• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Decker Grayson

The thief of the group caught the grin all too late, his own grin twisting into an expression of shock at being played. "Oh you son of a-" As he teleported directly into an executive office, his statement was cut off until he reappeared. "-bitch! Argh! I'm gettin' him for that!" Not too long after, Jason's message came through, leaving Decker to sigh as he sank into the admittedly very comfortable chair. Five whole minutes to burn before he could do as he does best. In a typical disregard for standard etiquette, he kicked his feet up onto the desk, contemplating the situation. "Well, too high to just jump, should be elevators in here somewhere. But that's obvious, they'll be guarded or disabled. Vents? Better, risks being cornered by the walking DSM5. Stairs are a no-go, the Pawn'll be walkin' about to try and get me. Battery Pack's gonna be working tech... should knock out any security here before they track me through the cameras. Or stay where they can't see. And the Burgundy Blunder coordinating them. Decker, you got your work cut out for you. But... the rules say they can't ax me. Nothin' about me offin' them." Jason's initial thoughts behind this training became a lot clearer to him. If they were trying to apprehend a criminal, the criminal is under no compulsion to hold back. Or Jason wanted to see if he could actually kill Octavia.

Instead of trying to read Jason's mind from 1232 floors away, he refocused his prep on the other ranger's strengths. Digging through the drawers of the desk, he found a red stress ball. Tossing the ball up and down in a steady rhythm, Decker started to think out loud. "Let's break it down. Roid Rage is a walkin' brick, gonna smash anythin' in her way. Very much a hammer that sees a whole lot of nails. Bullet Hell's probably the biggest issue, should take her out if I get the chance. Those drones and the Zero Star are serious issues. Plus, she can fly and they might use that to try and pincer me. Sparky's tech abilities are good, but I need to be careful of any kind of electrical traps in an elevator or the vents. Could smash up the phone and repurpose the LED and some wires to see if there's a charge somewhere. Then there's Red. In a straight fight, it's his game. So I'm gonna need to make it unfair. Get the drop on him, disable, and bounce. He swings that scythe at me, it'll hurt like hell. If he gets desperate, he might just try to set the place on fire. I'd have Red and Black patrolin' the halls, in constant communication with the rest of the team. Get one of them movin' through an elevator to an upper floor, too. Light a fire under my ass. Pink goes in from above to get me moving down, hopin' to get me in grips of either Red or Black, while Yellow starts to work on trackin' me through security cams. Spice it up a bit by riggin' the elevators and chargin' some vents, and it'd be tough for most people. Good thing I ain't most people."

Stopping Decker from going over his own strategies to double check for weaknesses, was a 30 second countdown that appeared in front of his face. It seems like Jason was cutting his prep time short. First thing he did was break open the conference phone, getting at the LED and some wiring to form a crude charge detection measure. Hydra Head: Fang was summoned, a legendary Ranger weapon... to solder the wires to the LED. 'Alright then, you guys want a challenge? Because I'm not gonna hold anything back.' With scant few seconds left on the clock, that comfortable executive chair was moved over towards the window observing the office. Decker, using his Ranger-enhanced strength, threw the chair through the window, glass shattering as the timer hit zero. Normally he would have preferred something subtle, but there was a place for a bit of wanton destruction. Checking the computer, he found nothing of use stored, so he instead gathered up some of the broken glass, stashed it in an unused pocket, and then started running through the building, looking for the elevators.

Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade

Mint Blaun

The countdown hit zero, the elevators exploded and Mint immediately went outside and ascended towards the top of the tower. It took her a few minutes before she landed on the rooftop. Her eyes wander to the sight of pure white of nothingness spanning in front of her. The sight was weirdly relaxing, at least for her. Summoning all of her Stardusts, she blasted her way in into the uppermost floor and landed right in the executive office.

There she found a fairly typical arrangement of a big office, an entire floor of worker's place filled with cubicles and computers with the executive room having a window to the area to oversee the workers, which curiously had been smashed by a thrown chair. Mint looked at the scene curiously, why? Did he got locked here? Though when Mint tried the door it easily opened so it must not be that. Mint settled with the theory that Decker must hate the executive chair so much to throw it against the window. She floated the chair and cleaned it from any glass shard before eventually sat on it. The chair was covered in synthethic leather and it had wheels attached under it, a very comfortable one. Mint was thinking that she might want to buy one for herself later, she wasn't shy in spending SDF's money for luxury things. Anyway, Mint decided to chase Decker while sitting on the chair. The chair was covered in faint pink aura before it started moving by itself, carrying Mint on it.

"psycholocation." Mint extended her hand forward and a subtle psychic wave swept the entire floor, bouncing of any mind it hit and returned back to Mint giving her the location of all the sentient being. Decker was surprisingly still somewhere in the room but he seems to be running towards the other side where the elevators should be located in.

"Hello Decker," Mint floated just right below the ceiling, giving her the vision of all the floor. Her eyes locked in the Decker's direction as she sent five computer screens from nearby cubicles flying in his direction.

"Don't die. We just started."

shadowstrikr25 shadowstrikr25

Last edited:
Decker Grayson

Finding booking it the old fashioned way to be a bit slow, he swapped out Fang for Claw to get a speed boost from grappling about office space. Luckily, the elevators were on the other side. Unluckily, Jason designed this place to be huge. 'Just not gonna let me have this. Need to get over there before...' His thought was cut short by the distinctive whine of plasma beams carving through the executive office window. 'That. She can't be that fast, right? Gotta be a few miles up.' That concern was replaced by one of greater importance. If she was here, the others were on their way. He had to escape and not be seen. The hole leading outside was an option, albeit a poor one. No, he still needed to head to the elevators and disable them at least. A much harder task when a psychic powerhouse is breathing down your neck.

Fortunately, it seemed Mint was trying to puzzle out the reasoning behind his damage, giving him time to get a bit closer to his goal without putting up a neon sign with his location. Taking a quick breath, he peeked out from behind a far cubicle to see Mint rise into the air on an, admittedly very comfortable, executive chair as she looked in his direction, looking very much like an evil queen. 'Shit! So much for that idea.' Just as he was about to bolt, his awareness let him know that five monitors were on their way towards him.

Resigning himself to being seen anyways, he got moving. Stepping back to avoid the first monitor, he kept the momentum going and leapt into a backflip to dodge the second and kick the third off target. Sidestepping the fourth, the fifth seemed on course to impact him dead center until Hydra Head: Claw grappled onto it. Decker spun around, keeping all the momentum the monitor had, to fling it back at Mint. After that he started running towards Mint and the now wrecked executive office, every so often flinging whatever he could grab in her general direction. Monitors, phones, computers, anything that would hurt, but wouldn't slow him down too much. A coffee mug also found itself flung towards the psychic. As much as he wanted to get to the elevators, he didn't want Mint able to relay information to the rest of the team. Unless he could evade her, he had to disable her however he could.

Ace Cream Ace Cream

Last edited:
Valencia was not all that surprised that Jason brushed off their conversation, but was pleasantly surprised that Octavia was on her side. The fact that Octavia was willing to say something about Jason's mental health made Valencia smile. She was probably suffering alone with her own situation and just needed a shoulder or an ear.

As Jason relayed his orders she walked over to the lobby's computer," I'm guessing this building is like an office building or a hotel," With a single touch on the lobby computer she downloaded all of the information for the building to her mind and connected herself with the tech in the building," Decker is snake. Snakes slip in and out where they can." She contemplated to herself as plans formulating in her mind. With Jason's cringe worthy declaration and departure, Valencia released arks of electricity into the computer as she waved her hand over it. It broke apart and reassembled into a handheld version. Walking over to Octavia, Valencia presented the handheld to her," Here! This is connected to this building's network. What I see, It sees, and what I see is everything visible by the cameras! It also has schematics for the infrastructure of the building, so if we get separated you can use this to track Decker where ever he is or where he COULD be. The camera's view will automatically pop up."

Proceeding to a spot opposite to Octavia, Valencia looked back at the lobby as she jutted her hands out in front of her. All of the metal in the lobby sprang from its resting place and covered the windows and door. There wasn't enough to cover every little space, but Valencia made sure that the smallest space could only fit a rat," And just for extra measure..." Electricity leapt from her hands and danced across the metal, charging it. Turning back to Octavia," You think that's good enough?"
Kassandra Kassandra

Mint Blaun

Mint swatted her hand and the screen Decker launched at her veered away from her general direction. Holding her hands extended forward, the same thing happened to the various stuffs Decker thrown afterwards. As if the items refusing to hit her.

"I see, huh. Instead of running away you're approaching me." Seeing Decker running towards her, Mint lowered her chair to the ground and spread her arms wide to accept the challenge. "Come then. Eye blinded or kneecap blasted, one should be enough to subdue you? Let's try."

Forming a fist, Mint focused her attention on the glass shards on the floor and all of it floated mid-air. She then jerked her hands towards Decker's direction and the shards started swarming Decker's head like a bunch of mosquitos thirsting for his blood. The shards would launch continous cuts and slashes while aiming for his eyes the most.

Octavia Rook

Octavia watched as Jason pretty much severed her only way to the upper floors. A good idea, if they were hunting literally anyone other than any of the five of them, but Octavia wasn't fluent in even one of the several languages of flight the others possessed. She could leap like hell, but that was more of a distance thing than a manner of elevation. Then thunder struck. The shafts were still intact, and they could definitely handle her throwing her weight around. Especially when it was dialed down the way she first went after Ferro. All she was missing now was a way to track Blue. Which, of course, Valencia had gotten to work putting together. Did she get shouldered with her because they were both new to the team, or because two halves were bound to make a whole? She didn't really like either implication, but at least Val was competent.

"Not bad, Chiquita Banana," Octavia graced her with a significantly more genteel shoulder pat and summoned her armor, finding an only somewhat cumbersome place to stash the tracker on her forearm. "Guess we should stick together? Bet Decker would love meeting us at the end of the hall." She dug her fingers in the crack of the elevator doors and pried them open like they were simple patio doors. The elevator before her was nowhere near working order, but it didn't factor into her idea. However, there still remained what she'd do to bring Val along. Some effort put into prying the roof off the elevator and pushing it aside later, Octavia stood looking up at the thousand-plus floors to go. "I'm thinking I just wall-jump my way up to Decker. Bet I could clear 40 or so per jump. What do you say? Up for a piggyback ride?"

Jason stood and watched with his hands on his hips, Scythe floating ominously beside him. His eyebrows were furrowed as he watched Valencia work. At first he wanted to bark orders, question why they weren't hopping to the plan. Then, he realized what she was doing and there was no way he could protest. She barricaded the bottom floor, and overcame the need to even be with Octavia to be effective at tracking in the matter of fifteen seconds. Annoyance faded almost immediately to admiration, and he summoned his helmet while he watched her work.

"You know what, scratch what I said. Valencia, you run interference from here," He walked over to the half melted elevator doors and thrust his leg out in front of him. The bottom of his foot connected square with the metal and knocked it inwards into the cabin. Jason had realized for a moment he was letting his pride get in the way of his better judgment. Like so many fledgling leaders before him, he was making the mistake of giving orders. Trying to command people, instead of working with them. Respected men of honor lead by example. This is an inarguable fact. The second glaring rule of leadership he had ignored, let people do what they're best at. "I belong on the front lines anyways, and you've clearly got this covered. Octavia, Mint, and I will drive him to you and wear him out, sound good?"

Jason's scythe followed him into the rectangular room. He flicked his finger at it and the blade rotated several times, slicing into the roof of the elevator. The flecks of metal which liquefied and dripped onto his armor vaporized and collected onto his weapon's long curved head. Eventually it was fully covered. The scythe winded down and stopped moving with it's glowing crescent pointing down. Jason stepped onto it and it bobbed from his weight. A burst of hot air erupted from the doorway into the lobby, presumably from the rising heat being projected from Jason's body and weapon.

"Let's go, Rook," Then, Jason rose rapidly through the hole in the ceiling his scythe had made. For a moment more molten metal dripped onto the floor where he had hovered a moment before. Jason looked upwards as he sailed through the darkened shaft, only lit by the glow of cherry red plasma on his scythe. Jason had no tracking powers to speak of, in a magical sense at least. One thing he could do, however, was pincer a target. He would Let Octavia follow him or otherwise engage on her own, and simply work with what he knew Mint would do already. It wasn't long before he was within ten floors of the top, and he heard a loud clang and crash echo above him. Clearly they'd made contact, but the lag of plasma discharges let Jason know things hadn't escalated yet. That was good, as far as he was concerned. On the second floor from the top he slowed down. Projecting his hand in front of him which wasn't being used for balance on his scythe hilt, he summoned a small ball of plasma.

Almost silently he cut a hole in the metal of the elevator doors which was half the size of his body. He then forced the baseball size ball of superheated gas away from his body and into the floor, imploding the hole he had cut into the room. He then stepped into it, ducking his head and stepping off of his scythe, commanding it to float into the hole after him. Above him were clatters and clangs galore, and he thought, what, are they just throwing office supplies at each other?

This floor was slightly more mazelike, with several rows of hallways crisscrossing each other separated by meeting rooms of multiple sizes. Jason stalked down the main hall with a bit of a strut as he followed the sounds of scuffling above him. Finally he had decided he was close enough that his entrance would throw Decker off at least a bit. He was almost halfway across the whole floor. He touched the tip of his finger to the tip of his blade and drew off of it a thin line of fiery plasma.

"Ready or not, Grayson,"

Interacted: Kassandra Kassandra BFabulous BFabulous

Ace Cream Ace Cream shadowstrikr25 shadowstrikr25

Decker Grayson

While he didn't expect various office supplies to do much of anything, it still annoyed him that she wasn't doing quite what he wanted. What with her being here and not literally anywhere else. Still, she wasn't trying to fling them back in his direction. 'It's free ammo, why's she not throwin' it back? Must be a limit to what she can lift, and what she was doin' was near the line.' Mint talking to him, attempting a taunt, got him to show her exactly how a taunt was done. "You got up here pretty quick, so I can't outrun you. Be pretty dumb to try. Now throw your bargain bin torture. It won't stop me." Decker kept running towards Mint, only pausing as he saw a wave of shattered glass heading towards him with a fairly good idea of where it was being sent.

Gritting his teeth and getting ready for a whole world of hurt, he kept moving, knowing that all of that glass would shred him if he let it. 'Helmet would be real nice right now. Come on, armor.' Trying to will himself to summon up his armor, he was reminded of his complete failure to do so the last time as the glass got closer. 'Damnit! Armor up, armor on, somethin'! Picturin' death my ass, that shit doesn't work.' Seeing that the ranger armor was once again refusing his call, his mind raced to find something to mitigate most of the damage. Suitable location found, he slid under a desk as glass shards began to swarm like ravenous locusts.

Focusing his distortions to his eyes, ears, and joints helped keep him mobile and alert, but the rest still stung like hell. The lacerations were appearing so quickly it felt like his face was on a belt sander. He wanted to end this quickly and escape, but as long as Mint knew where he was going, the rest of the team could move to intercept. 'The geezer would chew me out til next week if he knew I wasn't adapting.' Getting his feet back under him and latching onto the bottom of the desk with Claw, he threw the desk at Mint with a loud groan. The cable attached to Claw was running freely as the desk flew towards its target, Decker following just behind while keeping the desk between him and Mint's eyeline.

Ace Cream Ace Cream

Valencia nodded at Octavia, "Thank you...."Then contemplation warped her face, "Uh.... Ocho Músculos... Ooo, I like that! I REALLY THAT! I hope you like it too, because you shall for every be, with me at least, Ocho, and for intimidation purposes: Ocho Músculos!" Valencia smirked with pride as if she had just cracked the code for life. Valencia was all for sticking with Octavia, mostly for the piggy back ride, but before she could Jason suggested she stay in the lobby to impede Decker from there. With a slight shrug towards Octavia ,"Raincheck?" She questioned with hopes that she could catch a ride later.

"Cool beans, Jason! Who doesn't like easy prey?" And without a second wasted Jason on the prowl. Valencia figured he would either go for a dual assault with Mint or an ambush. Valencia fanned herself as the hot air rushed from the elevator. Looking at the broken elevator caused the young engineer's mind churn once more, but she stopped herself for Octavia, "Before I get distracted! You can use that handheld to talk into the intercom. I recommend you do! Pick at Decker's ego! Oooh! Or play music! Y'know...Battle music...Chase music?" Valencia threw out her opinion while she arced her hand towards the elevator. Electricity danced from her fingers causing the lift to slowly break apart and file out of the shaft. Leaving a singular piece on the ground, she looked at Octavia, "Ready for shuttle launch?" Valencia questioned a little bit too excited to shoot someone.
Kassandra Kassandra Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade

Octavia Rook

Octavia was fairly certain 'Ocho' meant "Eight,' but decided to brush it aside. Geeky as she was, Val was a sweet kid. She made a note to try and pry her away from Mint's side for an evening of something less centered around video games. "You got it. Give Decker a heart murmur for me if you see him, yeah?" More than a little disappointed that Jason decided to change up their plans, Octavia tussled Valencia's hair some before taking her place at the base of the elevator, preparing to follow her leader up. She didn't realize Valencia intended to remain a part of her transport in some regard until she asked if Octavia was prepared for launch, bringing to mind the mental image of an unstable bottle rocket over a carefully-engineered shuttle. She decided wall-jumping was going to be the safer, if somewhat slower option.

"Eh, I think I'll make my own way up there. Gotta pick what floor I wanna get off on, y'know? Thanks, though." With that, she gave her neck a satisfying crack, summoned her anvil of a helmet, and vertically lept up the elevator shaft a good 60 stories. The glow of the screen Yellow fashioned for her illuminated her way up once Jason's plasma glow vanished from the distance between them, yet another way Valencia managed to express her usefulness without even trying. A minute or so later, Octavia came across Jason's smoldering exit onto the second-highest floor and figured that among the faster rangers, she was just going to be something of a clumsy obstacle. Something Decker would've loved to take advantage of, if given the chance. Instead of following Jason's path, she descended three more floors and found herself in something like an expansive conference room. The floor's relative emptiness, at least in terms of load-bearing walls or compact offices, was made up for with a series of tasteful, yet sturdy columns. Big enough that Ferro could've plausibly bear-hugged one. The four floors above her looked like they depended on the structural support the columns provided, and as long as Jason stayed out of the epicenter, she could flush Decker his way.

Octavia's comms chirped to life and connected to Jason's. "Keep an eye out for Decker. I'm bringing the centers of the floors you guys are on down to my level, and it's probably gonna be messy." Without waiting for a reply, she summoned her hammer and got to work bringing the floors down. Like a lumberjack to a grand oak, she brought the first one down and stepped back to admire her work. Already, it looked like the ceiling was becoming a little more concave. Five remained, but she doubted it would take destroying all of them for the effects to take place.

Mint Blaun

Mint watched silently as Decker struggled against her flying glass shards. She noticed that Decker's mind had been yelling for his armor to come, but his plea didn't come true.

"Would be bad if a ranger got maimed by random glass shards, right?" Mint said flatly as she extended her hand towards the table Decker was throwing and then pointed down, easily sending the table plummeting onto the floor and destroyed its lower part. She didn't know why Decker thought lifting a few office supplies would touch the limit of her power but she didn't bother to correct it, she was able to pick a huge cannon like Star Zero and the limit of her telekinesis had definitely increased compared to when they did their first mission. A deep rumbling noise could be heard from somewhere far below them, as if a massive cave in just happened. Mint glanced at the floor then back at Decker.

"Octavia is already working, probably. Let's finish this." Kicking her swivel chair back to life, Mint was carried around as the chair move backward across the room to recover the distance between her and Decker. All eight Stardusts aimed at Decker's direction and simultaneously launched focused plasma beams at him, the beams were aimed low because Mint just wanted to blast his kneecaps like she said before, but she was fine if the beams ends up cutting his body in half too, accidents happen. The beams might punch a hole to the floor below them if it didn't hit anything along the way.

Jason Scott Lee

"God damn, straight to causing an avalanche, eh?" Said the Red Ranger in response over the comms. Jason gazed from side to side for a moment deciding the best place to set up in preparation for the demolition Octavia was going to enact. From the way the building was set up, there might be a few yards worth of floor leftover when she knocked it out. The majority of air ducts in between the floor and ceiling, electrical work, and plumbing would all end up swallowed in the artificial sink hole which would ultimately pile up on the fourth floor. Decker, from where Jason was guessing he was, would be pulled along with it all in a best case scenario. Worst case, he'd be hanging there with his grappling hook where the rug used to be beneath his feat. At least for a moment or two. Having run over the cause and effect in his head, Jason headed to the edge of the floor he was on right by the windows on the south side. He stood for a moment and looked back towards the center of the floor, which was obscured by a thin plaster wall, and made his scythe protect him from falling debris like an umbrella with it's blade.

"Alright, Rook, go ahead then. I'm against the south wall, I'll pursue him the second I see him. Be careful yourself, though, you're about to make quite a pile out of duct work when you do that. Don't want you buried under it," Judging by the sounds of plasma discharge above, the fight had finally started to heat up.

Decker Grayson

'Shut up!' Was the first thought Mint heard after saying it would be bad if a ranger got taken out by glass shards. An ironic thought, given that he was usually the one who could take all the verbal abuse and give just as much. Though the desk didn't work as the distraction he'd intended it to, it still had a use as a projectile or shield. Using all the strength he could muster, he got the remains of the desk moving and leapt for a mighty downward smash on Mint. At that moment, she simply used telekinesis to move herself out of the way, Decker realizing that he was now wide open as the Stardust units took aim.

He quickly rolled behind some cubicles and kept moving, sliding under a few to get farther away from Mint and, possibly, off this floor. In the vents here, he'd just be shot full of holes, he needed something to cover his tracks. 'Of all the days to not have smoke bombs. Also, get outta my head.' Slipping between cubicles to avoid the plasma shots, he managed to lay his hand on the floor for a quick moment. "Pulse." Briefly letting his awareness extend through the entire floor, he found an area where the floor seemed to be buckling a bit. He started moving towards where Octavia was starting presumably demolition work, making sure to break line of sight with Mint as much as possible by using the cubicles and support structures to steadily head towards both the elevators, and that new concave spot in the flooring. 'Now where's Solar Flare and the Spare Charger?'

Ace Cream Ace Cream

"Cool beans!"Valencia chirped as the black ranger took her leave. Within a few minutes, Valencia could feel the vibrations from Octavia smashing a pillar reach all the way down to the first floor, "Hu! That couldn't be an explosion....So...it must be Octavia smashing something...Hope it's Decker." Valencia joked with herself as she went back to work. What was left of the dissected elevator fell to the floor of the lobby, as she took a step into the shaft. Looking up, the technopath's calculated that if Octavia was to continue to dismantle the structural integrity of the upper floors, then the floors would collapse and more than likely it would be very close to the fifth or fourth floor

Valencia grabbed the elevator's cables and separated it into its smaller sections. The metal beneath her feet lifted her to the sixth floor, which seemed to be a sort of lounge area As soon as her feet touched the sixth floor her mind switched to the cameras on the top floor. Switching her view to the cameras' wasn't a big problem, but it was like switching apps on a computer. They both can run at the same time but you can only view so much at a time, although this view did bring her a little joy. The intercoms sprang to life, "Decker! All bark and no bite, I see. I mean...I thought you would have escaped by now, but...I see you can't even make it down a single floor. Y'know, if you're scared you could forfeit now!" Valencia's shots weren't all that harsh, but she was banking on it hurting Decker's ego, even a little. Switching her focus back to her body, she flung the cables into the walls creating a makeshift net. With a few cables left over Valencia wrapped them around her left arm.

Octavia Rook

The image of Rook Supermax's remains came to Octavia as she carved away at a second column. Especially the mountain of rubble reserved for her to crawl out of. Even intact, the facility was never as top-heavy as the sim's skyscraper, but those walls beat out digi-drywall any day of the week. She could bring all thousand floors down and just have to dust herself off afterwards. Hopefully, something Decker knew full well. To herself, to her family, to the building's supports, to her absent, fellow hunters, and on a level only Mint could achieve, to Decker, Octavia spoke. Nothing like causing a major structural collapse to make a Rook feel like an absolute beast. Something she dearly needed.

"Motherfucker," she roared into a swing, "Do you know who I am? Rook! I'm Hell on boots bigger than your fucking dad's, you hear me?! One woman army. Freak'a nature. Octavia. Goddess of War! You should've crumbled the second I walked in this room out of respect!" A few heaving breaths were taken in recovery, followed by the memorized playback of Olivier's pretentious voice calling to let her know she wasn't any of those those things anymore. "But don't worry... I'll put you in your place... I'll put you all in your place." In no time, another two columns fell, leaving only half standing and the floors above further lopsided.

Jason Scott Lee

"So, has anyone ever actually called you that or is that just something you say to yourself in the mirror, Rook?" Chimed Jason into her headset. His voice wasn't exactly mocking, but there was definitely an air of frivolity. He was sure Octavia could hear the grin on his face. The Red Ranger had stood staring at the wall facing the middle of his floor, listening to the noises of battle above him with his arms crossed. He liked the feeling of his thick Flak Jacket supporting his arms slightly allowing them to rest against his chest. Though he knew every part of the skin-tight weave that came with his armor, and the baggy pants on his legs were somehow able to stop bullets anyways, the Vest-like top piece by far helped his confidence on the battlefield. It felt natural to him.

In front of him the wall had began to drop, by millimetres at first but as the Black Ranger worked he watched sink lower and lower in increments. It was a good enough pass time for him while he awaited his moment to strike. He had blushed just a little listening to Octavia's gloating to inanimate objects, and was glad she couldn't see.

"Don't worry," He said just as the floor in front of him began tearing away right in front of his combat boots, "I'll tell you a secret too, then we'll be even," Though he was usually a bit lackadaisical on missions anyways, now his voice sounded softer than usual. More playful, "My code name when I was an SDF Shooter, was The Dragon," By the way his voice dropped he sounded like he was embarrassed, almost like he didn't know why he was telling her all this, "I came up with it myself when I got the job. A bit pretentious, but I've always wanted to be Bruce Lee, and I couldn't think of anything else. I was twenty two at the time, so I blame it on that, but every time I'm nervous before a mission the title crosses my mind. Makes me feel strong. I wonder if that's why I have this patch on my chest, if Zordon knew it would make me feel more confident," He let his words hang for a moment, and then seemed to come back to his senses suddenly.

The hole left in the floor above him spanned nearly the entire expanse, save for a roughly twelve foot section ringing all the way around the warehouse-sized office space. The woman-made sinkhole had engulfed almost all of the cubicles, desks, and computers and sent them tumbling right down through the floor Jason was standing on as well. The space between the floors and ceilings containing all the duct work and piping required in an industrial sized building had been taken with the executive area walls. All piling up below on Octavia's floor nearly sealing up the hole that was between her and Jason. What was left behind was a multi-story fun house of jagged metal and loose wiring. Truly a court befitting this game of super powered-chase. Jason's eyes scanned the area above him, now a completely open expanse, for where Decker would fall. He gripped his Scythe where it hung in the air, and made only a few more comments to Octavia as he searched for his prey through the now hanging rafters and swinging light fixtures.

"Oh, don't tell the others I used to be a Hit Man. Even if I was employed by the SDF, there's no need to make them nervous. It still makes me a murderer,"

Kassandra Kassandra shadowstrikr25 shadowstrikr25 Ace Cream Ace Cream BFabulous BFabulous

Mint Blaun

Disappointing, Decker. Running away after realizing your mistake?

Mint stared at the vanishing Decker witout moving from her executive chair. She already lost sight of him but her head was still following his general direction as she detected his location with psycholocation. There's a slight frown on her face, just enough for her to express her dissatisfaction. She was actually pretty happy when Decker decided to face her instead of running away, but now he's trying to leave before she finished with him.

"As if I will let you." Raising her right hand high, Mint formed a forceful fist with it and the environment surrounding her complied. Small localized tremor could be felt across the room as various objects were rattling simultaneously. Computers, mugs, windows and any other stuffs other than the outermost windows would find their glass part started to crack, and then shatter. The shattered glass shards would not fell down onto the floor and instead would float and crumpled together midair to form what looks like to be a massive swarm of angry shards. The clinking noises they made as each pieces hitting against each other could be heard clearly even from the distance. Though it soon was muffled by the massive rumbling noise created as the floor collapsed down several floors below, clearing any obstacles that Decker was using to keep him out of sight. Mint didn't mind that, as she made herself float and continue to keep glaring at Decker's direction from her floating executive throne.

Mint extended her hands forward to gave the glass swarn command but she realized that her hands were bending and twitching uncontrollably in unnatural manner. Her index finger was leaning forwards, her middle finger was snapping backward while her pinky was doing a 360 degree spinning dance. Was it real? Did she broke the simulator or did she broke herself? This was definitely Mint's first time controlling this huge number of individual pieces, and it was a totally different sensation compared to lifting a single heavy object. She felts like... divided? Separated? Fractured. She couldn't focus... Her perception was rapidly changing perspective as if she's peeking through each of the shards and occasionally she could get glimpses of somewhere she never had been. A woman crying in front of a mirror, an angry student leaning out of the window, a bored old man fishing in the middle of an artificial lake. The visions kept pouring in and she must actively trying to refrain herself from vomiting.

WHat Was sHe suPposed to do with thIis muCh glASs Ag4in? KIll soMeonE? Don't question and just do!

Overwhelmed by the sheer inputs from the jumping vision, Mint decided to close her eyes and relied on her psycholocation. She could feels someone was moving away from her, Decker. Extending her hands at that direction, Mint commanded the massive swarm of glass shards to charge at him, and that's what the swarm did. If Decker looks behind he would find a 10 feet tall of flying tsunami made of glass shards rushing towards him in a straight line. Unlike Mint's previous attack, this one exuding a much more chaotic energy as the glass didn't seems to care whether he would survive the attack or not, the rules be damned.

Last edited:
Decker Grayson

If Decker wasn't currently running through this floor as fast as his legs would allow, he might have responded to Valencia's bait. Maybe even said something about how Jason was shit at designing buildings. However, the literal psychic powerhouse trying to shoot him full of holes took priority. In the back of his mind, he knew that if they killed him, they lost. At the forefront of his mind, he just wanted to not get shot. Something he was doing fairly admirably, all things considered, until the floor began to buckle and break.

His attempt to correct his balance quickly turned into attempting not to faceplant in the floor below while finding a new escape route. Spotting the elevator doors Jason burned through to get in, he found his salvation. A hole more than large enough for him to fly through at speed while getting out of range of the glass tidal wave heading his way. Sure, that kind of hole meant Jason was nearby, but the inbound glass tsunami was going to make his life a little more difficult before he could pursue. Quickly figuring out his vectors, he put his plan into motion.

Grappling onto some of the now exposed rafters, he swung forward to correct his trajectory. Activating a second Claw from his bracer, both grappling hooks shot out into the hallway, reeling him through directly towards the hole leading to the hoistway and freedom. He flew through the hole feet first, bending his knees on impact with the wall and kicking out to launch himself downwards. Luckily for the hunters, he didn't have any momentum canceling abilities in his wheelhouse, forcing him to come to a stop after a few dozen floors at one of the elevator doors. It was easy enough to open up from the hoistway, leading him to a new, much lower, floor.

The layout itself seemed almost mazelike from what he could sense, but before moving any further he destroyed the visible security camera watching the elevator doors. 'Should give them a loud beacon of where I am. Now how do I deal with the other issues?' Misdirection quickly became the name of his game, climbing into the vents and using the grating he'd ripped off to cover the passage he was moving down. All he had to do now was send out a pulse to get the floor's layout and keep moving.

Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade Ace Cream Ace Cream BFabulous BFabulous

Octavia Rook

Octavia felt the side of her face closest to her comms grow cold, the realization that someone, Jason, had been listening in on her self-allowed ounce of catharsis. She had half a mind to start blurting out threats demanding that he keep quiet. Probably not a fight-fight, but something she could really take advantage of him with. Of course, then he started trying to make anmends by airing out some dirty laundry of his own. While the floors above her gave way, she listened semi-bitterly while Red compromised himself. It really didn't even sound like something worthy of embarrassment, aside from the nickname itself. (She thought of bringing up her souped-up cyborg brother who liked to be called 'the Rhino,' but thinking of her family just made her brain-bees angrier.)

"Don't tell the team you were the main character in an action movie, got it," Octavia replied somewhat rudely, but decided to concede some politeness through relatability. "It's whatever, Jace. I've stepped on more than a couple of windpipes in my day, Decker's probably robbed a bank or something, and I bet Val's committed... I don't know, some kind of fraud. We all got some skeletons we'd rather keep in the closet. Don't worry about it."

With care, though not much, since she was confident her armor would protect her from whatever jagged edges had come from the building's devastation, Octavia started climbing the wreckage to enter the chamber she'd created. She caught a glimpse of Jason searching for Decker, but found it difficult to discern any sign of their prey from the sound of live wires going off intermittently. She opened her comms to the rest of the team. "Anyone got eyes on him?"

Valencia had plopped herself on her web to watch the events unfold, but it didn't go as she expected. Octavia launched herself into an emotionally charged roar, and the younger woman could hear every word. Octavia's conviction sent chills down Valencia's spine. She couldn't tell if it was empathy for Octavia's sudden and heartless exclusion from her family, or if she felt disgusted from hearing a person from District One howl for their spot back at the top. Her grandmother would tell her to be apathetic. Her grandfather would encourage her to be empathetic to all. Valencia was truly conflicted," Puhhhhh....." The contention in her snipped at her conscience and leaped from her mouth. Sucking up her inner thoughts and pushing them aside Valencia left a note on Octavia's mini-com: If you need someone to talk to you can talk to me.

With the sounds of the commotion above reaching down, Valencia switched 'tabs' to see Mint scrunched up in pain without Decker insight. Valencia crossed her legs as she scanned each floor's cameras. The only floor without a camera view piqued her interest, "He must be feeling the pressure..." Seeing as he hadn't shown up on any other camera, Valencia surmised that he was in the vent. With a snap from her left and right hand, the technopath released an electromagnetic pulse that scanned the whole of the building. The outline of a person pinged in a vent, "There you are." A smile formed with the established location of the target. Valencia arced her arms out towards the walls, causing the web to extend into the fire escape, elevator shaft, and vents. As she carefully raised her hands upwards she could feel the pressure of the vent shaft slowly closing in on itself. With every inch that her hands grew closer the vent was closing in on Decker.

Kassandra Kassandra Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade Ace Cream Ace Cream shadowstrikr25 shadowstrikr25

When moving into the floor, Decker would notice this particular area was under renovations. Plenty of forklifts were scattered about, as well as plastic sheets obstructing the view into each haphazard section of the half finished rooms. Power tools, scaffolding, and stacks of drywall or other building materials meant plenty of cover. It did indeed fit the description of maze like, and Decker's Awareness Pulse told him the floor above him was similarly rendered. In the vents he noticed a path extending back towards the side of the building with the elevator shafts, likely where all the larger ducts and Air Conditioning units met up to distribute the cooling and heating to each floor. To the opposite side, he could crawl through the cieling/floor of the main area while looking up or down through the grates at various points.

Jason Scott Lee

"I'm on his tail!" Yelled Jason as soon as he noticed Decker emerge through the dust. His vectors were certainly faster than Jason's scythe could carry him, however the Red Ranger had been on his toes ready for this moment. So, as Decker made his grappled arc through the now open chamber they were in, Jason gripped his scythe with one hand and made a beeline through the kicked-up dust. That's when he noticed the wall of glass, ceramic, and generally sharp debris now chasing them both. Sure, the materials were brittle and wouldn't penetrate his armor, but the sheer amount of matter could crush him flat with the full force of Mint's psychic tantrum behind it. "DAMNIT!" He said, knowing the decision he had to make.

Jason turned to face the attack just as Decker escaped through the elevator doors. He braced his back against his Scythe to slow him down and avoid colliding with the wall, then thrust his hands out in front of him. He conjured a blast of heat and projected it forward to meet the deadly tidal wave. As all the shards came into contact with the super heated air they spontaneously melted, and swirled into a ball. The assorted sharp material swirled and slowly fed the ball of plasma until it's diameter was as tall as Jason, and eventually they were all sucked up into a homogeneous red sun. Jason kept one hand out to keep it formed and the other he used to tap his helmet, desummoning it.

"MINT! CHECK YOUR FIRE!" He yelled in a rage, before dropping to the little ledge leftover from the collapse by the melted doors. Perhaps the only time so far he had lost his temper in front of the team. Still, now he had a bit of plasma to use, at least. Without another word he used his scythe to slash the thick metal doors into four pieces and let them drop into the shaft. He then took a quick step inside and began to fall. He had just barely been able to glimpse Decker ducking inside a floor. He stopped at the still-open doorway with a hand above him on his scythe in a Mary Poppins-esc descent. The quite large shifting ball of plasma also followed him like a loyal companion just above and behind as he stepped into the floor. He was sure to keep it's heat contained within it's surface with his abilities, lest everything around him burst into flames or melt. He looked around the floor with a keen eye, but saw no clues as to where Decker might have darted off to.

"No visual confirmation on my end, Rook," He said in reply to the bruiser's question. He then spied the camera Decker had destroyed. "Hey Grayson! I reckon if I start firing plasma off in every direction at a distance of about a yard between each, I can hit you without killing you. Wanna take that bet, or just come out and play straight away?" His voice echoed around the floor and indeed into the vents which Decker occupied above him.

Kassandra Kassandra BFabulous BFabulous Ace Cream Ace Cream shadowstrikr25 shadowstrikr25

Decker Grayson

Through the vents, he could hear Jason's shouting about trying to smoke him out. Much as he would have loved to return fire with a quip about his accuracy, or the fact that he'd be putting his end goal in jeopardy if he was off by just a few centimeters, he kept quiet. Helpfully, this also kept him aware enough to hear the sound of the metal vents around him being compressed. Really, he was just going to try and keep his mouth shut until he'd developed a decent lead against the hunters, if only to keep his ears open and free from the glorious sound of his own voice. Though, knowing who was against him, he had an idea of who was trying to pin him in the vents. 'Sparkplug's work? She's good at more than just RTS then.' Threats reassessed, he put together a quick plan that should get him a little closer to victory.

Using Claw, he expediated his movement towards one of the grates linked to the floor above, popping it out of the floor with enough sound to be heard. If Mint was on her way down, she'd be able to sense what floor he was on anyways making hiding where he was a bit harder than he'd like. Still, gave him a chance to flex his mental muscles to deal with these problems. The very in-progress nature of these floors gave him an idea. He knew where the main AC unit was, and that could give him access to the rest of the building through the vents. Problem being, there were a few walls between him and anything that could get him close enough. However, the forklifts and the security camera gave him and idea.

Making sure he was well within view, he gave the camera a little wave just in case Valencia was watching before running through the floor towards the main AC unit with all the speed he could muster, grappling around corners to try and maintain speed. Having the floor's layout in his head helped him map out the quickest route to his destination. Plus, if a hunch he had was correct, he could make the route even shorter depending on what Valencia, Octavia, and Jason did. Plus, given that Jason wasn't directly on his ass, something seemed fairly obvious to him, but he'd keep that to himself until the end.

Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade BFabulous BFabulous Ace Cream Ace Cream Kassandra Kassandra

Users who are viewing this thread

Back