now. The semester hasn't even started... Why're you trying to get so far ahead on your senior project?"

Devin huffed, hearing his professor's comments as he took a step back to look at his creation, a model of something that he really desired for his family: a bigger home. His clothes were covered in sawdust and he had his fair share of blisters on his hands, but it was all worth. Senior project was a big deal for Devin heading into this final year and one of the many aspects of his life that he had to keep his eyes set on, in addition to his family and his multiple jobs so that he could have even paid for school in the first place.

"'Cause I ain't gonna have time to do this when the semester really kicks in. Gotta take advantage of all this while I have the chance, man."

"Go... have fun. Isn't there a party tonight or something? It's about that time of year where all you kids get into some sort of bullshit."

Devin scoffed and shook his head, dusting his jeans off from the powdery residue from the wood.
"Nah... I don't really have time for those things. While I'm awake, I gotta be doing something productive."

The idea of going to the party did sound appealing to Devin. A little bit of a 'last hurrah' for senior year... despite the fact that Devin had spent much of his college life to himself. He hadn't made too many friends aside from the guys in his program... however, most of them ended up changing majors or dropping out completely due to the severity of the work. Devin, on the other hand, was a workaholic.

"Did it ever occur to you, Cammie, that maybe I really don't want a guy to notice me tonight?"

Lauren spun around on her desk chair, just finished with the mini mirror in one hand and the mascara wand in the other. She was clearly dressed for the occasion with a simple little strapless black dress adorned with white polka dots. Her chestnut hair was curled, falling in ringlets onto her shoulders.

Grabbing her black kitten heels, she put them on, all the while shooting daggers at Cammie.

"You know, sometimes I wonder why I'm friends with you at all. I mean, you're so goddamn peppy all the time!"

She stood up, clutching her little black handbag.

"But I suppose I'll have to take what I can get, eh?" She nudged Cammie playfully in the side. "C'mon, I'll be your wingwoman for the night..!"

She really wished it was that easy. Staring back at her face in the mirror, she pawed at her bush of light brown, almost ginger hair, sighing. She had straightened it as much as she could, but it still looked bushy. She wasn't one for dressing up, opting for a light blue oversized sweater and a white skirt, teamed up with flats.

However, she needed to get out more, if only for her parents to stop pressing her about finding a respectable boyfriend. how could she tell them that she had the past couple of years having a better bonds with the fictional characters in her dramas than with her fellow classmates?

Taking a deep breath, she curled her hands into fists, pumping them in front of her in a motivational manner.

"Suzy Lee, hwaiting!"

Last edited:
Cammie eyed her with a blank expression before her lips curled up in a snicker. "Never occurred to me," she said nudging her friend back when she nudged her first. "I balance you out, girl. You know you love me!"

The brunette followed her friend out of their apartment, scoffing at her comment. Anyone that knew Cammie understood that she didn't need a wingwoman, but she did enjoy the company of Lauren whenever they did decide to go out. Perhaps Cammie went out a little too much for Lauren's liking, but that's just who Cammie was: a little ball of fire that demanded the attention of those around her.

--------------------------
Ricky wasn't even in school anymore, but there was no way he was going to miss the Back to School Bash. Of course "not in school anymore" would have implied that the young man had graduated and gone on to bigger and better things, but the truth was that he had dropped out about two years ago simply because school wasn't for him. The party life though... Ricky was all about that.

Angel Wings Nightclub was a few blocks down from Angel Grove University and a few blocks up from where Ricky's apartment was. Fortunately (or unfortunately) there wasn't any work that Ricky had to do for the night as he had no free lance work in his queue. So, he loaded up his 1967 Mustang with a few of his coworkers and made his way to the party, parking in the crowded lot and popping out the car with a joint poking out of his mouth. Exhaling the smoke, he said with a chuckle, "Ah... another year, another party."

Justin sighed as he made his way into Angel Wings. If this was high school, he would have been the guy that everyone wanted to be with, as a friend and as a one night stand. Instead, he was the one who was slinking into the club, as if he had missed the invite. Nevertheless, he plastered on his usual bravado, making eye contact with every pretty girl he saw.

That was all he knew how to do, after all.

That was how he ended up with a Latino grinding up on him. He couldn't remember her name and honestly, he couldn't care less. The shots were beginning to take effect anyway, so he doubted she did either. Whispering seductively in her ear, he smirked.

"You have a great body. I'd love to explore it."

Okay, he was a little rusty. It was the start of the year, give him some slack.
So this was the place. Suzy gulped instinctively as she took in the sheer amount of people that were inside the club, packed in like sardines. She tried her best to get inside, her small stature not helping at all. Eventually, she found a path to the bar, giving herself some dutch courage, the shot edition.

Unfortunately, she had the misfortune of bumping into someone, knocking their drink to the floor.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!"

Glancing up at the guy, he seemed to be the type of person that Suzy's parents would have a coronary over if they ever saw him.Clearly older, with some sort of entourage and equipped with a joint of some kind hanging from his mouth. Actually, Suzy was internally having multiple coronaries right about now.

This guy looked like he could eat her.

It was all too easy for Ricky: wander around the club, whisper sweet nothings into the ears of any chick that would take the bait, and slip her number into his phone. Easy. After making his rounds throughout the club, all but collecting a nice roster of beautiful ladies' phone numbers, Ricky and his boys found their way to the bar requesting a simple round of beers for the three of them. Clinking their bottles together, the trio of truants made a toast to the good life (which obviously didn't include school) and chugged their beers.

"Ah, that's some good brew right there, ese," Ricky exclaimed, taking a step back before realizing that he had accidentally bumped into somebody. Unintentionally, the bottle slipped from his hand before shattering onto the floor, spilling out the remains of its contents onto the tiled floor. One could imagine that Ricky wasn't too pleased. "Aye, watch wear ya goin', will ya?" Though he didn't want to look as intimidating as he probably did, that didn't stop the scowl from curling on his lips and the brows from furrowing on his forehead. That was some good beer that he had paid for... wasted.

"You gonna pay for another one or what, eh?"

--------------------
So one last hurrah wasn't going to hurt Devin, at least he thought. Somehow, the words of his professor were enough to convince to him dress up halfway decently and head out to this party. An olive bomber jacket, blue denim jeans tucked inside a pair of tan boots... He too was out and about with some of his 'friends' if he could call them that. Okay, they were mainly just some of his roommates, but he could only afford to have his 'own place' if he split rent three ways. It made for interesting nights at home.

"Excuse me, ladies," Devin mumbled lowly, scooting his way between Cammie and Lauren as he made his way through the crowd. He had seen them around campus before but never truly got acquainted with any of them. Well, Cammie more so than Lauren because he and Cammie had taken an introductory art design class together

Suzy couldn't help but bow slightly as apologies flew from her mouth. It was a stray habit that always seemed to appear whenever she was being reprimanded, kind of like right now. At home, it meant something to her cultural heritage. Here, however, she just looked stupid.

"Of course! One beer please."

Swinging around to face the unimpressed barman, Suzy paid for the guy's drink, carefully handing over the beer bottle with a bright smile.

"See, problem solved! I'm Suzy by the way and you are..? I haven't seen you around before."

Now, an avid watcher of the scene before them might have been rightly confused at Suzy's sudden shift to friendliness. However, Suzy was playing the long game: become acquaintances with this guy so that she could get out of this situation alive...
________________​

It didn't take long for the club to become saturated with women who wanted a piece of Justin. His friends had arrived by this point, giving him some sense of normality. It felt just like old times, when he was unstoppable, number one and everyone loved him.

Peeling himself off of the Latino, he made his way to his next conquest, some Valley girl stereotype that had been giving him the eyes all night.

Justin Pearson was back. He felt like he could do anything and people would fall at his feet in admiration. Or maybe that was the shots. Either way he didn't care.

"What's your poison?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back