• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Power Rangers Extinction OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Roche777

Fiery Dragon of Storytelling
Welcome to the OOC chat. Our place to talk shop, ask questions, and whatever else you want to talk about.

don't know what time it may be wherever you are but I have two different character ideas and wanted to run them by someone. My first idea is a 17 year old highschool senior who becomes the Void ranger nothing overly special about him but he has good wits which translated as above average instinct. I could flesh him out later but for now thats all I got. My second idea is an older man probably late 20's to early 30's who is a soldier that is a part of a recently established task force meant to maintain order and control of the situation after the disaster, under the UN. With the disaster expected to annihilate communication and chain of command him and his squad were given special jurisdiction to maintain order and security of the people in any way they see fit. I know the second is a lot more detailed but that all literally just came to me and its hard for me admittedly to come up with interesting characterization for a young character without big events to use as an excuse for certain personality traits or values.

You can go with either you wish, but the second has some cool story potential. I was looking forward to exploring the post disaster effects on society and how people would have to come together and start building a safe place to live. There is definitely a zombie apocalypse feel to the current state of the world. Faceless are popping up everywhere and attack anything living on site. I was interested to see how individual rangers would apply themselves to help outside of just Ranger duties.

marorda marorda I saw your first character draft with the kelpie and sword and was like 'oh shit, thats dope!' Than I came back to a plesiosaur and trident, and died on the spot. Whatever you ultimately settle on, you have some cool ideas.

*or is it the other way around, i don't know anymore. still its all cool.*

It was the other way around. First the plesiosaur and the trident, then the kelpie and the sword.
Plesiosaur seemed cool. Then I saw the mythical theme and changed it to the kelpie. Trident is neat, but that picture was HUGE and I didn't like how it was taking up so much space 😂

But thanks! Doing Power Ranger RPs and running yourself does help with coming up with zord and weapon ideas 😁

Gimp is a free image editing software and can quickly resize any image if you want to use it. or you could send me the image and I'll send it back to you resized, only take a few seconds

Believe it or not but that is two female Rangers with wind powers and two Green Rangers with elemental powers I'm currently rp'ing.

Also DapperCharmer2.0 DapperCharmer2.0 , you listed Ethan's job as Nathan Teacher. Not sure if that was due to auto correct or not but if it wasn't can you explain what that is?

I've played a Yellow Ranger, two Black Rangers, Gold Ranger, a White Ranger, and a Red Ranger. Most of those were males. Only Red and White were/are girls.
Yellow and Black in the first game
Black and White in the second
Red and Gold in the third
And now Teal :D

I've played a Yellow Ranger, two Black Rangers, Gold Ranger, a White Ranger, and a Red Ranger. Most of those were males. Only Red and White were/are girls.
Yellow and Black in the first game
Black and White in the second
Red and Gold in the third
And now Teal :D
Ohh I've played more Rangers than these three, that is just my current roster

This the first time I've ever played a ranger lived the show as a kid so that was my motivation

Loved to watch it as a kid until it got banned here. Thankfully there's Netflix. But I prefer RPs. We can get a little darker here.

Also... sheet for my character is done!
Time to get to the editing of my book. Just got three chapters back that pretty much need to be rewritten entirely... and then it's on to the last chapter :D

Loved to watch it as a kid until it got banned here. Thankfully there's Netflix. But I prefer RPs. We can get a little darker here.

Also... sheet for my character is done!
Time to get to the editing of my book. Just got three chapters back that pretty much need to be rewritten entirely... and then it's on to the last chapter :D
Banned? Where the hell are you where they ban power rangers? Also what's your book about you seem passionate about it and as someone who briefly entertained the idea of writing before quickly giving up I'd like to hear your feelings.

Banned? Where the hell are you where they ban power rangers? Also what's your book about you seem passionate about it and as someone who briefly entertained the idea of writing before quickly giving up I'd like to hear your feelings.
Since Marorda is Dutch like me I'm guessing he means the Netherlands but since I watch Power Rangers on a pirating site and am way behind, currently about one episode of Jungle Fury a week, I have no idea if it's actually banned here or not

Yep. Power Rangers got banned in the Netherlands because it was "too violent". Some kids started kicking and punching other kids because they saw it on TV, and they blamed Power Rangers. So it got banned for a long time. Halfway through Ninja Storm it was pulled off the air. They returned with a horribly dubbed Operation Overdrive and Samurai... and as far as I know it's no longer on the air here now.

My book is the first in a series. Steampunk Fantasy. It starts with the Heiress to the Copper Throne being a mage. But the problem is her great-grandfather banned magic 93 years prior. Her parents told the realm she's sick. The people of the realm don't want a weak leader, so they conspire to kill her and her family on the day she ascends to the throne. Shit hits the fan, and then there's three more books in which they get to solve a war. Also, there's sky pirates!

Yep. Power Rangers got banned in the Netherlands because it was "too violent". Some kids started kicking and punching other kids because they saw it on TV, and they blamed Power Rangers. So it got banned for a long time. Halfway through Ninja Storm it was pulled off the air. They returned with a horribly dubbed Operation Overdrive and Samurai... and as far as I know it's no longer on the air here now.

My book is the first in a series. Steampunk Fantasy. It starts with the Heiress to the Copper Throne being a mage. But the problem is her great-grandfather banned magic 93 years prior. Her parents told the realm she's sick. The people of the realm don't want a weak leader, so they conspire to kill her and her family on the day she ascends to the throne. Shit hits the fan, and then there's three more books in which they get to solve a war. Also, there's sky pirates!

No surprise it's dubbed now, almost everything aimed at kids/teens gets dubbed here these days.

Also that books sounds interesting

And instead of editing, I found myself 10 word tabs and an excel sheet deep into why my list on longer added up.... We lost a chapter somewhere along the way. After some merging and splitting, chapter 24 disappeared into the void and we hopped from "old 23" to "old 25" where 23 turned into 21 and 25 turned into 22
Ain't editing fun?

I wanted to run my character by you guys before I finish him. He is not the sharpest tool in the shed, but he is very compassionate and will tear anyone hurting his family or friends apart. Very generic, but I was gonna attempt to splash in some details to make him more engaging.

I wanted to run my character by you guys before I finish him. He is not the sharpest tool in the shed, but he is very compassionate and will tear anyone hurting his family or friends apart. Very generic, but I was gonna attempt to splash in some details to make him more engaging.
I like those kinds of characters so it sounds good to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back