• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Power Rangers Extinction (Temporarily Closed)

Roche777

Fiery Dragon of Storytelling
PowerRangers.jpg

In the year 2042, the Earth was struck by an extinction level impact leaving most of humanity in desolation. Soon after, monsters began to appear and attack what was left of humanity. Earth was not without protectors. Ten crystals had chosen worthy guardian to take on the mantle of Power Ranger. Though separate at first, these ten will have to come together to save the planet. Will you stand as humanities last hope? Will you become a Power Ranger?

If you are interested in participating, please leave a comment below expressing your interest and your preferred color. Posting a brief character concept is a plus, but not necessary to be considered. I would like to get at least 4 players plus myself before beginning. At least one solid paragraph 3-5 times a week would be highly appreciated. I will be functioning as Game Master as well as playing a Ranger. You will get to choose your weapon and zord, as well as define your characters strengths across six attributes; Strength, Agility, Resilience, Education, Instincts, & Bravery.

What to expect: Action, Adventure, Language, Violence, Moderate Gore, Horror?, Psychological Themes
What not to expect: Racism, Rape, Player Harassment

(Spiderverse) Red "Wildfire Ranger" (Strengths - Pyrokinesis, Heat Resistance // Weaknesses - Can not use powers underwater or in the absence of flammable gases i.e. oxygen)
Orange "Tectonic Ranger" (Strengths - Terrakinesis, Stone Skin // Weaknesses - Cannot shape metal. Must contact matter to control it. Stone skin can be penetrated with enough force.)
Yellow "Ionic Ranger" (Strengths - Electrokinesis, Enhanced Speed // Weaknesses - Can not use powers if fully grounded. Hard to control in highly conductive mediums i.e. water.)
(Venchi1986)Green "Galeforce Ranger" (Strengths - Aerokinesis, Flight // Weaknesses - Must contact matter to control it. Flight is highly energy consumptive i.e. sprinting)
(Marorda)Teal "Tsunami Ranger" (Strengths - Hydrokinesis, Enhanced Swimming & Water Breathing // Weaknesses - Must contact matter to control it.)
(BFabulous)Blue "Glacial Ranger" (Strengths - Cryokinesis, Cold Resistance // Weaknesses - Can not use powers in the absence of moisture, i.e. desert)
(DapperCharmer} Purple "Graviton Ranger" (Strengths - Gravikinesis {Push & Pull objects, Increase & Decrease object weight} // Weaknesses - Range and effect limited by experience.)
Pink "Belladonna Ranger " (Strengths - Phytokinesis // Weaknesses - Range and effect limited by experience, compound, and medium.)
(Roche777) White "Photon Ranger" (Strengths - Photokinesis, Self-Teleportation // Weaknesses - Potential relative to light available. Strong during the day, weak at night.)
(EMIYAman) Black "Void Ranger" (Strengths - Umbrakinesis, Invisibility // Weaknesses - Potential relative to darkness available. Strong at night, weak during the day.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Background
August 4, 2039 - "Object 2039 PD17" is observed for the first time by the Keck Observatory on Maunakea. Further observations to be scheduled.
December 27, 2039 - Mass spectrometry of "Object 2039 PD17" reveals unreconcilable data, baffling astrophysicist. Object appears to be composed of previously unknown elemental materials. Further study is necessary.
March 13, 2040 - Further attempts to analyze the "Object 2039 PD17" have been mostly fruitless. Preliminary calculations of its trajectory indicate that it should pass near our solar system. Scientist are optimistic that a chance to study the mysterious object should present itself in the near future.
October 9, 2040 - An international coalition of physicists, mathematicians, engineers, chemists, and programmers is formed to study the object now casually referred to as "The Sleeper" in the scientific community.
April 2, 2041 - All attempts to analyze "Object 2039 PD17" have so far been fruitless. What is apparent is that it is releasing an unusually massive amount of energy for an object its size. Scientist are convinced it is a previously undiscovered form of subatomic energy. Preparations for interception and analysis are underway.
June 6, 2041 - For reasons unknown and presently indeterminable, "Object 2039 PD17's" course has altered slightly and will now pass much deeper into our solar system. Interception by Jupiter likely, although applications of gravitational theory to the object is uncertain.
August 11, 2041 - Two interceptor shuttles blast off to Mars. Continued observation of the object shows no affect from Jupiter's gravity and current projections put the object very close to Earth. Course redirection will be undertaken after interception and analysis.
February 22, 2042 - Interceptors leave Mars after refueling. Estimated time to object is 36 days. Each interceptor is carrying two nuclear warheads which will be planted along the object and remotely detonated once the crew is a safe distance from the object.
March 30, 2042 - Five hours until interception of "Object 2039 PD17" communication with both shuttles is lost. Connection is never reestablished. Riots occur internationally as civil unrest and hysteria rises. A second pair of interceptors are hastily outfitted and crewed.
July 17, 2042 - Second interceptor team is lost hours away from object. Further plans to intercept object show no promise. All hope is lost.

There was a woman, with curly red hair and a soft yellow blazer, on the screen. She was Marisha Delgado, a lead anchor of America's most popular news network. There was something strained in her posture despite her attempt to maintain professional composure, and a puffiness to the eyes that couldn't be hidden from the observant viewer. She spoke slowly. The tensions of her words building as they tried to crawl their way out of her mouth. "The White House has officially released a statement in regards to object widely known as 'The Sleeper'. All attempts to redirect the object has met with disaster and no further action can be taken at this time. It is recommended that you stock up on food, water, and medical supplies, all of which will be placed on federal ration nationwide. Seek shelter underground where possible. Otherwise, it is recommended you reinforce for home. Do not attempt to travel as this will only obstruct roadways and make it difficult for emergency services to mobilize. Utility services are likely to be interrupted on a massive scale. Be prepared for all scenarios. We will try to keep you updated as long as we can." Marisha let out a deep sigh, before staring directly and sincerely into the camera. "Please. Everyone. Be safe."

August 19, 2042 - "Object 2039 PD17" and several smaller fragmentary objects enter Earth's atmosphere, blanketing the globe in destruction. The main object touches down in the Atlantic creating a tsunami that devastates the eastern coastline of the Americas, and the western coast of Europe and Africa. All major landmasses are peppered by meteors. Estimated global death toll is 60%.

Where were you when the Earth ended?

Last edited:
YES!!!! Purple is an option ^_^
I want to be that Ranger please.
No character concept right now, but will think up one when I get off work

Not technically. Some white costumed rangers have had orange accents, but never an official Orange Ranger. There has been at least four Orange Rangers in the Sentai series Power Rangers is based on. However in Power Rangers SPD, one of the two tech nerd type support characters constantly dreams about being the Orange Ranger.

Question: what age range should our characters be? Are we going usually PowerRangers ages (late teens), or is it any age?

Age range is 13-35, although this is up for discussion.
I would prefer to have a range of ages to increase the personal dynamics and allow for a wider pool of experiences to shape and inform the team.

Cool. In that case I was thinking that my character could be a mathematics teacher before becoming a Ranger (around 23), which would make his colour and power even more coincidental ^_^

Also, assuming we all get unique weapons, I was thinking maybe the Purple Ranger could have a huge and heavy sledge hammer; only able to lift it because of his powers

This is pretty cool! Won't be able to join (at least for the foreseeable future) but I hope it goes well, good luck with it!

DapperCharmer2.0 DapperCharmer2.0 Your weapon of choice is a personal choice. Zords as well will be up to the player, although the theme is mythical creature in line with your element. Gravity feels like the most restrictive but unique when it comes to zord choices. I really like the hammer/gravity combo. Its thematic and versatile. I'm excited to see your creative use of it in the future. I am going to reserve your spot as the purple ranger.

Darkmaster006 Darkmaster006 Thank you for your support. You are always welcome if you reconsider.

DapperCharmer2.0 DapperCharmer2.0 Your weapon of choice is a personal choice. Zords as well will be up to the player, although the theme is mythical creature in line with your element. Gravity feels like the most restrictive but unique when it comes to zord choices. I really like the hammer/gravity combo. Its thematic and versatile. I'm excited to see your creative use of it in the future. I am going to reserve your spot as the purple ranger.

Darkmaster006 Darkmaster006 Thank you for your support. You are always welcome if you reconsider.

Thanks, can't wait to start this ^_^

You will also get to define your character across 6 attributes, Strength, Agility, Resilience, Education, Instincts, & Bravery. These will help to highlight each characters individual strengths and weaknesses.

Still having a bit of a look for Mythic Creatures. But right now I'm thinking Hypogriff; which could represent both sides of my Ranger's power. As half bird the Hypogriff can fly and move gracefully through the air (going against gravity), and as half horse the Hypogriff is strong and sturdy (working with gravity)

That could be a good choice with the given theme. The duality is consistent with the power set. Bird representing push and lightness, horse representing pull and heaviness. I expected that the Purple Ranger would have to be conceptual in their approach and you are nailing it. I'm happy you are invested in the theme of the character. I'm feeling drawn to the white ranger at the moment. I'm still flexible, but I spent some time altering an image to create an original costume design and its actually turned out really cool looking.

That could be a good choice with the given theme. The duality is consistent with the power set. Bird representing push and lightness, horse representing pull and heaviness. I expected that the Purple Ranger would have to be conceptual in their approach and you are nailing it. I'm happy you are invested in the theme of the character. I'm feeling drawn to the white ranger at the moment. I'm still flexible, but I spent some time altering an image to create an original costume design and its actually turned out really cool looking.

Ooooh, I was going to ask about the costumes ^_^

Can't wait to see it

You had my interest at Power Rangers. And since Green is my favorite color, well...

Might go with a Peryton-zord, if a winged mammal isn't too close to DapperCharmer's hippogriff idea in design, and a bow as weapon simply because it fires projectiles that fly through the air

A Peryton is a really creative choice. I will mark you down as the green Ranger. Thank you for your interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back